The Railroad (Original Freeform Superhero) [Closed - Full]

Started by Totoro, September 18, 2020, 11:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Totoro

I really like Gulliver. I agree that or Ratio are the best options. Thank you to everyone who helped Armphid out any which way though. I couldn't think of anything as good as these ideas.

Quote from: Bibliophilia on September 25, 2020, 01:04:18 PM
-tries to resist.-

Definitely don't do that! You'd be awesome here.

Armphid

Fraction is good.  You are all so much more clever than me!

He's more of a literary nerd, so I think Gulliver wins.  Thank you all for your help!
[tr][td]
My ONs/OFFs and Other Info

One-on-One Ideas/Interests

Group Ideas/Interests[/td][td]     [/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Totoro

I really wanted to create some kind of name with a reference to Alice In Wonderland's Drink Me Potion and Eat Me Cake but I can't think of one. Ten pointless points to anyone who can come up with a good one along those lines.

Bibliophilia

I have zero willpower.  -giggle.-  The temptation was just too great.

May I reserve the model Margarita Masliakova, please?

Kakihara

Quote from: Sun Wukong on September 25, 2020, 01:33:13 PM
I really wanted to create some kind of name with a reference to Alice In Wonderland's Drink Me Potion and Eat Me Cake but I can't think of one. Ten pointless points to anyone who can come up with a good one along those lines.
How about F-Baum. lol

totally not serious but couldn't resist. ;D

Totoro

Quote from: Bibliophilia on September 25, 2020, 01:35:13 PM
I have zero willpower.  -giggle.-  The temptation was just too great.

May I reserve the model Margarita Masliakova, please?

If the temptation was so great then maybe you do have excellent willpower but this was just too far?

You can reserve her if you reveal how you find these FC's. (But actually, yes, done.)

Quote from: kakihara on September 25, 2020, 01:36:40 PM
How about F-Baum. lol

I like a good non-serious nickname. Should probably have a couple more floating around the NPC's.

Nowherewoman

*chuckle*

And of course, a sexy supervillainess with mind or pheromone control powers would have to be Pavlova.

She rings your bell, and you start to salivate, expecting something sweet...
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Armphid

Quote from: Nowherewoman on September 25, 2020, 01:45:20 PM
*chuckle*

And of course, a sexy supervillainess with mind or pheromone control powers would have to be Pavlova.

I love this idea, lol.  Though I should hate it...

Quote from: kakihara on September 25, 2020, 01:36:40 PM
How about F-Baum. lol

F-Baum is pretty damn funny.  I expect that those who end up playing will accrue nicknames from the other characters as they meet and get to know each other.
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Totoro

Quote from: Nowherewoman on September 25, 2020, 01:45:20 PM
*chuckle*

There's one 'hero' with some ability to influence people like that and two villainesses with similar traits. None of them are named Pavlova though.

Quote from: Armphid on September 25, 2020, 01:47:30 PM

I love this idea, lol.  Though I should hate it...

F-Baum is pretty damn funny.  I expect that those who end up playing will accrue nicknames from the other characters as they meet and get to know each other.

Jack, head of Railroad, will proably come up with a few of them over time. Mostly quite crass ones I suspect.

Bibliophilia

I'm mulling potential powers.

My thoughts are either your basic speedster, shapeshifting (Mystique-esque), or elasticity.

Armphid

Oooh, those are all fun ones.  Hard choice!  You might be able to combine elasticity and Mystique-style shapeshifting to a degree.  But speedsters can be such fun.  I guess it would depend on the limits of it, you know?  Like, there are some people who would like playing The Flash but not Quicksilver.
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Totoro

Quote from: Bibliophilia on September 25, 2020, 01:57:39 PM
I'm mulling potential powers.

My thoughts are either your basic speedster, shapeshifting (Mystique-esque), or elasticity.

I think that FC gives me some shapeshifter vibes - maybe elasticity? But I'm fine with any of those and none of them are reserved.

Speedsters are quite awkward in group games but I am willing to try to make it work.

Bibliophilia

Hm...I do like the idea of combining elasticity and shapeshifting.

Maybe basic personal physiology control, capable of body morphing and cosmetic alterations.  Nothing to the degree of Mystique or Elastic Girl, but low-grade versions of both.

That would come in super handy for non-combative stuff as well, allowing her to slip into tight spots by compressing her skeletal structure, or hide in plain sight by changing her appearance.  I'd say the changes she can make are only to her physiology, no creating clothing or making large changes to her mass.  So, she might be able to add or subtract height and weight visually, but not physically...stretching her flesh or skeleton in some manner.

