Adventures and Misadventures (Pathfinder 1E)

Started by PixelatedPixie, April 10, 2021, 12:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelatedPixie

The game will be run using Pathfinder 1E rules. 

Disclaimer

I have a horrible track record with GMing games here and elsewhere online.  I also feel like I am struggling a bit with RPing and GMing in general of late.  That said I want to run a game, and I enjoy running games, so I thought I’d try and do something small and simple with a system I am familiar with.  That said, this is intended as a warning that it all may be a waste of time.

What I want to run

I say small, simple, and with a system I am familiar with.  By that I mean 2-3 characters, and I will only be allowing women (for characters, I don't care what the player is), level 1, and using Pathfinder 1E.

My desire is for the characters to have some degree of shared backstory, which will require discussion prior to character creation.  I don't want to have to come up with a contrived reason why the group are together.  So if someone comes in with a full background and/or sheet it will be a point against.  Ideally the characters would be related (with the potential for light incest in smut), but at the very least they should come from the same place or otherwise know each other. 

I will be using the Golarion setting, and starting the game in Absalom.  I will be basing the first adventure on a heavily modified version of the Master of the Fallen Fortress adventure.  Though if you've already run through it that is fine.

Smut

A reason I want to roleplay here over other options is smut.  As such I intend to include it.  I am open to (and happy to try and include) various ons, but at the very least a player has to be interested in non-consensual sex (penetrative, forced, involving potentially monstrous males) involving their character.  If you aren't comfortable with that I understand, but this isn't the game for you.  I have gotten (repeatedly) hugely frustrated in the past by people ignoring explicit requirements for games I run. 

I will be rating the game Extreme.  There is some content that WILL be included, see below, and some content that may be included based on player interests and preferences.  That said, while I can try to limit one player's ability to accidentally see someone else's thread/plot, content may exist in scenes/threads that you aren't interested in but that other players are.  So being able to tolerate/ignore/avoid content is a requirement.  I am open to discussion on methods to manage this.

Bad Ends
If the characters are defeated, and while it isn't my intention to aim for TPKs I am also not intending to pull punches, and may throw in tough encounters that require lateral thinking, there will be 'bad ends' as an alternative to death.  This could involve a single scene of forced non-consensual sex, but it could also lead into longer (smut-heavy) plotlines such as enslavement.

Misogyny and Unfairness
My intent is to have the world be sex-focused and often hostile towards the characters.  This could involve rude language directed at them, active attempts to drug them, active attempts to cheat them, and so on.  I am explicitly stating this as if, for example, the characters are drugged, raped, and have all their gear stolen.  It should be a 'fun' plot, not something that is frustrating or anger inducing.  So players need to be comfortable with that.

Drugs, Mind Control, and Magic
A character could experience effects intended to elicit 'unwilling' responses.  My intent is not to full on puppet a character, but aphrodisiacs and limited mind control could be included.  That means you may lose some degree of agency over your character and should be fine with that.

Other
Bondage will be included. 

Humiliation/Degradation will be included in some form or other.  Skimpy clothes, no clothes, rude names, and so on.

Risk of pregnancy (based on a die roll, maybe with some spells/drugs to prevent) will be included.  The birth will not.  The rest is open for discussion on if and how to include.

Body modification (ranging from piercings, to tattoos, to brands, to full on transformation) might be included depending on discussion.

Incest (as mentioned above) could be included, as could incest involving NPC characters if desired depending on discussion.

Torture could be included depending on discussion.

Most anything else could be included based on discussion.

The World

As mentioned the game will be set in Golarion, but with a misogynistic angle and a sex focus.  By which I mean a lot of people and creatures will try and take advantage of the characters to get into their pants. 

That said, a big part of the above is that the characters are adventurers.  They are away from home and the protection of friends/family, so are more likely to be in dangerous areas or taken advantage of.  They are probably well above average in terms of appearance.  They may or may not wear more revealing clothes.

