Last Stand of the Monstergirl Tribes (Legend system)

Started by Sethala, March 29, 2013, 01:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Does anyone have forced lactation as an off? Celia may end up needing to feed from her allies...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Antipaladin of Calista

As long as she doesn't try to cut anything off my character or eat her we are good.

I love 5d6 d2. Rolled and got:

And since I have to shift around those odd points I'm going to have a great character.

ShadowFox89

Nope! But her saliva can induce lactation in females and she feeds on either breast milk or human semen. Which means you'll likely be a food source :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on March 29, 2013, 11:14:03 PM
So here are some good/important questions:
Are we supposed to hate/want peace with the humans?
Are we trying to kill them or protect ourselves?
Is the main focus a small band of characters (I.E. our characters) or are we each from different places?

The overall goal is that the party has been drafted with the mission of "prevent another alliance of the humankind against monster races".  How the party met, and who put them together, is something I'll work on with you guys once we figure out who's playing and what kind of characters they're making.  Regardless, their employer doesn't care about how they go about doing things (or rather, I can make a story that's flexible on that point), so that's something up to the players to determine.  (If you want to play more of an "evil" slant feel free to want to kill all humans, or a "good" character can strive for peace.)

As an aside, I will say "no futa", as that's a major turn-off for me.

Quote from: Monfang on March 30, 2013, 12:15:47 AM
The idea I had for my human character was a male who used to trade between the human and the monster kind before and/or during the war. (Depending on how long it went). He knows most of the sympathizer on both sides as well as everyone who's willing to keep their mouth's shut for items from the monster nations such as crafts. He wouldn't be much of a fighter and instead more skilled in subtrafuge and social skills to get the party though situations like that. Of course, it is unsure if his skills are enough to deal with the estrogen of the rest of the party after the gets dragged into their mess.

If that's a no go, I cna go on about my she-wolf warrioress.

Probably no, honestly.  The monsters are pretty untrustworthy of any humankind, and someone that just "knows a lot of people" isn't really the type of trust needed for something like this.  If you flesh him out more and give him more of a reason to specifically side with the monstergirls (at the risk of his life and everything he owns), maybe, but as-is it's a no.

Sethala

By the way, Legend is a work in progress, and there's a list of upcoming changes to the next version here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KiHZBhWsDeKlS0FTuG7RGOOfHF10fzeiU7OB3uo5z90/edit?pli=1

I'll likely be running everything off of the updated stuff there.

Antipaladin of Calista

Had to make a quick change, but now my character is almost done. back story is ready, just doing numbers

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

kckolbe

I was also considering a male human, "adopted" during a raid as a child when a moment to do so presented itself.  After all, males are rare.  I was thinking of making him a cleric or paladin to one of their gods, as they would naturally wish to have him brainwashed a bit, being the only different one.  If that doesn't work I can play a male monsterhybrid, since based on the lovely pictures from page one, there isn't a lot of difference.  Any thoughts?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Sethala

I could see a male human being "adopted" during a raid, but the monstergirls are going to be very overprotective of the men (both monsterboys and captured/"adopted" humans), and are very likely to discourage them from going out into the wild and getting into danger, considering how relatively rare they are.  So either way, I want to know more about why he's out adventuring with the girls (monstergirls can go out and get into danger "just because", the boys have a lot more hurdles to jump over, especially right now with the monster races facing a much larger and fairly oppressive humankind threat).

kckolbe

Was thinking that as well, which was the other reason that shaman (not cleric) works.  It's a support position, not a front line warrior.  In addition, there is also desperation factor.  They can't afford to hold back too much, after all.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Sethala

There's a difference between "hold back" as in "stay in the back lines so enemies have to fight through the rest of your party to get to you", and "hold back" as in "stay at home where it's safe", though.

I'm sorry if I'm being too restrictive, but I mostly envisioned this as a "monstergirl-only" party, and added the bit about humankind or monsterboys as a "well, if something's really interesting I'll accept it" thing.  Being a cleric/shaman/etc and helping to heal is an interesting take for a character that would spend their time in the town helping people and possibly help if the town is attacked, as opposed to doing all the domestic work of cooking/cleaning/making babies with monstergirls, but I need more of an actual reason why he's leaving town in the first place.

kckolbe

Intro Thread

ShadowFox89

Wait.

