Create-A-City [Light:Human]

Started by Moraline, December 29, 2013, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moraline

Quote from: Chrystal on December 31, 2013, 09:36:53 AM
I realise you weren't necessarily referring to that, but it was just a random thought that she would make an interesting character to play in this context. However, I should probably make a different character when we get to it.
My idea/hope is to have us all create a pool of NPC's that; can be played by anyone, and some that are only played by the creators of them like exclusive NPC's. Some will be more fleshed out that others depending on how much we want to fill in for them.

Then we use the characters to play out a scene or two and move onto playing with our other characters for new scenes.  Obviously some people may really like some of their characters more then others and therefore play them more often etc...  It'll keep things fresh all the time.

For example

If we take the celebrity character (Lia Tun) that you created. We'll add a heading to that that says:
"Created by Chrystal - Only playable by Chrystal"

Or something like that.

That way she will remain your character and can maybe turn into a more full time character for you as we play. Depending on if you find some fun RP with her that you enjoy. It will be up to you as her creator.

Angel Fire

Here is the re-written version.  The Admission part is courtesy of Xerial:

Zan'an gained Independence from the US/Aussie occupation in 1990 after a peaceful argument about what type of government the leaders decided to go with (that government question can be answered by someone else).

They have not yet gained admission to the UN on the basis of being blocked by several members of the Security Council. A dispute of their territorial claims by China, and positioning by the USA for a strategic alliance with Zan'an post-Independence has the UN Assembly locked down from formally accepting them as a member. Their independence in 1990 from a joint US/Australian occupation is recognized by the Assembly, however. It is a matter of acceptance to the UN itself that is in flux.
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Chrystal

I know we're only supposed to answer one question a day, but, I have this yen to create a constitutional monarchy, With the great grandchild (son or daughter) of the last king and queen who were executed by the Japanese after sending their son into exile in Australia. It would make a great "Princess Diaries" like plot, it the new monarch was a teenager and had no idea who (s)he was?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Moraline

Quote from: Angel Fire on December 31, 2013, 09:56:07 AM
Here is the re-written version.  The Admission part is courtesy of Xerial:

Zan'an gained Independence from the US/Aussie occupation in 1990 after a peaceful argument about what type of government the leaders decided to go with (that government question can be answered by someone else).

They have not yet gained admission to the UN on the basis of being blocked by several members of the Security Council. A dispute of their territorial claims by China, and positioning by the USA for a strategic alliance with Zan'an post-Independence has the UN Assembly locked down from formally accepting them as a member. Their independence in 1990 from a joint US/Australian occupation is recognized by the Assembly, however. It is a matter of acceptance to the UN itself that is in flux.
Updated! Thank you.

Quote from: Chrystal on December 31, 2013, 10:18:03 AM
I know we're only supposed to answer one question a day, but, I have this yen to create a constitutional monarchy, With the great grandchild (son or daughter) of the last king and queen who were executed by the Japanese after sending their son into exile in Australia. It would make a great "Princess Diaries" like plot, it the new monarch was a teenager and had no idea who (s)he was?

Go for it. I give you full permission to submit it. 

I'm looking to get these last few questions wrapped up so we can move into the next phase of development.

Angel Fire

Quote from: Chrystal on December 31, 2013, 10:18:03 AM

*Smiles* That was exactly the way that I was envisioning the government to be.  If our GM didn't allow you to already answer the question, I would have went the same way as you.
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.

Oldknight

The government  idea sounds good to me too.

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Chrystal

14: Government (democracy, communist, monarchy, hybrid?)

A Constitutional Monarchy.

The monarch to have the power of veto over any laws passed by the parliament, the parliament to be elected by the common people once every five years, with the monarch having a power of veto over the appointment of a prime minister. The Monarch's veto can, in turn, be overturned by referendum. In practice it is envisaged that the monarch's role will be largely ceremonial.

The first elections were held in 1992, after the interim government were satisfied that the correct mechanism was in place to ensure the elections were , and would be seen to be, "Free and fair".

There was some violence and some intimidation in outlying villages, but by and large the result was constitutional, and the parliament was formed.

However, the post of Regent was held by a cousin of the last known heir to the throne.

The Island was, until the Japanese invaded, an absolute monarchy, ruled by an hereditary dynasty. The last king, Zan'ang XIV, and his wife Cho Lu, were executed by the Japanese for refusing to bow to the Emperor of Japan. Their son Mi'Ting was smuggled out of the country and grew up in Australia, kept in ignorance of who he was in order to protect him, should Japan invade Australia.

Mi'Ting's cousin Jo'Nan survived the war on a paddy farm, his parents collaborating with the Japanese in order to survive. When the search began for the new Monarch, he was quickly discovered and offerd the crown, but being in his seventies with no offspring, he declined and said he would act as regent until the true heir could be found.

Moraline dear, I'm going to stop there, and  pose the following:

Name the three main political parties in the parliament (and only ONE of them can be either "Republican" or "Democrat" or have either or boh of those words in it's name). Which party is currently in power and who is Prime Minister?

The heir to the thrown has just been located in an Australian high school. who is it?

If you want, I will create the heir, but it's going to cause a constitutional crisis if I do, so it might be better if someone straight did so? *giggles*

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Ember Star

What if somebody bent made the heir!? LOL
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Chrystal

Depends what you mean by bent...

If you mean crocked, I don't think that limits it very much? *snigger*

If you mean gay... well, my point being that if I were to create the heir, I would play her as a lesbian, which would result in a problem because she would not have an heir herself, unless... Oh, hee hee... Well, she could adopt... And it would mean that gay marriage would be quickly made legal!

