Curse of the Spoiled Nymph [Pathfinder, Non-Con, Monsters, Bizarre]

Started by Aylinas, January 26, 2016, 06:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethala

Ah, pity.  I would've loved another chance to play with you, Ershin :3

Aylinas

SO THEN.

After a rather lot of deliberation and fretting and second-guessing myself I've decided to go with two groups and....  here they are!

Group 1
Sethala
Muse
AnnieReinard
JoanieSappho
Rune
Snake

Group 2
Chulanowa
Grizzly
Freeko
Wenterburn
Dom Joe
Blue Leah

This isn't set completely in stone, of course.   If people want to hop groups or are interested in playing with specific people that's fine, we just need to end up with two groups of 6.   ^^;;;

So yeah!   This thread is a pretty good place to discuss character tweaks and details or collaborate on relationships and whatnot, as well as ask any last minute questions.   I'll get up some threads for OCC, Character Sheets/Bios and, of course, the main game thread soon~ish and link them here.  I'll shoot these links in PMs to the players as well so don't worry about missing them.

Thanks again for all the interest everyone!  I hope the game lives up to expectations.

(I've decided to go with a 20 point buy in the end, btw.  Seems to be more fun for people; fun being theoretically the point of all this.)

Darn!  I missed it!
I'm sorry!  D:  If I'd gotten any more I'd have had to make even MORE cuts or a third group which we didn't have enough for/I'm not crazy enough to attempt.

Sethala

Yay!

So, Aylinas, I mentioned as part of my character idea of having my summoner's eidolon end up as very dominant towards my character.  Would you like to take advantage of that, or do you have enough ideas and stuff to work with?

And for the other players in my group, would you also like to be teased and tormented by my eidolon?

AnneReinard

Yay! I'll have to start scheming in earnest for my Brawler!

...and... I might be interested. ...but I-I don't think Eidolons are into slutty outfits.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

JoanieSappho

Now to start throwing around numbers for my halfling bard. Who is the sort of guy who actually deserves this curse.
If your eidolon wants' to play with this little, increasingly feminine man, feel free.

freeko

Well, hopefully I can figure out how not to charge right into a bad end for the party I am in.

Would it be wrong of me to make minor adjustments to my sheet once I know what the rest of my party is playing? Maybe a skill or two at most if anything at all.

Aylinas

Quote from: Sethala on February 04, 2016, 08:13:13 PM
Yay!

So, Aylinas, I mentioned as part of my character idea of having my summoner's eidolon end up as very dominant towards my character.  Would you like to take advantage of that, or do you have enough ideas and stuff to work with?

And for the other players in my group, would you also like to be teased and tormented by my eidolon?

Depends a bit on what your eidolon is.  I also imagine you wouldn't want it to happen right away?   It IS, after all, supposed to be fighting for you.  ...And theoretically it's bound to you by arcane forces or somesuch.  Still, it can work out, certainly.

Quote from: freeko on February 04, 2016, 08:46:24 PM
Well, hopefully I can figure out how not to charge right into a bad end for the party I am in.

Would it be wrong of me to make minor adjustments to my sheet once I know what the rest of my party is playing? Maybe a skill or two at most if anything at all.

Feel free to tweak and adjust your character as much as you like.  What character class you were playing didn't factor in to if you got picked or not. 
The preparation time is kind of exactly meant FOR stuff like that.  Even after the game offically starts a few small tweaks are fine.

Chulanowa

So for group two it looks like...

Chulanowa - ???
Grizzly - Some sort of knight...?
Freeko - Paladin
wenterburn - roguish bard, or bardlike rogue
Dom Joe - Swashbuckler or Warpriest
Blue Leah - Oracle

Sethala

Quote from: Aylinas on February 04, 2016, 09:00:45 PM
Depends a bit on what your eidolon is.  I also imagine you wouldn't want it to happen right away?   It IS, after all, supposed to be fighting for you.  ...And theoretically it's bound to you by arcane forces or somesuch.  Still, it can work out, certainly.

I imagine it would fight for me, for the most part, but may decide to turn on me if it thinks things would be interesting.  Naturally, everything can just be handwaved by saying the curse altered the arcane bond, or somesuch.

I'm figuring the eidolon used to be a normal monster, but got changed into a similar monstergirl with the curse.

