News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Caverns of Chaos[D&D]

Started by Giant Moth, March 04, 2007, 09:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant Moth

Soo.. this is what my somewhat tired and demented mind came up with last night, after coming home from a long roleplaying session, along with some Final Fantasy XII playing.

The Caverns of Chaos!

You're an adventurer, and you've decided to venture into the infamous Caverns of Chaos, for fame and fortune. Many has ventured before you, and many will after you, for the Caverns of Chaos is the ultimate place for adventure. Chaotic energies swirl across the place, ever changing it's halls and caves. Nothing stays the same for long, thus giving many adventurers the their ultimate experience, and they travel down through untouched caves, vanquish monsters and steal their treassure. Although the Caverns are more than just an easy walk, and those not carefull enough will quickly find themselves in trouble.

This is supposed to be an original, D&D 3.5 edition dungeoncrawl, but with an evil erotic twist! The concept is quite simple really. You as a character will play under the D&D 3.5 rules, with a character level around 6. You go in ready for adventure, and... well anything can really happend. You might walk into the trap of a clan of Kobolds, have to fight yourself away from a raging beast, or be lucky and find some treassure to help you on your way. But since we're playing with rules(in opposite to freeform), you'll have a chanse to vanquish you'r foes. But beware, the Caverns of Chaos is malign at best!

I plan to set it up as a full game with it's own board, for the use of several players. You might even get to interact with each other, if you're lucky! Or one might just step in to save you'r sorry backside from certain doom! The game might be somewhat hard, and it will most certainly contain beastiality(with monsters or more), tentacles, bondage, hardcore and more. If someone has any special preference or dislike, you're of course free to come with them to me, and I'll do as much as I can to acomedate them without breaking away from the games original concept.

So who am I looking for? Anyone really, as it is in my personal opinion that you can play whoever and whatever you want, wheter it be the same or opposite sex of your real life. As long as you can do it realistically. You must be familiarised with D&D 3.5 rules and able to create a character. Then from there, you can play pretty much anything. Pretty much any class or race, but I'd like to hear the concept first before you start writing out a character sheet. Any gender works fine too. You might not think there's much for males to do, but, depending on alignment and concept of course, I can find a lot of fun things to do for those too! You can play any alignment, both naive good and twisted evil has a place in the caverns :P.

So if you do find this interesting, post here. And if people want to play it, I'll endevour to start the game(as well as give you more information  on character creation) as soon as I humanly can.
Giant mother cuter than you!

Anathanasia

It's looking like I may have a free spot open for a new game shortly, so I might be interested in this.

I'm wondering mainly about how much posting we can expect? I like frequent posts personally, around a one a day (though more can certainly be okay!) average, 4 or 5 a week is kind of a bare minimum or the game is too slow to hold my interest.

What kind of a limitation on source material? Can we do anything from and d20 DnD book, even third party stuff, or will there be more limitations?

I've no real idea what I'd play...knowing me, though, a drow something or other most likely, lol.
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Giant Moth

I sit on my computer at a daily basis, and check the forums sometimes on hourly. I usually multitask, so my posting rate will be undoubtedly high. As for my players, I'm not too bothered how high or low they can go, I'd apriciate once a day at least, but sometimes circumstances does not allow us.

As for source material, I can dig pretty much anything, if you find something interesting. I have most wizard books, although not that many splatterbooks(books not made by wizards). Preferebly from the wizards books though, it can be such a bother to find some stuff, especially classes. But if you find a fun race or some other rule, you're always free to ask.

Anathanasia

Nah, anything I do will be from something wizards has published. I don't have any other books on hand.

I guess you're planning on running it as a series of related one-on-ones? Solo adventures, not so much party adventures?
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Giant Moth

Exactly. Solo adventures against the denizens of the dungeons! As I mentioned before, you might encounter another player, but that's entirely situational.

schnookums

Color me interested, this is the exact kind of game I've been looking for. Might play an exotic race, that could be fun...maybe something from savage species or Oriental Adventures...

Hunter

What color would you like to be?   :)

Tempting, very tempting.  Any chance of exotics/half breeds?

Giant Moth

Give it a shot, and we'll see if it works. Just remember that you'll have to create a character on it... so you find the rules :P

Lirliel

Hmm I can see my future as a boxum half-elf rogue *giggles* paint me purple and call me in ;)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

RubySlippers

Cleric 2/Fighter 2/Rogue 2 feels right...have to ready for anything.  ;D

OldSchoolGamer

I'll give this one a shot...I'll play a female archer.  Details to follow.

Ajoxer

I may be interested in creating a level 6 Cleric... Perhaps Elven for fun.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Giant Moth

Sounds great, I've got a lot of interested people now. I'll endevour to get the game starting as soon as posible... I just have to try to get our own game forum for this, since I think it is a tad bit too large to spam out on the small games forum.

Idachan

Got room and time for another player? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Giant Moth

Could I say no to someone with an avatar of Ackegårds art?

Idachan

Quote from: Giant Moth on March 05, 2007, 07:54:33 AM
Could I say no to someone with an avatar of Ackegårds art?

No, the power of Håkan compells you.

Muse

*Chuckles* 

Would there be room for another?  A pleged and aspiring bladesinger who misses her band? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Giant Moth

Always is there room for more. I'm probably going to drown in people, but hey: Artistical mastery requres certain sacrifices.

Hunter

Quote from: Giant Moth on March 05, 2007, 08:34:08 AM
Always is there room for more. I'm probably going to drown in people, but hey: Artistical mastery requres certain sacrifices.

Yes, but they have a tendency to squirm if you don't tie them up right.   :P

Giant Moth

Well that's what we have spiders for, yes.

Giant Moth

Alright, time for some rules so you can start on your characters. Level 6, 32point buy, 13 000gp to purchase equipment. Not one item higher than half your starting money though :p No rules on sex though, I always found those wierd. Go ahead and create the characters on sheet, while I try to get this game up.

Lirliel

What's the ability score? 3 of 4d6?
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Giant Moth

Oh sorry, it's 32 point buy.

Post your character sheets here once you are done. If you are uncertain about a certain class or race combo, feel free to ask me here or through a PM.

Once your character is up and approved, the game will begin.

OldSchoolGamer

Couple o' questions for you.

How exactly does your point-buy system work?  What's the base we start with?

Where can we get price lists for equipment? 

Quote from: Giant Moth on March 05, 2007, 09:41:53 AM
Alright, time for some rules so you can start on your characters. Level 6, 32point buy, 13 000gp to purchase equipment. Not one item higher than half your starting money though :p No rules on sex though, I always found those wierd. Go ahead and create the characters on sheet, while I try to get this game up.

Giant Moth

Are you sure you know D&D if you don't know the point buy system? It's in the Dungeon Masters guide... don't know the page. Can be found by the index probably.

And again, how can you not know where the price list(s) is?