Eberron: Age of Worms (Pathfinder) - Full

Started by TheKhan, February 10, 2012, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crovonovin

Ah, thanks.  I think I reset the sheet and forgot to allocate my lonely skill point.  Fixed that.  Also, he worships Boldrei (Goddess of the Hearth).

I must say I'm not exactly up to speed (some of) the world events going on at the point the game begins.  Why have guardsmen been discharged from larger cities in recent years?

TheKhan

No, reason, it happens on any police force. But Neff and Cubbin both recruit types that are more thugs and bullies than honest lawmen.

Crovonovin

Makes sense.  Garrett's probably pretty soured over the way the higher ups are managing things, but he's not the sort to make waves when his family is counting on his salary.

Brandon

Not knowing a thing about the setting, I wrote this up for Golarian. Figuring that the names could be interchangeable with places in Ebberon

Osara Achærruš
Name: Osara Achærruš
Race: Elf
Class: Sorceress (elemental bloodline)
Alignment: CG
Character sheet: http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9243

Personality: Osara puts up a front that says she doesn't care about anyone but herself, making her fit in perfectly in Riddleport. However the truth is she wants to be a good person but has never had the chance to be anything but a criminal.

She doesn't trust anyone when they first meet and its slow to gain her trust but she puts up a front of friendship and cooperation, always trying to stay one step ahead of others as she expects a knife in the back.

Her sorceress powers are something shes curious about but at the same time she doesn't want to know to much about them. They are both a boon and a bane making her utterly unique but also robbing her of the chance to be normal.

Background: Osara was born in Riddleport over a hundred years ago, she has no idea who her parents were because her earliest memories are of growing up in a small Pharasman orphanage. After a little over a decade she had enough of the rules and inevitable beatings she endured when she was anything less then perfect. So she escaped into Riddleport's streets and fell in with a bad crowd for the sake of survival.

She ended up running con's through the streets for a few decades and forming a criminal organization. The entire time watching the people around her growing older and it soon changed the dynamic as whenever someone passed that age of thirty or so they refused to take orders from a "kid". Eventually it lead to a coup d'état in her organization but the attempted assassination awakened her sorceress powers. After killing a few people and starting a massive wildfire that ravaged the city she let the survivors have what was left of her organization and disappeared into the shadows of time.

She laid low for over a decade, staying in hiding and coming out only to steal supplies. The rest of her time was spent deep underground practicing with her arcane powers to learn control over them. When she came out of hiding she had full control over her beginning powers and soon put them to use by using them to cheat in various games of chance all over the city. She was never caught but she earned herself a significant fortune over the years, nice enough to afford her a proper apartment instead of the hole she had spent the last decade in.

Now having spent over a century in Riddleport and having been wanted and declared dead at least a half dozen times Osara is looking for some legitimate work as she hopes and prays to find a better life.

Also, I didnt see it mentioned so I need to ask. Do we get any traits?
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

TheKhan

Quote from: Brandon on February 12, 2012, 11:48:06 AM
Not knowing a thing about the setting, I wrote this up for Golarian. Figuring that the names could be interchangeable with places in Ebberon

Osara Achærruš
Name: Osara Achærruš
Race: Elf
Class: Sorceress (elemental bloodline)
Alignment: CG
Character sheet: http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9243

Personality: Osara puts up a front that says she doesn't care about anyone but herself, making her fit in perfectly in Riddleport. However the truth is she wants to be a good person but has never had the chance to be anything but a criminal.

She doesn't trust anyone when they first meet and its slow to gain her trust but she puts up a front of friendship and cooperation, always trying to stay one step ahead of others as she expects a knife in the back.

Her sorceress powers are something shes curious about but at the same time she doesn't want to know to much about them. They are both a boon and a bane making her utterly unique but also robbing her of the chance to be normal.

Background: Osara was born in Riddleport over a hundred years ago, she has no idea who her parents were because her earliest memories are of growing up in a small Pharasman orphanage. After a little over a decade she had enough of the rules and inevitable beatings she endured when she was anything less then perfect. So she escaped into Riddleport's streets and fell in with a bad crowd for the sake of survival.

