Re:Roman Camp Half-Blood: Looking for more Demigods! Roman Myth based game!

Started by Aiden, June 19, 2011, 12:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alysanthia

Gotcha, and I think you know which parentage I'll go for lol.

Aiden

Alysanthia

Aiden

Winterborn

I guess what I'll do is start out unclaimed and get inside the camp somehow. My main problem in making a decision is that I'm not sure how he'd know the camp is there to get to.

Aiden

Fawn (Satyr's) serve as guardians to unclaimed demigods. They can be anything from a coach, teacher, best friend, anything that hides their identity. They look fully human as long as they wish but at camp or away from mortal eyes they can "shift" their lower bodies to look like half goat men.

The Roman camp rarely uses these since most demigod children are raised at the camp, BUT with the "grown up" kids coming to camp a fawn would have looked over them, approached them and even showed them to the camp.

So you can create a fawn NPC and urge you to go to the camp for X reason then you can make your intro in the thread we are starting off in. Most kids who are unaware of who they are at first are culture shocked but that is up for your character to decide how he handles it.

With the death of his mom, a Fawn can dress up like MP or someone he might trust and take him to the camp then drop bombs on him over who he is and once he is claimed who his dad is.

Winterborn

Ah, heh, got one. A mil-history teacher at his military school with a 'medical discharge' because his legs 'don't work too well anymore'. Good cover for a fawn looking for kids who are likely to get dropped into a military/reform school.

Does that mean I should drop my sheet in the proper thread, then?

Aiden

Yep, Change his status to claimed mostly because it will happen in game (by me) almost right away once he is introduced and steps into the Forum where all the other Demigods are gathering.

Make sure to nod respectfully at the wolf, cuz she can still eat you if you piss her off.  XD

Alysanthia

Name: Camilla Prato

God or Goddess Parent: Ceres

Claimed or Unclaimed: Claimed (Ceres Cabin Leader)

Any Background Info: Camilla was born in a very loving home, her father making sure she had everything he could afford to give her. Of course this is after finding her just abandoned on his doorstep one evening. At the age of seven though, things began to change for the happy child. All at once plants seemed to perk up when she passed by, even the dead plants would come back to life if she merely touched it.

At one point Camilla unknowingly manipulated several plants at once to fight off some bullies. At seeing this Camilla’s teacher only had one option, the Satyr in disguise went to the girl's father and explained everything. Knowing what to do the man took the confused child on a trip, only telling her that it is for her own good and that they probably wouldn’t see each other again for a long time.

And like that Camilla's father handed her off to the Satyr, and left, allowing the mythical creature to take her to the camp. Yet her time at the camp though was not one of dread, during her early years Camilla learned many things, and made many friends, most of all she started mastering her powers. 

Fatal Flaw: A true nature lover, tends to nag others, and protective over the younger kids.

Weapon or Skill: Though she is skilled in many weapons, she mainly uses a spear gifted to her from her mother, and a sword made by a son of Vulcan who is no longer at the camp the demigod also made Camilla a lovely shield to match the finely crafted sword.

Now nearly having complete control over her powers, Camilla can easily manipulate any plant life near her; she can at will have various plants grow under her command as well as die. In times of stress her abilities can and will make themselves known, rather it is a sudden thorn bush appearing or if truly upset an earthquake will happily make itself present.

Often her talents are represented in the beauty of her cabin, as well as many complementing the demigoddess on her amazing cooking when she helps out with the kitchen, often though Camilla will be distracted due to hearing the voice of the trees or plants around her, all eagerly wanting to converse.

Physical Description:

Fair skinned and dark haired paired with brown eyes, both tend to reflect all shades of brown, changing color depending on the season.

Extra info- will help me develop quest/ideas for the game.

Future Goals: To see her father again, own a flower shop, and have her mother be proud of her.

Fears: Fire, Claustrophobia, Thunderstorms and Lightening.

