Russian Secret School for Love Spies - Pulpy Cold War setting

Started by RedEve, September 06, 2015, 04:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dashenka

The hockey league actually took quite a beating after the Lokomotiv Yaroslav team plane crash.

We're not talking RL... none of the above mentioned actually happened. It's all made in Hollywood :P

Serious note... what's the minimum age you'd accept for a character?
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Blinkin

Yeah, everyone knows that the moon landings were done on a stage set and funded by the CIA to spoof the KGB's attempts to learn the secrets to our rockets  not blowing up.... then Apollo 13 happened and the russians gave up on spying on Nasa.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

RedEve

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Dashenka

Alright.

Got a bit too many games going at the moment. Some usually die early. Then I get more time for this one :D

Chrystal

So, Comrades, when does school start? I am guessing we could use a few more students?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Foxy DeVille

I guess the same.

Oh, I was thinking the school should be called the University for Secret Seductress Recruits. That way it could save money by just using the government's letterhead.  :P

RedEve

There is no immediate rush, I will probably at least take most of the weekend to review any CS that are still to arrive.

Chrystal

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

RedEve

Another character was added to the opening post.

So far we have three teachers and two students. I would like some more of both before we get started.
I have at least one more student that is close to approval, so the numbers are more or less even at the moment.

RedEve

Chrystal

Point of information, which is probably not in the least bit important... Colonel Orluv is wearing a Two-Star General's uniform!

The character name is almost identical to the name of the Bond Villain used as the pic base, General Orlov, from Octopussy.

As I said, probably not important, but I thought I'd mention it...

RedEve

I would love to add some more players. At the same time, I do not want to delay the start of this game indefinitely.
I think I will give it until this weekend and then possibly start it, depending on how I feel about the roster at that time.

Dashenka

I will join. Just haven't found the right character yet :)

RedEve

wigglebiscuit

Quote from: Blinkin on September 10, 2015, 08:41:12 AM
Yeah, everyone knows that the moon landings were done on a stage set and funded by the CIA to spoof the KGB's attempts to learn the secrets to our rockets  not blowing up.... then Apollo 13 happened and the russians gave up on spying on Nasa.

I do hope this is a joke. But the lack of smilies worries me...

OP, which would you rather have for your next submission: a student or an instructor?

Dashenka

wigglebiscuit

RedEve

Quote from: wigglebiscuit on September 15, 2015, 01:52:08 PM

OP, which would you rather have for your next submission: a student or an instructor?

Well we are at even numbers now, so either is fine, though probably easier if we keep the students in the numerical advantage (if either side does).

Dashenka, would you be going student or instructor?

Dashenka

Chrystal

Quote from: Blinkin on September 10, 2015, 08:41:12 AM
Quote from: wigglebiscuit on September 15, 2015, 01:52:08 PM

It depends on whether you are able to get your copy of Conspiracy Monthly magazine in the post or not... If you can, he was joking. If you can't, well there's your answer really...

..... No, Blinkin is blind and has difficulty posting smilies, because he can't see what they resemble. to him, :-D is just "Colon-Dash-D"

Blinkin

Sorry, I was being silly. :) Only take half of what I say as serious, and even that half should be viewed with about a pound of salt. I should learn to just not make funny on these threads; it never goes over well and I forget that people who don't know my style don't always... hell, even sometimes... gets my humor.

Now that I have thoroughly muddied the waters... How about them bears?

"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Chrystal

Blinks, dear, even thouse of us who do know your style don't always get your humour....

Bears? Oh my!

The Tupelov TU95 heavy bomber, designated "Bear" by NATO

(For Blink's benefit, it's a sleek silver thing with a huge wingspan, massive tail fin and four engines (two per wing) each having a double turbofan. Red stars on tail and wings).

Blinkin

Sounds vaguely like the early B-52... damned russian spies stole another set of plans! lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Dashenka

They also made a passenger version of it. When Chruchev flew it to New York, they didn't have stairs reaching up to the doors making disembarking a bit of a faff. The props are contra rotating. Meaning the two props per engine spin in opposite directions to generate more power. This was almost just as fast as a jet liner of that age :) It sounds pretty amazing and impressive.

So far my factual history lesson :D