A small group to test "Maid" (contains maids and lesbicious activity)

Started by kongming, September 17, 2008, 03:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kongming

Well, I seem to be doing okay when there's just a small handful of games to look after now, and it's become quite clear to me that the big problem is the large groups. So, I'd like to run a small-group game, as a way of testing the "Maid" system.

Now, the "Maid" game assumes the entire game (at least, the majority, and the part that the rules cover) occurs inside a mansion - the mansion basically being defined as "the area where the master/mistress has authority". It points out that the following can count as a mansion:
*a castle
*a submarine
*a spaceship
*a temple/shrine
*a school
*a jungle fortress
*an underwater city thing
*a space cruiser/cathedral/battleship in the Grim and Dark future of the 41st millennium

So there is plenty of room to work out what kind of setting it is, but most of the game will indeed happen within the reasonably large confines of the "mansion". As GM, I will have a few tasks:
*Roleplay the Mistress (the lady who owns the place and can fire maids and bestow favour upon them)
*Arbitrate rules and shit
*Hand out Favour (it's like XP crossed with Action Points crossed with money crossed with "Run out of it and I fire your arse")
*Occasionally drive the story or make an event happen

Players would be, well, maids. Note that this is anime-style, so they're all young ladies, in cute uniforms, and could very well be robots or vampires or demons or whatever. Far from what a normal maid could be considered to be, these days.

As such, although "following the instructions of the Mistress" and "Keeping the place tidy" are indeed part of the job, the majority of it is really "dealing with events - damage control, finding out WHY there was a buffalo stampede in the middle of Tokyo etc." and "Pursuing my own goals: trying to seduce/assassinate/usurp the mistress, trying to seduce/show up another maid, whatever".

For all of the "Roll randomly to see what you get" parts of character creation, I'll let you just choose if you want, however there is one small thing: please do not choose "Is secretly a guy/hermaphrodite". I wish for this to be a 100% female, lesbicious game.

It might last just for a few events, as the game does look like it's designed for one-off games, or it could boil over into a complete campaign - however things work out, we can handle it then.

I can type rules up or simply provide a rapidshit to download them. The designers are even happy with them being shared around like this, in the hopes that people will hear about it, play it, then decide it's good enough to buy. If this works out and it turns out to be as fun as it looks, I fully intend to do just that.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Jefepato

Aw, you don't even want a butler?

Still, I saw this game yesterday and I'm morbidly curious how it works out in play.  I'll look through the rules again and see if I can come up with something.  (Don't hold your breath, though -- that's a big "if."  Character concepts have been eluding me lately.)

Bayushi

I'd love to play, Kongming.

I'm trying to get back into RP'ing here on E.... stupid old computer!  >:(

*hugs*

kylie

This sounds fun.  I should get more experience playing something light and useful...  And chasing buffalo.  Can't forget the buffalo, or whatever else comes along. 

If a daily or so late night (and occasional morning) EST post is enough for the pace?

Does our Mistress have any mansion preference?  I could go for most of those, I think.

Jeramiahh

Ooh, this is definitely tempting, since I was linked to the site a few days back. Definitely piqued my interest then, and there's nothing like a game KM is running. =P
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

kongming

Well in that case, perhaps I should put up the "Positions Filled" sign right now. After all, we know what happens when I try to take on too many people at once -.-;;

Besides, I roped MuffDiver in via PM *grin*

Jefe: Nah, no butlers. Girls only, as far as the eye can see! And you could always try randomly rolling to see what kind of oddball character concept comes up :p

Akiko: Glad to have you on the team then!

Kylie: Yeah, I'm not looking for a particularly fast post rate for this. Just "as it comes", I guess. As for preferences? Not yet. I might randomly pick one, unless anyone here has a favourite.

Jera: I'm glad I inspire such confidence.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

OldSchoolGamer

kongming

*evil glee* I used the random tables for the mansion. And we have...

World Setting: Space
Mansion's Mood: Romance and Action (slapstick)
Appearance: Extravagant Spaceship
Special Facilities:
-Tennis Court (in a dome, and with artificial wind generators for the short skirts)
-Secret Passages (everywhere)
-Religious Facility (there is a cathedral built on top)
Colour Scheme: Navy & Orange*

I welcome people to come up with names for it, or any little features they want. Note that, despite it being a spaceship with a cathedral built on the top, this isn't GrimDark.

*It probably looks hideous on the outside.

