Slow Elliquiy.

Started by Saerrael, October 18, 2011, 08:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saerrael

Yes, I know, another one of these. Sorry :s

Elliquiy loads quite slow for me and sometimes even times out.
I'm running Firefox, but tried Chrome, too, and it's the same deal. I could try Explorer, of course, but at the moment it looks like I can post.
I've just cleaned my cache (and everything else, while I was at it!) and I'm trying to determine if it could be my connection, the hamsters of Elliquiy not being fed enough or a Voodoo curse.
If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to hear if it's Elli itself and/ or if others are experiencing something simular. Preferably in the EU.

Thank you in advance!

Beguile's Mistress

I'm not having that issue now but I was yesterday exactly as you described.  Then it went away.  And no, it wasn't Comcast. :P

Saerrael

It seems to be smooth sailin' again, here. But it was quite odd. Elli acted if it was offline, but sites to check if a site is down or not declared Elli to be 'up'.

Sorry, I have no clue what Comcast is.

Vekseid

If it's intermittent, its usually some line between your provider and E's host.

Saerrael

It's fine now again. Not certain where the closest host of E is, so I'm not certain if this would be the case, but it's plausible. USA sites in certain areas seem to be wobbly at certain times. Perhaps I should index which sites, because I can't recall which asides of E were.

Saerrael

Update;

Seems my IP is having problems.
Asides that, I seem to be needing a new router.
Any suggestions?

I might also look into a new IP. I have this beast of a PC and a crummy router and IP. >.>

Vekseid

It's been a long time since I've had to buy one. Linksys is apparently a bit better these days.

If someone's doing filesharing on your network, all you need to do to change your IP in most cases is change the mac address on your router.

Saerrael

No, I mean the hardware isn't all too grand. ...asides that, I have no idea what you just said ^^;