TBDS-Sins of the King

Started by Wilderness Soul, March 26, 2022, 08:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilderness Soul

Sins of the King

Be it by Sword or Shield we will never waver, everything depends on it.

"A new threat has risen, strong enough to threaten both Time and Space. Word of a king from beyond the beginning of existence has begun to filter through the multiverse, one who has begun to warp and bend the laws of reality to his own whim in his desire of ultimate conquest. Can you break the threat of this King and help save the Omniverse? Join the only protectors of reality ready and able to fight back this ancient king and his equally divine underlings. The Time Blades and the Dimensional Shields, masters of magic unknown to even the most mighty of mortal mages, but with great power comes great responsibility. Disciplined and ageless they are the last line of defense against the utter subjugation and destruction of the Omniverse, home to countless dimensions and time streams as independent as they are interconnected.

But if one strand is pulled taut all will be come unraveled. Such is the fragility of our existence, but where there is evil, good must arise to counteract it for Balance is the very thing to keep all realities spinning. But life always finds a way and the is were the Blades and Shields come in. They are the Enforcers of Balance and Warriors of Existence, it is in their hands to maintain it. All walks of life can join, but not everyone is cut out for this life. Each is chosen by the very personifications  of Time and Space they look inside and see what is really there regardless of past lives. But Free Will is what it is, will the right choices be made? Or will it all come crashing down?

The Time Blades, an ancient and secret group of Chronomancers or controllers of Time. They're followers of Idan the god of Time, their job is to keep the many time stream of reality flowing smoothly. They go back in time and stop some events but they also trigger others or change them in some acute way to keep this balance, they are the blades of fate acting for the betterment of all.

One placed in such a place of power must be of indomitable and pure will to not abuse it but, as nature has shown us time and again absolute power corrupts absolutely or in this case misleads absolutely, but for the good to survive bad must sometimes be allowed. And the Time Blades must keep the balance even if that means killing this idealist and preventing a world where war is a thing of fiction and peace reins eternal.

The Dimension Shield, A group created between the flow of the Omniverse, tasked with keeping that dimensions from colliding with each other. Headed by the Guardian Ignosi, it is up to the agents to keep the realities stable and remove true anomalies and return them properly to their own dimensions.

Gifted with powers to manipulate dimensions, each agent must be of sound mind and heart to act upon any threats, from simple humans to renegade gods that threaten the realms. Only the bravest are selected to deal with a looming threat that encompasses all of the Omniverse.

Howdy all welcome to the interest check thread for the RP, Sins of the Kings run by Azaco and Wilderness Soul. This will be a high power high action story, where our actions can have ramifications beyond our wildest dreams, still we do have a set end game in mind, this RP will be that journey to that end. But we also have plenty in mind to keep everyone going and interested. This RP will be equal part Freeform and set story hopefully streamlined and maintained by the two of us.

This RP will be a big one, not in thread wise but in possibilities. As we are dealing with the concept of an omniverse that means the realms of creation can be damn near limitless, as such we must place this restriction right here right now.  OCs from any verse are allowed, even your own original verse, but no one important to that verse, or super powerful in that verse. I.E. you can play an original character from Avatar: The Last Airbender, but you can't play Katara or the Avatar themselves nor anyone with equivalent powers to the Avatar. Also anyone picked will need some kind of useful skill in combat or tactics. Joe Everyman with a nine-to-five job and no military training will not be picked to join the Blades. And Mary Jane out having drinks with her girls will not be allowed to join the Shields unless she's a super hacker in her downtime.

Hopefully that'll help everyone decide!

Also here is the glimpse of the character skeleton if anyone wants to pre-game.

Players can be the Time Blades Ranks of

Journeyman= Lieutenant(limit to one)

Watchman= Sergeant Major(limit to two)

Vanguard= Sergeant(limit to three)

Follower= Private(open)

And for the Shields

Warden=Lieutenant(limit to one)

Knight=Sergeant Major(limit to two)

Guard= Sergeant(limit to three)

Squire=Private(open) 

Skeleton for both factions

Name:
Biological Gender:
Sexuality:

Appearance(pic and description):

Race:
Homeverse:

Faction:

Racial Skills and Abilities(limit of 4):

Normal Skills and Abilities(limit of 5):

Weapons(Limit of 4 weapons):

Augs(Limit of 3):

Personality:

Character Likes:

Character Dislikes:

Background:

Player O/Os:

That's the end of the pitch! Thank you for reading down this far! Obviously we'll tweak things and add more nuances should this make to an OOC, but hopefully it'll be enough to gain interest. This thread will be open to questions and comments, and don't worry if no idea jumps out to you if we make it to OOC both our PMs boxes will be open for assistance.