What if the monstergirls sort of get "rationed" a male?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Hm... possibly.  Any specific reasons you're thinking of?

Antipaladin of Calista

Battle field stress relief?  :-\

Im worried about this because of the lack of interest from more people. I wonder if maybe the concept is whats throwing people off. I like the idea, but if I could think of a few things that might bring in more people I'd think of this:

-The wrong sides are on the wrong sides. Why are the Humans winning? On one side are humans elves and dwarves. On the other? Demons, Dragons, elementals, living plants, vampires, and giants. Even in games like D&D, the heros are the more normal ones and the monsters are just that. It kind of feels like the monster "tribes" are more civilized than the human "government".

-Why no men? It isn't logical to have a small number of men in the game. Look at corruption of champions: http://fenoxo.com/play/
          Half the enemies you fight (if not more) are male. Ever seen Jurassic park? Even if there were only monster"girls" and no guys they would still find a way to reproduce.

Those are just two ideas, and I wont even mention the system you want to use instead of d20 or Savage Worlds.

Thats just my thoughts. I really like the idea of a monster girl rp and I'm still in, but maybe some of this should be taken into consideration.

ShadowFox89

Character Sheet

Name: Golem Model C3-L14 "Celia"
Class: Paladin (Knowing/Smiting/Heroica)
Race: Sentient Construct

HP: 74
Damage Reduction: 2

Speed: 35ft, can [Teleport]

Strength 16 (KOM)
Dexterity 14
Constitution 18 (+2 Race)
Intelligence 10 (+2 Race)
Wisdom 10
Charisma 18 (-2 race) (+2 level) (KDM)

Armor Class: 20 (20 + 4 BaB + 4 KDM + 2 Armor)
Awareness: Tremorsense 20ft, Darkvision
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9
Resistance and Immunity: [ Immunity] to [Exhausted ], Halves [Fatigued] duration (minimum one [Round ]), [Construct ] type (does not age )
Base Attack Bonus: +4

Class Features:
Track 1 Abilities: Knowing, Mercy
Track 2 Abilities: Skirmish, Conflict
Track 3 Abilities: The Blade and the Bow

Feats: The Earth CracksB, Shadow Blink, Optimistic Viscera

Skills: Acrobatics +6, Athletics +7, Vigor +8, Intimidate +8, Perception +4

Items:
Weapon: Shattered Fate (lesser weapon, [Melee], [Brutal 1], [Guardian], [Quick-Draw], [Extradimensional])
Weapon: Hand Crossbow (mundane weapon, Ranged, range [Close], [Guardian], [Holdout], [Point-blank])
Armor: Mended Hope (lesser armor, light, +2 AC, masterwork)
Expendables: x3 Healing Potions

Attacks:
Shattered Fate; +7 to-hit, 1d6+8 damage, melee
Hand Crossbow; +7 to-hit, 1d6+7 damage, ranged (35ft)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Sethala on March 30, 2013, 08:12:03 PM
Hm... possibly.  Any specific reasons you're thinking of?
Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on March 30, 2013, 08:54:27 PM

Well, for one, there's a golem in the party that runs off of semen and the girls might not enjoy getting milk dry every night >.>

And it might be a system for how men are spread throughout monstergirl lands. Each group of 4-5 girls gets a male between them.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on March 30, 2013, 08:54:27 PM

Im worried about this because of the lack of interest from more people. I wonder if maybe the concept is whats throwing people off. I like the idea, but if I could think of a few things that might bring in more people I'd think of this:

-The wrong sides are on the wrong sides. Why are the Humans winning? On one side are humans elves and dwarves. On the other? Demons, Dragons, elementals, living plants, vampires, and giants. Even in games like D&D, the heros are the more normal ones and the monsters are just that. It kind of feels like the monster "tribes" are more civilized than the human "government".

