The Den(Open)

Started by Azureness, June 08, 2009, 10:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

privilegedXchore

Raven held out her hand with a smile, "What an interesting name, may I ask where it originates? You were playing nicely earlier I didn't know if you were the Bard that played here regularly or not. And I am Raven."
I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it, For ever and a day.

O/o|A/a

jilorbb

He took her hand gently with both of his own, bent and laid his lips softly upon her fingers. "Hmm...." He responded before sitting up again. "I don't rightly know. My parents might have just made it up. It sounds mid-eastern, though, so it might be from my father's side of the family." He sat back looking thoughtfully for a moment, his hand on his chin. "Huh.... Surprised I never thought about it much before."

"Oh, please." He stood and motioned to another chair. "Sit." He pulled it out for her. "I don't play here often, this would be my first time actually."

privilegedXchore

She watched as Sen thought and laughed quietly and then nodded, accepting the seat. She crossed one leg underneath her as she sat, leaning back; "Well its a better time than never to think about it, correct?" She smirked.

"How long have you been playing?"

O/o|A/a

jilorbb

"Oh, years and years..." he responded, taking his seat again. "Its become a habit." He laughed. "Do you play at all?"

privilegedXchore

Raven laughed hard, "One would hope all the listening I've done over the years it would be something I'd pick up in my travels, but sadly, no, you wouldn't want me to go near the lute." She drank more ale.

"My mother did teach me a few songs on a piano, however I don't think I could pick the notes out on the keys anymore."

O/o|A/a

jilorbb

"Lovely" he responded. "I think all children should learn music at one point. Although, on your point - I picked up the waltz when I was 10. Can't remember more than 2 steps now."

privilegedXchore

Raven giggled, "The waltz, why would you have thought that was a good idea to learn when you were ten?" She pushed her hair out of her eyes as it fell into her face with her laughs. "You could always teach me those two steps, and hope you would remember the rest?" She asked and sighed.

"But it might be hard to ask you to play the music and dance with me." She smirked at the thought.

O/o|A/a

jilorbb

"My parents were both musicians as well. We traveled around and performed mainly at formal events. I saw my parents dancing the waltz one day and thought that it might be fun to try it out." he shrugged. "Ah, yes. If only we had some more music to guide our feet. It is a bit difficult to dance without it."

privilegedXchore

Raven nodded, "Did you ever go tired of seeing all the formal dresses or events? I am unsure if I could ever stand seeing any of those events. Royalty and I do not get along." She smirked, "I do love to travel however, have you ever gotten to tired to keep going, and wish to find one place to rest?"

O/o|A/a

jilorbb

"I don't mind formal events all together but the entire job does get tiring after a while." he chuckled at her last question. "Yes. A few times I was so tied that I had to pause to sleep near the road. Its not a problem for me... unless it rains."

Erus

Character-
Name- Garrison
Gender- male
Occupation- Man at arms

Garrison stepped into the Den out of the damp and dark of the outside. The flickering light of the fire disrupted his vision upon his entry and he stood there inside the doorway waiting for his eyes to adjust.

Garrison wore a heavy leather rain coat which he pulled off and hung on a hook by the door as soon as his vision allowed it. Garrison was tall (over six feet) and muscular, but his tummy displayed a bit of a protuberance that was evidence of his advancing age. His hair was salt and pepper black and gray as was his beard. His hair was worn long and pulled back into a ponytail.  His beard and mustache were kept neat and short. He wore heavy leather adventurers clothes, the equivalent of light armor. A sword hung from a belt at his side which he promptly removed and placed by the door next to his coat.

He steps slowly into the room like he did any new place giving himself a chance to evaluate the space and for the space to evaluate him.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

jilorbb

Sen noticed the new entry and raised his glass and nodded in greeting.

EmbersOfShay

(Sorry to interrupt, but I was denied for a little while because of a mixup and now I'm approved, but it seems I've missed a lot. Care if I sit this one out?)

privilegedXchore

"That is true, sleeping outside and getting caught in a storm is no fun at all. It has also happened to me a few times as well." Raven chuckled as the door swung open and a new arrival entered the room. She watched Sen raise his glass, and followed him with the same gesture.

