Pathfinder Dungeon Crawl [NC/EX]

Started by Jaded, May 17, 2016, 12:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaded

First off, let me begin by saying that it is probably a poor idea to join any game I am running.  My track record as a GM (here and elsewhere) is rather horrible, with many failed attempts (and not all ended well).  But, I do like to GM, and do hope to have some success (especially now as my life may be in better order) by focusing on a smaller concept.  Either way, you have been forewarned, and while I will do my best I can't promise that it won't all be a wasted effort.

Seaspray Island, named for the massive walls of water that rose into the sky as waves crashed into its rocky western edge, was known as a lonely backwater populated more by sheep than people.  It was a good stopping point for ships however, as they plied the great north-south trade routes along the coast.  A safe harbour, with friendly people and good food and drink.  Still, it was too far off the traditional routes to ever be considered well-visited. 

It was the year's biggest news, for the island at least.  A farmer, as he dug out a new well, had broken into an area that he described as a massive hall carved by ancient hands.  Of course, he was hardly one to know what was ancient or even manmade.  Still, the people of Seaspray Island saw themselves as practical and wise, and by and large declined to investigate further. 

Word spread, travelling with the few ships that stopped by the island, and it wasn't long before adventurers in search of gold and glory began to arrive...

This is intended to be a rather simple, small, Pathfinder game.  It will be combat and smut heavy, with the plot being focused on the investigation of a dungeon.  I will be accepting 3-6 players/characters.  If I take 6 it will be divided into two groups of 3 or three groups of 2.  I am looking for people who can and will post at least once every 2-3 days.  I would also prefer players/characters are proactive when it comes to posting and making decisions, I don't like railroading or having to nudge/nag too often. 

Character Creation and House Rules
All characters must be female.
All characters must be medium size.
I will not be looking for a balanced party.
HP will be max at first level, half at every other level.
If you want to use something outside the PRD (such as from the d20pfsrd) please ask first.
Anything from outside the core rulebook is subject to approval/rejection, so if it is important, ask first.
All characters may have 2 traits.

Ability scores will be 25 point buy.

Characters can begin with max gear for their class. 

Characters will begin at level 1.  I won’t be tracking exp, but instead levelling up characters at certain milestones.  Initial level gains will hopefully come relatively quickly (first battle, first victory, etc).

Initiative will not be used to determine posting order, instead characters will act in the order that they post.  Instead, in the hopes of speeding up combat, initiative will be divided in half (rounded down) and added to the character’s to-hit modifier. 

All damage/heals will be doubled (after the final is calculated).

These changes will probably unbalance things a bit, but hopefully will keep things moving a bit faster.

Characters generally won’t die from damage, instead being incapacitated or similar.  If health reaches the negatives, they will be treated as conscious but unable to act (just so you can still post).  Equipment may get damaged/destroyed as part of combat.

Smut
The smut could include things such as:

Non-consensual (Exotic)
Body Transformation
Pain/Light Torture
Bondage
Animals
Impregnation

Being comfortable/interested in NC-Exotic is a requirement if you want to join, the more Extreme content is optional but may occur in the threads that you are posting in.

If you're interested, please provide a character name, race, class, a brief background/description, and what content you are comfortable with.  I won't be going first come first served, but don't have a timeframe for when I will make a decision.  It will depend on level of interest.

PhantomPistoleer

Shay Fanning, Human Sorceress 

Shay is a human sorceress who recently got dumped by her boyfriend when he caught her in bed with another man a couple other men.  This wouldn't have been a problem under normal circumstances, but her ex was the captain of a merchant ship and her only ride back to civilization.  Marooned at Seaspray Island without a farthing to her name, Shay had a real rough time of it.  Not!  The sorceress quickly landed on her feet when she got regular work as an ale wench at the local tavern, where she makes extra side-coin by showing a little skin once in a while.  Shay's shallow and ambitious, and her desire for riches often outweigh her common sense.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chulanowa

I'm interested.

Also Phantom... is that an undead luck dragon behind her? FALKOR NOOOO!

