The Comic Book Shop - Currently filled

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, April 28, 2013, 06:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

I'm thinking of taking Wiccan, which could be interesting.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

LeSane

I just gotta ask can I hopefully use DeadPool? Technically he is a superhero a neutral one, but a hero none the less.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

ElvenKitten

Character Name: Wanda Wyatt
Sex:Female
Occupation Prior to change: Computer programmer.
Description and/or Pic:

Background: Wanda was always interested  in superheroes and spent most of her time in and around comic shops. Her name even sounded like a superheroes secret identity. (more to come soon)

Favorite comic hero or heroine: Miss Marvel.

Hero Pic:

insaneplots

query our roles are transformed into their comic book persona's do they remain those personas or can freely switch back and forth?

I'm working out profiles for both X-23 and Wolverine. as Seperate Characters not sure which one I want still.

zenpai

I would want to play as Rorschach but compared to most super hero he's weak. so any ideas
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

BlackestKnight

Quote from: zenpai on April 29, 2013, 11:24:11 AM
I would want to play as Rorschach but compared to most super hero he's weak. so any ideas

There's already a nightwing so I wouldn't worry too much about looking weak. What makes Roscharch interesting is the fact that he is  low tech not quite an ideal hero. You should stick with  him, he has personality.

BlackestKnight

Character Name: Derrick Baxter
Sex: Male
Occupation Prior to change: Unemployed College Student
Description and/or Pic:

Background: To be added.

Favorite comic hero or heroine: Symbiote Spider-man

Hero Pic:

insaneplots

Since I couldn't decide I'm posting them both. for your approval.

Character Name:William Dice
Occupation Prior to change: Unemployed
Description and/or Pic:
Height: 5'2"
Build: skinny with some muscle definition
Hair: Short Blonde Usually unkept
Clothing: mimicing his favorite comic character and because it's fairly comfy he wears loose fit jeans belt a tank top and usually a long sleeve  shirt only partially buttoned up.

Background:Fired from just about every job he worked; for various reasons, that just seemed mundane to him. None the less got him fired for doing them. The one thing that never stopped was his love for comics. His particular favorite wolverine, he even spent most of his money on his bike and his comics. While he still lived with his folks he was planning to eventually get out of the house and try to hold down a job.

Favorite comic hero or heroine: Wolverine

Hero Pic:

Character Name: Karen Harkness
Sex: Female
Occupation Prior to change: Student
Description and/or Pic:
Height: 4'7"
Build: A bit on the chubby side but not unhealthy level of weight
Hair: Short raven black
Clothing: usually covering and baggy to hide her figure.

Background: Liveing off of her student grants and a little help from her folks Karen spends most of her time with her face in a book usually if a new issue is out and she hasn't read it five times it slipped inside the book. She never had many friends in her every day life she felt like a  loner because she liked to not only ready but because she didn't want to get close to anyone.

Favorite comic hero or heroine:X-23

Hero Pic:

undisclosedtoyou

Character Name: Cindy Hamilton
Sex: Female
Occupation Prior to change: Receptionist
Description and/or Pic:

Background: Cindy grew up the only daughter of Insignia Hamilton, lead singer of the Bash, and his third wife, Violet Trust.  Her parents divorced before she was born, and she grew up with her mother, in their ocean side condo in Coronado.  Although she grew up beach side, she never really liked the water, and spent most of her time reading and messing around with her friends.  She only occasionally met with her father, when he was on breaks between touring on the road, and grew up just fine without him. 

After graduating high school, she decided to not go to college, instead landing a few jobs here and there.  Eventually she ended up working as a receptionist in a law firm, mostly answering the phone and occasionally filing.  A hobby she never out grew though, was her love of comic books, and she's not found her new favorite, the Young Avengers.  Despite having several female superheroes she could have looked up to, she's grown particularly fond of Wiccan, a teenaged superhero with more than a lot of potential.

Favorite comic hero or heroine: Wiccan from the Young Avengers.

Hero Pic:
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: yasarra on April 29, 2013, 12:08:34 AM
Color me interested!  I love comic books and various characters.  If Black Widow is still available, count me in.  Or Zealot from WildCATs.  That would work too.

yasarra welcome to the game,  Zeaot is fine and good to go.   

