Skull & Shackles: Pirates of the Skies [Pathfinder | Now closed]

Started by Heady Dionysus, November 29, 2017, 02:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revelation

My first character was a 3.0 monk I made who died in the very first session on the very first round of combat from getting crit with a great sword  :-X

kingmaster1

I'm excited :-P

I know the people I want to get it besides myself, of course. I hope the gm feels similarly XD

Callie Del Noire

Revelation

I naturally think we're all hoping our PC's get in. I mean if you made a PC but didn't want them to get in... ???

Captain Whitebread

We've got enough to cover the entire crew of a pirate ship.

FYI my first character was a CE cleric of Loki.... in 1st edition.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Vergil Tanner

Oof, ouch! My first character - after killing two people with a fork - almost died from being shot at ten feet range xD If he'd died, I would have died happy, since three years on and I'm still telling that story :P Kiyoni is my second character, and the amount of damage she can deal in one turn is absurd. My current record is something like...90 damage in one turn? And as a Level 8 Ninja, that isn't bad xD

And LOL, King. Care to give us hints on who you'd want to go voyaging on the high seas with? :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Captain Whitebread

VT, did you miss the sea elf ranger or was that a withdrawn character?

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Changingsaint on December 06, 2017, 11:13:24 PM
My first character was a 3.0 monk I made who died in the very first session on the very first round of combat from getting crit with a great sword  :-X

Many times I thought mine would die, but I think my GM had a crush on me if an older guy like him really could, or just being pervy. Either way, I lived through a lot with my first GM.

Revelation

I'm a guy. No DM crushes for me! That game only lasted 1 other session. really, the leading cause of death for my PC's is the game dying more than anything else!

Saric

Most damage I've ever done with one character, in a single round, was when my Wizard/Cleric Mystic Theurge from 3.5 used greater stone shape to turn the granite ceiling of a cavern into one giant stone spear and let gravity drop it through a Pryohydra's heart... 283d6 in all. And I rerolled 1's. We took the average of 4 damage per die (because it was 2-6 with the rerolled 1's) for 1132 piercing damage dealt with a 6th level spell as a standard action. Work was done that day. >:)
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

kingmaster1

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on December 06, 2017, 11:22:25 PM
And LOL, King. Care to give us hints on who you'd want to go voyaging on the high seas with? :P

I don't want anyone to think I'm picking favorites :-P

Suffice to say I think Camilla and Nisha would be great together, though XD

Revelation

I don't remember how much damage he did, but I know the shock trooper/leap attack/pounce cheese barbarian character I made for a game dealt way too much damage.

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Saric on December 06, 2017, 11:31:40 PM
Most damage I've ever done with one character, in a single round, was when my Wizard/Cleric Mystic Theurge from 3.5 used greater stone shape to turn the granite ceiling of a cavern into one giant stone spear and let gravity drop it through a Pryohydra's heart... 283d6 in all. And I rerolled 1's. We took the average of 4 damage per die (because it was 2-6 with the rerolled 1's) for 1132 piercing damage dealt with a 6th level spell as a standard action. Work was done that day. >:)

Wow.

Closest I ever came to that level of pain was taking enough damage to go from full hit points as a 6th level fighter (72 hp) to -215 hp in an explosion.  Talk about a bloody red smear.

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Changingsaint on December 06, 2017, 11:31:17 PM
I'm a guy. No DM crushes for me! That game only lasted 1 other session. really, the leading cause of death for my PC's is the game dying more than anything else!

This is where pushing the limit of DRs and a plunging neckline shirt as a 15 year old was the key of success here.

Captain Whitebread

It's a vulnerability that a lot of male DMs suffer from, no matter what the age.  But doing that to an old guy like me would be mean.

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on December 06, 2017, 11:39:16 PM
It's a vulnerability that a lot of male DMs suffer from, no matter what the age.  But doing that to an old guy like me would be mean.

Needed every advantage starting. My first group ever was a bunch of misogynistic tricks mostly except for the DM and one other guy. Over time I became a much better player and found better groups.

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on December 06, 2017, 11:25:46 PM
VT, did you miss the sea elf ranger or was that a withdrawn character?