She ended up running con's through the streets for a few decades and forming a criminal organization. The entire time watching the people around her growing older and it soon changed the dynamic as whenever someone passed that age of thirty or so they refused to take orders from a "kid". Eventually it lead to a coup d'état in her organization but the attempted assassination awakened her sorceress powers. After killing a few people and starting a massive wildfire that ravaged the city she let the survivors have what was left of her organization and disappeared into the shadows of time.

She laid low for over a decade, staying in hiding and coming out only to steal supplies. The rest of her time was spent deep underground practicing with her arcane powers to learn control over them. When she came out of hiding she had full control over her beginning powers and soon put them to use by using them to cheat in various games of chance all over the city. She was never caught but she earned herself a significant fortune over the years, nice enough to afford her a proper apartment instead of the hole she had spent the last decade in.

Now having spent over a century in Riddleport and having been wanted and declared dead at least a half dozen times Osara is looking for some legitimate work as she hopes and prays to find a better life.

Also, I didnt see it mentioned so I need to ask. Do we get any traits?

I always forget about traits. Yes you get two.

The character looks interesting, she should be fairly easy to integrate. The interesting impact it will have on her is that she likely lived through all 102 years of the Last War, which makes it easier for her to lose her history and start over, but means she'll have seen some very nasty things in her time. I'd suggest she actually began her life in Regalport of the Lhazaar Principalities before coming to Aundair.

Katina Tarask

TheKhan

Quote from: Katina Tarask on February 12, 2012, 03:54:35 PM
A draft.

Only one nitpick... Even if she's a young adult half-elf, Arcanthus should be at least two to three years older. Other than that, looks great!

Everyone: Given that two of the three characters accepted so far are arcane casters, and we have both a psion and cleric on their way, I'd suggest that the last character be skill based. I will not be allowing any more primary casters.

Katina Tarask

Bumped ages up a couple years.  Swapped out Accursed Hex (which was useless without an appropriate hex) for Extra Hex: Slumber.

Brandon

Quote from: TheKhan on February 12, 2012, 04:37:58 PM
Only one nitpick... Even if she's a young adult half-elf, Arcanthus should be at least two to three years older. Other than that, looks great!

Everyone: Given that two of the three characters accepted so far are arcane casters, and we have both a psion and cleric on their way, I'd suggest that the last character be skill based. I will not be allowing any more primary casters.

For anyone looking into a skill monkey, i think its worth mentioning that Osara will pretty much be maxing all the conversation skills. So they dont have to worry about Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, and sense motive
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

zengal

I'm really interested in this RP. But I have to ask: I'm not really at all familiar with the pathfinder setting [I've quite a bit of experience in the system itself though]. Would that still be okay? I can have a profile with all the stats and such ready by tonight, but I may need to research before doing background info. And I normally play skill monkeys first place, so no problem there. :p
...and I suppose any part of us that can only be seen by others is a Dark part.
I feel that about the small of my back, too, and the nape of my neck.
They are Dark: they are erotic zones as in the tropics whereas Paris is straightforward and bright about it all.
A coal miner has kind of a sexy occupation -- though I'm sure it's painful down there... but so is Lust.
Of Light we can never have enough but how would we find it unless the Darkness urged us on and into it.
I am Dark except, when -- now and then -- it all comes clear and I can see myself as others luckily sometimes see me in a good light.

Crovonovin

The game is going to take place in Eberron, so there's no need to research Pathfinder's setting (Golarion).

zengal

Oh~ well, I'm sorry to say my point still stands. I'm not used to too many D&D settings in general. ^^; But I am always willing to read up on it.
They are Dark: they are erotic zones as in the tropics whereas Paris is straightforward and bright about it all.
A coal miner has kind of a sexy occupation -- though I'm sure it's painful down there... but so is Lust.
Of Light we can never have enough but how would we find it unless the Darkness urged us on and into it.
I am Dark except, when -- now and then -- it all comes clear and I can see myself as others luckily sometimes see me in a good light.

