God U (The Boys/Gen-V alternate universe Freeform Game) Recruitment

Started by RainyHigh, January 02, 2024, 12:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LanaN

QuoteHey! You should definitely join in. Just saying. Innocently.

;) On it!

@RainyHigh Could I reserve Bruna Dapper?

RainyHigh

Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

VVitch

Swashbuckler

Shadow Manipulation Character submitted!

Using Drew Ray Tanner as a FC

Outcast

My Ons and Offs  My A/A (updated 10/4/24)

Outcast

Character Name:  Catriona Muir
Super Hero Alias: Aegis
Villain Alias: N/A
Writer Name: Outcast
Faceclaim: Sabrina Lynn

University Year: Freshman
Roommate Preference: Unsure
Gender Identity: Female
Sexuality: Uncertain, female-inclined, probably monogamous.
Role: Student

Physical Description: tall, slender, and athletic, Cationa is still adjusting to quite how curvy she has recently become - and often dresses to emphasise her trim waist and the length of her legs rather than anything else.  She has the milky-pale skin and light dusting of freckles one might expect to go with her auburn hair; fortunately her power tends to protect her from sunburn.
Height: 5’10”
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Auburn

Personality:
♟ Analytical
♟ Awkwardly idealistic
♟ Bookworm
♟ Creative
♟ Eagerly enthusiastic nerd
♟ Unforgiving

Biography:
The Anglo-American child of parents who ‘enjoyed’ a tempestuous relationship, Catriona often served as the one thing over which they could agree to make common cause.  Her supposedly guaranteed-to-be-brilliant future would write their name in the stars, and set them up for life to boot.  Oh, and be good for her too, of course, because who wouldn’t want to be a superheroine?

With their eldest (and only Vought-enhanced) child initially identified as nothing more than a rather mediocre ‘brick’, Catriona’s parents settled upon gimmicks as the way to stand out.  Somewhat against her British father’s wishes, it was decided that Catriona could be marketed as an ‘old world’ knight, riding to the rescue of those in need: bright blade held aloft, armour gleaming, perhaps even an actual noble steed (at least for the media productions that would be made in her honour - and for which she had to start riding lessons as early as possible, of course).  Most vacations throughout her childhood and adolescence were dedicated to training her as a real-world version of a knight errant.

Her parents separated a few years ago, (but never divorced) when it seemed as if Catriona might not make it to the big leagues, but her grades gave her a shot at applying to Godolkin… and when detailed tests were conducted, the actual nature of what her power had blossomed into was revealed.  Abruptly, she ceased to be just a ‘brick’ with a gimmick, and began to explore what she could truly do.

Super Powers:.
♞ Minor physical enhancement:: can carry 500lb, and lift at least double that if braced.  Similarly, even if her Aegis is attenuated or suppressed, Catriona remains a slightly-tougher-than-average recipient of Vought’s super-serum.
♞ Aegis (Material): now suspected to be a diffusion power that disperses damaging effects (over a vast area) to render them harmless, it often seems to be an immunity / durability effect.  A direct hit from an artillery shell is unlikely to do more than dramatically ruffle her hair.  As noted below, it usually extends to anything (or anyone) she touches.  The Aegis can be consciously suppressed, to allow for things like receiving injections.  It’s not yet clear how much energy would be required to overwhelm her Aegis.
♞ Aegis (Super): similar to the material effect, Catriona tends to disperse superpowers directly targeting her.  She is not yet aware of what kind of power level is required to breach her defences if they are in full effect.
♞  Aegis (Shared): someone (or something) in contact with Catriona (or with her clothing) will receive a portion of her protective effects, unless she deliberately withholds it.  This deals in fairly simple and modestly-sized objects or individuals: e.g. ‘a window and its frame’ or ‘a person and their clothes’, rather than ‘a building’ or ‘a chain of people holding onto someone I’m touching’.  Extending the Aegis to more than one additional person will appreciably weaken her own defences.
♞ Interference Field: Catriona ‘leaks’ a tiny portion of her Aegis effect.  It’s unlikely to even be noticed, having just enough impact to nudge random chance in her immediate vicinity (e.g. a telepath randomly plucking thoughts from a crowd is unlikely to settle on someone next to her).  But she can force her Aegis out into this field, in return for greatly weakening her own defences.  With maximum effort (of the ‘cinematic nose bleed’ kind), she could provide everyone within two or three yards minor resistance to physical harm and intrusive powers, while entirely removing the Aegis from herself.

Skills:
♜ Academia: often happiest when escaping from the weight of expectations in the physical world, Catriona managed to stay on top of all of her schoolwork in spite of her parents’ efforts to focus on super-training.
♜ Art: talented by high-school standards, Catriona can draw and paint quite prettily, produce recognisable sketches of her chosen subjects, and have her work sneered at by both the pretentious and the genuinely gifted.
♜ Knight-Errantry: the result of her parents’ early efforts to give her a distinctive super-identity, Catriona has been trained in equestrianism, sword-play, the use of shields and armour, and even such things as the rudiments of heraldry.  This mostly serves to make her a good candidate for competing in the modern pentathlon.
♜ Languages: fluent in French (close to native vocabulary, only a minor accent), tourist Italian, dreadful Latin (mostly derived from heraldic mottoes), a few words of German.