If it isn't there, then it's probably a withdrawn character. I went through page by page getting anything that even vaguely looked like a Bio :P Who played it? I know that Ixy and Chul withdrew.

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 06, 2017, 11:29:09 PM
Many times I thought mine would die, but I think my GM had a crush on me if an older guy like him really could, or just being pervy. Either way, I lived through a lot with my first GM.

My DM is...interesting. He lets us have OP characters, but he makes the badguys OP as well, so it balances out :P Our last session was like an episode of Dragonball, with our characters slugging it out with a fighter four levels higher than us, who could dual wield Bastard Swords that each had Vampiric Enchantments. >.>

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 06, 2017, 11:32:51 PM
I don't want anyone to think I'm picking favorites :-P

Suffice to say I think Camilla and Nisha would be great together, though XD

You're allowed to pick favourites :P You're a player, not a GM ;)

Quote from: Saric on December 06, 2017, 11:31:40 PM

Well fuck. O_O

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 06, 2017, 11:37:29 PM
This is where pushing the limit of DRs and a plunging neckline shirt as a 15 year old was the key of success here.

...how old was he? >.>

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on December 06, 2017, 11:39:16 PM

Not me! When I'm God, God is asexual :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

RobyntheWitch

kingmaster1

Captain Whitebread

There is a sad tendency to treat female gamers as unwelcome.

Fortunately one of my early grounds included several women (including one who became my first wife), so I learned early that they were an asset, not an annoyance.   I currrently table top RPing with two groups, the old guys (all male, youngest is in his 40s) and 'the Kids' (mostly 20 somethings, predominantly trans male, DM'd by my second wife) so I'd have to say that I judge players by their playing rather than their gender.

Revelation

Most of my RL DM's have been women actually, it's kinda interesting to see, since it's an exception it appears.

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 06, 2017, 11:48:19 PM
I was 15 and he was 36. Enough said.

*shudder*
I mean. I could feasibly understand it if he didn't know that you were fifteen, because nowadays it's an increasing trend for girls to look older than they are (with some younger girls actively trying to do so) and I've had that moment before; when I was 21, I remember seeing a girl who looked by my estimation to be about 18 in a lowcut, tight dress and my head naturally turned...until my friend informed me that they knew this girl and that she was 15. I promptly tried to claw my eyes out. But in this situation? He knew you were 15, and was perving anyway. That's just...ewwwwwwww.

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on December 06, 2017, 11:51:07 PM
There is a sad tendency to treat female gamers as unwelcome.

I disagree with this. Once upon a time, perhaps, but nowadays? Not so much. In fact, where I go and look and play, female gamers are EXTREMELY popular. It combines what gamer boys like most; girls, and games. :P There are some people who treat them as interlopers, sure, but that's the exception rather than the rule in my experience. But then, I might just be from a more chilled out area. The south of England tends to be a fairly laid back place in regards to tolerance. :P

kingmaster1

I'd love to meet an SO who likes the same games as me... Or any kind of SO I guess.... Alone T_T

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on December 06, 2017, 11:56:29 PM
*shudder*
I mean. I could feasibly understand it if he didn't know that you were fifteen, because nowadays it's an increasing trend for girls to look older than they are (with some younger girls actively trying to do so) and I've had that moment before; when I was 21, I remember seeing a girl who looked by my estimation to be about 18 in a lowcut, tight dress and my head naturally turned...until my friend informed me that they knew this girl and that she was 15. I promptly tried to claw my eyes out. But in this situation? He knew you were 15, and was perving anyway. That's just...ewwwwwwww.

Yeah, it told everyone I was, being in high school and all. Still, it made me learn things about myself and more... I don't know how to feel about certain things, but I have had 14 years to move on from it.

Captain Whitebread

I disagree with this. Once upon a time, perhaps, but nowadays? Not so much. In fact, where I go and look and play, female gamers are EXTREMELY popular. It combines what gamer boys like most; girls, and games. :P There are some people who treat them as interlopers, sure, but that's the exception rather than the rule in my experience. But then, I might just be from a more chilled out area. The south of England tends to be a fairly laid back place in regards to tolerance. :P[/quote]

I haven't played in a public setting in probably two decades, so my information IS significantly out of date.  I was lucky to find a group that fit well together and we've stayed friends for over 30 years.