Women's Prison interest check

Started by Chrystal, July 07, 2016, 01:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

This is at present just to see if there would be any interest in a group game set in a women's prison.

Let's keep it simple, shall we.

Inmates would all be female characters
Guards would be male and female

I would prefer to keep it limited to people playing their own gender (lieges may play either).

The game would be totally freeform sandbox - in other words it would be up to the players to make their own stories.

Inmate characters would be allowed from age 18 upward
Guards would have a "seniority structure" based on rank which would relate to age.

Obviously there would be a fair amount of smut, inmate/inmate, guard/inmate, and even guard/guard. Oh and I do not expect the guards to always be the ones on top...

The only other thing that I would say is that as a general rule the criminal justice systems in most civilised countries work. So if you are interested in creating an inmate character, then SHE WAS FOUND GUILTY by a jury, or possibly admitted her guilt. So please no wrongly convicted, no set up, no framed. Sure they can claim this as much as they like, but at the end of the day lets be realistic and give the judicial system credit.

Oh and something else I just thought of: The game would be set in a state/country that does NOT have the death penalty, so being convicted of murder is fine.

Uh, oh yes... If everyone of the inmates has only just arrived it makes it look as if the prison has only just opened, so lets have some "old lags" as well, huh?

Finally (and this is the last point, honestly) there needs to be some sort of realistic ratio between guards and prisoners. Given the state of most of the world's prisons, and the horrendous overcrowding in most of them, to have a ration of any more than one guard to four prisoners would be ridiculous. To be totally realistic would require 1:10,  but that would be unrealistic in terms of game play. So lets see if we can aim for 1 guard to 5 or six prisoners?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Hobbes1266

I would like to post interest as a prisoner.

Anna Katrine

I would also like to express my interest in playing an inmate :)

Kokaine

I'm interested. Could go guard or prisoner depending.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Aida Rose

I'm interested in a prisoner, maybe.

Chrystal

Wow. That's ... fast. That's probably the fastest response I've ever had to an idea...

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest to play a guard (one older ones). Would in this game a prison based sexual abuse expected (done by guards upon prisoners)?

Chrystal

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 07, 2016, 03:52:07 PM
I voice interest to play a guard (one older ones). Would in this game a prison based sexual abuse expected (done by guards upon prisoners)?

Depends what you mean by "expected".

The general idea is that you have a sort-of four-tier system There's the newer/younger prisoners at the bottom, the newer /younger guards next, then the older/experience prisoners, then the older experienced guards at the top.

Anyone can try it on with anyone else but there will be possible violent consequences for pushing the wrong person. There will be prisoners who are anybodies, there will probably be guards who are anybodies, there will be guards who take pretty much whoever they want and there will be prisoners whom not even the toughest guards will mess with if they want their families to sleep safe in their beds...

But at the same time, while it is "expected" in the game sense that those higher up the pecking order will abuse those below them, it is not a requirement by any means.

I must also stress that, while the game will go in extreme and will be non-consent, that applies to the characters and NOT the players. Any player wishing to force their character on another one MUST get the player's permission OOC first!

Zaer Darkwail

Expected = likely occurs by consent between players and is environment where it's encouraged to happen :). Probably in the game world it's similarly illegal as in RL for guards abuse prisoners sexually but in this game any complaints send about guards behavior by prisoners gets stomped/eliminated unless done by someone in the staff. My concept is a older and experienced guard who abuses prisoners who misbehave or are troublemakers (so he uses sexual abuse as means discipline them). In those which just catches his fancy he sort blackmails them into it (using his position of power and authority to do so).

Chrystal

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 07, 2016, 04:24:51 PM
Expected = likely occurs by consent between players and is environment where it's encouraged to happen :). Probably in the game world it's similarly illegal as in RL for guards abuse prisoners sexually but in this game any complaints send about guards behavior by prisoners gets stomped/eliminated unless done by someone in the staff. My concept is a older and experienced guard who abuses prisoners who misbehave or are troublemakers (so he uses sexual abuse as means discipline them). In those which just catches his fancy he sort blackmails them into it (using his position of power and authority to do so).

Gotcha.

I think it was the Scandinavian accent that threw me. Not complaining, your English is infinitely better than my Finnish - I speak zero Finnish, and anything divided by zero is infinity! So, yeah, don't apologise, it's just the sentence structure wasn't clear in your first post.

