We Could be Heroes (Sexy High School Superheroes) Recruiting thru Friday Night

Started by assleigh, April 29, 2014, 04:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assleigh

We Could Be Heroes (Sexy Superhero High School) is Recruiting!

We're looking for a few (3-5) new writers to join us in rebooting a colaborative writing project with a fun, active, imaginative and collaborative collective of writers. This is NOT a First Come, First Served opportunity, and you should expect to go through a process much like you did to be approved for membership in Elliquiy. Why? It's because we've a group of about half a dozen writers who value the quality of the characters in the game and mature, respectful, creative writing. Know that at one point or another we have all gone through this process and we've found that in sharing our character concepts and working out relationships between them before we began to RP was an invaluable stage in launching strong, multifacetted characters who added a lot to everyone's RP. All that being said... Onto sharing the game settings and themes.

The idea of the game is to start as high school students (16-18 years old) or high school teachers. In the vain Sky High, Kick Ass and Chronicle, I'd love to set up a group Year One superhero game with a few twists.

1) all the characters know each other, at least in passing.
- not to be cliched, but think of the type your character would be and what their views of the others might be.
- NO completely socially inept outcasts At ALL. Yes, you can be a nerd and not so social, but you need to bring in a character capable of interacting with others, doesn't have to be a Popular Kid but they have to add to the RP-Fun of everyone. Ie Socially awkward kid with a chip on her shoulder who antagonizes nerds is great, socially awkward kid who sits in the corner scared to talk to anybody, shrinking back from all human contact because they've been bullied, not cool.
- NO killers, no PTSD themed characters and no Psycho/sociopaths
- NO more black belt/top ranked martial artists. Yes, it can be a hobby your character has engaged in but we don't need any more Bruce Lee 2.0s
- Actual connections between characters will have a thread of their own to host this discussion

2) everyone gets their powers during the High School's Ski trip. They are all on the trip together when in the middle of the night  the lodge shakes as Something Weird(tm) happens sending a pulse of odd energy through the area and as well as odd bits of future tech and  mystical objects across the landscape.
- Characters can have any power type but remember to play the 'starting' version of the character. Also, don't forget flaws make a character fun to play with

3) I'd like to share world building, meaning some folks could become villains if that suits their personalities. Likewise, if you have a villain/gang/bad guy concept, share it with the group. I see opening a thread for this info.

To Propose a Character

1) Read all of this message

2) Use the code below to work up your character proposal

[CENTER][font=georgia][size=14pt]CHARACTER SHEET[/size][/font][/CENTER]

[b]NAME:[/b] (your birth name, coming up with super names can happen in game)

[b]AGE:[/b] (16+ no exceptions, yes you could play a super teacher)

[b]SEX:[/b] (Male, Female or Other - if you were transformed by something)

[b]APPEARANCE:[/b] (picture of any type or written description)

[b]ORIENTATION:[/b] (Gay, Straight, Bi, Pan-sexual)

[b]RELATIONSHIP STATUS:[/b] (Single, BF/GF=, With X but cheating on them with Y, polyamorous)

[b]TYPE:[/b] (Nerd, Jock, Delinquent, Pretty, Cheerleader, Teacher, etc. Can overlap groups)

[b]POWER THEME:[/b] (Psychic, Armor Suit, Feral Hybrid, Energy Controller, Speedster etc)

[b]FLAW:[/b] (something critical to your character like 'Exposure to X will kill me', 'Must ingest Y to live', 'Can't break a promise', 'Painfully Shy', etc. Make it fun)

[i]N.B. The Flaw is not something to 'balance' powers, it's a personality quirk, cherished habit, dolorous responsibility, deeply held fetish that can spark RP. So going to Comic Books, Spiderman's need to hold down a job but is always late due to heroing = Flaw, him running out of webbing, not a flaw, it's a power balancer.
[/i]

[b]REPUTATION:[/b]  (Should be added after you work out connections to other characters)

[b]BIOGRAPHY:[/b]  (Should be added after you work out connections to other characters)

3) Post a response to one of the writing posts below from your proposed character's point of view:

• It's the day of the big test... You're sweating it because you really need to do well on this... Studied (or not) to the best of your ability and the teacher is about to say, "Ok, begin"...
         In 3-5 paragraphs share your character's experience of the test... What did they think about... Do they have any regrets? Any Eureka moments? Do they play it straight or cheat? Give us insight into how your character deals with pressure and what they'll do when the chips are down.