Totoro

Quote from: Bibliophilia on September 25, 2020, 02:29:16 PM

Maybe basic personal physiology control, capable of body morphing and cosmetic alterations.  Nothing to the degree of Mystique or Elastic Girl, but low-grade versions of both.

That would come in super handy for non-combative stuff as well, allowing her to slip into tight spots by compressing her skeletal structure, or hide in plain sight by changing her appearance.  I'd say the changes she can make are only to her physiology, no creating clothing or making large changes to her mass.  So, she might be able to add or subtract height and weight visually, but not physically...stretching her flesh or skeleton in some manner.

Definitely up for this concept!

I think the power would be incredibly useful for the Railroad. A shapeshifter around opens up a lot of angles for espionage especially combined with her other power. There's a small group of more stealthy types starting to form who might get in and out of Knox Tower alive.

Kakihara

Quote from: Bibliophilia on September 25, 2020, 02:29:16 PM

now we just need someone who can change into elements and we can officially have 'The Wonder Twins".   ;D 

Really just want two people who will do the "Wonder Twins power activate." lol

Kuroneko

Sent my sheet in. Still looking for a theme song, lol.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Totoro

Quote from: Kuroneko on September 25, 2020, 09:35:10 PM
Sent my sheet in. Still looking for a theme song, lol.

I'll get it looked over! Theme songs are definitely not essential.

Amarlo

I plan to have my sheet in by tomorrow. Possibly even tonight.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

WhatLiesAbove

Alright!

I'd like to put in a request for FC for Natalie Dormer, please!

Deathnote

I have two character concept ideas for this game.  One would be as the former sidekick of Red Glare after becoming disillusioned with the superheroes he used to look up to.

The other idea would be as an FBI Agent who just graduated from Quantico's FBI Academy and was assigned to a position in New York.

In either case, I'd probably go with good ol' Super Speed.  :p

@Kakihara - Say, would it be okay if I played as Garrett Tsang's younger brother?

Totoro

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on September 27, 2020, 12:34:38 AM
Alright!

I'd like to put in a request for FC for Natalie Dormer, please!

Heya! Hope you've been doing alright. FC noted.

Quote from: Deathnote on September 27, 2020, 12:39:14 AM
I have two character concept ideas for this game.  One would be as the former sidekick of Red Glare after becoming disillusioned with the superheroes he used to look up to.

The other idea would be as an FBI Agent who just graduated from Quantico's FBI Academy and was assigned to a position in New York.

In either case, I'd probably go with good ol' Super Speed.  :p

@Kakihara - Say, would it be okay if I played as Garrett Tsang's younger brother?

I could get behind a sidekick of a lower-tier hero but 1. Anyone strong enough to be a sidekick of Red Glare is way too strong for this group of characters and 2. Anyone who got into that position probably didn't get out of it not on Knox's side and also alive.

FBI option's doable.

Super speed is too although it's always slightly hard to balance in group games, as long as it's handled responsibly (IE not the way someone like Flash's power level is usually argued) it's all good.

As far as the other option I definitely encourage connections but it's totally up to the writer of that character of course.

Kakihara

Quote from: Deathnote on September 27, 2020, 12:39:14 AM
As conceived he only has a older sister and a younger sister.  And his family is meant to be a weakness/thorn in his side really when they do ever show back up in his life so I feel adding in a younger brother would take a little angst and potential drama/pain when his family does eventually come back into his life.  That said, a cousin or even a nephew would be doable, I just think immediate family would be tough considering his background and the emotional ties involved in them.

Sasquatch421

This looks great and I'm interested if you'll have me.

Totoro

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on September 27, 2020, 10:34:36 AM
This looks great and I'm interested if you'll have me.

Heya! Of course.

Unless the game starts to get unmanageable (It is more popular than I expected) I'll keep recruiting ongoing until I run into issues GM'ing it. Still all good so far.

Deathnote

Quote from: Sun Wukong on September 27, 2020, 04:50:20 AM
I could get behind a sidekick of a lower-tier hero but 1. Anyone strong enough to be a sidekick of Red Glare is way too strong for this group of characters and 2. Anyone who got into that position probably didn't get out of it not on Knox's side and also alive.

FBI option's doable.

Super speed is too although it's always slightly hard to balance in group games, as long as it's handled responsibly (IE not the way someone like Flash's power level is usually argued) it's all good.

As far as the other option I definitely encourage connections but it's totally up to the writer of that character of course.

Now, when you said a lower-tier hero, did you mean someone who's not in the NPC archive?  Could my character have been the former sidekick of Velocity?  Alternatively, I noticed the name "Volt" pop up in Velocity's history.  Could my character have been that guy's sidekick?

I'm also considering having my character's mentor be someone who got betrayed by Knox and/or one of the other superheroes, providing my character the necessary motivation to join Railroad.