-Why no men? It isn't logical to have a small number of men in the game. Look at corruption of champions: http://fenoxo.com/play/
          Half the enemies you fight (if not more) are male. Ever seen Jurassic park? Even if there were only monster"girls" and no guys they would still find a way to reproduce.

Those are just two ideas, and I wont even mention the system you want to use instead of d20 or Savage Worlds.

Thats just my thoughts. I really like the idea of a monster girl rp and I'm still in, but maybe some of this should be taken into consideration.

Well, the main reason I'm doing this system is because Shadowfox wanted to actually play in a game (he's run a few as GM, but couldn't find someone else to be GM so he could play).  Admittedly, mixing a unique twist to the game and a new system may not have been the best idea.

As for the reason for the setting, I wanted something where the players are monstergirls (and maybe a token monsterboy).  Naturally, that led to the setting where monsters are on the decline and fighting back, as the opposite would be fairly anticlimactic.  Either that, or the PCs could be fighting other groups of monsters and the world is split up into other "tribes"; the only issue with that is that it limits what monster-types people can use (i.e. if you're starting out as part of the "dragon tribe", what do you do if someone wants to be a dark elf or a werecat, and end up fighting against their own tribe?  Not saying it can't be justified, but it's easier to say all the monsters are together out of necessity.)

And it's not "there's no men", it's "the men are incredibly rare and pretty much necessary for our survival (especially since our numbers are already so few), so having them go out and risk their lives is probably a bad idea."  Though I'm fine with being overruled; I'll send a message to kckolbe and let him know that he's welcome as the group's token male.

kckolbe

Thanks for the PM.  I'm reading through the system now and working on a character.  I rolled well for his stats, with one exception, trying to decide where to put the 7 I rolled, (though will likely bump it to an 8 since I had other odd numbers).

45418   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-31 07:04:23   At 2013-03-31 07:04:23, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 5d6k3 Result: 18
45417   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-31 07:04:08   At 2013-03-31 07:04:08, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 5d6k3 Result: 12
45416   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-31 07:02:14   At 2013-03-31 07:02:14, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 5d6k3 Result: 15
45415   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-31 07:01:53   At 2013-03-31 07:01:53, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 5d6k3 Result: 12
45414   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-31 07:01:29   At 2013-03-31 07:01:29, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 5d6k3 Result: 7
45413   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-31 07:01:09   At 2013-03-31 07:01:09, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 5d6k3 Result: 17

Since I think a Shaman still makes the most sense for him, I am leaning toward taking a low score in intelligence to represent his brainwashing.  Since I have the racial modifier as well to play with, I am also considering using that for his low stat.  Even though shamans cast off of Wisdom, their KDM is Charisma, which the Virtue track uses primarily, so I want to have that as the high stat instead.  After all, he needs to be someone the elder women feel comfortable enough having away from the safety of home, so taking a low stat in any of the physical categories didn't make sense to me.  Not sure how much impact an 8 int would have on his speech and basic functionality, so currently deciding between these two arrangements.

Str 12
Dex 12
Con 14
Int 8
Wis 16
Cha 20

Str 12
Dex 12
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 16
Cha 18

Intro Thread

ShadowFox89

I think the first one looks perfectly fine. You aren't really losing anything by having an 8 in an ability score that isn't your KDM or KOM.

And guys, remember- You get [damage reduction] equal to half your constitution modifier.

If you need anymore help, let me know.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kckolbe

I know that mechanically an 8 is fine for int, just wanted to know if he could still speak normally with such a low score.

Intro Thread

ShadowFox89

I don't think there's any negative side effects for a low score.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

So I know Shadow's put up a full character sheet, how about the rest of you?  Have any questions about how any other parts of the system work?  I'll give this another day or two to get interest after the holiday, then start things going if you two are ready.

And Shadow's right, a score below 10 doesn't have any real penalties (you'll take a -1 penalty to anything that cares about your Int modifier, such as some skills, but otherwise not an issue).

Kippers

I can probably get a sheet done tomorrow after I read the system rules. :3

Sethala