• It's D-day. That girl/boy you've been admiring for so long? You're going out with them; to do something/go somewhere nice for the day. And you're going to ask them to try dating with you. You have it all planned out. It'll work. Hopefully.
         In 3-4 paragraphs, tell us how the day pans out (where do you go and what do you do in the lead up to the question?) and how your character is going to approach his/her 'proposal' to their BF/GF-to-be. Also expand on your character's thoughts and feelings throughout the day and their history with this other person and why they've fallen for them.

When you work up your concept think of a character you'd like to play if the never got powers, as it is our intention to play for a while as 'normal teenagers' before the Event happens granting characters their powers. This is to give us time to flesh out characters into three dimensional individuals whose motives, reactions, habits and foibles are developed before the complication of Superpowers (and trust me, that's what they're going to be). This isn't a game where being the fastest/strongest/most OP will actually be any fun to play, so when you envision your character, think about what your character do to make everything cooler for everyone else and you'll find you're having a blast in the game.

IC Setting Information

Major Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson High School is a large, comprehensive high school that serves the needs of a diverse student body. It has a world famous STEM program that feeds int Caltech and a theater program that has graduated more then it's fair share of stars. It's faculty are all thought leaders in their field of expertise and hail from all corners of the globe. More students graduate and go to top colleges and unversities then any other high school in the area and the financial aid rewards, in aggregate, are the highest as well. The crown jewel of the school district, it is an shining example of successful education in the 21st century. 

All characters are either students or staff from Major Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson High School in California. They've spent at least a year in school together sharing classes, attending school events and living in the same community so even the "Loner" is a known quantity, if only cursorily.  It's late November and the students are on a school trip to the Copper Mountain Ski Resort in Colorado.

OOC Setting Information

Key points of the game:

• Remember, until the Something Weird(tm) happens, no one has powers.
  • Characters can have any power type but remember to play the 'starting' version of the character. Think of this as a 'Year One' game.
  • Also, don't forget your FLAW is of critical importance, it's a big part of what makes a character fun to play with
  • All characters are on the ski trip together. Something Weird(tm) will happen in the middle of the night sending odd pulses of energy through the area as well strewing bits of future tech and mystical artifacts across the landscape.

I see this game as 50% Sandbox/50% scripted... Meaning, I'll toss out plot points and weird events for folks to react too but some things will just be handled between characters.

ie
Something goes wrong in the chemistry lab and a strange cloud of gas floats through the halls... That'd be me making Something Happen(tm).

Definitely feel free to negotiate scenes between yourselves and open IC threads for them. Label them with a catchy name, like the name of a Movie/TV episode and put  who is in the scene. Additionally it Open if anyone can join.  I will be posting threads at times for everyone to join.. Or not, whatever makes sense.

ie
Lots of Little Deaths on Prom Night, the Musical (OPEN)
Will she, won't she (Zoe & Rachel)
Bringing home the Gold (Alexander, Candii, Zoe & and Fencing fans)

I'd like to share world building, meaning some folks could become villains if that suits their personalities. Likewise, if you have a villain/gang/bad guy concept, share it with the group. I am always happy to help brainstorm ideas if you get stuck with your characters, so drop me a note in OOC or a PM.
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

assleigh

~ Current Roster of Writers ~

assleigh
Op3999
Paladin of Lust
SydneyDrew20
Vergil Tanner

As an FYI, typically writers post at least once a day, 2+ paragraphs in length are very common. This really is not the kind of game for one liners, and you can expect both 1:1 scenes as well as group scenes. Although I am the GM, I see all writers as my co-GMs as we're all working to make the game a great place to play.