And here we have the mistress of the place:

Lt. Setsuya Ketsuban
Sex: Female
Favourite Maid Type: Pure
Eyes: Indigo
Hair: Gold

Athletics1
Affection2
Skill1
Cunning2
Will2
Luck0

Spirit: 20

Special Qualities:
-Lecherous
-Professional Criminal (Space pirate/communist military leader)

Stress Explosion:
-Complaining incessantly at everyone around her
(If ignored, this eventually turns into a tantrum)

Mental Complex:
-Unable to control her physical affection for pretty girls

Power Source:
-Military Might (the spaceship is a gunship, she has mecha and stuff)
-Assets (a lot of wealth and luxury facilities)

So, enjoy having Setsuya as a mistress :D

-In play, players are welcome to strive towards becoming the head maid, with all that entails, and can try to take that position from each other. I'm quite okay with that.

-If a character ever has to leave and another one comes in, it's no problem to say they were working away in the background and have been promoted to screen-time duties. Or have the new character suddenly return from a military mission in Nonesuchplace III. Or whatever.

-Players can also be apprentices if they so wish. Note that there are good and bad points to playing such. Obviously, an apprentice can't be promoted to head maid. An apprentice can, if it seems appropriate, be promoted to a regular maid, though, paying a small amount of favour and changing their stats and abilities to reflect this.

-You can roll on the tables or choose. I don't actually care. Even if it says you're a vampire robot catgirl (or you just want to be one). Go for it. For the actual stats, please roll (but assign them in any order). Remember, if, added up, they total 9 or less, you get two special abilities instead of one, or you can reroll them to try for a better set. I fully understand that it pays to not suck at too many things, and that it's good to be awesome at one thing.

-If you don't have the rules, talk to me and I'll see if I can find another rapidshit (it got taken down) or just type the charts and things up.

Ons/Offs:

kylie

Favorite maid type: Pure, she says...  Is there an ability for maids to regenerate that, or is that just an excuse for more punishment?  Hee.

Have been Googling around, but could you post or send a link to the rules?  I want to make sure it's the right set.

Bayushi

kongming

Okay... Hopefully either of these will work:
http://rapidshare.com/files/145510554/maid1.1.screen.pdf.html
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=i0o6dwpb

If not, then we'll do this the old fashioned way: I explain it all
(As for rolling, you can seriously use your own dice at home or whatever)

First, you should probably select a name and age.

Then, you have the 6 stats:

Athletics (for just about any physical tasks)
Affection (your ability to love others, how much others like you on first impressions)
Skill (ability to do tricky things or anything that requires training)
Cunning (dirty tactics, nasty plots, and also many things that fall into the "sexy" category)
Luck (it's... luck)
Will (willpower, ability to keep on going)

For each of these, roll 2d6, then divide by 3. Round down. This means you have something between 0 and 4.

Ons/Offs:

Bayushi

I rolled as follows, using the Wizards Dice Roller

Roll itself - Modified
10    -      3
7      -     2
9      -     3
7      -     2
9      -     3
12    -     4

Athletics:3
Affection:4
Skill:3
Cunning:3
Luck:2
Will:3

I just went to the links you provided. I'll look into them now, then start putting together my maid.

Since we're doing a futuristic, outer-space theme, are we sticking with humans-only, or can we go with alien/fantasy?

Thanks!

kylie

Hey kongming-sama, I'm sure there could be a way around this for the Mistress sort...  Just looking through those stats.  I have the impression Spirit is normally calculated as a multiple of Will? 

Of course, she is in charge, perhaps she's supposed to complain incessantly anyway too.  It may not make much difference, there? *glances over shoulder cautiously*

kylie

Do we need any of the optional tables under #5 etc. (weapons, trauma, what not)?

kongming

Whoops... I don't know how, but I put Will 0 and Luck 2. It's meant to be the other way round. I'll fix that in a moment.

Yeah, Spirit is equal to Will * 10, and starting Favour is equal to Affection * 2.

And if you want me to roll again for something more chaotic to happen when she has a Stress Explosion... *grin*

You won't need to worry about Trauma, but roll to see what weapon you tend to use.

Incidentally, some notes about the spacecraft:

1. It's huge. As big as a shopping centre, perhaps, so there are little hover-skimmer things that can be used for rapid transport.
2. It has gravity. Perhaps a scientist here can explain how it works.
3. There are hidden security cameras all over the place. With full colour, zoom features, slow-motion recording...
4. Sometimes aforementioned cameras are even on the floor. Or inside showers.
5. There is one really big bedroom for everyone who isn't the mistress. There is simply a huge row of luxury double-beds next to each other, so everyone is expected to share the same bedroom. The beds are *right* next to each other, so one could crawl from one end to the other.
6. Sometimes the mistress decides to join her crew there at night, to show solidarity. Or something.
7. The bathroom is huge, with many big showers, enormous tubs etc.
8. The place in general is very well-lit.
9. Despite many things seemingly being automated, food still needs to be cooked by people, floors swept, beds made, power sources changed and all that stuff.
10. There is, apparently, a punishment room. It happens to be right next to the mistress' bedroom. Rumour has it that it's well-equipped.