Brandon

If you want to know more about Golarian I recomend this wiki. It has the most complete info that I know of (even more complete then the inner sea book)

Anyway, I know nothing about Ebberon myself and the GM assisted. I would say write what you can, add in names of places that may or may not exist (no campaign has every small village listed). Hopefully it will be interchangeable like mine was and he can give some ideas of where to put it

TheKhan

What they said. Eberron has it's own aspects that make it unique, but you should pick up on it pretty quick. The biggest impact it will have on your background is that the whole continent has been in a civil war for the last 102 years. Otherwise do your best and we should be able to make it work.

Although, if you want something quick to read and get some background, take a look here. All of those articles are written by Eberron's creator and give a lot of detail in a surprisingly short space.

Brandon

You know thats something that just boggles my mind. In fantasy settings we hear about these 50 year to 100 year long wars that are supposed to have fighting going on nearly the whole time. Maybe its because I was a soldier but I cant fathom how that would work without extremely long cease fires like North and South Korea have going on right now. You would waste so much material and personel that you couldnt fight with any effectiveness

BraveEarth

Quite, although I would wonder how the effects of magic and defending against monsters and such have for the fighting. Technically only 3 characters have been Accepted right TheKhan?

Katina Tarask

Quote from: Brandon on February 12, 2012, 10:31:13 PM
You know thats something that just boggles my mind. In fantasy settings we hear about these 50 year to 100 year long wars that are supposed to have fighting going on nearly the whole time. Maybe its because I was a soldier but I cant fathom how that would work without extremely long cease fires like North and South Korea have going on right now. You would waste so much material and personel that you couldnt fight with any effectiveness
Well, armies of tireless robots help with the personnel issues.

zengal

Funny thing, Brandon, I was using the exact wiki.
And thanks for the link, TheKhan. It looks nice and organized. :3

Anyways, turns out I didn't finish the sheet because I took my meds too early and now the drowsiness is kicking in, but I should be able to finish up later.

Brandon

Quote from: Katina Tarask on February 12, 2012, 10:46:18 PM
Well, armies of tireless robots help with the personnel issues.

For some reason i just got the idea of a harem of insatiable female warforged waiting for me :P

More seriously, this would hurt resources much more quickly if you were essentially trading them for people. It may be even less sustainable and I only say may be because there might have been a large surplus in materials

Callie Del Noire

I'd like to do Eberron again.. but for the life of me I can't come up with a character I like.

BraveEarth

I think I have an idea and want to work on a character sheet but this is not a skill based character... Basically She is the newborn Half-Elf child of Diamond Lake's Bowyer/Fletcher (Mother) who while knows the skill has no desire to live her days in Diamond Lake and hates how decayed and corrupt the people in charge are, so she sees a Sword for hire as a way out and a way for her to move on to carve a path in life.

TheKhan

Quote from: BraveEarth on February 12, 2012, 10:41:13 PM
Quite, although I would wonder how the effects of magic and defending against monsters and such have for the fighting. Technically only 3 characters have been Accepted right TheKhan?

Technically yes, but since they both have fully completed character sheets and have run their character concepts past me, I would be remiss to bump either of them while there is still another slot to fill.

Katina Tarask

Quote from: Brandon on February 12, 2012, 11:52:19 PM
For some reason i just got the idea of a harem of insatiable female warforged waiting for me :P

More seriously, this would hurt resources much more quickly if you were essentially trading them for people. It may be even less sustainable and I only say may be because there might have been a large surplus in materials
Of course, when you can open a gate to the elemental plane of earth to make a new iron mine...

Muse

England and France fought a war for 1337 to 1453 over the french throne.  I'm not sure how continuous that war was, but historians think of it as all one war. 

Say Kahn, are you liking Corina so far? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheKhan

Background, good sir, give me some background. Mechanically she looks good.