The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Inkidu, January 11, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Shjade on January 14, 2012, 01:06:00 AM
If you want armor skills to increase, you have to get hit without blocking.

So go find a mudcrab and let it claw you for a few hours. Or, if you're more adventurous (and have 500+ armor), let a giant slap you around.

Got smithing up to 80 last night.. BUT can't find any Ebony ore/ingots anywhere.. Got 1 dedric heart stuck aside...still pondering.. going to Dedric.. or save up two perks and go for dragonbone for armor.. since i KNOW i can get that stuff.

Sabby

I started stockpiling bits of dead Dragon from the start xD didn't even know there was item crafting back then, just knew they'd be important at some point. Figured some High Elf collector or something would hire me.

Driskoll

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 14, 2012, 11:50:57 AM
Got smithing up to 80 last night.. BUT can't find any Ebony ore/ingots anywhere.. Got 1 dedric heart stuck aside...still pondering.. going to Dedric.. or save up two perks and go for dragonbone for armor.. since i KNOW i can get that stuff.

Ebony ore you say? I know just the place. Of course if you want to find it on your own I can respect that, but who wants to wait for Daedric armor?

Shjade

As a note, Daedric armor is better than Dragonbone in pretty much every way, and there aren't any dragon weapons to craft, so if you go the heavy armor smithing route taking a perk in Dragon crafting is pretty much a waste.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Driskoll

I still don't understand the decision to not allow players to make dragon bone weapons. I'm almost positive every other crafting tree has the ability to do so. I hope they'll put them in game in one of the dlc's, even if that is a total ripoff.   

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Shjade on January 14, 2012, 02:32:38 PM
As a note, Daedric armor is better than Dragonbone in pretty much every way, and there aren't any dragon weapons to craft, so if you go the heavy armor smithing route taking a perk in Dragon crafting is pretty much a waste.
I know, but I'm trying to improve on my orkish/dwarfish mix. 

Chris Brady

Quote from: Driskoll on January 14, 2012, 02:57:43 PM
I still don't understand the decision to not allow players to make dragon bone weapons. I'm almost positive every other crafting tree has the ability to do so. I hope they'll put them in game in one of the dlc's, even if that is a total ripoff.   
Leather and Imperial don't I think.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Kazyth

The only perk to Dragonbone armor is that when you've maxed out your smithing, with a maxed smithing enchant and potion, you can get to a CRAZY amount of armor.  As you have to take Daedric on the way to it anyway, there's not much of a reason not to go the extra step, in my book, if you use Heavy Armor.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Shjade

Quote from: Kazyth on January 14, 2012, 03:44:40 PM
The only perk to Dragonbone armor is that when you've maxed out your smithing, with a maxed smithing enchant and potion, you can get to a CRAZY amount of armor.  As you have to take Daedric on the way to it anyway, there's not much of a reason not to go the extra step, in my book, if you use Heavy Armor.

Except Daedric armor gives you more armor than Dragonbone, meaning you get crazy amounts of armor without taking the perk in dragonbone. If you look at the guide to doing those maxed out stats with smithing/enchanting/alchemy, the guy who wrote it didn't take the dragonbone perk. You can max out a skill without taking all the perks in it; dragon smithing only adds dragon recipes and the ability to 2x improve them, it doesn't add anything to your other smithing skills. Therefore, you perk up to Daedric and stay there for maximum armor if you're going heavy armor (dragonscale armor is the best light armor, though, if you're going light).

The reason not to go the extra step is to have that extra perk point to use somewhere else where it is actually beneficial.
◕/◕'s

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Shjade on January 14, 2012, 04:27:43 PM
Except Daedric armor gives you more armor than Dragonbone, meaning you get crazy amounts of armor without taking the perk in dragonbone. If you look at the guide to doing those maxed out stats with smithing/enchanting/alchemy, the guy who wrote it didn't take the dragonbone perk. You can max out a skill without taking all the perks in it; dragon smithing only adds dragon recipes and the ability to 2x improve them, it doesn't add anything to your other smithing skills. Therefore, you perk up to Daedric and stay there for maximum armor if you're going heavy armor (dragonscale armor is the best light armor, though, if you're going light).

The reason not to go the extra step is to have that extra perk point to use somewhere else where it is actually beneficial.

