Garage Tunes for the soul (Band roleplay- All Roles Filled)

Started by Bekah Boo, January 29, 2018, 12:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bekah Boo

Quote from: Haru329 on March 08, 2018, 11:42:17 AM
Haha almost there. ;D
Was it decided where the band's hometown is? I saw Nebraska and Georgia mentioned. Could be that I'm incredibly blind though lol.

Lol we went back and forth though I think the Georgia area is most ideal; Bible Belt and all lol.

Lyron

Quote from: Bekah Boo on March 08, 2018, 12:04:13 PM
Lol we went back and forth though I think the Georgia area is most ideal; Bible Belt and all lol.
Thanks!

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

Bekah Boo

Only one position left!
Searching for our lead guitarist!

Lyron

Player Name: Haru329
Name: Zak Griffin
Sex: Male
Orientation: Bisexual
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 162
Character description (pictures are accepted): Blue-green eyes, brown hair that's usually spiked in some manner, and a slab of muscle from time in the gym. His sense of style is usually some t-shirt, usually black, and jeans. He has one tattoo (where and what to be decided).

More pictures

Band Position: Lead Guitar
Personality: Not even a star yet, and Zak already walks through life like a rock god persona: an arrogant, leave-no-stone-unturned, I-do-what-I-want attitude with a dash of promiscuity and an obnoxious, cynical mouth to roll the eyes of the stuck-up suburbanites. Fake it 'til you make it, right? Or something like that. A little of it's dramatized for the public because it gives him entertainment; he's more down to earth and amicable around the band, with a dose of (supposedly) good-natured mischief and hundreds of hours of practice under his belt to show he's serious about the guitar. Although maybe not the type to own his wrongdoings or consider how his actions impact others, practically raising himself has given him a desire for independence and some sense of responsibility in that regard. Clinginess gives him hives. Last but not least, he's stubborn, sometimes going to great lengths to make a point, even if it's at his own detriment.
History: Once upon a time, a girl named Sedusa fell in love with a singer, and she skipped to Miami with him on the dreams of him making it big. As time passed, the chances seemed slim, but she stuck with him when his first band fell apart, when he struggled to find another, when the next one seemed doomed to playing at nothing more than local gigs. She even had his child during their throes of passion. It wasn't exactly part of the plan, but it enamored her to him all the more, and Sedusa waited for that moment he would propose. It never came. The clock struck midnight when Brothers of the Beat scored their first hit single, turning him into a ghost that haunted them in the form of checks in the mail, even after their fame tapered off a couple years later.

She wouldn't go crawling back to her parents. That would prove they were right all along. They moved to her home state of Georgia, though, and lived in a trailer park while Sedusa used the silence money/child support to better herself...and sampled the local meat on the side. Zak was in second grade when the move happened, where he quickly knew babysitters more than his own mother, until he was old enough to stay home alone. He hung out with the other kids in the park and wailed on his kiddie drum set, the only thing he got from his dad besides the last name, which he kept even when Sedusa sank her fangs in some well-off guy. She married him before Zak started eighth grade. Not much changed, and yet it did: a bigger home, in which he was primarily left to his own devices, and a new town, which set the stage for his future, not just because of the band that he would later join but also for the guitar his new step-daddy won him over with. What could Zak say? He was easy. It was that for which he had the most passion, and it became his ticket into the band. Stealing the lead guitar from some other douchebag? It seemed like a win to him, not to mention this band had a good chance of making it big, and he wanted to have a better run than his dad (not that he's been such an open book about the relation).

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

CurvyKitten

I keep looking at this one and wondering if this may be open to another female or is it still looking for males still?

Bekah Boo

Quote from: CurvyKitten on March 09, 2018, 10:34:55 PM
I keep looking at this one and wondering if this may be open to another female or is it still looking for males still?

Hey Curvy ;3

While I would say having more males would be nice I wouldn't be opposed to another girl, I have one other person interested at the moment though so if he falls through I'll hit you up ;3

Though don’t be shy as I am still accepting all applications.

CurvyKitten

Aww ~pouts~ No biggy. Thanks for getting back to me. I had an idea for lead guitarist, a character I've been itchy to play since she popped into my head. So if the spot in the band ends up being open let me know. :) Wish you all the rp goodness in the world though!

Bekah Boo

Currently doing a reboot of this story:

Roles needed are Singer and Rhythm guitar, as well as some roadies/tech if there are any interested.

Please message me all info as it's easier for me to keep up with.

Lux12

I have a few ideas for singer and rhythm guitarist. I'll have to have to run at least one of them by to see if they're a good fit.