My intent with any game is that the characters are, to at least some degree, special.  In non-smut games that usually means a bit of snowflake syndrome.  They're the non-evil Drow type, or the bookish Orc, or the survivor of a massacre, or most anything else that in some way makes them unique and unusual.  In a smut game obviously there is more of a sex angle involved.  They're unusually desirable and attract all the wrong kinds of attention.

House Rules

I will not be using individual initiative.  All characters will act, then all monsters (or vice versa) depending on the average initiative roll.  Players can choose when to act (generally just following posting order), or in the event of a conflict I will base it on individual initiative rolls.

I will not be tracking experience.  All characters will gain levels when plot appropriate.

I will be including risk of pregnancy as a 20 on a d0 roll (per partner).  All magic classes can use a 0 level contraceptive spell, also birth control herbs are commonly available for 1cp/day.

I will be requiring all rolls are made using the dicebot here, and all character sheets are stored on the website here. 

Plot

The characters will be recent arrivals to Absalom, preferably as a group.  They will be new to adventuring.

A wide field of shattered weapons, barrow mounds, and mass graves surrounds the city of Absalom, a vast plain known as the Cairnlands. Rising from the war-torn earth like the grasping arms of the dead are countless siege castles, towers, and fortresses constructed over the millennia by would-be warlords who tried to take the great city and inevitably failed.  Like forgotten monuments to failed conquerors, the siege castles of Absalom beckon the brave, the fearless, and the foolish with the promise of adventure and untold treasures, ever ready to create heroes or to entomb the fallen

You’ve heard rumors that one of the sealed siege castles has been laid open by a minor earthquake. Word on the street is that no one has yet entered the tower, which folks are calling the “Fallen Fortress.” What better way to start a life of excitement and adventure than by exploring its long-abandoned, dusty halls and perhaps claiming its ancient treasures?

Character Creation

Characters must be women.

25 point buy.

Paizo sources only.

1st level.

Max starting gold by class.

Background skills will be used: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/background-skills/

2 traits are allowed, or 3 traits and 1 drawback.  Campaign specific traits are not permitted.

I prefer characters are not jaded or overly experienced.  A flirty or innocent character who gets in over her head is fun to me, one who has spent her entire life as a sex slave is not.  That said, I am fine (or even in favour of) characters who are willing to use their body as a tool.  I just prefer they discover that mostly as we progress.

As mentioned above the characters should know each other, and ideally would be related. 

Applications

I will not be doing first come first served, and if this thread is unlocked I am still open to recruitment.  That said (if interest exceeds the 3 player max) I will have to reject some applicants.  I hate to do so (it's a huge source or stress/anxiety and the biggest thing I hate about online gaming), but I want a group that fits in purely subjective ways I can't always describe.  It isn't meant as a criticism of a character concept or anything else, and any interest is greatly appreciated.

If interested, please answer the questions below.  As stated I don't want a full character sheet at this time.

What sort of character do you want to play?  What class, personality, and similar?  Do you have a preferred race?  Are you okay compromising on some character details to make the group fit better together?  I don't want a background (beyond the most basic) at this point, but just a general idea of the character concept.

Is there any sort of plot you would like to include?  This could be character specific, smut specific, or most anything else. 

Are you fine with the list smut?  Is there anything you are flat not interested in?  Is there anything additional (or list) you would like to include?

Can you (most of the time) post at least once a week?

Do you have any questions, comments, or suggestions?

Annaamarth

Neat to see you again!

QuoteWhat sort of character do you want to play?  What class, personality, and similar?
I have a few ideas - Maybe too many   ^-^
• An Oracle with either the Aboleth, Haunted, Legalistic or Wrecker curse - A young Oracle associated with Abadar (Legalistic, and bound by her word), an Aboleth-cult (Aboleth curse and woo tentacles), or maybe even Iomedae, goddess of valor and honor, cursed by her tie to the LG goddess of Iomedae to suffer the depredations of demons or spirits (wrecker or haunted, and allowing for clothing malfunctions).
• A Witch with the Decadence Patron - A Witch who doesn't know or understand the force that gives her power and believes that it has given her power for a purpose. Turns out, that purpose is her own degradation and to add to the pleasure and sexuality of the world around her.

