Something like Land of the Lost...FROM HELL (NC)

Started by OldSchoolGamer, June 21, 2011, 06:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldSchoolGamer

That about sums up this game concept.  The storyline is a family, probably heavy on females, out for a camping trip.  Everything is normal one moment...then, they find themselves elsewhere.  "Elsewhere" is an alternate dimension that they discover all too quickly is full of nasty humanoids and other creatures.  Rather than focusing on blood and guts, the local denizens have (mostly) breeding on the mind.  This does not preclude violence and conflict by any means, but most of where you would expect to find blood and gore were this a horror movie, you'll find NC sex instead.

Of course, there'll be a larger plotline.  The family will discover they're not the first humans to find themselves there.  And this alternate world holds some secrets, ones with a bearing on Earth itself.

I'm picturing the storyline being about 30% hardcore sex and horror, 30% role-playing, 30% mystery solving and discovery, and 10% sheer fantasy/sci-fi--and just a dash of camp tossed in for fun.  This will be freeform.  I will use dice when they are occasioned, but I'm not envisioning frequent dice-tossing here.  Note that I tend as a GM to not serve up stories on a silver platter.  That is to say, you will need to actively seek clues, explore, do things, take actions, and so forth if you want to get the most out of this game.  Possible story-arcs and sub-adventures will be presented, but I have never believed in linear, forced storylines.  What you do in this world is up to you.

As per my own personal quirks and counter-quirks, sex in my stories tends to be straight, and to involve dominant males and neutral or moderately submissive females.  This isn't to say other forms of sex are verboten, but if you're looking for homosexuality it probably won't come from me/my NPCs.  Ditto for D/s scenes with a domme.  Just not my cup of tea.  But if it happens between PCs, it's fine with me. 

As for your characters, I'm looking for a normal, everyday human family and friends of said family.  Your characters do not begin with any special powers, nor are they  über-spies or hardcore survivalists.   I may open the game to people wishing to play denizens of the alternate universe, but that will be after the storyline has gotten underway.  You the players are free to negotiate with each other what the family and friends consist of, what relationships you have, and so forth.  (I think this is better than me posting a template of characters and asking people to claim one.)

Muse

Oh, fun! 

About how fast do you mean this game to move? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Muse on June 21, 2011, 09:12:12 PM
Oh, fun! 

About how fast do you mean this game to move?

Now that I've ironed out the various issues that kept me off Elliquiy, I should be able to update it at least once a day.

Shjade

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on June 21, 2011, 06:22:33 PM
As for your characters, I'm looking for a normal, everyday human family and friends of said family.  Your characters do not begin with any special powers, nor are they  über-spies or hardcore survivalists.
I don't want to sound like I'm trying to break the game, but to what extent are you looking for these folks to be incapable? Say, all suburban folks who've never camped a day in their lives-level helpless, or could a friend of the family be a National Guard reservist - no hardcore soldier, never even seen action, but had some field training and knows which end of a knife goes in the other man? Or maybe just someone who was in the girl scouts and knows how to make a fire and tie some nifty knots?

Just sounding things out a little.

Two other little questions: should we post character ideas here or PM them to you, and how many players are you looking to include?
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Shjade on June 22, 2011, 11:51:19 AM
I don't want to sound like I'm trying to break the game, but to what extent are you looking for these folks to be incapable? Say, all suburban folks who've never camped a day in their lives-level helpless, or could a friend of the family be a National Guard reservist - no hardcore soldier, never even seen action, but had some field training and knows which end of a knife goes in the other man? Or maybe just someone who was in the girl scouts and knows how to make a fire and tie some nifty knots?

Just sounding things out a little.

Two other little questions: should we post character ideas here or PM them to you, and how many players are you looking to include?

That's a fair question.  I don't expect characters to be totally incapable.  This is not intended to be a "blonde bimbo goes out alone in spite of all warnings and common sense even though three people have been chain-sawed already" exercise in campiness.  I'm just looking to weed out the Special Forces and SEALS, the ninjas, any superhero concepts, etc.  Characters like a wood-shop teacher who spent two years in the Army Reserve and likes to hunt, or a secretary whose father took her into the back woods and taught her how to fish and build a shelter, or a high-school senior girl who is into rock-climbing would be fine.

Aurora Wayland

Sounds interesting. So are we all one family? Will the family be incestuous? Are there dinosaurs? :O

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Aurora Wayland on June 22, 2011, 12:47:22 PM
Sounds interesting. So are we all one family? Will the family be incestuous? Are there dinosaurs? :O

My core concept was for a single family, but I'm also open to friends, lovers or in-laws who are along for the trip.  As for incest, it's not a particular kink of mine, but I'm not forbidding it.  As for the bestiary...there might be reptiles, possibly large ones.  ;)

Aurora Wayland

I like the family idea. And giant lizards. Count me in!

Lyria

I am very interested in this, if the family is not incestuous. No judgment on others, just not my thing.   How would you like us to submit characters to you. Via PM? What do you require for character submission?
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

OldSchoolGamer

You can post character concepts in the thread here.  This will help other players see who else will be along, and work out relationships.  A character profile should contain vitals and basic description (name, gender, age, height, weight, occupation) and a brief history and physical description.  A pic would be nice but is not required. 

I'm looking to have around 5 PCs in the game.

Muse

Lyria, would you enjoy it if one of us played a daughter in the family and the other her intimate friend? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Lyria

I appreciate the offer. The character concept I was tossing around wouldn't fit with that, but let me ponder it :)

Muse

*smiles* 

All right. 

I'm just trying to get the discussion started, really. 