Aylinas

Quote from: Sethala on February 04, 2016, 11:56:57 PM
I imagine it would fight for me, for the most part, but may decide to turn on me if it thinks things would be interesting.  Naturally, everything can just be handwaved by saying the curse altered the arcane bond, or somesuch.

I'm figuring the eidolon used to be a normal monster, but got changed into a similar monstergirl with the curse.

It can certainly work.  I suppose they can take whatever form you prefer after the curse hits.

Yarnover

Well.... thanks for considering me, anyway. Have fun, everyone!
O/Os ~ ~ A/As

Rune

Core classes only, or do you allow classes from the supplements? How are you handling race changes. Will it affect racial abilities?

Before I work up my character, I would like to verify what people are playing.

Group 1
Sethala - female summoner
Muse - drow sorceress
AnnieReinard - mercenary
JoanieSappho - halflng rogue or bard
Rune - Prince turned Princess (Monk?/Bard?/Paladin?)
Snake - Female Thief or Male Gladiator

Looks like we are light on healing.

AnneReinard

Hrm. It's not inconceivable that I could swap things around if people wanted to cover some gaping hole.

That being said, I am quite fond of the mercenary concept in my head! Mechanically speaking, likely a Brawler.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

Rune

I am thinking Bard, focused on court skills over entertaining, but might go Magus if the class is allowed.

Muse

Drow Sorceress here, Rune.  And Sethala--my twin sister--is a Summoner. 

Aylinas, has anyone asked about background skills yet? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Aylinas

Quote from: Rune on February 05, 2016, 06:45:39 AM
Core classes only, or do you allow classes from the supplements? How are you handling race changes. Will it affect racial abilities?

Core, base, hybrid and unchained classes are fine.  Anything else you'l need to run by me.

I didn't... plan on having people's race change, just gender, so it won't effect racial abilities.

Quote from: Muse on February 05, 2016, 07:55:37 AM
Aylinas, has anyone asked about background skills yet? 

*Has to look that up*

Oh THAT.  No one's asked about it, no.

It's a nice system for sure, gives some love to the less-popular skills.  Though I worry about how many optional systems I should add. >.>;  Don't want to make it more complex than it needs to be.

Re Z L

Quote from: AnneReinard on February 04, 2016, 08:21:10 PM
...and... I might be interested. ...but I-I don't think Eidolons are into slutty outfits.

Or, if you're a Synthesist the Eidolon could be the slutty outfit!
A&A

AnneReinard

Ons and Offs

JoanieSappho

Well, if you're allowing Unchained, then I feel I should probably urge anyone thinking of making a rogue to at least look up the unchained rogue. It's really quite good.
As for my questions: We're  doing the usual two traits, right? How about the 'get a third trait, but then you have to take a drawback' option?
(I really only need one trait, since I'll be building around it, but best to know for sure where the limits are.)

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Aylinas

Quote from: JoanieSappho on February 05, 2016, 04:55:26 PM
Well, if you're allowing Unchained, then I feel I should probably urge anyone thinking of making a rogue to at least look up the unchained rogue. It's really quite good.
As for my questions: We're  doing the usual two traits, right? How about the 'get a third trait, but then you have to take a drawback' option?
(I really only need one trait, since I'll be building around it, but best to know for sure where the limits are.)

You can take a third and a drawback.

Gosh you guys will WIN with all this min-maxing

freeko

I reject this min/max shenanigans and substitute smut instead.

JoanieSappho

My drawback's already decided. Hedonism will screw me in pretty much all senses of the word, don't worry.  :P

Sethala

Quote from: Re Z L on February 05, 2016, 04:34:39 PM
Or, if you're a Synthesist the Eidolon could be the slutty outfit!

Oh, I had forgotten about Synthesist...

Now I'm debating the curse turning my eidolon into a sexy monstergirl that only obeys my commands when it suits her, or a set of clothes that tend to get very grabby at all the wrong times...

Grizzly

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 04, 2016, 11:45:13 PM
So for group two it looks like...

Chulanowa - ???
Grizzly - Some sort of knight...?
Freeko - Paladin
wenterburn - roguish bard, or bardlike rogue
Dom Joe - Swashbuckler or Warpriest
Blue Leah - Oracle

I was leaning towards a Paladin or a Cavalier.  Something man-at-arms-ish.  If we already have a Pally, I'll see what else I can come up.  The character concept was left deliberately vague for just such a case.  :)
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,