Both casters are relatively innocent and trying to make good changes in the world - possible because she doesn't understand that higher power (witch, aboleth oracle), or possible because she understands it and feels the need to strive to do so (Iomedae-oracle with a martyr complex, Abadar-oracle hoping to spread civilization and order ... and really struggling when she offers to help someone however they need and they say "well, I need an orgasm."

• A Monk (maybe wildcat archetype), because then losing gear hurts a little less, in case other people want to focus on caster things - then I could try n be a dodge-tanky type. No real personality thoughts here at the moment.

• A ditzy, high-charisma Swashbuckler who is fascinated by heroics and being a heroine ... and doesn't really understand what those mean, or what the consequences might be. Struggles more with losing gear than the Monk, but finding a dagger is always easy enough.

Edit: After doing some digging, I'd also be down for a fighter-type filling a role similar to the Warder below, probably with the Learned Duelist or Sensate and Mutation Warrior archetypes together - a duelist/swashbuckler type with a dash of drinking body-modifying mutagens!

I know you said "Paizo classes" but since Path of War is considered "Paizo Adjacent" and are on the d20pfsrd ...
• a Dervish Defender Warder, which would be a highish-int melee two-weapon fighter who uses Path of War martial maneuvers (melee spells, basically, which brings melee characters more in line with caster tiers), provides AC bonuses to allies and focusses on bodyguard things.  This is a character archetype that works really well with known other people, because then she can be the "big sis" protector of the people around her and it'd make sense for her to have the instincts to protect them - and also informs the mentality of the character.  She's a warrior, but she's here to protect her friends/sisters/whatever relationship we have, and be more intelligent (and more tactically-minded) than the ditzy swashbuckler.  Probably go dexbuild finesse things, especially if you'll allow a "daggers" equivalent to Starry Grace.  This is my favorite and most-preferred idea, but it does violate one of your predicates - no sadness on my end if you say "go with one of the other ideas, nerd."

QuoteDo you have a preferred race?
Human? Elf? Half-elf? I'm easy and flexible (no pun intended).

QuoteAre you okay compromising on some character details to make the group fit better together?

QuoteIs there any sort of plot you would like to include?  This could be character specific, smut specific, or most anything else.
Not at the moment, although more may come to mind.

QuoteAre you fine with the list smut?  Is there anything you are flat not interested in?  Is there anything additional (or list) you would like to include?

Re: Drugs, Mind Control and Magic - a Will save thing would feel appropriate to me ... with the caveat that you can always choose to fail such a roll.

Re: Pregnancy, I might need help with how to manage pregancy, just cuz I have never been pregnant.  Cuz male.  I have been on some gnarly steroids and experienced bloating and hormones all over the place though, so I might just shell out for birth control - or go for a caster who can do that.

Otherwise, WOO SMUT

QuoteCan you (most of the time) post at least once a week?
I believe so - you may recall my postrate from SR5, and I think I usually met your activity expectation.  It is easier for me to post one Weds and Thursday than normal weekend days, so I may be off-tempo from most folks.

QuoteDo you have any questions, comments, or suggestions?
<3 - my only comment!

Ons/Offs

My sins are pride, wrath and lust.

Mister Ugly

Hello PixelatedPixie! I would be interested in this. So let us get the question part done!

QuoteWhat sort of character do you want to play?  What class, personality, and similar?  Do you have a preferred race?  Are you okay compromising on some character details to make the group fit better together?  I don't want a background (beyond the most basic) at this point, but just a general idea of the character concept.
I tend toward a warpriest, unc rogue, a UNc Monk, a hunter or a magus or some combo [VMC Magus as example]. MY ladies tend to have strong personality that would resist [at first] all the naughty stuff their bodies seem to enjoy. My Pc would underneath her willful and strong exterior enjoy being taken and used and dominated but hates to admit it. She also tends to be quiet but alert and have high perception and dex. I also tend toward having her a bastard royal or noble of some sort [example half elf whose father is an elf king and she is not in line to inheirate and the king prefers she just stays away. Which would kinda make her an elf princess just not one that would set on the elf throne

Yes I am find with compromising my details and concept to some degree!