Current Characters
ADULTS
1. Alexander Lucius Valentine - English Teacher, Former Stage Actor, Former Olympic Fencer,  School's Theater Director, School's Fencing Coach, School's Counselor
      POWER THEME: Molecular Manipulation
2. Miss Marie Faraday - TYPE: Science Teacher, Robotics team coach, Faculty advisor to the Comic Book club, Gaming club, Engineering club and Theromin Society (the Steampunk+Cosplay group in school)
     POWER THEME: Weird Science Gadgeteer
POPULAR KIDS
1. Candii Moore - TYPE: Pretty with aspiration of being a star (talented actress/singer)
     POWER THEME: Psychic -
2. Dante Young - TYPE: Rich, Brit Kid
     Powers: He's a Feruchemist
3. Grace (Gracie) Young - TYPE: Cheer Squad Leader, Sxhool Slut
     Powers: she is an Allomancer

JOCKS
We currently have enough Jock Applications, thanks :)

ARTSY KIDS

NERDS (Socially Awkward)
1. Erika Greene - TYPE: Wealthy girl, haunted, intellectually and creatively gifted, trauma and abuse victim, transfer student, theatre troupe pianist and occasional actress, quiet and a sociopath?
     Powers/Abilities: Memory Viewing and Withering touch
2. Harold "Harry" Pinkerton - TYPE/PERSONALITY:  Nerd.  Harry is the nice guy, the kind that would join a fight to help someone he didn't know, even if it results in him getting beat up and it usually does
     POWER THEME: Super strength
3. Clea Halliwell - TYPE: Nerd and a bit geeky, but not too strange to be considered too weird. She's a sweetheart and is considered to be an endless source of history and science facts, musician
     POWER THEME: Technopath

DELINQUENTS
1. AC (Pronounced "Ace") - Amada Caro - TYPE: Delinquent-Jock, bitchy chola with an axe to grind with the Art Crowd and just about anyone else who looks at her funny.
     POWER THEME: Jaguar Spirit Warrior
2. Elle - TYPE: Delinquent-popular kid, rule breaking troublemaker whose something of a reluctant cheerleader but the one who can get all sorts of 'party favors'.
     POWER THEME: Pyromancer, 
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

assleigh

~ Writers who have submitted Proposals ~

AribethAmkiir
Batman4560
JamesSureWould
Juggtacular
Sephora

Proposed Characters
ADULTS

POPULAR KIDS
NAME: Nichole Drake: "Girl Next Door" popular kid big into theater, sometimes class clown
     POWER THEME: Sound Manipulation – She can mimic, intensify, hush, and distort, as well as, warp, strengthen, echo, speed up, and slow down sound. 

JOCKS
NAME: Dontae Jamal King: Captain of the Football Team, Party King and one day Rapper
      POWER THEME: Density/Gravity Manipulation
NAME: Maya Morales: Record breaking Track star with academic issues
     POWER THEME: TBD

ARTSY KIDS
NAME: Cameron Grey: Perfectionist Actor
     POWER THEME: Duplication - Cameron can make copies of himself. They’re all based on the same DNA, they have the same memories, and possess something akin to a hive mind. So, Cameron can experience the things his clones do and vice versa.

NERDS
NAME: Ryan Crawford: Jockish-nerd, Hockey fiend, gamer guy
     POWER THEME: Teleportation. At the time of gaining his powers, Ryan can teleport to any place he can see or accurately visualize. (i.e. his bedroom, a location in a school.)