Chi

This looks interesting, I'll throw my hat in and see who else shows up to the party!
~~~ Language is my canvas, and words are my palette. Wanna finger paint?  ~~~

Wilderness Soul

Haha there's one, glad to have you Chi.

Chi

Looking forward to see this hon!

Wilderness Soul

Going to be a fun one!

So with us Gms there are four people interested. That should be enough for an OOC. But will wait a couple more days, anyone reading this thread feel free to voice your interest or ask questions. Myself or Azaco are on nearly every day to answer things.

Azaco

I am looking forward to seeing how this all works out in the end

Wilderness Soul

Wilderness Soul

Alright this RP is open for another round of new joiners. No need to read over the IC thread, but the OOC is in the same place as it was in the last post.

We have a small cast still and would love to see more people joining our ranks for both big story missions and small one-on-one style missions between players!

Kadigan

I am definitely interested in trying to come up with something. Can I ask what canons might already be I use?

Wilderness Soul

All the chars are OCs from original universes right now actually. So all are wide open to more OCs. What do you have in mind?

shengami

Oh, sort of tempted to bring something in from 40k universe. But, is the game run in threads with a massive cast? I prefer small groups. Hard to get a read on how things stand now from the ooc.
Am I on the hunt for a story? - Not especially...
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Wilderness Soul

OOO that would be fun to see.

We are a very small group right now only four or five depending if I hear from my fifth member who has been radio silent for a bit. And right now we only have three threads. One for our main mission ICs which is soft closed right now as we get things moving again, we have a sandbox style IC called the Resting Star where our characters rest and relax between mission and our OOC of course.

OOC

Time Sanctum(mission IC)

The Resting Star(downtime IC)

My co-gm and I are debating to add one more for our small one-on-one missions but that's up in the air so just those three.

shengami

Alright, when I get home tonight, I'll look into what's up. Right now, I have very little time.

I am tempted to bring in a commissar or an adeptus sororitas or maybe even a chaos space marine. Not sure yet.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Chi

I'm reading our one-on-one missions as having sound tracks that have a bow-chicka-bow-wow 70s type music playing in the background lol

shengami

Angeles Cecedit

Name: Cadman Ungolliante (aka Angeles Cecedit, no one knows his real name.)

Biological Sex: Male
Gender Identity: Technically Agender, Performs masculinity
Sexuality: Asexual/Gynephilia

Appearance:
Angeles in his Armor
Angeles without Armor
Angeles is a typical specimen of his type. He stands just over nine feet tall and weighs about 800 lbs when not in his armor. With the armor, he adds another half a foot and several hundred more pounds of metal and ceramics. Typically, Angeles keeps his hair shorn short but is remiss in shaving his beard. His eyes are deep and piercing. His form is riddled with scars and arcane symbols. Running up and down his left arm is a litany of locations and numbers associated with each. Above his left eyebrow are a half-dozen metal studs imbedded directly in his skull. Typically, he dresses in spartan, off-white robes and little to nothing else. This means that the various ports he uses to interface with his armor are always exposed. He has a penchant for stillness that makes even his bulk seem to blend into the background. The last notable feature is the criss-crossing network of scars Angeles bears proudly. In particular, a nasty scar running from just under his jaw down along his chest and below his waist.

Race: Enhanced Human (Adeptus Astartes/Space Marine)
Homeverse: Imperium of Man (Warhammer 40k)

Faction: Dimension Shields

Normal Skills and Abilities(limit of 5):
Advanced melee combat (unarmed, chainsword, and combat blade)
Advanced marksmanship (thousands of hours of training and actual combat)
Tactical Acumen (Possess the artificial memories of hundreds of his brothers from thousands of battles)
Counter-intelligence Acumen (hundreds of years as an outlaw has made him good at hiding)
Painter (he was a monk, ya know?)

Racial Skills and Abilities(limit of 4):
Superhuman Strength and Stamina - about (standard human)2
Superhuman speed (~30-40mph on foot and in armor)
Can operate for about two weeks without sleep (turns off rotating areas of the brain)
Extended Lifespan (Probably immortal if not killed)

Faction Abilities:
Dimensional Shield The shield that is a symbol of his office. Used to control magic as well as being a shield.
Dimensional Space He keeps mostly reloads for his pistol here, but will store his pendant for safety when going into battle.
Dimensional Summon (his armor) Angeles has used this ability to attune it to his armor and keeps it there when not using it.

Weapons(Limit of 4):
Bolt Pistol - a short range weapon that fire self-propelled explosive rounds. 6 round clip, .75 calibre. Capable of three round bursts.
Powered Armor - a suit of armor that incorporates several auspexes and augmentation systems. Unwearable without the black carapace. Grenade dispense, jump assist backpack, ammo and sheath for blade.