QuoteIs there any sort of plot you would like to include?  This could be character specific, smut specific, or most anything else.
I am open to most any plot or story. I do think it would be interesting to have a long term background plot with clues dropped that can tie the other 'adventures' together.

QuoteAre you fine with the list smut?  Is there anything you are flat not interested in?  Is there anything additional (or list) you would like to include?
Mind control tends to bother me when it is not expected. In this case since you are stating it is a possibly I would have to see how it works out.

Bondage:  ;D ;D Yes works for my PC
Humiliation/Degradation: Having My PC learn to be good with being naked in public [or skimpy clothed] is great; Called names or renamed something naughty [sexslave/sex toy] is fine as well, Forced to do things like dance naked in pubic or have sex in public is also well within what I enjoy for my PC.
Risk of pregnancy: I am not a fan of this since it would remove my PC from adventuring for months and maybe even forever. The quick anime stuff I could deal with I guess. I am open to seeing how it would work.
Body modification: Piercings work especially when linked with chains. Tattoos work as long as they are not everywhere. Brands if it is part of a story sure. Full body, No! I like staying with a concept and look...I am not into oversized breasts or futa [which is a complete turnoff for me].
Torture on a limited scale. Spanking and maybe whipping at most.
Other things: devices and traps that are sexual in nature [Left bond on a magic/steam driven thrusting device as an example].
Tentacles  :o ;D
Monster cocks
Most anything else can be discussed!

QuoteCan you (most of the time) post at least once a week?
No Problem with that!

QuoteDo you have any questions, comments, or suggestions?
Lots of each but one to start.
I was thinking about an aspect of my PC and 3 traits. Would you allow a non standard drawback -- Stretchy: Her body internal organs stretch or move so she can handle larger then human cocks orally, vaginal and anally!

Bad ends and unfairness are also fine with me... I do hope though that nice items can find their way back.

MU

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

pdragon

What sort of character do you want to play?  What class, personality, and similar?  Do you have a preferred race?  Are you okay compromising on some character details to make the group fit better together? 

I was thinking of doing an
oracle/sorcerer
with the god-meddled curse. Personality wise she'd always try to present as being mature and level headed, despite how in over their heads the group may actually be. If we went with the idea of the characters all being siblings then I could see her being the eldest sister, and as such she feels responsible for looking after the others. She'd be willing to make sacrifices and put herself in harms way if it meant protecting her sisters, something that could be easily used against her by men wanting to take advantage of them. While starting out inexperienced, as time went on I'd see her trying to adapt to the world by harnessing her sexuality and use it to her advantage, though I imagine many of her attempts to empower herself would often backfire, ending with her being "put back in her place".

As for race I was thinking changeling, which could also make for an interesting plot point if the group is meant to be related. 

and yes I'm alright with adjusting the character to better fit the party.

Is there any sort of plot you would like to include?  This could be character specific, smut specific, or most anything else.
For plot plot there could be various mysteries surrounding her origins, who her true parents are, why she's been cursed, etc. etc. For smut I think it'd be interesting to see her trying to assert her role as a protector and how that gets her into various situations: prostituting herself, offering herself up to villains when the other party members are in trouble, etc. Maybe she gets afflicted with other curses that have more sexual effects.

Are you fine with the list smut?  Is there anything you are flat not interested in?  Is there anything additional (or list) you would like to include?
More or less yeah. The only real concerns would be torture, at least for sexualized purposes, and body modifications depending on how extreme. Piercings and tattoos and other markings are good, but I tend to be iffy on full on transformations. One thing I do like as far as modifications go are womb tattoos (nsfw) and the various magical affects associated with them. If we did go into mind control stuff that's one of the ways I'd prefer to do it.

yep

What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Silim

Staking interest! Will respond more fully once I'm sober...