DELINQUENTS

My ONs and OFFs

AndyZ

Sounds cool but not really sure what I'd play.  What powers have been taken so far?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

assleigh

I'll amend the prior post with that info... Actually, slightly more important then powers is that we're missing some Types... Meaning we need a Sports Star, Student Government folks, Stoners, and such.... Do you have a concept or idea, Andy?

My ONs and OFFs

AribethAmkiir

Paladin of Lust

Well, that's great! We'll be looking forward to seeing your character proposal! ^_^
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

Le List of Lust (My ONs & OFFs)

assleigh

My ONs and OFFs

Juggtacular

I'll be the All-Star Athlete who is also into music(Rap/R&B). And he likes to blaze a blunt now and then.  O8)

Vergil Tanner

Oh will you now? ;) We certainly need the Jock archetype filled, but make sure to flesh out his character before deciding his power. As the opening post says, this is a character driven RP, so make sure that your character is interesting both in his bio and in terms of the drama he will cause as he bounces off of the other characters :D And make sure that your power doesn't clash with anybody. :P If you come up with a concept bio, we'll go over it with a fine tooth comb and tell you what we think :)
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Juggtacular

Vergil Tanner

I think - I might be wrong, so apologies in advance if this is the case - that you work up the bio AND the writing sample (see the Writing Prompts) in this thread, and if you get approved, then you move onto the next stage, which is chatting with the other players about how your character knows them and interacts with them. In your concept bio, try to avoid including other characters until you've had a chance to talk to them. Also, we have quite a lot of straight-A students, so maybe staying away from excellent grades might be an idea (winkwinknudgenudge). The name of the game is variety, after all. Well, it's "We Could Be Heroes," but you get what I mean. :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Juggtacular

Oh okay. Just got here today and saw people already had characters but I saw no sheets so I assumed I was sending a PM. I'll try and have something up later today.

Vergil Tanner

Oh no, people have character sheets, it's just that the majority of the players already went through this on the site where this started before it got moved here. We aren't that far in, but you can review the existing characters once Assh has locked the thread. Those are the currently accepted characters, with an extra two or three waiting for final approval.  :-) If you post up a concept bio using the template, then we can go through it and hopefully point out any issues. :-)

assleigh

To be clear, the Proposal sheet is in the first post (sorry it's a bit long) as are the writing prompts... Follow directions and post your writing in this thread. If you have any questions ask em here too.

Juggtacular - Sounds like a good start... Look forward to seeing your proposal

My ONs and OFFs

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Vergil Tanner

I'm afraid not. If you read the post marked "Current Roster" (the first post after the topic post), you will see that we already have a computer Geek technopath...sorry. If you take a look at the roster, that will give you an idea of the characters we already have, as well as the gaps we need filling.

AndyZ

Ah, okay.  Looked in the nerds and didn't see one.  Mea culpa.

Vergil Tanner

That's not a problem; people miss things sometimes. *shrug*. If you have another idea, though, feel free to pitch it.

Juggtacular

CHARACTER SHEET

NAME: Dontae Jamal King

SEX: Male

APPEARANCE: He stands about 6'3, which means he's taller than a lot of people, but not so tall that people crane their necks up at him much. He's roughly 240lbs, but as shown, it's all muscle thanks to a life time of sports, eating right, and exercise. He's a handsome young man as well, and the ladies seem to love his smile. He has soft, hazel eyes that seem to draw you in and disarm you. He's from a well off family so he tends to dress well, and tends to flash his cash now and then with jewelry or custom shoes, things like that.               

ORIENTATION: Straight

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single for the moment

TYPE: Popular Jock with dreams of becoming a rapper

POWER THEME: Density/Gravity Manipulation

FLAW: Negative World View - Despite looking good and being funny and everything like that, Dontae from a young age has always felt like people only like him for the materialistic side of things. The parties, the clothes, cars, the expensive jewelry...even letting friends borrow money like it's nothing. He always fears that one day he'll find out that his "friends" are just hangers on because he's got wealth and status. It happened once before and he dreads it happening again.

