News:

Main Menu

Kingdom Hearts 3

Started by Obsidian Isolabella, January 04, 2015, 02:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obsidian Isolabella

So far I haven't heard anything about drive forms, has anyone else? I also loved those forms and the rewards leveling them to the max reaped ^_^. Even if it was a bit of a pain to do so. xD lol

CaptainNexus616

I'll never forget when I first got the Final Form. It was...the boss battle against Xigbar the one with the guns I think. I was trying to go Master Form when I got that instead and frankly I thought it was even more awesome lol.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Obsidian Isolabella

This is so bad, but I don't remember the first time I got the final form. I can easily say I've played KH2 probably at least 60+ times since I was 16. XD I know that game inside and out at this point and it's probably sickening. I've even gotten to the point where I can go out of order with the worlds and get to the World that Never Was 10-20 levels before I should be there. XD

Marx

For anyone who has not seen it yet, her is a better view of the new keyblade design. It has some Oathkeeper flair to it and shows what type of transformation properties it has (which appears to be a gun and rings of sorts)
New look

You can find the article about it here: http://www.vgstations.com/en/news/item/2841-this-is-the-new-keyblade-players-will-have-in-kingdom-hearts-3.html

So, what are your guys thoughts about the appearance? Does anyone suspect that all the keyblade will have some ability to change form or have a different ability entirely? I would hope so as that would defitnilly keep me interested. I wonder if Donald and Goofys weapons will have similar properties (Like instead of a wand for Donald, it would change into a large staff or Goofy's shield turning into knight-themed armor or duel shields and so on.)
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

Holy cow!!! That looks incredibly awesome! Now I seriously cannot wait to play with that keyblade and the weapons designs for the guns. :D That's so awesome!

Zekromnomnom

I haven't done near as much research as any of you about this, but couldn't the Marvel thing they're mentioning be Big Hero 6? It's an adaptation of a Marvel series.

Obsidian Isolabella

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on January 20, 2015, 08:06:13 AM
I haven't done near as much research as any of you about this, but couldn't the Marvel thing they're mentioning be Big Hero 6? It's an adaptation of a Marvel series.

So far nothing's been like one hundred percent confirmed that I know of. Here's a fan made picture of what some fans are hoping for. And again, not from the actual Kingdom Hearts 3 game - just fan made.

Sora & Wolverine?

I'd prefer Big Hero 6 than any other of the Marvel worlds just because I don't really think that many of the Marvel worlds will fit right. Some of them might, but just like with the possibility of any Star Wars (though once again this has been said by Nomura that Star Wars won't be in the next game but they have confirmed they are working on a Marvel world being put in) it would involve a lot of carefully planning because all three of these franchises are pretty loved. Kingdom Hearts in its own way, Marvel is a pretty damn big one too, and of course Star Wars, so its a lot that could be messed up.

Zekromnomnom

Sorry to double post, but I think I figured it out.

Sora is going to hear about some world with people with incredible creation powers that can help in the fight against the thirteen darknesses or whatever. So he's going to search and see if he can find them if their world still exists. In his search, he'll hear about how the people on this world grew complacent with their power and decided they wanted to stop doing things for themselves so they set out to make servants to do everything for them. But after they've made these servants, the heartless came and took their hearts, but the servants had no hearts so the heartless left after that. So when Sora and co. arrive, they find a place where the servants, without instruction from their masters, just kept on building and building without any direction. Eventually the servants developed their own sentience and what was mindless building turned more unique and artful, but everything was still sort of blocky and artificial without the direction and imagination of the creators.

And along with their sentience and individuality, the servants came to have hearts of their own and that once more drew the attention of the heartless. And of course, the servants wouldn't want to call themselves servants forever, so the name they came up with for themselves....

was Legos.   ;D

Obsidian Isolabella

LOL! I busted out in giggle fits at that one Zekro. xD Can you imagine a little lego Sora? It'd be ridiculously cute and so amusing! Unfortunately though I don't think Lego will take a part in the 3 lol.

Although I just read something about the possible release year of the game? It looks like the voice of Goofy, Bill Farmer, has confirmed that they've been told KH3 will be released in 2015. With Amazon.com having it available to be purchased by December of 2015 it could be this possible, but I'm thinking that maybe it won't be until early 2016? But for some reason Bill Farmer says that he has finished voice recording for Goofy for the KH3 game and that he has been told it will be released in 2015.