Miss Eleanora

Also will put in potential interest note here. More full reply coming in a bit. :D

Hexed

No clue how Annaamarth and Mister Ugly broke up the quote like that so gonna steal a page out of pdragon's book with bolds. I should probably learn how these forum codes work one day.  <.<  >.>

What sort of character do you want to play? What class, personality, and similar? Do you have a preferred race? Are you okay compromising on some character details to make the group fit better together?  I don't want a background (beyond the most basic) at this point, but just a general idea of the character concept.

Class wise been bouncing between offering a Winter Witch, a Hexcrafter Staff Magus, or a Scaled Fist Monk using Changeling as a race.

personality wise... probably going to go for a bit innocent and not quite realizing you shouldn't believe everything people say. (will be interesting to see if I can actually manage to tank her sense motive skill mechanically. :D  )  Add in a touch of energy and a willingness to jump into anything 'fun' or 'exciting'.

Quite willing to compromise for the group story.

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything to add, might drag in more as the character solidifies. Might be able to drag something in based on changeling ties to hags depending on where the muse drags.

For the most part everything on the list is quite fine. Humiliation isn't something I've dealt with much so the name calling and such may get me scratching my head for a bit. But bring on the skimpy stuff. :)

Body modification has me a touch leery about going overboard. But at the least with magic around there should be ways to undo the more excessive stuff once free.

Torture is an odd situation. To me it's not something that's erotic. So while I am fine that it happens, bad people are bad people for a reason after all, any character I run won't be enjoying having her fingernails torn off or being whipped. As a note spanking is one of the few 'torture' things that can be done for enjoyment but if it's gone far enough to draw blood it's passed the line from sexy to agony.

Pregnancy is something I'm not sure I could pull off properly as I've never been pregnant myself (male and single ya know) but if the dice come up I'd give it a try.

mind control, drugs, etc could be very fun so quite willing to give them a shot. And hey, none of my class ideas are super reliant on gear so the whole drugged, raped, robbed wouldn't hurt as much as a heavy armor fighter.

Will certainly give it a shot. But I've a bad habit of losing track of days as thanks to RL I've had periods where I seem to do nothing but work and sleep.

I need to dig into the Absalom area as I can't say I've played in it before but do you have a goal in mind for the game? Do you want us to stay a wandering band of adventuring lasses or do you have a thought of having us trying to claim an area and fighting back against the hostile world?

Servile Sliver

What sort of character do you want to play?

Hmm, well if we have a fiery, disobedient one and a calm, maternal one then my character will be cheerful, outgoing and curious sister. She'll stand in the game as an answer to that age old dramatic question: 'What would happen if Pollyanna was born into a hostile world where she was repeatedly defeated, molested, drugged, ravaged, humiliated, and raped?'

My character,
Lyrian
, would be the most optimistic and friendly of the sisters. Nimble, quick on her feet, boundlessly curious and wickedly mischievous, she'd be more at home in a heartwarming tale about a plucky heroine out for adventure. Unfortunately for and unbeknownst to her, she's in an entirely different kind of story. A story where defeat doesn't mean unlikely friendship, it means being chained on a auction block sans clothing and pride, offered up to the lusts of the highest bidder. But for her sisters, for her mother, and for the tiny glimpses of good that she sees wherever she goes she keeps on fighting the good fight, determined not to let the woes that befall her tarnish her optimism. Her journey would be the tale of that struggle. To see if that patina of goodness can be cracked by the degrading, rapacious fate that would befall her should she fail.

What class, personality, and similar?

Cheerful, friendly, playful and curious (at least at first), Lyrian's talents and my preferences as a gamer lend themselves to a more agile and nimble build. Class wise I'll be starting out as a Rouge with the intention of taking a couple of levels of Fighter and winding up as a Duelist.

Do you have a preferred race?

Maybe it's vanity, but I'm a bigger fan of the 'pretty' races. Elves, humans, half-elves, even halflings if the game is right. I suppose it would depend on which race the other sisters are interested in. I'll slate Lyrian to be a human for now, with the understanding that we'll be discussing this as we generate a shared backstory. But let's not be half orcs, dwarves, or gnomes. I wanna be delicate!

Are you okay compromising on some character details to make the group fit better together?