REPUTATION:  (Should be added after you work out connections to other characters)

BIOGRAPHY:  Born in Atlanta, Georgia to a famous athlete and a Japanese pop star, Dontae had his passions instilled in him from a young age, just from being around his family. His dad got him into sports at an early age and he excelled in football, basketball, and anything to do with fighting. His mom got him voice and dance lessons and all that stuff as well. Aside from the repetition, he enjoyed it as he was a kid and he was having fun. After a few years, he got a little brother, and a year after that, a twin boy and girl. Life was normal for his family pretty much up until he turned 16. That was the year that Dontae felt the need to reevaluate his life.

The rest of the family were going to visit his mom's family in Tokyo for the weekend, but Dontae had a late practice that Friday, followed by a game Saturday and an award ceremony Sunday. He wasn't able to make it, so he stayed home and told them they could skype with him when they got there. The practice went fine, and he got the game winning touchdown. But that night, his friends wanted to throw a party in celebration. Somehow his house got selected as the party spot, and at that point it was like a snowball rolling downhill.

In just a few hours everything was set up, and his house was raging with people. Drunk, happy, high people with lowered inhibitions. That was when he heard what people really had to say. "Who's house is this? Some rich kid...that guy on the football team. King? Somethin' like that. Well we should get to know each other, maybe he can help me pay off my car!" "Man I wish I lived in a place like this. I bet his mom was on her back for a loooong time to get this much money." And it kept going and going. He was the only one at the party not having fun, and after it got too late and everyone left, nobody even stayed to help him clean up...not even the people who were supposed to be his really good friends. After that his grades dropped, he started doing worse on the field and the court. His parents asked him what was wrong and he finally told them. They had a long talk and afterwards they figured that a move would help the entire family, especially Dontae. So they packed up and left Atlanta, heading up to California where the sun always shined and weed was legal.

More to add later

Scenario 2:

He exhaled deeply when his alarm went off, and with his eyes still closed a lazy hand reached over to fiddle with his phone until the sound died away. "Fuuuuuuck, what time is it?" Looking at his clock, it read 7AM, which meant he had to get ready for the day and all that good stuff. He got up, took a shower, brushed his teeth and made himself look good.

Then he put on some of his best clothes, because today was the day they'd start going out. She'd already said yes to a date, now he just had to impress her enough to take it further than that. Since she'd said yes a week ago, he'd been running around town like a fool setting everything up for the date, and today was the day. He thought about blazing up before school, but he decided against it. He needed to be good all day today if things were going to work. After breakfast, he headed off to school.

He did the usual. Classwork, turned in homework, hung out with friends, maybe skipped a class or two. After school he talked to coach and got the day off from practice, then he fond Alex. He'd seen her a few times during the day, but now they could talk. "Yooooo, pretty lady," he said with a smile as he walked up to her and leaned against her locker. They talked for a while, but eventually they each had to go their separate ways. "Remember, I'm pickin' you up at six. Be ready to have a good time." Grinning and giving her a hug, he snuck a kiss on the cheek before running off and leaving her smiling.

On the drive home, his mind drifted back to Alex. He'd had a crush on her since the day she transferred to their school from Oahu. She was beautiful, and that was the reason he liked her at first, but then he got to know her and found out they had a lot in common. She loved sports, video games...and the girl could smoke like a chimney. They became quick friends and spent a lot of time at his house just hot boxing in his room or out back by the pool.

As their friendship grew, so did their attraction, but there was that whole, "We're good friends, will a relationship ruin that" vibe going on. So for a while nobody made a move, but he finally asked her out, and today was sink or swim. When he got home he started making phone calls to make sure everything and everybody was in place. It took almost an hour, but he called back everybody and was satisfied with how things were going to turn out. He took another shower and changed clothes, then he waited. When it got to 5:30, he called Alex and told her he was on the way.