Flaws/Weaknesses:
♖ Interference field: it’s minor but distinctive, and could make her presence quite easy for some other supers (or even technology) to detect or track.
♖ Unwitting Aegis: unless it’s consciously reined in, the Aegis extends to anyone in physical contact.  This not only allows her to be used for others’ defence (even if she’s unconscious), it can greatly weaken her own defences if she’s caught off-guard.
♖ Idealistic oddity: it’s not just that Catriona believes that superpowers bring great responsibilities and that people like her need to protect the weak, she also believes in such awkward things as electoral reform, the urgent need for ecological action, the importance of free access to medical care, and other politically-sensitive aspirations.
♖ Long memory: she would very much like to be a forgiving, truly charitable soul… but Catriona is painfully aware that she has a nasty tendency to dwell upon old slights.  Only recently deemed anything other than an eccentric D-Lister, she’s got a hefty store of painful memories that might rear up and bite her at awkward moments.
♖ The standard super-sensitivity to high frequency sounds.

Likes: curling up in a quiet corner with a sketchbook or a good book; the smell of books (both new and old); rock music (from ‘Dad rock’ to heavy metal); learning new things (especially when new connections can be made with older information); feeling that she’s genuinely helped people.
Dislikes: bullies (of her or other people); drunk or intoxicated people; wilful ignorance and determined stupidity; rewriting events (especially ‘formal’ history) for one’s own ends rather than to serve the truth; garlic (it’s just evil).

Player's Link to On/Offs Thread: My Os & Os
Top 5 Ons for Catriona: Athleticism, curiosity, intelligence, kindness, long legs
Top 5 Offs for Catriona: Cruelty, filth, laziness, stupidity, vanity

Other Important Information:

My Ons and Offs  My A/A (updated 10/4/24)

Miss Nyx

LanaN

Quote from: Miss Nyx on January 04, 2024, 10:15:19 AMDon’t make this even more tempting! 🤣
Is it even more tempting to say I was originally thinking of making a pair of sleazy twins? 😂

Swashbuckler

VVitch

Miss Nyx

Quote from: LanaN on January 04, 2024, 10:23:00 AMIs it even more tempting to say I was originally thinking of making a pair of sleazy twins? 😂

It seriously is. Sleazy twins are hawt. 👀

LanaN

Quote from: Miss Nyx on January 04, 2024, 10:38:51 AMIt seriously is. Sleazy twins are hawt. 👀

Always here on Discord, Nyx. HMU if you're ever interested.

Quote from: VVitch on January 04, 2024, 10:33:04 AMThis escalated so fast...

Gotta tempt everyone to the dark side, friend. Now I'll get back to finishing a post for you and leave this wonderful thread open for more people to express their interest. ;)

VVitch

Quote from: LanaN on January 04, 2024, 10:43:41 AMGotta tempt everyone to the dark side, friend. Now I'll get back to finishing a post for you and leave this wonderful thread open for more people to express their interest. ;)

I'm fairly sure I'm already there. I won't argue with a post, though.

Mellific

So happy to see so much interest here!
Rainy, can I please reserve Sabrina Carpenter? 🤞

O/O | A/A | MM

RainyHigh

Sabrina Carpenter to be reserved for ya Mel!

I, too, am just beyond thrilled a lot of interest has been garnered by amazing writers.

Rainy's Ons and Offs

Andronica

Miss Nyx

I'll claim the face of Mark Becher if you don't mind, Rainy. 😏

RainyHigh

I am updating my tracker, Andronica.
I'm so hyped!

Updated the face claim list for ya Miss Nyx~
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Primarch

LanaN

RainyHigh

Updated my tracker for CS apps!

Gonna make reviewing these my priority today.

I will probably start building some OOC threads tomorrow (approved characters, world info/announcements/weather, and the OOC chat).
Rainy's Ons and Offs

VVitch

Quote from: RainyHigh on January 05, 2024, 09:33:46 AMUpdated my tracker for CS apps!

Gonna make reviewing these my priority today.

I will probably start building some OOC threads tomorrow (approved characters, world info/announcements/weather, and the OOC chat).

Exciting, can't wait to get to write with everyone.

Miss Nyx

Quote from: VVitch on January 05, 2024, 09:37:22 AMExciting, can't wait to get to write with everyone.
Agreed. I’m probably too excited for this already.

I should wait post review of the one I’ve got already for any new character sheets buuut I’ve got another potential lingering in the back of my thoughts. 😂 If you don’t mind @RainyHigh, I’d like to also reserve Raven Lyn Corneil as a FC!

RainyHigh

Updated the reserves, Miss Nyx.

Also, be on the lookout for another approved character from Andronica. Welcome, Sable, to God U!
Rainy's Ons and Offs

VVitch

Quote from: Miss Nyx on January 05, 2024, 10:19:51 AMAgreed. I’m probably too excited for this already.

I should wait post review of the one I’ve got already for any new character sheets buuut I’ve got another potential lingering in the back of my thoughts. 😂 If you don’t mind @RainyHigh, I’d like to also reserve Raven Lyn Corneil as a FC!

Same here.

I did that too so you're not alone in jumping the gun.