Still have to find the bloody ore and hearts first. :D and who knows I might start finding the hearts. As it is, I'm working my way up and lucked out to find the skill up enchantment.. so once I find the materials for the potion I'll be making one or two of that for the BIG boosts when I get it.

Shjade

You can get all the hearts you need from two quests: Mehrunes' Razor and the Star of Azura. Razor quest nets 4 hearts minimum, Star nets 3.  That's enough to make a full set of armor, a bow and either a weapon and a shield or two weapons. You can get pretty much all the ebony you need out of Gloombound Mine in one trip.
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

Also, the Daedra in the place where you get Mehrune's respawn regularly and infinitely.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sabby

Well this is just cool and also shit at the same time xD Just got the Midas Spell Tome mod, and the spells are amazing, but also totally game breaking.

For instance. Wispmothers. You can summon them at Novice level. Wispmothers cost nothing to Conjure. Wispmothers also kill shit dead in one hit, mostly. Goodbye difficulty :3

But I has a Frost Beam! It's like a laser... made of Frost!

Callie Del Noire

Well letting the mudcrab hit me has gained me a 71 heavy armor (no weight! Yay!) a 100 block and a 40 restoration. A quick run through a few spots got me a 65 1 hand and enough ore to make 2 Ebony Axes, a full Ebony set of armor and a bow. With a bit of ore set aside for improvements and a bit more to put aside for doing the Dreanic gear.

100+ with an Ebony War Axe is nice

Lopping off the head of every vamp I've run into.. GREAT. It's hilarous.. decaps are rare.. unless it's a ghost or vamp.. then it's lop.. thump.

Shjade

Some things to note: Ebony 1h axes and maces have the same damage stats as Daedric 1h axes and maces but weigh slightly less. Ebony armor is also only barely weaker than Daedric armor so, if you have issues getting hearts, maxing out improvements on ebony gear is pretty much just as good.
◕/◕'s

Cold Heritage

I think ebony armour is also more aesthetically pleasing, though both the daedric and ebony helmets look rather goofy.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Shjade

I really do like the ebony armor set's look myself, very Dark Knight, but that's more of a subjective thing whereas the numbers are objective. ;p

Related: Ebony armor given a Templar twist for my paladin nord Arienne:
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

I agree, the Ebony plate gear is the best looking heavy Armour in game, helm and all.

Callie Del Noire

I wish there was an Armor stand in your house. Cause I'd put the spare bits of Ebony armor I've found on it. Hitting the 30s now and mr giant isn't to happy now that my armor skill is near 80 and my block is 100!

Tsenta

I haven't progressed too far into buying houses but can't you put armor on the mannequins?   I feel way overpowered....max lvl and 500+ dmg a shot with my daedric bow....with 1 sec paralysis and 1sec soul trap...I AM GOD!~
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 21, 2012, 01:13:39 AM
I wish there was an Armor stand in your house. Cause I'd put the spare bits of Ebony armor I've found on it. Hitting the 30s now and mr giant isn't to happy now that my armor skill is near 80 and my block is 100!
Which your house? Because I think the one in Solitude has stands.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Nadir

The one in Riften has two in the basement.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on January 21, 2012, 08:10:36 AM
Which your house? Because I think the one in Solitude has stands.

I got just the one.. been runing out of the first capital, trying to get all the shouts and wandering around getting into trouble. :D Got my Deadric weapons.. need just a few more hearts for the last 3 bits of armor.. anything else is cheery. :D

Of course I just got Dawnbringer (sp?) and that is one pretty sword.

Shjade

I wish the unique weapons could be improved to a point of being worth using compared to ebony/daedric weapons. The Mace of Molag Bal gets pretty close, but for the most part they're just...weak, by comparison. All these pretty flashy unique weapons and I have no reason to use them. :|
◕/◕'s

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Shjade on January 22, 2012, 05:16:08 PM
I wish the unique weapons could be improved to a point of being worth using compared to ebony/daedric weapons. The Mace of Molag Bal gets pretty close, but for the most part they're just...weak, by comparison. All these pretty flashy unique weapons and I have no reason to use them. :|

It comes close.. though I admit it and dragonslayer are weak sauce compared to the axes I got.. (by like 6 to 10 points if I figure it right). Of course when you got a 5 in armsman they are all fairly nasty. Axes are bleed weapons for me. :D