He got there at six o' clock on the dot, then went through the gentlemanly steps. He rang the door, said hello to her parents, walked her to the car, opened the door...the whole nine. She asked where they were going, and he told her it was a surprise, but she kept asking so he finally caved. "We're goin' to the boardwalk first. That's all you get though, nosy," he said before playfully booping her on the nose. They got there and parked, and when they got out, he took her hand and they began walking. It was all very romantic, just two people walking along on the boardwalk. They kept on until a guy bumped into Dontae.

"Sorry about that. I wasn't payin' attention...this pretty lady on my arm's been hoggin' all of it." The guy nodded like he understood before his face turned into a scowl. "Fuck you!" Before he could react, Dontae was on his back, courtesy of a huge shove. "The fuck?!" Alex shrieked and fell to his side, but looked up when music began blaring and everyone around them was stock still. Dontae stood up and looked around, confusion on his face, but then he turned back to the guy who pushed him. He stepped up, and pushed him back, then the guy pushed him again, and when they both cocked their arms back, they stopped.

Everyone suddenly burst into song and dance around them, with the guy getting in on it and leaving Dontae with Alex in the middle. And then, he joined in too, dancing around and getting really into it before the music slowed down and everyone began slow dancing. "Alex...I known you for a while, and you know I've had the biggest crush on you. This is our first date, but I want more than just one. Will you be my girl?" His heart was beating out of his body with worry and nervousness as he waited for a response. And when she didn't say anything he thought it had been too much; he'd made her uncomfortable or something. But then she just put her hands on his shoulders and pressed herself close against him. "You really went all out huh?" She asked with a smile. He nodded and licked his lips. "You deserve it." She put her head on his chest as they danced around before whispering a soft "Yes". After that, they continued to dance; a perfect start to a perfect night.

New Prompt
Writing Prompt #3

Friday - After School - Home

Dontae slammed on the breaks and turned the wheel of his car hard, sliding to a stop on the large circle driveway. He left his book bag in the car when he jumped out, as he seemed more focused on a crumpled piece of paper in his hand. Slamming the door, the sprinted up the steps to the front door and fumbled with the keys anxiously as he tried to find the right one. He finally did and threw the door open, then realized how much trouble he'd be in if that glass shattered from the force. He caught it, then shut it behind him gently. After that, his excitement returned.

"Yo mom, dad! I'm home and I need to talk to you!" He looked around and didn't see anyone in the rooms near the foyer, but a deep voice from the living room got his attention. "We're in here, and it better be good to interrupt this Game of Thrones marathon. They were just about to cut Ned's head off," his dad said as Dontae made his way into the room. Walking over to them, his kissed his mother on the cheek and hugged his dad, then backed up and held up the orange poster for them both to see. "It's the schools ski trip. Can I go? Last time y'all said no because mom had the big showcase back in Japan. Can I go, pleeeaaaaase?! I can't skip this thing two years in a row."

Brandon gestured for his son to hand him the poster, and he took it, then looked it over with Aiko by his side. "Well? We did keep him to ourselves last time, and he hasn't screwed up too bad this year. He smiled, knowing his dad at least was in his corner. "See mom? Please just say ye-" "DUUUUCK!!" Turning around, Dontae saw a football sailing for his head, but it was too late to move out of the way. It popped him directly in the forehead with a sick sounding slap. "Aw dammit that hurt!", he shouted as he bent over and held a hand to the tender spot on his head. Looking up, he saw his youngest brother Marcus standing there trying to hold in a laugh. "Ooooo I'm gonna kill you!" Marcus took off running and Dontae took a step after him before stopping and turning back to his parents. "Ma, can I go?" She looked him over, then the poster. "Give me a few more episodes to decide." He wasn't sure what that meant, so he just nodded before tearing off after his brother.