Yes, I think that will work just fine, that is exactly the sort of environment I'm looking at. Yes it's illegal for guards to abuse prisoners, but if the prisoners complain they just get more abuse. It is also illegal for inmates to abuse prisoners, but if the woman is in for life, what's she got to loose? Well, privileges, I suppose, but she can always earn them back over the next year or so, and anyway if the kid squeals the kid might just end up dangling by her bed sheets...

And there is the other side to this I mentioned... The guard who has let him/herself get too involved and has become vulnerable to the prisoners' manipulations.

Remember, Prisoners are allowed to write letters and make phone calls. Sure the letters are read and possibly censored and sure the phone calls are tapped, but codes are easy to arrange, especially at visiting time, and some of the nastier convicts still have their contacts on the outside... It only really takes one time of the guard's kids being collected from school by a nice man in a big black car and dropped of at home with some nice presents and a note for mommy or daddy....! Nothing was done to them, they were just given a ride home...

And the note simply says "Do what X tells you". X being the name of the character...

Zaer Darkwail

Eh, my accent is mostly because I am suffering from dyslexia as note ;) (it affects specifically my grammar and sentence structure slightly). But nice you confirmed my suspicions and it sounds very fun environment to write in :)

Tsuunade

I'd be interested in potentially playing an in-mate, are more minor crimes enough to land someone in hot-water acceptable? Like, theft?

Chrystal

Quote from: Tsuunade on July 07, 2016, 05:40:22 PM
I'd be interested in potentially playing an in-mate, are more minor crimes enough to land someone in hot-water acceptable? Like, theft?

Last time I checked you could go to prison for theft. Also for tax fraud, contempt of court, resisting arrest, drug dealing, pick a crime....!

The only real kicker is what sentence did they get and how long have they served, which is dependent upon the severity of the crime. Contempt Of Court is usually whichever is the longer of 24 hours or the time it takes the guilty party to formally apologise to the court. Murder one is 25 to life. Something like offensive behaviour might get you a month... Burglary is usually 5 years, conspiracy to defraud might be 3 years whereas actual fraud would probably be 5. But also there'd the difference between entering a guilty plea and entering a not-guilty plea and forcing an expensive trial. Plead guilty and the judge is more likely to be lenient - Plus there are such things as plea bargains. The defendant pleads guilty and the DA asks the judge for a reduced sentence, in exchange for which the defendant co-operates in bringing others to justice...

So yeah, basically. not everyone has to be a cold-blooded psychopathic serial killer.

Tsuunade

Quote from: Chrystal on July 07, 2016, 06:06:17 PM
Last time I checked you could go to prison for theft. Also for tax fraud, contempt of court, resisting arrest, drug dealing, pick a crime....!

The only real kicker is what sentence did they get and how long have they served, which is dependent upon the severity of the crime. Contempt Of Court is usually whichever is the longer of 24 hours or the time it takes the guilty party to formally apologise to the court. Murder one is 25 to life. Something like offensive behaviour might get you a month... Burglary is usually 5 years, conspiracy to defraud might be 3 years whereas actual fraud would probably be 5. But also there'd the difference between entering a guilty plea and entering a not-guilty plea and forcing an expensive trial. Plead guilty and the judge is more likely to be lenient - Plus there are such things as plea bargains. The defendant pleads guilty and the DA asks the judge for a reduced sentence, in exchange for which the defendant co-operates in bringing others to justice...

So yeah, basically. not everyone has to be a cold-blooded psychopathic serial killer.
Good to hear, and I learned a little bit more about the legal system in the process.

Kokaine

I'll likely be going with a lifer that's been there a while or a newbie guard, not sure. Though Im interested in a twisted psuedo-romance angle if there might be someone else into that.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Chrystal

So far so good...

Interested parties

GuardsInmates
Zaer DarkwailHobbes1266
KokaineAnna Katrine
Kokaine
Aida Rose
Tsuunade

As for me, I will most likely have a number of characters being GM... First and foremost, I will control the Prison Governor as a NPC, just in case she is needed...

Koka, You know how on the TV shows and movies they always have it that there is some prisoner who is the one really in charge, this would be someone who has been sentenced to life in prison (in the UK the exact wording is "At her Majesty's Pleasure") usually for multiple murders or the like. The convict in question sometimes has mob connections, or knows people on the outside, although not necessarily. The character isn't necessarily required but it will take a fairly tough woman to fill the role.