Yes. Mechanical details like race and class are far less important than a fun character concept and a good, dynamic group. Would Lyrian work better as a plucky and naive cleric just out of the monastery? Or a nature loving ranger? Sure. My preference is to head towards duelist because I've never tried it before and it looks fun, but I could make the character concept work with just about any setup mechanically.

Is there any sort of plot you would like to include?

A shared backstory as sisters could lead to some good character plots. Perhaps we learn there's a dark reason that each sister is a different half race, or that disappeared dad was doing something unseemly to mom and may have a lecherous eye on his daughters next. Smut wise I do love a good direct plotline. Lyrian loses, winds up chained in an orcish kennel, and is used to satisfy the depraved lusts of her new masters, etc. But because Lyrian is such an positive character a great study could be some subtler subversion of her optimism. Maybe a blackmail plotline where her mother or her sisters are threatened by a third party whose demands grow lewder and lewder with each encounter. How would her cheerful personality stand up to being subtly controlled with blackmail, aphrodesiacs, and magic, while being forced to actively participate in her own degradation?

I'm mostly interested in the smut. Everything on the list looks pretty good. Depending on the world building direction you'd like to take it could be pretty standard Golarion but everyone our heroines meet happens to be a rapacious bastard. But it could also be a smuttified version with nude slaves displayed in chains for auctions on street corners, women forced by law and custom to bow to the whims of any man who wants her, or forced to pay a steep tax just to keep her freedom.

I typically put up a post per day. Hmmm, if the posting rate will be one per week that could be pretty slow.

None at the moment, but I'm sure plenty will crop up when you make a selection and we put our heads together to brainstorm a shared backstory.

Chulanowa

Also gonna plant a flag of interest, to be perused in a bit  :D

PixelatedPixie

Thank you for your interest everyone!  Given the level of interest I will probably close recruitment in a couple of days at most.

I am not going to comment and specific characters at the moment but will try and answer a few questions.  If I missed any please let me know.

Body Modification would only be with player consent.  While I think there could be a fun story there
Random Rambling
For context I have long been craving playing a character who is transformed from a lean tough fighter into more of a bimbo-type.  And have thought about a very dark game with some focus on snuff and the reincarnation spell, though I imagine that would be a hard sell even here.
, it isn't something I would unilaterally impose on a PC.  So any body modification would be based on statements in advance (stating you are fine with tattoos/piercings/etc) or a discussion at the time as the scene.

Pregnancy is a tough one I understand.  The process (and result) would generally need to be discussed as we went.  I wouldn't want to remove a character as a result of it, but obviously there are a number of reasons it wouldn't fly.  If people would like I don't mind including two drawbacks.  Fertile: Your character becomes pregnant on a 19-20, or Infertile: Your character cannot become pregnant. 

Gear Theft isn't meant as a common theme, just a possibility.  I just mentioned it as I know that sort of thing can be frustrating, so I wanted to make sure in advance that people realize it is intended for (smutty or non-smutty) fun.  Characters would eventually recover gear or get new gear. 

Torture would again only be with player consent, and I am happy to keep it mostly light.  I am probably willing to go a bit rougher than most people, but even I am not interested in fingernails being removed or knifework or anything like that.  To some degree it might even just be the idea of 'pain' in a sexual context, whether through spanking, choking, magic, or other methods. 

QuoteRe: Drugs, Mind Control and Magic - a Will save thing would feel appropriate to me ... with the caveat that you can always choose to fail such a roll.

Drugs, mind control, and magic would more or less always (with maybe exceptions I can't think of) only take place after a saving throw of some kind, and would generally be kept as limited as possible.  So a failed fort save leading to overwhelming arousal, or a failed will save resulting in a command to strip that can't be disobeyed.  How they do it would be up to the player, but the condition/command might come up.  I am not opposed to people choosing to fail a save.

QuoteI was thinking about an aspect of my PC and 3 traits. Would you allow a non standard drawback -- Stretchy: Her body internal organs stretch or move so she can handle larger then human cocks orally, vaginal and anally!