I know there is to be more info released this year on the game itself, so here's to hoping that Bill isn't wrong!!

Zekromnomnom

But just think about it. They could have all kinds of zany antics. Like the guy from the Lego Movie, voiced by Chris Pratt, could talk to Lego Starlord, voiced by Chris Pratt. Instead of the Millenium Falcon, Iron Man could show up to get the TIE fighters off Luke's back so he could blow up the Death Star. Sora and Han could be flying a Gummi ship to draw the attention of the Death Star's fighters while the Avengers sneak the Hulk on board to just...you know, destroy like...all of it.

Plus then a few years later, they could make Lego Kingdom Hearts. Where you can go to the Lego world again, as a Lego. It would be so meta.

Mathim

I just threw up in my mouth a little when I saw that pic of Wolverine being one of Sora's companions. That is just wrong on so many levels...

But I also hope that what if anything they have planned for inserting Marvel into the next game is only Big Hero 6. That would be the most reasonable, almost naturally self-contained environment with characters that seem kid-friendly enough not to alienate older players too. Plus landing the Gummi Ship in a place called San Franksokyo would be awesome.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Obsidian Isolabella

Quote from: Mathim on January 20, 2015, 08:50:22 PM
I just threw up in my mouth a little when I saw that pic of Wolverine being one of Sora's companions. That is just wrong on so many levels...

But I also hope that what if anything they have planned for inserting Marvel into the next game is only Big Hero 6. That would be the most reasonable, almost naturally self-contained environment with characters that seem kid-friendly enough not to alienate older players too. Plus landing the Gummi Ship in a place called San Franksokyo would be awesome.

I'm here with you 100% Mathim. Even though the artwork was awesome I just... just can't at all imagine it being good. I also recently read something else and let me find the link, but apparently the team working on it said that "everything is a possibility" or they are working with "no restrictions" so I guess that means they ARE trying to work in Marvel and Star Wars. :/ I wish that they would ask the fans of the game series and find out what we think because even though both of those franchises are awesome in their own rights... Combining everything like some magical one-pot wonder isn't the answer either. It's like trying to create a masterpiece painting by throwing all the colors of the rainbow together and saying that a brown poop looking canvas is a masterpiece because of its color use. I know I know - last one was a bit extreme xD

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on January 20, 2015, 09:14:53 AM
But just think about it. They could have all kinds of zany antics. Like the guy from the Lego Movie, voiced by Chris Pratt, could talk to Lego Starlord, voiced by Chris Pratt. Instead of the Millenium Falcon, Iron Man could show up to get the TIE fighters off Luke's back so he could blow up the Death Star. Sora and Han could be flying a Gummi ship to draw the attention of the Death Star's fighters while the Avengers sneak the Hulk on board to just...you know, destroy like...all of it.

Plus then a few years later, they could make Lego Kingdom Hearts. Where you can go to the Lego world again, as a Lego. It would be so meta.

BUT, remember, Zekro that this isn't the end of KH period. This is just the final game for this storyline with Xenohart. That's one thing I wish that the creators would keep in mind. If they have the ability to create more games in the series with our favorite protagonist hero; Sora. Then take the time and do things right or slowly progress into certain things like Star Wars or Marvel. Don't just throw it in and hope it flies. Sorry I know I rant about this. XD I'm obsessedd!!!

On those links, I'm working on some more links like fan based keyblade art that is just epic-ness! And working on links for articles I've found about rumors for everyone who hasn't done as much research as this obsessed woman. xD

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on January 20, 2015, 08:35:51 AM
Sorry to double post, but I think I figured it out.

Sora is going to hear about some world with people with incredible creation powers that can help in the fight against the thirteen darknesses or whatever. So he's going to search and see if he can find them if their world still exists. In his search, he'll hear about how the people on this world grew complacent with their power and decided they wanted to stop doing things for themselves so they set out to make servants to do everything for them. But after they've made these servants, the heartless came and took their hearts, but the servants had no hearts so the heartless left after that. So when Sora and co. arrive, they find a place where the servants, without instruction from their masters, just kept on building and building without any direction. Eventually the servants developed their own sentience and what was mindless building turned more unique and artful, but everything was still sort of blocky and artificial without the direction and imagination of the creators.