"Have you seen any one of high noble birth in your performances?" She asked as she returned to her conversation.

((Shay I think you can pop back in at any moment. It wouldn't be to weird. But if you want to sit out, thats fine.))

O/o|A/a

jilorbb

Sendri shrugged his shoulders. "Eh.. I can't really say if I have. Probably as a child I did, but I haven't really been playing the "big crowds" since I left my parents and struck out on my own."

Erus

Garrison nodded to the bard and his company. Returning the kind greeting. He then approached the bar and sat down ordering a pint.

He looked around the bar and noticed that it seemed mostly empty, but that staff were busy straightening and cleaning what looked to be the after effects of a fight or other commotion.

"It looks like I came in a little late." Garrison comments idly as he accepts his brew.

Azureness

Swivels in her chair taking a sip from her freshly poured glass of wine.  She snapped out of some strange mist of confusion and noticed more people scampering about.  "Holy carpe!" she looked over the bar.  "Umm how long was I out for?" she asked the man waxing the bar.

"A couple of hours m'lady..." he responded.

"What!  Maybe I should go upstairs and rest for a bit." she seemed ill shaking her head.
We will float above the clouds together.
~Azureness

jilorbb

Sen noticed the tavern owner swaying a little on her feet. "Excuse me for a moment, would you?" he asked of his tablemates before walking over to the owner.

"Are you all right, Lady Suzaku?" he asked, bending down to look her in the eyes and placing a hand on one of her shoulders.

Azureness

She felt a warm hand reach out for her shoulder feeling a familiar presence.  "Oh hello again." she smiled reaching for her glass.  "I will be okay.  I think I just passed out for a bit." she shook out her hair for a moment.  "Has the storm settled down at all?" she could hear wind whistling a little but not anywhere near as much as before.
~Azureness

Erus

Garrison turned abruptly as he heard the bard inquire as to the health of the tavern owner. He sprung to his feet and approached them both.

"Lady Suzaku?" did you say? Garrison asked a look of concern on his face.

"Lady Suzaku..." he repeats. "I know that name." he says, this time more to himself then to the bard. He scrutinizes the bar owner carefully as he tries to remember. "I know that name."

privilegedXchore

Raven looked at the group idly and sipped her drink some more. The ale had gotten slightly warm and bitter to taste, however she did not mind it enough to ask for more, yet.

She hadn't noticed the tavern owner when she had entered, but was happy to see that she was upright and speaking. Raven stood up and walked over to the group, not trying to be anti-social, but seriously lacking of an idea of what to say.

"The storm has not let up sadly. The wind is still cold and biting as before."

O/o|A/a

Azureness

Turned back looking to the person that approached them.  "That would be me.  I am the owner here.  I was once a wanderer but I was tired of surviving and fighting so I built this home of mine.  All travelers are welcome.  Come take a seat at the bar." she smacked the counter lightly flinging her hair back to face the bar tender.  "You may pour a round."

"Certainly my dear..." The bar tender offered the man a draft and poured enough for everyone else in the tavern.

"So where are you from?" she said curiously.

Suzaku seemed upset that the storm hadn't ended yet but it seemed to storm a lot there.
~Azureness

jilorbb

Sendri was pleased to see that the tavern matron was well and he nodded as he stood straight again. "The storm...." he looked longingly out a small window nearby. "It looks like I won't be leaving this evening. Tell me, Lady Suzaku, do you rent rooms here at all?"

Erus

Garrison looked confused as he tried to place Suzaku's face. "I don't know."

He answered her in earnest. "Honestly it seems I have been a traveler on the road for so long that I have forgotten the very reason I travel." He tries to explain as he takes a deep swallow from his pint.

"And you must forgive me, but I have this feeling that I have forgotten you." Garrison says in a tone of exasperation. Finally taking a deep breath and releasing a long sigh.

"I am sorry. I shouldn't stare. I don't mean to be rude."

Garrison attempts a smile and offers his hand. "I'm Garrison." he says simply.

privilegedXchore

Raven accepted the new pint from the bar tender and took a few long slow drinks from it. She looked at Sen, "I figured if she did not have rooms, I would simply sleep by the fire, it would be nicer than sleeping out in the storm."

O/o|A/a