Yugioh: Dawn of Darkness (Slow; Story-Focused; Dark; 5Ds Era; Seeking 2 Players)

Started by King Serperior, October 19, 2015, 05:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman4560

Right, now I don't know much about duel runners (Yet) It seems like there are various types that effect the way the game is played. Is that correct or am I looking into something that isn't really there?

King Serperior

The basics is that Duel Runners come in many shapes and sizes, but generally follow a basic set of Turbo Duel rules.  There are underground, illegal Turbo Duels where most restrictions are removed and it becomes a dangerous battle in this universe, but we'll worry about that later.  All you really need to know is located here, in the wiki.  Ignore any and all references and information regarding Turbo Duels and Duel Runners from the Yugioh Arc V series since we will not be going that far.  However, you can use an image of a Duel Runner from that series if one stands out to you.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Batman4560

So it looks like the biggest thing about them is the speed world card effects being used. And they limit the kinds of spells you can use? To only speed spells?

King Serperior

Quote from: Batman4560 on December 29, 2015, 12:06:10 AM
So it looks like the biggest thing about them is the speed world card effects being used. And they limit the kinds of spells you can use? To only speed spells?
Correct.  This game will focus on the more modern Speed World 2.  As for Speed Spells, pretty much all spells have, by this time, been converted into Speed Spells.  Field Spells are classed as such, but they will be continuous spells and will not overwrite Speed World 2.  So, you could activate A Legendary Ocean and apply it's field effects while Speed World 2 is still active.  If a spell is not already a Speed Spell, we can discuss the spell's Speed Counter cost to activate.  All Field Spells will cost 5 to activate, however.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Batman4560

Oh I see, so spell cards have "In game" already been converted to speed spell cards.

King Serperior

That is correct.  Depending on that spell's strength will determine their costs.  To make things easier, there won't be Turbo Duels only.  There will be regular duels as well.  But, Dueling won't be the number one focus since I do want story to happen to provide character development.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Batman4560

Right. Ok so is there any world info I should know before I make my character?

King Serperior

What you roughly need to know comes from the opening two paragraphs for this game:

Quote from: First two introductory paragraphs of the story
The World Racing Grand Prix, a prestigious and amazing tournament from five years past, it was considered to be the best there ever was.  After Team 5Ds defeated Team New World, the world seemed to be at peace for the first time in years.  Later the Pegasus J. Crawford Memorial Foundation made a decision to reinstate it every five years.  After its announcement, teams from all over the world started forming, every country sending in three of their best teams in order to gain the title as the best of the best.  This was a time of celebration, a time to show the world who was the best of the best.  Over the next year, teams from Japan were formed, each ready to enter the preliminaries in order to find out who was ready to represent Japan and New Domino City.

Over one hundred teams entered initially, but after a lengthy written exam, only forty were able to pass.  Those forty teams were then subject to an intense inspection of their Duel Runners to make sure they were well-kept and within regulation.  All special features that happened to be on a Runner were also examined to make sure that they wouldn't give an unfair advantage to someone or possibly cause harm to anyone.  After three days of checking every Runner and making sure the duelists had updated licenses as well as making sure that Speed World 2 was installed, only eight teams were deemed ready to move on to the final round.  Of those teams, only two would be able to enter in the name of Japan, alongside the great Team 5Ds.  It was decided that a tournament was needed to find out which two teams were worthy enough to join Team 5Ds, the holders of the championship trophy, in this great tournament.

There will be some changes depending on if you and Silk would rather have defeated the team in the preliminary round and are ready to prepare for the finals;  Or perhaps the team has defeated the two teams that stood in their way to becoming representatives of Japan;  Or we can have them preparing for this chance to enter this last test.

Once we have Silk's character updated and yours completed (and perhaps your second characters if you want them), we'll also need to discuss how these characters came together to form a team.  Nothing major, but knowing that helps for background.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Batman4560

Got ya, it is just stuff from the intro post. That's what I thought. I just wanted to be sure. I'll try to have my character up before bed then.

King Serperior

That's right.  No worries about getting the character up super soon.  Take what time you need.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Batman4560

King Serperior

Don't worry about that.  I'm not making anyone specifically list their cards out one-by-one.  We're treating this like the anime.  Just look up the Amazoness archetype and changes/additions to refresh yourself. 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Batman4560

Yeah but it would be fun to pick it up and just say "Hell yeah this the deck I'm going with." :P

King Serperior

Oh, sure, if you want to use your old deck as a reference, feel free.  I just didn't want you to think that you had to list your character's deck card-by-card.  :P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Batman4560

Name: Alistar Hibari
Deck: Amazoness Deck or Exodia (Changes from time to time.)
Personality: A man who shows respect to any who gives it, Alistar can be your best friend or worst nightmare. He dresses in a comfortable suit and tie but always wears black boots that run just past his ankle. Alistar isn't the first to help a friend but when you need him he's there.
History/Background: Alistar entered Duel Academy and was placed in the  the Slypher Yellow dorm. He only remained there for a few weeks as it was apparent by his high test scores and flawless duels that he had been not taking things seriously when applying for the school. The process of moving him only took a year and in that time Alistar had gained a reputation as a defensive duelist.
After graduating from Duel Academy Alistar entered various competitions, putting back most of the prize money he got for winning and saving for something special. Within three years he had put back the money needed for his own Duel Runner and entered to make it big...
Duel Runner:

King Serperior

Okay, the character looks good, but there are a few things to note:

Quote from: Batman4560 on December 29, 2015, 01:40:51 AM
Deck: Amazoness Deck or Exodia (Haven't actually decided yet.)
Okay, you'll certainly have to decide a deck type between the two, though it seems that you may be going for the Exodia deck from reading the Bio.
History/Background: Alistar entered Duel Academy at the Slypher Yellow stage and was swiftly pushed up to Blue when he defeated his instructors in two turns with his Exodia deck. The deck is something he only uses during high stakes matches. After graduating Alistar went on to become a well off duel monsters intercontental champ. After growing board with the simple stadium events he used prize money to have his Duel Runner made and joined the circuit as a pro.
Now, there are a couple of things here:

- What dorm did he start in?  Slifer Red (the lowest dorm, only for those who managed to enter the Academy by sheer luck or by the skin of their teeth) or Ra Yellow (for those who are highly skilled, but still have lots of room for improvement).  It's no major thing, but something to note.
- Defeating instructors in duels won't put someone in Blue just like that.  It takes lots of skill to do get promoted.  You could say that he managed to become promoted after a year (if in Ra Yellow) or two years (if in Slifer Red) and excelling in end-of-the-year exams.
- Becoming an international champ soon after graduating is unlikely unless you had the sheer skill of the legendary Zane Truesdale (which is very unlikely as he was one of the best duelists to have graduated from the Academy).  It would make more sense if it took a year or two to qualify for the Pro Curcuit and begin making a name for himself.  However, if he wins enough tournaments (or even be in the top three), he could certainly afford a high-quality Duel Runner in a year or so.  However, he wouldn't enter the Turbo Duel Pro Circuit as a pro since Turbo Dueling is vastly different from regular dueling.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

The game hasn't truly started, but I have to be forced to end it at this time.  RL is being a pain and it's best to stop the ball before it gets rolling.  I am sorry, but I guess there will never be a good chance for a Yugioh or Pokemon game for me.  Locking this and letting it slip away forever.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace