News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyrd

Quote from: Neophyte on May 06, 2011, 04:40:04 PM
I....can't watch that show without expecting Pinkie Pie to pull out a knife.

Its sad really
Y...you read it too, eh?
Ragtime Dandies!

Kunoichi

xD Well, at least the fan interpretations seem to be right about Princess Celestia.  She really is a troll...

Kunoichi

...No comments, now that the first season is over? >>; The new season is apparently likely to start in December...

Wyrd

Sorry. ^^  I don't get the show I don't think on my cable package. I watch the shows every so often online
Ragtime Dandies!

Callie Del Noire

Supposedly the executive director of the series stepped down. So they will have a new one for the next season

And then there is..

PONYMEN

ReijiTabibito

Faust stepped down as executive producer because she and her husband (Craig McCracken of Foster's Home fame) are having a kid.  She's still consulting producer, however, and that's going to be key.

Kunoichi

That's good to hear. ^^ I hope the baby grows up to be nice and healthy.

...And that the fandom doesn't start devouring itself during the wait for the next season. >>;

Callie Del Noire

I hate waiting between 'breaks'.. grrr...

I mean I liked Young Justice..then it goes into 'season break'. :(

Kunoichi

And after only...  What, 5 or 6 episodes?  (Well, maybe up to 8 or 9 if we count the pilot as a three separate episodes.)  Yeah, definitely kind of annoying.

Still, at least we know that we're getting a second season in the first place, right?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 12, 2011, 04:21:29 PM
And after only...  What, 5 or 6 episodes?  (Well, maybe up to 8 or 9 if we count the pilot as a three separate episodes.)  Yeah, definitely kind of annoying.

Still, at least we know that we're getting a second season in the first place, right?

Actually it's more like the '2nd half of the season' than a 2nd season. Makes sense to break it up and keep it from sliding over an entire 6 month period, when you can roll out a 'new season' every 3 to 4 months. TNT, and a few other cable channels do their series like that to get better ratings during the lulls in the regular seasons.

Kunoichi

Actually, no, I'm pretty sure it's an entire new season. ^^; We've had a full 26 episode season with a mid-season break already, and this next season is a second set of 26 episodes that Hasbro put in an order for.  It's definitely a 'true' second season.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 12, 2011, 04:40:11 PM
Actually, no, I'm pretty sure it's an entire new season. ^^; We've had a full 26 episode season with a mid-season break already, and this next season is a second set of 26 episodes that Hasbro put in an order for.  It's definitely a 'true' second season.

I was referring to Young Justice. My bad. ;)

Kunoichi

Ah.  Yeah, I meant My Little Pony when I was talking about the second season.

Apparently, it's going to have actual villains, too. ^^

ofDelusions

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 12, 2011, 05:41:10 PM

Apparently, it's going to have actual villains, too. ^^

Cerebus? Is that you? ;D

No, not screaming ruined just couldn't waste that joke >.>

NotCarrot

From what I've heard, the second season is gonna be closer to what Lauren Faust originally imagined, more plot-driven and bringing back the magical-girl elements (ha, pun) from the pilot. Plus villains. (Here's hoping that "villains" means reappearances by Trixie and Gilda.)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Also, I can't decide if Fluttershy going completely the hell out of her mind at the gala is terrifying or hilarious.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Well, I have heard that there will be reoccurring characters...  Oh, and that fan favorite Derpy Hooves is among them. ;D

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Can't it be both? :P

ReijiTabibito

Actually, according to Word of God, something out there transformed Luna into Night Mare Moon...and there never was a full explanation for 'and the stars themselves will aid in her escape'...

Kunoichi

Really? I heard she used some form of 'Dark Magic'.  Of course, that was a while ago, so there's probably been some elaboration since then...

NotCarrot

QuoteActually, according to Word of God, something out there transformed Luna into Night Mare Moon...and there never was a full explanation for 'and the stars themselves will aid in her escape'...

Hm, I'd been figuring it was just uberjealousy + magic = super unicorn/pegasus/whatsit. Cause, you know, ponies. It's ponies. I don't HAVE to explain it.

Honestly, I kinda hope Derpy stays a prominent background character. It's fun seeing her in random sight gags and such, but I'm not sure she'd hold up as a character with an actual part. Though watching a good 80-90% of fandom flail around when their theories about her personality get Jossed would probably be entertaining.

Kendra

okay I have literally bookmarked this after seeing the PonyCraft2 lol
cracked me up big time - have recently been getting into StarCraft so found it hilarious

can't wait to view the other clips
great thread  ;D

Used Carlot

Any word on someone wanting to run it? We need more shipping!

Ironwolf85

I don't watch ti, but after hearing all this I am seriously thinking of just putting up a MLP Role play just for the heck of it.
I played in a dirty RP based on the earlier MLP, kinda... the moment the series ended they grew up and their world was left alone my the animators.
suddenly the rules of reality applied...
It was kinda fun having them turn humanoid and have their ages catch up all of a sudden.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Kunoichi

*ponders how a Friendship is Magic game would work out*

Hmm...

ReijiTabibito

For right now?  Probably function as a slice of life game, much like the past season.

Ironwolf85

it was mostly a slice of life game with lots and lots and lots of sex and occasionally drama
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.