You sir have just made my day!
And along with their sentience and individuality, the servants came to have hearts of their own and that once more drew the attention of the heartless. And of course, the servants wouldn't want to call themselves servants forever, so the name they came up with for themselves....

was Legos.   ;D

My sides are in unending pain from the laughter.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Obsidian Isolabella

Okay everyone, here are some awesome Keyblade designs that are fan made!

Fanmade Keyblade Designs

*I think this one is from My Little Pony - so the idea is kind of silly in my opinion of it actually being in the new game but the design is pretty sweet!

Mathim

Quote from: Raven's Seduction on January 20, 2015, 09:06:42 PM
I'm here with you 100% Mathim. Even though the artwork was awesome I just... just can't at all imagine it being good. I also recently read something else and let me find the link, but apparently the team working on it said that "everything is a possibility" or they are working with "no restrictions" so I guess that means they ARE trying to work in Marvel and Star Wars. :/ I wish that they would ask the fans of the game series and find out what we think because even though both of those franchises are awesome in their own rights... Combining everything like some magical one-pot wonder isn't the answer either. It's like trying to create a masterpiece painting by throwing all the colors of the rainbow together and saying that a brown poop looking canvas is a masterpiece because of its color use. I know I know - last one was a bit extreme xD

BUT, remember, Zekro that this isn't the end of KH period. This is just the final game for this storyline with Xenohart. That's one thing I wish that the creators would keep in mind. If they have the ability to create more games in the series with our favorite protagonist hero; Sora. Then take the time and do things right or slowly progress into certain things like Star Wars or Marvel. Don't just throw it in and hope it flies. Sorry I know I rant about this. XD I'm obsessedd!!!

On those links, I'm working on some more links like fan based keyblade art that is just epic-ness! And working on links for articles I've found about rumors for everyone who hasn't done as much research as this obsessed woman. xD

Thank you, I thought what I had said might have been a tad too colorful for this conversation but glad to hear some validation. Honestly, don't they have Disney Infiniti for all this Marvel Heroes crap? They have to muck up Kingdom Hearts too now just because Disney now owns it? It's such a break from tradition, they have so much in their vault already, it's a crying shame to slap together all this other stuff that doesn't fit at all just because it's popular. As if that would help sales at all, people are going to buy the game because they like Squeenix and they like Disney. Capitalizing on individual Marvel games would be much more effective. All they see is green and it's blinding them to what makes sense.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Obsidian Isolabella

I don't think it was too colorful at all. It's how I think most KH fans probably feel. Just because Disney now owns those two franchises doesn't mean that adding them to games like KH or whatnot is going to make it more enjoyable to other people. They kind of have a big duty to the fans of the game series KH alone to make this final game like amazing and I think if they mess this up? Any kind of future for the game series is going to significantly drop, unfortunately. Disney has so much in it before this take over of Star Wars and Marvel. They already have plenty of their own games.. I don't think that they need more or additional scenes in games like KH. It really won't open up a bigger market of fan base because Star Wars fans won't want to play this game just because of a small part of the game with Star Wars in it or the same with Marvel. If anything it might upset those fans as well as the fans of KH who I feel like have been so very patient with this last game development. Its been.... I think other than DDD it's been 10 years since we've had a game that actually goes forward in the current timeline. Yeah there are A LOT of side games to explain certain stuff, but other than DDD it's been that long since they've had the last "main" game come out.

Mathim

To me, it's just that Marvel and Star Wars are...well, they're too huge to cram into a single game world environment, you know? Not like the movies Disney makes on its own where they're really self-contained and easy to imagine being something relatively easy to explore in their entirety and not be overwhelming.

Marx

Well, here is hoping it doesn't moderately decent if and when they add Star Wars and Marvel universe. They already went down that road with Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron: Legacy.

In my opinion, Star Wars makes a little more sense honestly as it won't have to revolve around every little detail of it. Though Marvel is such a generic term to describe how expansive their characters and worlds are, it is difficult to even begin to think where they are going with this.
O/O

Mathim

Quote from: Marx on January 21, 2015, 12:27:46 AM
Well, here is hoping it doesn't moderately decent if and when they add Star Wars and Marvel universe. They already went down that road with Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron: Legacy.

In my opinion, Star Wars makes a little more sense honestly as it won't have to revolve around every little detail of it. Though Marvel is such a generic term to describe how expansive their characters and worlds are, it is difficult to even begin to think where they are going with this.

