Vonage and DSL

Started by Katrina, August 09, 2010, 04:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katrina

Ok. I have to have the phone plugged into both in order for both to work.  I can't unplug the phone from the dsl modem/router cause dsl won't work.  And if I plug the phone to the vonage thingy it won't work since it doesn't without internet. 

So, how do I plug the phone into both, so both work?

Oniya

Splitter at the wall (if they run more than $5, I'll be shocked).  Run one phone cord from the splitter to the DSL, and the other from the splitter to the Vonage thingy
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Katrina

Oniya

We actually had an arrangement with two splitters plugged into each other because the satellite box needed phone access (for reasons I still don't fully understand).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17