Broadsword - A simple weapon of steel about 8' long.
Combat Knife - a simple knife of carbon and steel. Probably a short sword for anyone smaller.

Personal Effects: Robes that fit him armored and unarmored. Desecrated purity seals. Garnet charm shaped as a drop of blood on a necklace.

Augs(Limit of 5):
Neuroglottis - Gland implanted into nasal cavity. enhanced sense of taste and smell. Able to differentiate food from toxins and track by scent.
Betcher's Gland Saliva gland that creates mildly acidic saliva for breaking down potential food and can be spit. Weak acid requires exposure to eyes or open wounds to cause harm.
Black Carapace - An epidural organic/machine interface system that links his armor directly to his nervous system.
Multi-lung Third lung which can derive oxygen from various environments and filters blood of toxins.
Secondary Heart A small secondary hear that increases blood circulation to distribute nutrients and oxygen

Personality: Angeles is dour. He does his best, subconsciously, to make that his entire personality. He refers to himself as unforgiven and unforgivable. He seems to be serving some self-imposed penance for a crime committed in his distant youth. He won't speak of it nor explain, but he throws himself into the duties he has come to in the Dimension Shields. This dedication ahs seen him rise to the rank of Knight but his refusal of certain management type duties has seen him refuse further promotion. He prefers the life of a grunt on the front lines. He eagerly and fervidly seeks to volunteer for anything Disastrous or above but never shirks when assigned to anything less. When not fighting, he is training. When not training, he is fighting. In the rare moment he is doing neither, he paints. Mostly still life with a penchant for vases of flowers and dangerous predators. This is the only time he is ever seen to smile.

Character Likes(sexual and non): duty, combat, predatory animals, hunting, training, painting.

Character Dislikes(sexual and non): Laziness, Arrogance, Personal questions, Cowards.

Background: Angeles was born under another name nearly a thousand years ago, as far as he can tell, on the world of Terra during the time of the great Crusade. As a youth, he was selected for and put through the trials to join the emperor's legions. He was made a member of the first legion, the Dark Angels. He was there when the world of Caliban was found and his legion united with their progenitor. He was on the front lines during the great Crusade. And he recalls the bitter taste at being left to defend the homeworld with all the other Terran-born marines. He stood with Luther when they rebelled. He fled into the warp when they lost.

For hundreds of years, he wandered the Imperium of man and saw the lives lived there. Lives of misery, labor, and torture. He could not regret his choice to rebel against the emperor of mankind, but he did regret his rebellion against Lion el'Johnson. Still, the loyal brothers of his former legion now hunted him and he fled before them time and time again. No matter what, after a time, they would find him again and he would flee again. Each time, he found a place and a people that needed help and he gave it. Slowly but surely he worked his eternal penance.

Then, one day, nearly 600 years into his existence, the man known as Angeles fled once more. This time through the warp. Except, when he came out, this time the imperium of man was just one possible realm of existence. One he no longer belonged to. He saw the multiverse for what it was and took up the burden to defend it. For, there was nothing but terror should the ruinous powers ever find there way here. Too, here he could serve his penance without being hunted again. Still, a part of him worries that one of his loyalist brothers will find there way here some day.

Player O/Os

Well, there's my idea. Look good?
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Wilderness Soul

Very interesting character Shengami. Post him in the OOC and I'll see what my co gm thinks about it when he comes back online.

Off the top of my head though my only question is how will he interact with the others in downtime? I don't know the 40k universe myself.

Chi: lol that is entirely possible.

shengami

Can do. He'll be a bit stoic and stayed in the downtime. I expect that him becoming part of the team will be an integral part of his character arc.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Wilderness Soul

Awesome one down, anyone else still sitting on the fence about this we in fact have two canon universe being used.

Shengami's warhammer, and I forgot my pirate captain Sebastian Grimm is from the Dragon Age universe, born and raised in Kirkwall in the Free Marches and his life happened between the events of Dragon Age 2 and Dragon Age Inquisition.

Open to lots of people still.

Wilderness Soul

Wilderness Soul

Still looking for people to join our fun and games!

Wilderness Soul

Enrollment is still open to anyone looking for a high powered RP where the fate of all creation is at stake!

Wilderness Soul

Once more our story is about hop into another big mission getting ready to dive into a world of sin and depravity. Is anyone else willing to join us?

Wilderness Soul