So.. okay. If no-one makes the heir by tomorrow evening, I will. Fair?

Ember Star

Oh no. Bent is bi. Gay is sideways. LOL.

Oldknight

I was thinking of making up this character was waiting for the government to be accepted before I did

Angel Fire

The Government is now accepted so by all means, hon *Smiles*

Moraline

Okay we need just a few more questions answered before we can continue:

3.   How large is the population?
7.   Health & Medicine Access?
12. Law Enforcement/Military? (are they the same, is it a local militia, high tech, low tech, ...brief description pls)
13. Tourism (is there a lot of it, why do people come to the city?)

* If I missed a definitive answer to one of those then please quote it here for me. Thanks.

We'll hold off on answering these couple new ones until those other 4 get answered.
Name the three main political parties in the parliament (and only ONE of them can be either "Republican" or "Democrat" or have either or boh of those words in it's name). Which party is currently in power and who is Prime Minister?

The heir to the throne has just been located in an Australian high school. Who is it?

What is the name of the American Naval Air Station on the island? (How big is the Naval Air Station?)

Chrystal

Did I say "thrown"? Sheesh

The throne was thrown, The heir threw it through the air!

Oldknight

Name: Jin Xi Qin
Personality: A nerd, very much a nerd who grew up with a great love of learning and pushed to do well in school, his focus was on academics alone. He has thus turned into a very focused man but never very popular due to his red status. Still he is pretty average in most ways for a young man, nervous about his future, unsure what it will be. He is though a good hearted young man who has no clue of his origins.
Connection to the royal family, his great grandfather was the the one who escaped to Australia, the knowledges of this was never know and even his origins was unknown by his parents.
Appearance:  http://kuantanmodels.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/yl6m08241.jpg

Population for city 4,756,150

Angel Fire

12. Law Enforcement/Military? (are they the same, is it a local militia, high tech, low tech, ...brief description pls)

In the city proper, there is a police force of around 5000 Police officers.  Their methods and technology rank among the one of the best and is modeled by a combination of American and Australian ways of naming.  The list of police officer ranks are as follows:

Officer, Inspector, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, Commissioner

The military is a small army and coast guard that has technology that is a little outdated (think 2006 technology) but brave people that fight with a lot of heart and patriotism for their small island nation.  The army has around 2500 soldiers and 500 Coast Guard members.  They can barely keep the pirates and smugglers at bay but they try with all of their might.

Their rankings are modeled from the US ranks of Military.

The Air Force is handled by the US Navy as there is an American Naval Air station stationed on the south end of the island.

I may offer a couple of more questions here if I may:

What is the name of the American Naval Air Station?
How big is the Naval Air Station?

Moraline

*updated*

Okay we need just a few more questions answered before we can continue:

3.   How large is the population?
7.  Health & Medicine Access?
13. Tourism (is there a lot of it, why do people come to the city?)

We'll hold off on answering these couple new ones until those other 2 get answered.

The heir to the throne has just been located in an Australian high school. Who is it?

What is the name of the American Naval Air Station on the island? (How big is the Naval Air Station?)

Angel Fire

I made a small update to the number of Police Officers after I found out how big the city is.

Chrystal

Right.

7.   Health & Medicine Access?

There are at present only private medical facilities available, with charitable donations supporting free medical care to the poorest and those outside the city. There is a single big hospital in the city, and a number of free clinics supported by the International Red Cross, Médecin Sans Frontière, and other charities, as well as some being supported and sponsored by local businesses.

A motion has been placed before parliament to nationalise these free clinics, paying for them using a variation of the Australian health care system. A 1.5% levy on people on middle income and over and 2.5% on people with high incomes with no private insurance.

Oldknight

I will hit the last one

Tourism: Yes there is a lot of it.

People come for a number of reasons. First they Come for e beachfront resorts which are focused on a single strip along the beech. Secondly, they come cot the physical recreation, surfing the waves, sport fishing, and mountain climbing on the largest of the islands mountains.people come due to shop with the cities free trade status enabling goods to be cheaper there than ore nearby places. The cultural center of the city is the old palace of the monarchs which was built 1000 years before and it's numerous tropical gardens, as well as the historical old town, which dates back before the Japanese invasion and Xi'Qin Square which is a large square at the center of the area with a statue of the almost mythical founder of the city. People also come to visit the cultural area like the performing arts center, the local tropical aquarium, the tropical areas for bird watching as well,and the large variety of food found in the different sections of the town.

Moraline

*Updated*

Phase 1 Completed: Creating the basic city and nation of Zan'an (Click Me)

Now our next step is to flesh out a couple of questions and create a few NPC's.
-  We can start by laying out what we've created for plot points so far (ex: the monarchy's missing heir).  What have we got so far for plot points?
-  Who do we need to create as NPC's for those plots? (no need to go too indepth, we don't know if these plots will be even played out or not. We just want to add them for flavor.)

Previously asked questions that might aid in our journey:
QuoteName the three main political parties in the parliament (and only ONE of them can be either "Republican" or "Democrat" or have either or boh of those words in it's name). Which party is currently in power and who is Prime Minister?

Oldknight

I put up the heir info a few posts up *points up*  :-)

Chrystal

How about this for a plot: The tennis star returns home in a rush because one of her parents is in hospital, and falls in love with a nurse at the hospital.

Would require someone else to play the nurse...

We could also use a NPC for the PM, and the great uncle Regent.

Angel Fire

I certainly would not mind playing the nurse if you like. 

I am thinking of rehashing a very old character that I tried to write a novel with over 5 years ago... but never had the inspiration to finish.