I probably wouldn't allow it as a drawback.  But I am fine with it being a feature of the character or tacked on to some other trait or class feature.

QuoteI need to dig into the Absalom area as I can't say I've played in it before but do you have a goal in mind for the game? Do you want us to stay a wandering band of adventuring lasses or do you have a thought of having us trying to claim an area and fighting back against the hostile world?

I don't have a specific goal in mind.  The thought was to run through the adventure path (or at least some portion there-of) and see where things go from there. 

QuoteI typically put up a post per day. Hmmm, if the posting rate will be one per week that could be pretty slow.

While it could be faster than once a week, in general that is the minimum I aim for and is usually roughly what it turns out to be.  If that is too slow I understand.

Sepulchritude

Quote from: Annaamarth on April 10, 2021, 04:02:09 AM
if you'll allow a "daggers" equivalent to Starry Grace. 

This is a normal feature of unchained rogues.

Silim

Alright let's get some answers to the questions written!

What sort of character do you want to play?  What class, personality, and similar?  Do you have a preferred race?  Are you okay compromising on some character details to make the group fit better together?  I don't want a background (beyond the most basic) at this point, but just a general idea of the character concept.

I'd like to try something based around shapeshifting for combat - Feral Hunter, Druid, Shifter, one of those. Or perhaps Legendary Shifter, if 3rd party is on the table, since Paizo's normal Shifter is pretty terrible. Most likely human, cause somehow that's my least played race in Pathfinder. I'm very malleable beyond the idea of "turn into other things to kick something in the face", but I'm thinking someone rather positive in personality, with a good connection to nature.

I'd be down for some fey-themed shenanigans and other nature-themed shenanigans with the kinda concept I want to play for sure.

Seems all alright to me.

Usually I can manage that, yep!

Not for now, no.

Waldham

An idea to make the group fit better together
QuoteThe Gray Maidens were born of a heartless queen’s ambition. Queen Ileosa of Korvosa, on seizing full control of the Varisian city after her husband’s mysterious death, chose the region’s most beautiful and ferocious women to serve her enforcers. The jealous queen saw to it that each of her Maidens’ faces was marked with terrible scars as part of her initiation; Ileosa’s vanity would accept no rival.
In addition to their physical scarring, Gray Maiden recruits underwent intense psychological conditioning and indoctrination meant to ensure loyalty. This conditioning
was often backed by magical compulsion, and every Gray Maiden still struggles with the aftereffects to some extent.
When heroes defeated Queen Ileosa, the singular focus of the Gray Maidens was shattered, and the group splintered into numerous smaller factions. Many of
these were small mercenary groups consisting of only a few members. Faceless Kaid’s Band (which went on to provide thugs for hire in the cosmopolitan Varisian city
of Kaer Maga) and the Maidens of the Lady’s Light (which seeks to regain control of Korvosa by mastering ancient Thassilonian magic) are excellent examples of this. Yet the
bulk of the Gray Maidens have since associated into one of two significant groups with opposing goals: the Erinyes Company and the Scarlet Rose.

In contrast, the Scarlet Rose represents those who have utterly forsaken Queen Ileosa’s legacy and have turned their backs on the Gray Maidens’ traditions. Founded by Filarina Grantsliem and Sabina Merrin, this loose coalition works to rehabilitate those who were pressed into the queen’s service. The Scarlet Rose acts as a support network for these ex–Gray Maidens, helping them reenter society and resist the lingering effects of indoctrination, as well as providing a home base for those who have turned to adventuring or mercenary work. Helping Korvosa recover from its time under Ileosa’s rule is one of their main pursuits, and by supporting their sisters, they in turn gain the aid of a growing faction of highly trained, focused, and loyal guardians in a time of great need.

Alignment NG (Scarlet Rose)
Headquarters Korvosa (Varisia, Scarlet Rose)
Values the aid, rehabilitation, and protection of each other and allies (Scarlet Rose)
Goals oppose tyranny, recover from Ileosa’s evil (Scarlet Rose)
Allies Shelynites, Silver Ravens (Scarlet Rose)
Enemies rival Gray Maidens (Scarlet Rose)

For Absalom, the party can have as a goal to attempt the ascension or create a new good prestige class opposite to the evil sanguine angel prestige class.