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on April 29, 2013, 12:15:07 AM
I'm thinking of taking Wiccan, which could be interesting.

undisclosetoyou, Wiccan is fine and good to go. 

Quote from: zenpai on April 29, 2013, 11:24:11 AM

Rorschach is fine zenpai,  welcome to the game.

The BlackestKnight -  Symbiote Spider-man is fine and the character is good to go.  Also welcome to the game.

Quote from: Scarification on April 29, 2013, 01:37:17 AM
I just gotta ask can I hopefully use DeadPool? Technically he is a superhero a neutral one, but a hero none the less.

Welcome and thank you for the interest Scarification.   Deadpool will be fine.   

Quote from: 1SAZ on April 28, 2013, 11:04:30 PM
Rather interested in this idea, and leaning towards Kyle Rayner/Green Lantern for the hero for my character.

1SAZ thank you for the interest.   Kyle Rayner/Green Lantern will be fine.

Insaneplots  both characters look good,   X-23  if need help in picking.   Still go with the one you really prefer.   

Elven Sex Goddess

The thread for the roster is up.  So please post your characters that are ready to the thread.  Thank you all. 

Click the link below to reach roster thread.
The Comic Book Shop - Roster Wiki

As you can see,  the game is going to be located in erotic bondage small groups role play section.   

Elven Sex Goddess

The thread for the OOC is up for the game.   

Click the link below to reach the game OOC thread
The Comic Book Shop - Comic Vine (OOC)

The main play thread will be up in a day or two.  To give everyone a chance to finish their characters and have them in.

undisclosedtoyou

My CS is posted in the Roster thread.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

insaneplots

Ive been known to play more than one fairly well and i have a few comical things i could do with wolverine but I agree I really like X-23.

if it's possible to play both I would prefer to go that route.

But If I must choose I will let my D8 decide and would go with wolverine. (Rolled before I posted he won.)

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: insaneplots on April 29, 2013, 08:29:46 PM
Ive been known to play more than one fairly well and i have a few comical things i could do with wolverine but I agree I really like X-23.

if it's possible to play both I would prefer to go that route.

But If I must choose I will let my D8 decide and would go with wolverine. (Rolled before I posted he won.)

I am not oppose to people playing two or more characters.  For now through due to the size of the group.  At the initial start of the game.   I prefer one character for each person.   Once the game has gotten going.   We can revisit allowing people to play multiple characters.   

insaneplots

I'll start off with X-23 then and add Wolverine once multi roles are a-go.

I was imagining the newly realized Wolverine laughing as he jumped in-front of a bus was thrown into traffic and after it was all done standing up and walking away from it while putting himself back together. With a "It hurt probably about as bad as it looked." type line.

Ghostly Thoughts

I'm interested in creating a character with the favourite superhero Spawn, would that be OK?

Elven Sex Goddess

Ghostly thoughts welcome, and yes Spawn is fine. 

Chaeronea

O Goddess, is there room for another player interested in this game, looking to take up the role of one of the X-Men, or possible another comic character? Can we pick what timeframe in their hero's career the person takes up - God knows with all the retcons and rewrites in the various comics universes I have trouble keeping track of who's up to what, and in some comic lines a hero's powers can change more frequently than his or her costume.

When a character changes over to their heroic form do they get the hero's equipment and gear? (I'd hate to play Cyclops without his ruby quartz glasses, for example.) And can they change back, or is the swap to their heroic alter ego a permanent one?

How much of the original's personality is overriden by the hero's? Does the character have access to the hero's memories as well as his or her own?

O Goddess, you mentioned in the opening post that when the characters are changed there is some sort of cosmic retcon, including haing their secret hero ID appearing on documents such as driver licences, building leases, etch. Does this mean that everybody who has ever known them will think of them as their heroic ID (eg with your NPC, will people she works with think of her as Sara Pezzini rather than Sandra Dixon)? And do people associated with them in their comics ID spontaneously appear in the real world? We've got someone playing Spider-Man, so I'm wondering is Mary-Jane or Aunt May going to show up. And God help us if this change happens to a Nick Fury fanboy...

