Antisoul's Mystery Labs (NC/EX) [Recruitment Thread]

Started by Antisoul, June 24, 2011, 12:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antisoul

Okay, so the premise here is several ordinary people find themselves prisoners in a deranged experiment with no decernable purpose. Held in windowless, door less 'labs', pairs of these people find a strange obelisk shaped dispenser constructed into one wall. The dispenser seems capable of dispensing almost anything but most importantly delivers food and water of which there is no other source in the 'labs'. It doesn't take the prisoners long to figure out that the food and water only comes after they've performed some requirement based on whatever the obelisk dispensed beforehand. Escape doesn't seem like a possibility, only survival. How far are you willing to go to stay alive?

In this game there would be eight players, four females and four males (actual player gender is not an issue.), that are paired off into four separate yet identical 'labs'. Over time the obelisk dispenses a variety of items sometimes with cryptic messages other times without and must be appeased before it will deliver sustenance. I would run the game giving each pair progressively more deranged requests via the obelisk in order to continue to survive vs. starve. The ultimate goal is to see which pairing survives the longest. Possibly being granted freedom.

It is important when joining this game to list things that are hard 'no's for you so that I know where and what you draw the line at, though do try to keep an open mind and maybe let yourself a little bit outside your comfort zone. Once I get four of each gender I'll create the threads and pair you off. Let me know what you think and feel free to comment on the idea or give input. Once sufficient interest is shown I'll put up a character sheet to fill out.

Thank you for your time.
- Antisoul.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

samantha_cs

I'm interested as well, and would be willing to play either male or female characters.

My list of "No"s:
No amputation or permanent mutilation (some piercings and tattoos are ok)
No vore
No excessive scat or raunch

That's all I can think of.

Sarah Morgan

Count me in on this too.  I'd prefer to play a female character, but I'd be willing to play a male, if it's needed, depending on how much interest we get.  As far as a list of limits goes, I'm pretty much open to anything, except for anything involving urine and other bodily fluids of that sort, permanent mutilation or amputation, and of course anything that would kill my character, and no cannibalism, but other than that I can't think of anything.  Here's hoping this idea catches on.

TastyBacon

I am very interested in this, would like to play as a Male.

My hard limits for this would be amputation/mutilation, Vore, and excessive scatplay.  (though urine/watersports is perfectly fine.)

There are others, but as this seems to be more of a 'realistic' setting, they really don't apply.  (things like inflation, etc.)

Also, as there doesn't seem to be a way to use a restroom, and most people here seem to have things like scat and such on their No's, would we just be ignoring that fact for the sake of the RP?

Antisoul

QuoteAlso, as there doesn't seem to be a way to use a restroom, and most people here seem to have things like scat and such on their No's, would we just be ignoring that fact for the sake of the RP?

The 'labs' are actually sparsely furnished (in a minimalist modern style (steel, glass, white) ) three bedroom apartments with all the doors and windows walled up. (How you got in there is a mystery, though the apartments seem pretty high tech.). The toilets have no water in them but when flushed will flash steam the refuse to a vapor and suction it out through small holes in the bowl. (so yes there is a bathroom.) The showers are the only running water but after trying to drink the shower water it becomes apparent the shower water is laced with a powerful emetic.

Hell the 'labs' even have large plasma TV's (built into the wall behind impact/shatter resistant glass.) Of course you can't control what the TV displays but, wth right?

Essentially assume all your basic needs save for food & water are catered too via the sophisticated technology built into the apartment. This would include things like clean clothing (which is always matte white scrubs & like colored socks.) Or if your character requires a certain medication the obelisk would regularly dispense the appropriate dosage (unless with holding that medication becomes a part of the experiment.) Etc.

TastyBacon

Ahhh, alright, thanks for clearing that up.  When I first read it, it has seemed like it was just a barren room that we would be situation in.  That's what I get for reading things at 3 in the morning, lol

RedRuby

I'm very interested in this! I'll be playing a female , and as with everyone else, vore, amputation, and watersports/scat are my big no's. Will there be a profile template or something to fill out?

Antisoul

Yeah character sheets will go up once we fill out. So far we got 2 females n 2 males. Thats labs A & B folks :)

Antisoul

Example Character
Name: Krammit
Apparent Age: Early 20's
Appearance: For appearance be descriptive, for this game as the characters are average people I will be requesting there be no character photo's. We'll all just have to use our imaginations and your textual description of your character.
Occupation in the Outside World: What did your character do before they were taken prisoner in the Antisoul Mystery Labs?

As far as character personality & history goes I am purposely leaving those out of the character sheet, if you'd like you can PM me that information or keep it to yourself but in either case you should know it. It can be revealed through play.

As for the restriction of character photos, since I am wanting the characters to be more than less 'average' (note that doesn't mean unattractive.) I decided it would be better to simply exclude character photos than to say "Sorry but David Boreanzaz isn't average." or "Okay, Edward Norton looks average enough."

With the four players we have now we can get the game going and leave recruitment open, and TheHangedMan if you decide you want in I'll pair with you since we would have an odd number otherwise.

