Unknown Armies (always recruiting)

Started by Kythia, August 06, 2013, 08:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darras

1: ahah! I thought as much, not to worry. The concept did not hang on it and I thought up something better anyway. Such is life :)
2. Alright, not a problem.
3. Ooh.. *looks forward to* Thanks! OK here we go.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name : Jessica Daniels
Occupation : Biochem student at Newcastle University and part time worker at the coffee shop next door to Horner's to pay her way.
August 8th : NOT her birthday! Jessica's birthday is actually July 8th, but her workaholic father seems to believe August 8th was the day in question. Peter Daniels is a busy father who doesn't really have much time for his child, but has a family-man image at work that he likes to maintain. And so her birthday is the only day in the year that he takes off work to spend with her. Jess always worried that if she told him he had the date wrong he would retreat from her and she would lose the one day a year that she truly basked in his attention. Thus, August 8th is the most important day to Jessica.

Jess strives for her father's attention, she always has done since she was a very small child and yet he has never fully given it to her. Peter Daniels, business executive extraordinaire, had always been more obsessed with his work (and his affairs) to pay much attention to his daughter. Having seen her father's business success from a young age Jess became convinced that success was the way to her father's affections. So she threw herself into study, and sport, in an attempt to gain his praise. Sport fell by the wayside as she grew older, although she still enjoys running a great deal, but she showed a great skill for academics, medicine in particular. She is enrolled at Newcastle University on the bachelor's Biochem course as her first step to a research position in medicine. Maybe THAT would be enough to gain her father's approval and notice?

Should Have Been There at 9AM : Delivering the morning coffee order to the Horner desk workers  promptly at 9AM before finishing the morning shift and meeting her father for the day's activities.
Late Because : Bumping into a stranger on the street on the way had spilt the coffee order all over her clean clothes. She had to go into the back room to change her shirt and remake the coffee orders before starting out again.

Passions
Fear Stimulus : Failure (if too broad - letting people down)
Rage Stimulus : Neglect of children - Having been horribly neglected herself she can't stand by and watch others do the same thing to innocents. She can't stand up for herself, but seeing it happen to kids really does her head in.
Noble Stimulus : Education is key. If only everyone could be as educated as possible, the world would be a better place. Jess will not hesitate to attempt to help someone research, learn, grow.

Personality Stereotype : Cancer. Despite being born Gemini Jess really fits the Cancerian stereotype best. Sensitive and a home body she may keep her nose to the grindstone like a Taurus but failure really sets her back a pace. Loyal and earnest Jess always gives way more of herself than she should..

Body :   50
General Athletics - 30
Struggle - 15
Work Without Rest (Study) - 35

Speed : 40
Dodge - 30
Drive - 25
Init - 20
Horseback Riding 15

Mind : 70
Conceal - 15
General Education - 30
Notice - 40
Medicine 30
Hypnotherapist (free) - 40

Soul : 60
Charm - 35
Lying - 20
Hunches - 45

Smacked 10 of the free 15 points into Hunches and the other 5 into Hypnotherapist (which was my free 35 point Mind skill)

Let me know if anything need shunting about or flat out changing :)

Kythia

It looks good.   I haven't checked the maths but, yanno, you seem trustworthy.  My only quibble - and its not one you could have known about in advance - was could you make the delay a little longer?  It's currently coming up on eleven game time and I'd sooner not "backdate" you any - that is to say your intro will be arriving at Honer's and noticing it's not there at current game time.

Been sat staring at unwritten posts for hours now.  Can't seem to get my head into it for some reason.  Stayed up late to write them and then have ended up not doing so.  This is just me whining, I'm forcing myself to do it.  I just figured y'all might care about my woes.

Blythe

Quote from: Kythia on January 11, 2014, 09:47:59 PM
Been sat staring at unwritten posts for hours now.  Can't seem to get my head into it for some reason.  Stayed up late to write them and then have ended up not doing so.  This is just me whining, I'm forcing myself to do it.  I just figured y'all might care about my woes.

It's okay; I've done the exact same thing as of late. >_<

*offers some empathy for Kythia's woes*

Also, hey there, darras! Welcome!  :-)

darras

Ahoy Blythe! :)

No worries Kythia. Either we can call it that she was supposed to be there at 10, or we could make it so that she had to go all the way home to fetch new clothes and when she got home she discovered that the neighbour's dog had escaped into her garden. Again... So she had to break in to their house to lock the dog back in and THEN go back to deliver the insanely late coffee order and.. uh.. where's Honer's gone?