Callie Del Noire

One of my favorite groups to play part of..a former grey maiden.

Annaamarth

Quote from: Sepulchritude on April 11, 2021, 01:17:43 PM
This is a normal feature of unchained rogues.

Not sure if I can turn an unchained rogue into a party tank the way I the Warder would be, but a decent thread for me to go down. I'll take a look, thanks! (In case I am tapped for play. I think Pix may have more interested parties than slots)
Ons/Offs

Silim

Playing former Grey Maiden could be really neat! I'd be down for adjusting my concept to fit that if I'm selected.

Annaamarth

Grey Maidens could be cool, but I'm not sure how well the theme - scarred women who've escaped an abusive enforcement organization - would mesh with
QuoteI prefer characters are not jaded or overly experienced.

The whole ... tortured, brainwashed and deprogrammed thing sorta goes against that spirit.  Unless I'm missing something?

Edit: which isn't to say it's not a neat background - just that it seems to run counter to GM preference. If Pix is down (and assuming I get greenlit to join), I could definitely work with either an ex-Maiden (might work well with my bodyguard concept) or a family relation of an ex-Maiden who is trying to be supportive.
Ons/Offs

Waldham

An other possibility is a coven.

For example,  a vellemancer witch can create a coven with the coven hex and a ritual. And so the other characters can have an other class without being a witch.

pdragon

Honestly I'd still suggest going with the sister idea. That's what I had in mind when writing up the character and the DM already listed it as a preference. I think having a group of sisters trying to go on an adventure is a strong enough connection already. I personally don't see the need to tack on anything else.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Servile Sliver

Sisters is a good idea, and I think witch coven is a good idea too. I'm not a super big fan of playing casters so if we go that route maybe I'll be an acolyte or other follower. :)

I'm gonna vote no on Grey Maiden just 'cause I mostly agree with Annaamarth, but if the GM's happy with it it could be fun to explore. It has a lot of potential for depth.

Chulanowa

It could be a "found family" sisterhood; This group of young women who were in an orphanage together or perhaps all employed by the same kindly old taverner couple, or something like that? That way it could be easy to have actual blood relations while at hte same time having more than just the one race?

Silim

If biological sisters is what is gone with, we still have all genie-kin races, Aasimars, Tieflings, and potentially the half-human races for half-sisters, which is a lot of options. The Racial Heritage feat can help with allowing some concepts that might otherwise be blocked by race choice in a pinch.

Annaamarth

I mean, biological wouldn't necessarily have to be the only relationship too - two sisters and their close friend or guardian. An elf who adopted two human sisters (or half-sisters, in the case of a human and a tiefling, or half orc, or genasii, or ...).

That could be a way to justify one character being much older (elf) than the others, and toy with mom, uh ... making sure her kids are prepared for adult life. These young races grow up so fast!

Edit: This parent/child relationship could also work as a blood relation with elves with half-elf children (or tiefling, half orc, aasimar step-kids) or half-elves with human daughters, things like that.  Just saying it's flexible!

Stepmother, what are you doing!?
Ons/Offs

Hexed

Plenty of ways to make kin and a good point about the various lifespans meaning sisters isn't the only way.

Does kinda make one want to see just how outlandish they could make things and still have blood ties. An elvish family known for flings and fertility could wind up with some drastically different bloodlines.

Annaamarth

Hell, a single human guy who slept around a bunch with, say, another human, an elf, an orc and an efreet could have a human, a half-elf, a half orc and a genasii - then the elf-wife might adopt them all when the idiot dad died of the severe burns he suffered, and there's still room for a full-elf half/step sister!  This is, of course, way more characters than I there is room for players, but a part of the adventure could be going out and finding all of the ... siblings ... that dear old Dad left behind.

Unrelated, I figured out a fighter build that could be a ton of fun, so I have a tanky build that allows stripperific leather armour and doesn't require allowing Path of War things. Whee research!
Ons/Offs