Muse

Oooh!  More of Jaded's epicness!  May i play please?  :)

Like Chula, I'm cofortable--and quite happy--with all of htat except anliams.  I prefer the beastie molesting me either be smart enough to talk or be very alien--and not resemble a horse or dog even if they can talk.  ^_^;; 

I'll send a concept your way soon. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chulanowa

Sadly, I must away to bed before I can nail down exactly what I want to play. Looking at either an Int caster (Psychic / Witch) or a Skill-person (Bard / Investigator/rogue). Kinda coming from the angle of a character who's all up on lost secrets and weird occult doo-whackies.

Fey

I want to play Aveline, a human paladin of a goddess of love who's a squire in her Knighthood, and out on her first quest to prove herself and her faith. I'm fine with everything listed under 'smut' except transformation. :)

I'll post a detailed concept here soon. :D

Autocad

Pathfinder --> You had my curiosity,
NC/EX --> But now you have my attention

Muse

oh Jaded!  Would a Maened Wilder be okay?  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

harrymason

Name: Kaya Silverleaf
Companions name: Silver
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Ranger

Description: Kaya, and her companion Silver the wolf, travel around, looking for gold, fame and food. However, recently her luck seems to have dried up. She’s been caught in storms, rockslides and avalanches, and god knows how many things have tried to eat her, in both senses of the phrase. She’s down on her luck, and can’t understand why, as she’s so nice to everyone. She’s arrived on Seaspray island as a last ditch attempt to find anything, in order to survive. Kaya is beautiful, as most female elves are, and soon attracts the attention of any man in the area, and sometimes women.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=57144
my on's and off's, read em! ;)

Fey

Name: Céleste
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Smut: I'm fine with all the smutty content in the OP except for body transformation.

Character sheet

Céleste Delacroix was pretty and lovable as a child, and her gracious and pleasant demeanor won over even the most hardened of hearts. But she also claimed to have visions and dreams of the divine, and there were always minor incidents around her that none could explain. Once, she moved a cart to save a boy pinned beneath -- a cart that took two grown men to budge. Another time, she bled from her wrists for a week even though no wound could be found... Her parents, eager to be rid of a daughter they could sense would be difficult to marry off, were only too happy to send her away to some knightly Order or nunnery. She was taken in by the Blessed Swords of Our Lady, a monastic warrior-cult with a decidedly militant take on the worship of Lumière, goddess of beauty, courtly (i.e. not consummated) love and chivalric valor. Raised as a religious zealot and newly come of age at eighteen, Céleste has eagerly set out on her first quest, head filled with dreams of crusading against the orc, the goblin, and all who might defile and sully the purity of love!

Jaded

The submissions look good so far. :-)

Quote from: Muse on May 18, 2016, 10:07:32 AM
oh Jaded!  Would a Maened Wilder be okay?  :)

Probably not on both counts unfortunately.

Thorne

Hrrrm. Any issues with material out of 'Blood of Angels', or gunslingers?
No laser rifles. I am not going Dorsai on anybody. <.<
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Hobbes1266

Name: Wilifred Whitly
Class: Rogue

Fred was born in the salty womb of the sea, quite literally, except for the womb part... Fred was born to the wife of an elven captain of the notorious pirate catching vessel An ada. On the day of her birth, Freds fathers ship was ambushed by a fleet of pirates, sinking it to the bottom of the ocean. The captain of one of the ships saw Fred floating in the water moments from drowning, ordering that she be brought aboard, raising Fred as her own. Fred happily grew to be a successful member of the crew, becoming the captain of the ship once her adopted mother retired. The crew quickly began to realize that with an elf as the captain, none of them would live long enough for her to retire, meaning there was no hope of moving up in rank, so after a short mutiny they abandoned Fred on an island.

Jaded

Quote from: Thorne on May 18, 2016, 03:26:06 PM
Hrrrm. Any issues with material out of 'Blood of Angels', or gunslingers?
No laser rifles. I am not going Dorsai on anybody. <.<

A Gunslinger (assuming you mean from Ultimate Combat) is fine. Blood of Angels is the Aasimar book?  It would depend what you wanted to use from it. 

Thorne

Quote from: Jaded on May 18, 2016, 03:48:57 PM
A Gunslinger (assuming you mean from Ultimate Combat) is fine. Blood of Angels is the Aasimar book?  It would depend what you wanted to use from it.