Do I just go on over to the IC page and await an intro post? :)

Kythia

You do indeed.  You shouldn't have to wait long, I'll do it now.

Whereabouts are you in the UK, BTW?  You don't have to answer if you'd rather not.  I'm pretty open about being from N'Castle liek originally but I keep where I currently am on the down low a little.

darras

I'm not actually in the UK anymore! But I hail from the saff, Wiltshire area. I emigrated to Norway in 07, to escape the cold and the rain and the.. oh no wait :D

Kythia

I live down south now - even have a boyfriend from Sarf Lahndon, innit.  Did you know Salisbury Cathedral has the highest spire in England?  That's my Wiltshire fact for the day.  There'll be another this time tomorrow.

darras

Fascinating! (I did indeed know this) I look forward to tomorrow's Wiltshire factoid. I'll be interested to see how many days you manage to find interesting facts for, it's hardly the most exciting county in the UK ;)

Kythia

It's no Tyne and Wear, certainly  ;D

Kythia

Wise.  My capriciousness when it comes to giving out and withholding xp knows no bounds.

Anyway.  I'm distracting myself.  Writing this post now.

Kythia

Congrats on the approval, darras.  And because I missed it yesterday, the battle of Roundway Down was fought in Wiltshire.  I'm really starting to struggle now and I'm only two in.  May have to concede defeat.

darras

haha! Well I wasn't aware that there WERE two interesting facts about Wiltshire, so I'd say you're still ahead.

And thanks! Very exciting :D Lots of exploring to do.

Remiel

Congratulations on making it past the silk rope and into the club, darras.  And welcome to the game.  :-)  Kythia is an amazing GM and we're all having a lot of fun so far.

darras

Thanks Remiel! Really glad to have managed to hop into a game already - particularly one where the players are all so enthusiastic about their awesome GM ;)

Kythia

Couple things:

@Everyone - does anyone have any objection to me posting their character history on the wiki?  Shout up if you do.

@Riveda - the conversation with Rachel could be a bit long.  How would you feel about us holding it over PM (or even IM) and then I'll clean it up and post it.  I've been infodumping in conversations to avoid an endless succession of one line posts and I'm wondering if this may not be either a better way or at least a viable alternative in some circumstances.

Blythe

Quote from: Kythia on January 14, 2014, 02:22:36 PM
@Everyone - does anyone have any objection to me posting their character history on the wiki?  Shout up if you do.

I have no issues with this, provided that I can edit my own character history/sheet/thingy if it ever becomes necessary.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Kythia on January 14, 2014, 02:22:36 PM
@Riveda - the conversation with Rachel could be a bit long.  How would you feel about us holding it over PM (or even IM) and then I'll clean it up and post it.  I've been infodumping in conversations to avoid an endless succession of one line posts and I'm wondering if this may not be either a better way or at least a viable alternative in some circumstances.
Works for me. I prefer IM to PM but PM is acceptable.

Kythia

Blythe (and everyone else for that matter) - Course you can.  That's kinda the reason I ask, I'm very conscious that it's your writing not mine and I don't want to be taking any ownership of it.

Riveda - PMing you my IM.

darras

Also no objections. Although now I think I may need to settle down and write something proper for Jess.. I'll edit in more to the wiki history soon!

Kythia

Wiki isn't up yet.  Will be soon though.  On an incredibly successful catch up spree, then transferring stuff.  Being super productive.

darras

*hands out the productivity cake* Woop!

Incidentally, I come from a board where I've been playing for 14 years. I've got the settings on that board to require html tags for certain things.. So if a < p > or a < br > slips into one of my posts here, I'm sorry! But at least now you'll know why. Habits are a hard nut to crack..

And question! Maybe Blythe will know the answer.. But is there any way of setting the spell check here to UK English? I LOVE having a spell check, but I do not love having it question my overuse of the letter 'u' and other such annoying squiggly red lines ;)

Remiel

That is because anyone who puts a "u" in the word "color" is simply doing it wrong and should be shot on sight.

darras

But.. but.. *weeps* I only did it because the excessive use of the 'z' confuses me! *hides behind Kythia*