I disagree about Star Wars, not least of all because it's 6 movies and counting. It's a huge, multi-planet universe so that makes it difficult to pin down locations, not to mention a host of characters from different eras. Marvel is, obviously, ten times worse than this but they're both just completely wrong for KH. I mean, how would you honestly decide which locations and which characters to restrict Sora's interactions with so it doesn't eat up the bulk of game time? It's just not feasible.

Oniya

Technically, you could have said the same thing about the Final Fantasy additions - lots of canon to draw from and each 'episode' taking place on a different world. 

I think Marvel has a good 'set piece' with the recent Avengers movies, along with a villain that is both well-recognized and easily allied with mass destruction (Ragnarok, anyone?) or world domination - whichever schtick seems more in line with the game's storyline.  A generic city-scape would do for depicting 'Marvel Earth', although having two locations on the world wouldn't be unreasonable either.  Star Wars could easily be incorporated as a replacement for the inter-world travel instead of its own separate world, maybe with a possible flight-based minigame. (How many parsecs does it take you to do the Kessel Run?   *ducks* )
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Obsidian Isolabella

Quote from: Mathim on January 21, 2015, 08:04:51 AM
I disagree about Star Wars, not least of all because it's 6 movies and counting. It's a huge, multi-planet universe so that makes it difficult to pin down locations, not to mention a host of characters from different eras. Marvel is, obviously, ten times worse than this but they're both just completely wrong for KH. I mean, how would you honestly decide which locations and which characters to restrict Sora's interactions with so it doesn't eat up the bulk of game time? It's just not feasible.

I have to say that I agree with this. At least with Final Fantasy characters they've already proven a great deal of success with working them in without just mashing things together horribly. Pirates of the Carribean, while it worked, it was a bit of a stretch. And Tron's world worked in the 2nd game, but in DDD? *Shudders* Just friggin leave it out already.

I could almost see Oniya's about Star Wars since there IS the gummi ships, but there would have to be some kind of explanation for the new enemies that we would face. With all games it's been heartless, or nobodies, or unversed that you come face to face with while on the gummi ship. Throwing in some elements of Star Wars might work somewhere down the line, but I really just don't think it has a good place in this game. And the same with Marvel. There is SO much history and too many characters to work in. Even with Final Fantasy characters they've limited who they've brought in and from what games. They haven't just taken a whole bunch of characters from each game in that franchise they've slowly worked in characters. And most of them, with the exception of the 2nd game, have had to do with FF7. So as far as FF characters go they haven't just taken a whole universe of games and tossed in a bunch of new characters as they would be by even trying to fit in Marvel for one. Maybe somewhere down the line with a new storyline they can find a good way to work in Star Wars and Marvel, but just throwing them in with the end of this particular arc? That's why its not a really good idea in my opinion for this game. There's no real tangible history that would make the fans go "Ohhhhhhh, so that's why!" and feel like the reason was justified correctly for those worlds.

Once again, that's just me as a long time fan of the game. I think that without game just throwing new things in because they might be cool or awesome to just be in the game isn't a reason to actually do it. Especially with such a loyal fan base like this series has.

How would Final Fantasy fans feel about suddenly seeing Donald or Goofy in the game? It would be... weird and probably not feel right. Hopefully that makes my point a little better since I went another rant. ^_^ ;;;;;

Oniya

I was sort of thinking that the 'darkness' theme of the KH baddies would link up rather well with the Sith.  There's the theme of trying to control the darkness and then getting corrupted by it that parallels nicely through both stories. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Obsidian Isolabella

Quote from: Oniya on January 21, 2015, 12:20:04 PM
I was sort of thinking that the 'darkness' theme of the KH baddies would link up rather well with the Sith.  There's the theme of trying to control the darkness and then getting corrupted by it that parallels nicely through both stories.

In a general sense, yeah it does. There are just little differences which make it not quite a good idea in my opinion. Especially not just being thrown into the last game randomly.

Zekromnomnom

Kind of a moot point for me, since I'm sure it's going to be on some system I don't have.

Back to something someone brought up earlier, Final Fantasy characters I would like to see. I think ones other than Setzer from FF VI, and like Palom and Porom from V would be cool.

Obsidian Isolabella

Zek, I know that feeling too. It's going to be on PS4 and I do not have that system. Kind of sucks, but we can still be excited about it :P

I've actually never played Final Fantasy VI or V. >_>; I've only played FFX, FFX-II, FFXIII, FFXIII-2, and FFXIII; Lightning Returns (Talk about suckage on that one though. Total disappointment :/)