Likes: Cooking, Gardening, Waking up in the morning and feeling the sun on her skin, Training, helping out with animals in the stables.

Dislikes: Arrogance, Those that disrespect nature, ignorance, people who critics her cooking or gardening.

Aiden

CurvyKitten

If there is still room I would love to join. Working over an idea for a female with the father Hephaestus/Vulcan. Gear head/architect and generally good with her hands not yet discovered her aptitude for forging other weapons and such. She is actually going to be afraid of fire do to her mortal family having died in a house fire which she has a scar from to this day. I know a daughter of the god of forges afraid of fire, but I thought it would be a good story twist later on. Let me know what you think and if you still have room and I will have a sheet up for you in no time.

Aiden

It would be a unique fear, working up a sheet and I will give it a look over.

Aiden

Added the game links to the first page.

Game has started in "The Forum" and "No Man's Land"

Still have a few spots open before closing recruitment.
No more children of Neptune or Jupiter are allowed at this time.
Recruitment will be closing,  July 1st.

CurvyKitten

Name: Vivien Avery but she'll tell you to call her Vee
God or Goddess Parent: Vulcan
Claimed or Unclaimed: Claimed
Any Background Info: Vivien was born August 20 1994 Leo born under the sign of fire. But in truth she felt she couldn't be farther from it. When she was 9 her parents were killed by a large house fire. The blast all but consumed everything in site. She was found by the fire men, under her mothers body that she used as the only thing she could to protect her daughter. Almost to late as the fire had started to beat at the child's back. The flames cutting along her skin, the only reason they found her was because of the screams.

It took a few surgeries and several months of rehab but her back healed. The flames left a scar on her back, the white markings come up from the base of her back and etches lightly along her skin, almost as if it were a branch against her back. The damage also ended up affecting her nervous system, she could no longer feel pain. Now one would think that would be an amazing advantage and on some points it is. But that also means she doesn't know her own limits. When to stop and when her body couldn't take anymore.

And from that on she was always pushing her limits, not stopping the time she fell from the tree and broke her arm. No her happy but determent to reach the top, climbed back up. Only ending up cracking the bone more and forcing it to have to have a metal plate and several screws. Which if one could imagine didn't sit well with the people that tried to foster her after that. From foster home to foster home she was shuffled. "She is to wild." "She won't listen." "She tore apart the damn toaster again..."

Another one of her bad habits starts to show itself around the age of 13. She seemed to be unbearable curious on how things worked. And how to make them better, or tinker and make something completely knew. Vee was smart...very smart but it didn't help her whenever they would turn her away. Finally she ended up with a man named Alec. He owned a auto parts shop and he had this weird way of collecting people as she always called it. He knew a guy that worked with social services and something about her drew his eye apparently. The 14 year old girl sitting in the office waiting room alone. Playing with the things in the play area building what looked like an elevator to barbies dream house. Apparently she wasn't a girl to play with barbies dream house she wanted to build onto it.

Alec somehow worked the system and had her transferred to his care. Where as he learned she was more then just a tinkerer. Vee was a daughter of Vulcan himself. "Knew I saw something special in you kid." as he ruffles her hair. The day the mark appeared over her head she had rebuild the car she still drives today. Making make shift parts from the stuff and the left over cars around her.

It was very evident where her heritage came from. The only thing that seemed to be pushed back in her nature was the control over fire and volcanoes. But Alec assumed it was due to her past, and that one day she would have to face that fear. But he had faith that she could get pasted it.

She was raised by him for three years it was getting closer to her 18th birthday. And Alec whom she found out was a a type of protector. He kept it quiet but the day came, a day he was almost sad to see when he knew she needed to go to Camp-half blood. He had taken her hiking and camping countless times but this time she wouldn't be coming back with him.

And this is where we pick up our story; he leads her near her goal and falls back deliberately. It was her time and chance to enter the cam and start her new life.

Fatal Flaw: Her fear it holds her back from her true potential, and unable to feel pain do to nerve damage. You'd think it is in ones favor and for a while it is. But it also keeps her from knowing when her body has reached its limit and she always pushes too far.