Mostly, the specific bloodlines (Agathion-blooded, in this case). Still debating whether swapping the racial spell out for something off the 'roll a die and pray' chart is a good idea.
Agathion-blooded get Summon Nature's Ally II as a spell-like. One of the more useful options; but I don't know if it fits the character very well.

*I misremembered the spell. >.>

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Jaded

Agathion-blooded and the variant power are fine from a glance.

Thorne

Alrighty then.
I got one out of their list of traits, on looking again, but if you don't like Adrift, I can pick a different one. Likewise for 'Adopted: Eldritch Smith' - Adopted is out of the APG and essentially lets me take an appropriate racial trait that she might not ordinarily qualify for. Eldritch Smith out of Dwarves of Golarion. Given her background, the combo makes sense, but ... again. If you don't like, I can swap that out.

Raseela 'Raz' Silkwind
Idyllkin Gunslinger (Musket Master) 1

No one has ever mistaken Raz for a tiefling, but she's gotten some strange looks over the years, for her elf-like long ears and dainty cloven hooves. All she needs, her few friends have been known to joke, is antlers and an animal companion, and she'd make a fine druid. Considering the source, that may or may not have been a compliment.

Raz  prefers otherwise. She likes green spaces well enough, but her weapon of choice leads her to other paths, and she knows it. Family friends took her in when her parents died, and there are more than a few that find her detached - if not outright cold - for the mannerisms she's picked up from her dwarven parents.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Fey

I cleaned up my character description above.

This might be presumptuous since I may not be picked, but I thought it couldn't hurt, and made a character sheet for Céleste.

If I'm allowed to make up my own patron deity, then I've decided that her goddess is Demoiselle de la Lumière, or just Lumière, minor divinity of chivalry, courtly love, valor, and all that romanticised knightly stuff. (I'm happy to use any other deity that you'd prefer, of course.)

Céleste's Order, the Blessed Swords of Our Lady, are a crusading knighthood in her worship who take the dragon-slaying and questing bits of that ideal a bit too seriously, and are considered borderline heretical by other Luminites. They are very big on swords and crosses and proselytize by ridding people of the local zombie/bandit/baddie nuisance.

Autocad

Name: Juliette Jaeger
Class: Fighter

Background: The youngest sibling of seven and the only sister of six older brothers born to a minor noble Baron Jaeger in a distant kingdom, Juliette grew up a tomboy interested in swordfighting, chivalry, and legends of legendary knights of legend. When she came of age she set out to become a knight-errant, traveling the world seeking out innocents to protect, monsters to slay, and her name to make.

Content: I'm fine with all the smutty content in the OP!   ;D

PhantomPistoleer

Added a character sheet:

Shay Fanning, Human Sorceress 

Shay is a human sorceress who recently got dumped by her boyfriend when he caught her in bed with another man a couple other men.  This wouldn't have been a problem under normal circumstances, but her ex was the captain of a merchant ship and her only ride back to civilization.  Marooned at Seaspray Island without a farthing to her name, Shay had a real rough time of it.  Not!  The sorceress quickly landed on her feet when she got regular work as an ale wench at the local tavern, where she makes extra side-coin by showing a little skin once in a while.  Shay's shallow and ambitious, and her desire for riches often outweigh her common sense.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Sinestra

There still room to apply? That is, if you aren't doing first come first in. :)

I've a few concepts to post, but I am in bed at the moment, will post tomorrow afternoon :)
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

LordRod

I am willing to play any pc that drops or an npc that you are fine turning into a pc :D

Or I can play a tank. :D
Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

Chulanowa

Will get this done this evening. Uff, what am ess of a week!

Jaded

Quote from: Sinestra on May 19, 2016, 07:22:19 AM
There still room to apply? That is, if you aren't doing first come first in. :)

I've a few concepts to post, but I am in bed at the moment, will post tomorrow afternoon :)

I am not going first come first served (even if I feel bad not accepting people) and haven't made a decision yet.  Though I probably will be sometime in the next couple of days if I have time. 

harrymason

Will make a character sheet if it will help my chances?
https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=57144
my on's and off's, read em! ;)