Hmm..Anyone that plays WoW, can you tell me how many discs are in each game?

Started by Wolfy, July 10, 2010, 04:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

I want to make sure I have them all so that I can re-install it onto my new computer once I get it.

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Wolfy

Ignaddio

Erm. Really, you only need the CD keys; you can download the updater client off the internets and it'll take car of the rest, iirc. The only reason you'd need the disks is if you wanted to install it without an internet connection. And if you don't have that, well, how are you going to play WoW?
Vidi, Vici, Veni*I sang, too.
 Like the Avatar? I drew it myself.

The Golden Touch

So far, each have had only one disc per game/expansion.  I just grabbed the battle chest and downloaded WotLK off the site.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Jeramiahh

Also, if you have all the expansions, you only need to use WotLK to install; it includes the core game, and all expansion files, up to patch 3.0.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

The Dark Raven

The original box had 4 CDs to install, but iirc, BC and WOTLK have 1 CD each (6 total), or you can download it directly from the Blizz store when you order it.  Personally, I preferred having the CDs so that I can clean install them when I get a new computer.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Cybrewaste

A good idea I've found is to put your World of Warcraft folder onto an External HDD (Or a backup - Either way) after every patch or just before formatting your computer(or getting a new one)

WoW doesn't use registry keys  - So it's highly transportable. Saves having to download it from the blizzard store or taking 3 days to install and then patch the game.

I say this because I'm in Australia and standard internet is 1.5mb (150 kb/s download speed) With highly restrictive download caps, downloading from the blizzard store or redownloading a lot of patches may not be viable.
Need a new RP? Swing by my RP request thread

Check out my Ons and Offs!

Haven't received a reply and you're not sure why? There may be a reason! [Updated - 30/6/15 AEST ]

Posts owed: [6/7]

Brumak

I have my wow folder on a 1 gig external hd to keep from installing it again. But to do a fresh install from disk you only need the wraith dvd and it installs everything up to and including wraith. Then you will only have to download all the updates.

Wolfy

Well..I could put it on the 8GB thumbdrive I have..O-o...

*shrugs* And...what do you mean I don't need the other discs as long as I have Wrath? O-o

Cybrewaste

Most likely not, My WoW folder, and the general consensu I get is that the WoW folder is about 15GB - depending on addons.

But other than that, yes - All you need is the wrath disks (Soon, probably just that cataclysm disks.)
Need a new RP? Swing by my RP request thread

Check out my Ons and Offs!

Haven't received a reply and you're not sure why? There may be a reason! [Updated - 30/6/15 AEST ]

Posts owed: [6/7]

Jeramiahh

Just what I said. The files included on the WotLK CD include all the needed information to install the game up to patch 3.0, which includes all of the data included in the original game and TBC.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Wolfy

Awesome..so I only have to worry about the Wrath Disc..Woot! o3o

And not even that, since I can also just download it from the Website..but the Disc would be faster. o3o