Several Hours Later

Dontae was holding an ice pack to his forehead and watching cartoons when a knock sounded against his door. "Come in." His mother opened the door with a smile on her face. "I talked to your dad and despite what I've heard about that ski trip, I think you deserve to go. But there are conditions. One, you don't go crazy and disgrace all of us by blowing up the lodge or something. Two, you have to buy everything you need for the trip. No asking me or your father at the last moment. You will buy everything. Wakarimasu ka?"

He knew she was serious when she switched over to Japanese. "Rikai, okāsan," he said in return with a smile on his face. He dropped the ice pack and hopped over to his mother, picking her up and kissing her on the cheek. "Watashi wa, okāsan ga anata o aishiteimasu!" "Fine, fine, put me down! I have to get back downstairs; Theon's about to betray the Starks."

Leaving him alone, his mom closed the door behind her and his thoughts drifted to the trip. So many things he wanted, no, needed to do. First of course was just running the slopes on his board. He hadn't seen any powder in a while and wanted to get a few downhill runs. After that was on location smoke session. He wanted to find a nice, undisturbed peak and just smoke, then look out over the mountain. He had a feeling he'd find nirvana or something like that if he did...and if he had friends with him, it'd just be fun regardless of what happened. And he wouldn't say no to getting it on in a tent in the middle of the night.

With all the good thoughts though came a bad one. What if he screwed up on the slopes? He hadn't been snowboarding in ages and was probably rusty. If he fell he'd never live it down. Or even worse, what if somebody started up a rumor about him while they were up there? He knew how people liked to talk, and he knew a lot of them were fakes. Smile to your face and talk shit as soon as you leave the room. Just like that his good vibes turned to bad and he began to get paranoid about the trip. He needed something to calm his nerves. Going into his closet, he opened up his goody bag.

"Fuuuuuuck man. I know mom don't like me to smoke so much, but fuck it I need this right now. 'Fore I think myself into an early grave or somethin'." He locked his door and rolled a blunt full of some nice purple kush. After that he turned on Netflix and started the IT Crowd. "Time to get toasty," he said with a smile as he lit up and took a big hit. He smoked and watched the show, watched the show and smoked. And during one joke he laughed for a minute straight and cried.

He fell over, his ribs hurting as he continued to laugh and that's when he knew it. "Oh man...I am definitely in the zone. I am...I'm in it." Looking down, he realized his blunt had gone out, so he lit the tip again and started back smoking.

Vergil Tanner

Okey dokey, we'll all take a bit to read your bio and discuss, then one of us will get back to you on this thread. :)

Juggtacular

Izaya Orihara

Curious, though I'll probably have to go for something a tad different from initially anticipated, considering some of the abilities already taken.
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Vergil Tanner

Welp, feel free to whip up a bio. HOWEVER, I must stress a point made in the initial post; create a character you would like to play even if they didn't have powers. The powers should be something you add in after the bio. Build the power around the character, not the character around the power, since this is primarily a character driven RP. Don't worry about the power until after you've crafted your character, especially given that the place we paused the RP, the characters still didn't have their powers. :)

assleigh

Juggtacular, hope you don't mind that I am doing this here but as a group we all crique each others characters and offer suggestions to one another or request clarifications about things in a character... So, in my own way, I'm saying "welcome to the deep end." First off, a couple of koodos. I like Dontae, always nice to see a nicely written character sketch and a character with a PoV. Your writing sample was fun and I liked the details you shared about Alex. If I were NPCing her I'd have some nice hooks to work with.

I need you to ditch the Homicides and PTSD.... Reading the flaw pointed out to me that we have too many characters like that already... Can I ask you to reflect on what he is to come up with another one. For example, he's a sport star who wants to be a Rapper... That could make for a bombastic 'I'mma Boss' character who lords it over everyone... Also... What if he had no Flow... Sure he WANTS to be a Rapper but what if he's talking o K-Pop for that... Skills with no street cred... Basically, the Fla should spark fun RP with others and PTSD will just put him at the back of the line.

My ONs and OFFs