Shjade

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on June 22, 2011, 01:25:01 PM
You can post character concepts in the thread here.  This will help other players see who else will be along, and work out relationships.  A character profile should contain vitals and basic description (name, gender, age, height, weight, occupation) and a brief history and physical description.  A pic would be nice but is not required.
So maybe something like...

Name: Karen Dale
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 115 lbs.

History: Karen's been the good daughter most of her life. There was a brief rebellious phase in her mid-teens involving cigarettes, alcohol, a frat party she should never have been allowed to attend and an older boy who called himself "Storm," but between her parents coming down on her for it and witnessing an overdose firsthand at the party she quickly pulled away from the wild side. Karen graduated high school without trouble and started dating a boy from her graduating class who went on to attend the same out-of-State college, maintaining that relationship up until the end of Sophomore year when she discovered he'd been cheating on her. Stung, she went back home after the semester's end to get some much needed distance over the summer break, just in time to take her family up on their offer to join them on a camping trip they had planned for early July. Her artistic interest is complemented by her love of the outdoors, some of her favorite sketches drawn during long hikes and rock-climbing expeditions with friends.

Desc: Karen's outdoor activities and routine exercise keep her in good shape, though she's still rather more supple than muscular in appearance, and her curvy, petite frame can hardly be called imposing by almost any standard. Straight brown hair falls past her shoulders and brings out the darker tones in her hazel eyes. She tends to wear lightweight, practical clothing: T-shirts and tank tops with jeans or cargo shorts, and appropriate footwear for the occasion (sandals at the beach, mountain boots for a hike, etc.), though as one small compromise for rebellious youth she skimps on the underclothes when she thinks she can get away with it. She keeps clean-shaven, the piercings in her navel and earlobes have healed over from disuse, and she has a small dark green tattoo of a Celtic knot on her right shoulder blade.

Could be a family member or just a friend of the family - left things open for either (could just as easily have been invited by friend's family). The high school rock-climber suggestion got to me. ;p
Workable?
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Muse

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Shjade on June 23, 2011, 12:38:04 AM
Could be a family member or just a friend of the family - left things open for either (could just as easily have been invited by friend's family). The high school rock-climber suggestion got to me. ;p
Workable?

Works for me.   :-)

auroraChloe

and don't forget the Sleestaks !  LoL

great idea for a game.  ponders a character.

a/a 8/21/17

Aurora Wayland

Name: Jessica "Jesse"
Height: 5'0
Weight: 98lbs
Sexuality: Bisexual

History: Jessica is the twin of Nikki whom she is very close to. During her high school years she excelled in History and Art, and earned a scholarship to a local college. After school she would often spend times with her sister and a group of other kids who enjoyed the craze "free running". She has never been away from her twin sister or her family, so in hopes of maintaining a loving relationship with them she has gone with them camping in a last "family vacation" before leaving for college.

Description: Jessica is small and petite, yet well toned from the years of running on the streets of the city and track in high school. Her hair is long and black and covers her breasts. Her hair has a blond streak in her bangs so she can stand out a bit from her twin. Her bra size is an average 32 B, yet she often wears bras that help push them up and enhance her cleavage. Shes an identical twin so she takes pride in the little things that separate her from her sister. She has a belly piercing and naval ring, as well as a newly done tattoo on her left arm, which her parents don't know about.   

Jessica wears tight tank tops and super low waist 'skinny' jeans. Her favorite pair of shoes are an old pair of Chuck Taylors. Much like her sister, she wears brightly colored thongs as under wear.

(Open to more family members, but a warning that her and her twin are VERY close! ;D )

OldSchoolGamer

Muse

Name: Nickie
Height 5'
Weight: 98lbs
Ocupation: "Ronin"
Sexuality: Bisexual

History:  Nickie never was as focused as her sister.  With a quick mind and quick feet she jumped from interest to interest with a keen mind and strong memory, but none of the attention to detail that won Jessie her scholarship. 

Three things really hold her attention.  Art, free running, and Jessie.  When they were younger, she liked to design clothes.  Now she just throws together wild outfits from things more fashionable then her own needle can create, but her enjoyment of Anime lead her to start attending conventions in costume. 

Since graduation, Nickie has nursed a secret fear of loosing her sister too a distant college and--with her--anything that could give focus to her racing mind.  She is quietly and with all her might studying for an SAT retest in hopes that she can get accepted into the same college as Jessie before her sister gets too far ahead of her, even knowing she'll surely need lots of student loans.  She wants to do 'something artistic' in college. 

Description: Nickie is small and petite, yet well toned from the years of running on the streets and roofs of the city and track in high school. Her hair is long and black and covers her breasts. She sometimes dies a purple or red forelock in her bangs too contrast the blond streak her Jessie wears.  Her bra size is an average 32 B, yet she often wears bras that help push them up and enhance her cleavage. Shes an identical twin and has a (bad?) habit of playing opposite her sister rather than truly distinguishing herself. 

Nickie sometimes matches her sister in tight tank tops and super low waist 'skinny' jeans. Other times she goes more goth, with a corset top, snug leather pants, lace collar, and chains around her wrists.  Adding gloves, she likes too free run in this outfit when the weather is right.  She can go the other route with white blouses and pale blue skirts suggestive of a sailor fuku, but is afraid it would ruin her image if she did that at school. 

She favors athletic shoes and eschews heals for anything short of a dance or costume.  Much like her sister, she wears brightly colored thongs as under wear.

OldSchoolGamer

OldSchoolGamer

At this juncture, I'm in the market for at least one older character...Mom?

Lyria

I am actually going to pass on this one, but best of luck with the game!

OldSchoolGamer

OldSchoolGamer