Weapon or Skill: She is rather good at making or coming up with a weapon on the fly. Improvising with the things she has around her to make what she needs. But anyone how tries anything in her garage usually ends up with a rather large wrench coming there way. And she always has a blade on her somewhere but has never fought with a sword.

Physical Description:
Extra info- will help me develop quest/ideas for the game.

Future Goals
She had planed on opening her auto shop, "Phoenix Customs." now...she has no idea.

Fears
Fire being her biggest, but she has this odd fear of freezing to death...it is why she says she hates the cold.

Cars hell anything with a motor and wheels the faster the better. Music she cant help but move when she hears it. Puzzles and her projects that she always has to see through. Candy she has one heck of a sweet tooth. The color red, and Saturday morning cartoons.

Dislikes
People that pick on someone weaker then them, people who lie, pointless violence

Grimmwolf

Name:Jalen Varick
God or Goddess Parent: Mercury
Claimed or Unclaimed: Claimed (Mercury cabin Leader)
Any Background Info: Abandoned in San Francisco as a baby, for unknown reasons, Jalen was unnamed until he was taken to Lupa by his father, Mercury. During the trip to the camp, Mercury took pity on his poor son and gave him the name Jalen, meaning "Bird of light." Over the years, Jalen studied multiple different weapons, but none felt right to him, until he felt the cold hard metal of a Glaive in his hands. He developed an admiration for his father, wanting more of the world of myth and less of man. He became a ruthless fighter, calculating outcomes of each of his and his opponent's attacks, with both weapons and hand-to-hand, though he would tend to both of their wounds after the fight.
Fatal Flaw: Self-Martyr (sacrifices himself  to save others)
Weapon or Skill: Glaive
Physical Description:
Extra info- Doesn't talk much, but has a deep need to protect everyone near him, even at the expense of his own life.
Future Goals Wants to become a trainer in the camp.
Fears Solitude
Likes having company nearby
Dislikes Neglectful parents
Don't Worry, I'm a Proffesional

Aiden

Curvy your profile looks good, do you wish to be among the "wave" of new campers the camp will be experiencing at the "start" of this game or do you want to have her established before that? Either way your character is approved and you can post it in the approved list so I can sort you.

bubby

My personal opinion, though Aiden IS the Boss, is that Curvykitten's Vivien should be a new arrival, much like Winterborn's Martin is?

Adds more spice..rounds things out more?

CurvyKitten

Either way works for me. I can have her come through the gate and fight something if you wish, or have her protector guide her in?

Aiden

Her protector can bring her in, the Lupa is currently not very happy seeing all these unraised (by her) children coming into the camp.

Go ahead and move your profile here Kitten.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=110888.0

thanks.

CurvyKitten

Thanks and done, looking forward to seeing how this all goes.

Aiden

We currently have a 7 male to 8 female ratio and I am looking to keep this balance even. Will be stopping at 10/10 or July 1st which ever comes first, so last call to join this game.

Aiden

I'm looking for a minor role, an oracle/sibyls.

Has to be a female
Can not be a child of a God/Goddess
Age Variable, but prefer to keep her (within site limits, duh) 16-22 (The age range of the players in this game, the youngest the better).
Will have minor to major plot importance and allowed to live at the camp that is normally only open to Demigods.
http://departments.kings.edu/womens_history/ancoracles.html

Kendra

1st of July is tomorrow
last call ;)

a great game so make sure  you sign up while you can  8-)

Aiden

Those few who have PM'd me about joining the game can still place their pending apps in our OOC, for now this game's recruitment is now closed.

The recuitment was only for new players, if you wish to create an established character (A character who has lived in the camp since age 2) please
PM Kendra and Aiden.

Thank you

Aiden

Looking for a few more male campers to balance out the female to male ratio in the game.

If interested send Kendra and myself a tell and feel free to browse the links on the first page.