I'd be interested in joining in the game, playing Cyclops, Gambit, Spartan (from the early run on WildCATs, not when he became a walking God-mode) or Havok. Do these sound okay?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Chaeronea on April 30, 2013, 04:52:47 AM
O Goddess, is there room for another player interested in this game, looking to take up the role of one of the X-Men, or possible another comic character? Can we pick what timeframe in their hero's career the person takes up - God knows with all the retcons and rewrites in the various comics universes I have trouble keeping track of who's up to what. Finally, when a character changes over to their heroic form do they get the hero's equipment and accoutrements - I'd hate to play Cyclops without his ruby quartz glasses, for example.

I'd be interested in playing Cyclops, Gambit, Spartan (from the early run on WildCATs, not when he became a walking God-mode) or Havok. Do these sound okay?

Welcome Chaeronea to the comic book shop.   You will make a even number of players. 

Yes any variation in timeline of character from comics is fine.    Also yes to the heroes equipment and accoutrements.   (For example one of the characters you list as a choice towards playing.   Is Spartan and it would be kind of neat if it is Spartan with his conscious memories in the bot version that can repair itself.   As it would mean that person has transformed from a human to a sentient machine.  Likewise if Marvels Vision had been chosen.)   

Cyclops,  Gambit,   Spartan or  Havoc.   Any of these would be fine.

~~~~~~~~~

The current roster is now filled.   A even number of players and myself of a dozen.     Anyone else will be placed on a waiting list.           

SilhouetteBlack

Hello, please put me on the waiting list, sounds like fun :)

Character Name: Wyatt Bricker
Occupation Prior to change: Photographer
Description and/or Pic:

Background:
Wyatt's father was a real comic book nut, he collected everything and anything for years and he read them all until moving away for college.  He's lost touch with the Marvel Universe, recently, and so has started to come back to the local comic book shop to get caught up on things.  All the morality lessons he learned from reading about the Avengers, FF, Thor, X-men... have shaped who he is and what he expects from people.  Unfortunately his level of expectation is a bit higher than most people can achieve, so Wyatt found himself on the fringes of society and turned to the arts.  Now a professional photographer he makes money any way he can, whether covering an event, taking prom photos or just selling art to local venues.  With each click of the camera Wyatt is looking to capture something in people that he rarely sees... something super.

Favorite comic hero or heroine: Captain America

Hero Pic:
~We'll begin, with a spin, traveling in a world of my creation.~

zenpai

I will be out of town for a few weeks so wont be able to play
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Elven Sex Goddess

Welcome to the game SihouetteBlack,  character looks good so post it to the roster thread linked above.  Since zenpai is going to be away for a few weeks. 

zenpai  I put you as being on the waiting list,  and keep your hero on reserve.   

LeSane

I haven't fully finished with the Bio so here is everything so far.

Character Name: Warren G. Thomas
Occupation Prior to change: Internship/ Community college student
Description and/or Pic:

Background: Warren was raised by his father. A horrible man that taught him one thing to live by 'Never put to much trust in people.' Such words to live by held strong truth in society. Through out his school years he kept most at a distance never really letting other know how he felt.  It wasn't until middle school when his father was put in jail, and he was taken to his mother care. It was her that allowed him to express himself which gave him a voice filled with smart remarks and witty one liners which got his butt in trouble. Though the more  he show edattention to one of the few things most boys liked. Comic books. Reading following famous heroes such as The Batman, Spiderman, and many more known heroes. However the list slowly decreased as his teen years raced along. Anything with violence and bloodshed caught his eye. It was through a X-men character Wolverine did he find his all time hero DeadPool.

Near the end of his high school career bad influences entered his life. Drugs being the most prominent of them all. With once solid grades started to slack Warren began to distance himself life he had once before only confiding in the numerous comics he had bought with his part time job.

Favorite comic hero or heroine:
DeadPool
Hero Pic:
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Elven Sex Goddess

Scarification,  don't forget to post Deadpool/Warren to the roster wiki.    The link is above in prior post