Ons/Offs:

kylie

This system looks like a riot :)  It's kind of addictive to roll up alternates in, too, lol.  I know we can choose a lot, but still an amusing way to explore.

How strict are the uniform standards?  *ponders that cheongsam special, ponders how exposed that "one-piece" category might be, hmms back and forth*

kongming

It's not too strict - you still take the penalties if you're missing parts of it, but you can spend Favour to buy alternate uniforms and the like. And alterations can be made, of course.

Ons/Offs:

kylie

The cheongsam and some others are listed under Special Qualities, actually... 

Can we elect to start with things that affect play like that, only if it's a die roll, or not at the start?

*picks up dice again, starting with 0 Affection = not so good, scratch that one*

kongming

Oh, that's right! I forgot that one, the alternate uniforms. Yes, they can simply be taken as special qualities if you like.

Ons/Offs:

kylie

Hmms, silks or cotton-lace...  Tortuous decisions already :)

How is the Mistress on that Loli category, not that one can find much younger than Herself in terms of age but out of curiosity?

kongming

Pure is merely her favourite - she has no qualms with any of the other groups.

Oh, and I forgot to answer this before: aliens, catgirls and the like are just fine.

Ons/Offs:

Transgirlenstein

Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

kylie

Okay, min-maxed wildly fished up both a decent color scheme and a string of stuff I thought will fit the plot (and not boring or pushover like the first couple sets). :)

Will fill in some flavor later, but stats for now.  Bolded curious rule-on-it please stuff.

Name -- Chikamomo ___________
(no, not exactly a real Japanese name, for the curious)
aka Chika, Chikamo, Chi-chan etc.

(maybe an apprentice, since sooo capable lol)

Athletics 3
Affection 3
Skill 1
Cunning 2
Luck 3
Will 2

Favor: 6

Type (included in stats above):  "boyish"  athletic; sexy

Colors
Uniform: purple and red frilly
Eyes: purple and vermilion
Hair: orange and purple

Qualities
Dark Past (former delinquent, hmm occult is one obvious link...)
Perversion (masochist, adding another since that doesn't add much)
Magic (devil summoner -- "have you ever danced with the wolf in the..." No, but I did with this devil, does that count?  Need some parameters on what these demons can do with, err, for me :)

Roots
Infiltrator (pick an enemy, Your Mistressness)
The flip choice was self-punishment, but masochist is already in there :)

Stress Explosion: teasing

Weapon: choice -- psychic power or else bokken (wooden sword)
Suggestions, help please:
1. talk the enemy into a such a dizzying tiff they can't function, or eventually collapse
(extension of teasing tendency, requires intelligent target)
2. general telekinesis
(manipulate things within 20 feet or toss around 20 lb. stuff perhaps, provided there is something useful to grab, etc.)
3. forget psy and go with the bokken instead

Power:
Passionate gaze
(take 1d6 stress for 1d3 Mistress' favor)

kongming

Okay, looks pretty good to me!

Demon-summoning: they can't really do that much, seeing as it's just a quality. You can use them to influence things in combat (succubi to help you persuade people, big fanged/tentacled demons to help in actual fights, etc.) using your regular stats, and can trigger events with them, I suppose. Nothing too fancy.

Infiltrator: the Jovian Republic of Europa have reason to believe that this vessel is loaded with several billion € (of course Europa uses the Euro). Your job is to blend in and investigate the ship, the mistress and the crew. Provide as detailed a report as you can. Don't get caught, and whatever you do, don't fall in love!

Weapon: I like the first option. A slight telepathic effect combined with teasing. DIVIDE BY ZERO, MIND CRUSH!

So I currently have two players with completed character sheets (Kylie and Akiko), one "maybe" (Jefepato), and I'm waiting on two others (Jeramiahh and MuffDiver). Trippingsatyr: Okay, you can join - that'll make 6 if everyone does indeed join. That's pretty much the upper-limit of what I'll accept for this game, so it's just fine. Go ahead and make a character.

Anyone run into any difficulties?

Ons/Offs:

Jeramiahh

So I handed character generation over to the dice, and here's the result:

Name: Kimarra

Athletics   0
Affection   2
Skill   2
Cunning   3
Luck   2
Will   2

Maid Types:
-Lolita (childish/sweet/innocent*)
-Heroine (earnest/brave/tries her best)

*Perceived innocence

Starting Favour: 4

Hair: Vermillion
Eyes: Blue
Uniform: Silver

Special Qualities:
-Nekomimi (catgirl)
-Delinquent (has a tattoo)

Stress Explosion: eating binge

Maid Origins: loyalty to the mistress

Weapon of Choice: Raygun

Special Maid Power:
Coercion (if you defeat someone in Cunning vs Athletics, you can "accidentally" rip their clothes off)
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.