And it's not really one that I want, because as GM it kind-of gives me too much power! So would you like to fill that "Alpha-Bitch" slot? This is still in the "are enough people interested to make it work" stage so obviously nothing is set in anything yet. The IC role could, if you want, also attract a Co-GM role if the game gets big enough to need one. Again that is optional.

Zaer Darkwail

Or you Chrystal run the important alpha bitch of the prison and I run my char as corrupt prison governor/guard :).

Chrystal

No, the governor is mine for the simple reason that the governor has the power quite literally to shut everything down with the press of a button, have armed guards running all over the place and issue "shoot-to-kill" orders. As GM I do not want that power in anyone else's hands, thank you.

I don't see the governor as being a major role in the game either. The average prison probably holds anything from 500 to 1000 inmates. If anyone here thinks we'll get that number of player characters, you have either only just joined E, or are being very naive. I'm thinking 20 - 30 TOPS! More likely 10-15 who actually join the game and start playing.

So we are talking about one floor of one wing of the prison, that's it. The governor would be more likely to spend her entire time in her office doing paperwork, unless there was a major crisis requiring her personal attention!

I have no idea what the actual structure is for prison guards but I envisage something like this:

Governor
Assistant Govenor (also a NPC)
Wing Supervisor (day)
Assistant Wing Supervisor (night)
Senior Guard (3-25 years)
Junior guard (0-3 yearrs)

If anyone has more ... ah ... first hand knowledge, please feel free to say!

Kokaine

Quote from: Chrystal on July 08, 2016, 03:34:01 AM
Koka, You know how on the TV shows and movies they always have it that there is some prisoner who is the one really in charge, this would be someone who has been sentenced to life in prison (in the UK the exact wording is "At her Majesty's Pleasure") usually for multiple murders or the like. The convict in question sometimes has mob connections, or knows people on the outside, although not necessarily. The character isn't necessarily required but it will take a fairly tough woman to fill the role.

And it's not really one that I want, because as GM it kind-of gives me too much power! So would you like to fill that "Alpha-Bitch" slot? This is still in the "are enough people interested to make it work" stage so obviously nothing is set in anything yet. The IC role could, if you want, also attract a Co-GM role if the game gets big enough to need one. Again that is optional.

I could tackle the "Alpha-Bitch" role, sure :P Already got a couple ideas floating around in my head that may work.

As for Co-GMing, if it becomes necessary we can talk about it. Not sure I want any heavy responsibility but I'm generally willing to help out in whatever way I can provided I have the time and such.

My O/Os

Hobbes1266

I wouldn't be interested in being the alpha-bitch (not that it was suggested I be it, just throwing in my two cents] but I would be more than interested in playing someone's prison bitch ;D

Devilyn Sydhe

Tentative interest if the game needs another guard.  Probably a sadistic sort if the chance arises.

Chrystal

Quote from: Kokaine on July 08, 2016, 11:15:01 AM
I could tackle the "Alpha-Bitch" role, sure :P Already got a couple ideas floating around in my head that may work.

As for Co-GMing, if it becomes necessary we can talk about it. Not sure I want any heavy responsibility but I'm generally willing to help out in whatever way I can provided I have the time and such.

Co-GM-ing is optional and as yet unnecessary. I'd only be looking for a Co if we get more that fifteen players. But if you are happy to take the Alpha role that is a weight off my mind, because it means I don't have to. I'll probably play a sneaky little bitch character who's maybe a runner for the top women or something...

Quote from: Hobbes1266 on July 08, 2016, 11:34:49 AM
I wouldn't be interested in being the alpha-bitch (not that it was suggested I be it, just throwing in my two cents] but I would be more than interested in playing someone's prison bitch ;D

Depends on how many players/characters we get. One thing I'm not going to allow is pairing up. Recipe for disaster!

Quote from: KalebHyde on July 08, 2016, 11:37:57 AM
Tentative interest if the game needs another guard.  Probably a sadistic sort if the chance arises.

Depends on how many inmates we get. I'm also hoping for some female guards...

Gunner

I'm interested in playing a guard.
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition."
-Rudyard Kipling

summoner2183

Put my interest down as a Guard.

Foxy DeVille

I've got an idea for an inmate knockin' round my noggin. A chick who's tough but just wants to do her time. Too bad people keep steppin' up to her.