Bekah Boo

Quote from: Lux12 on July 25, 2018, 06:42:10 PM
I have a few ideas for singer and rhythm guitarist. I'll have to have to run at least one of them by to see if they're a good fit.

No worries ;3
Just drop me a message ;3

BlueEyedBard

Hey guys, thought I might drop in a character request for the lead singer.
Let me know if this works for you!

Player Name: Blueeyedbard
Name: Otto Fischer
Sex: Male
Orientation: Straight (except for when he is very drunk or very high. Then all bets are off)
Height: 1.85 meters
Weight: 84kg
Character description (pictures are accepted):
Otto is tall and slender, with barely an ounce of body fat on him. This was due to a diet of primarily caffeine and nicotine. He is covered in piercings and tattoos. Some of which done in a less than professional setting, giving him the scars to go with. Then again, how to discern the scars from bad tats, apart from the scars from fights, would be a challenge all its own.

Band Position: Singer
Personality: when it comes to people he doesn't know, Otto is the strong, silent type, on the verge of being the angry violent type. Even the fans of the band don't always claim him as their favorite, seeing him as a bit of an asshole. Though the fans that get him, and are into his fuck the world and everyone in it attitude, he is a huge favorite.
To his friends he is always quick with a joke and ready to leand a hand when needed. While he may be very rough around the edges, he is fiercely loyal. The type who would run head first into a fist fight for you, without even asking why, and at the end of the night he would be sitting right next to you in a jail cell saying "They're lucky the fuzz showed up. Another minute and we'dve killed 'em"
History:
Otto was born in Munich, Germany to a mother and father who had no business having children. Both alcoholics and recreational drug users, who skirted between jobs every couple of weeks or so, and could barely remember that they needed to put food on the table, let alone put aside for it. Because of this Otto grew up mostly as a hood on the streets.

He always had friends, and he always stuck with them, through good and bad. Unfortunately, most of it was bad. Vandalism mostly, and shoplifting now and then. Not out of need, just because that's what his friends did, and they were all he had. So that's what he did. Even when things shifted to drinking, and smoking weed, he didn't shy away. After all, look at his upbringing.

If there was one good thing about his friends, it was that they were very in with the music scene in the area, and Otto got to experience different bands of all kinds. He started writing lyrics, and then music (though crudely). There was even a time when he was invited to sing for some musicians that were in between a front man at the time, and learned that he actually had a great voice and presence for the stage.

Of course playing around with music could only happen at the club's late at night. During the day you had to figure out a way to get cash.
His friends convinced him to boost a car with them. That was his first run in with the police. After an inspection of his home, the social worker sent him to live with his grandma in America. Land of opportunity. That's when he really started to focus on his music writing, and worked to find a band of his own.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Bekah Boo

Whowhatwhere

Still looking for roadies? I want to play a big guy. Knows audio & electronics well, turns out to be a really good guitarist but has really bad anxiety. Humble, but bitter.
The O's and the A's --- AFK every weekend

BlueEyedBard

I think we need a guitarist more. Why not make him into that?
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Bekah Boo

Quote from: Whowhatwhere on July 30, 2018, 01:54:20 PM
Still looking for roadies? I want to play a big guy. Knows audio & electronics well, turns out to be a really good guitarist but has really bad anxiety. Humble, but bitter.

We are but yes we're looking more so for a guitarist at the moment, which could be something worked into his character sheet if you want to go ahead and fill one out and send to me.

Whowhatwhere

Possibly. So, he could be a really good guitarist but he has stage fright and so he consigned himself to playing the easier guitar parts, perhaps?
The O's and the A's --- AFK every weekend

Bekah Boo

Quote from: Whowhatwhere on July 31, 2018, 08:50:52 AM
Possibly. So, he could be a really good guitarist but he has stage fright and so he consigned himself to playing the easier guitar parts, perhaps?

Why don’t you send me a profile and we’ll see what we can do ;3
A shy character is always welcome in the den of lions we have going on ;3

Bekah Boo

All slots are full!
If there are any still interested the positions of roadies are still available~

Bekah Boo

Rhythm guitarist needed to fill out the roster!
Get it while it's hot ;3

Devilyn Sydhe

This has held my interest for a while now so, if I can get a sheet together in time, I would like to be considered for the rhythm guitarist role.

Bekah Boo

Quote from: KalebHyde on August 02, 2018, 12:16:11 PM
This has held my interest for a while now so, if I can get a sheet together in time, I would like to be considered for the rhythm guitarist role.

Glad to hear that ;3
The role is on hold for you so take your time.