Character Thread
Lab C (TheHangedMan x Antisoul)
Lab B (RedRuby x TastyBacon)

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Apparent Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Occupation in the Outside World:[/b]

TheHangedOne

Name: Rudolf "Rudy" Carter
Apparent Age: mid twenties
Appearance: About 5'10 tall, and just under 200 pounds, Rudy has thick, strong legs, but no real muscular growth elsewhere.  He is slightly rotund, and bears stretch marks on his body from when he was far heavier. He has short brown hair, and a smoothly shaved face. His eyes are green.
Occupation in the Outside World: Professional chef.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

TastyBacon

Name:  James Quinten
Apparent Age:  Early 20's
Appearance:  James is 6'2" tall and weighs around 220lbs.  He has a fairly average athletic looking build.  He definitely has some muscle apparent, and is in good shape, but is not heavily shaped and toned.  He is Caucasian with a light tan.  He keeps his born hair short, just about an inch long or so, and deep brown eyes.  He keeps a neatly trimmed goatee as his usual facial hair, and has received numerous complements from women when he goes out on his smile.
Occupation in the Outside World:  IT Technician for an office building.

RedRuby

Name: Illyana Maylena
Apparent Age: late teens to twenty
Appearance: Illyana is a girl of somewhat small stature, standing at only 4 foot 6 and weighing 97 pounds. Her thin frame is also lacking in muscle though, as she hadn't ever really worked out or anything either. She's a bit of a stunner, however, with her piercing blue eyes, pretty face, and waist length brown hair. Like most of her body, Illyana's breast size is smaller than most, being at a low B cup.

Fun fact: she's a virgin! That'll make for some drama >:3
Occupation in the Outside World: Owner's daughter of local tailoring store, clerk.

tuckers02

I'm in.  I can play either male or female, whichever one you are in need off.

As for no's, because of the nature of the game I'll say no hard 'no's right off the top of my head.

Sarah Morgan

Name: Brooke Taylor
Apparent Age: Late teens/early twenties.
Appearance: Brooke has long, straight dark brown hair that falls to the middle of her back, with bright blue eyes, and weighs around 120 pounds.  She's Caucasian, with a fair complexion, with no tatoos and no piercings other than her ears.  She's slender without being rail-thin, but looks healthy, with small breasts, A B cup size, and a virgin, simply not having found anyone who piqued her interest yet, and not out of any religious sensibilities.
Occupation in the Outside World: College student, unsure yet what she wanted to study, but leaning towards education, being fond of kids.

tuckers02

Name: Chad Henning
Apparent Age: 20
Appearance: Chad is a charming and handsome fellow.  He stands a couple of inches over six foot and has a nicely formed body from working out, but not overly muscular.  He has an even tan from being in the outdoors so much.  His deep brown eyes pairs with his sandy brown hair and practiced smile that makes him look completely trustworthy.  He has a few scars over most of his body from many broken bones, cuts, and surgeries from his stunts.  He wears them with pride as trophies of what he's completed in his life.
Occupation in the Outside World: College student, physics major; thrillseeker.

Undeniable Sin

Name: Megan Reynolds
Apparent Age: Early twenties
Appearance: Megan is a girl of average height at 5'3" and weight, 125 pounds. She isn't thin, but definitely not large. The one thing that makes her stand out is her shoulder length red hair. She has brown eyes, and a pretty face. Her skin is a pale white, as she can't tan, just burn. She has c cup breasts. There is a daisy chain tattoo around her right ankle.
Occupation in the Outside World:Sale's clerk at a small boutique.
   My O/O's       Roleplay Ideas

peterhere

I do not have any hard limits. Open for whatever might happen, and looking forward to try it!

Name: Nikolay Liland

Apparent Age: Late teens

Appearance: Nicolay has middle long brown hair lingering before his blue eyes. A fairly muscular body that's mainly focused around his well kept six pack. He's about 185 cm tall with an average weight for his age. A tattoo runs across his wrist spelling: "There is no progress without struggle" The saying has describing his life so far. Nicolay has worked his way up from nothing, founding his studies with part time jobs following nights without sleep. His goals for the future was to become an engineer. A future that he had struggled to reach for years.

Occupation in the Outside World: Student

The meaning of life, is to grant life meaning.
My ideas: elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133385.msg5936486#msg5936486

Undeniable Sin

I forgot to tack this on to my character outline. My hard no's are Scat, watersports, vore, mutilation, and amputation. That is all.
   My O/O's       Roleplay Ideas

Antisoul

Eliza

How about a post op genderswapped (male-to-female) female? Just the change is already established, no transforming in the middle of the story.

It might add a bit of drama, since my character will think like a man, but is incredibly desperate to explore his new body. Note, she's not going to be a female with numerous surgical scars, just a normal-looking female.

Antisoul

I have no problem with that and peter claims he's got no hard n fast no so go for it.

(N/M I wikied it.)

Eliza

Name: Heather Magdayao (formerly Heath Magdayao)
Apparent Age: 23 as a man, 21 as a woman
Gender: Female (was a man but had extensive gender reassignment procedures done to make him official a woman)
Appearance: At first glance, Heather looks like your average Asian woman who a body of an athlete and a model. Made to look Filipina like his biological roots, Heather is petite, around 5'2" with a slender body. She wears her waist-length, brown hair down, having not the skills to fix it up or style it accordingly.
Occupation in the Outside World: Full-time college student, graphics design major and cultural studies minor.

Limits: Scat, Vore, Mutilation, Excessive blood, blood drinking ... that's about it