Search Query Not Working?

Started by kasper, June 13, 2011, 01:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasper

Whenever I try to search for some thing, I am told that nothing comes up for whatever I am searching for, even if my search term is very general like "help" or "demon" for example. All words that should come up with tons of hits. Am I the only one having this issue?

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

Nadir

No, I get the same error messages.

Nico

kasper

@Eden Thanks for responding! Now I know I'm not the only one.

@Nicholas That's what I was thinking! I'm sure the issue has already been brought to attention, but unfortunately I couldn't search to see if it had. Haha!

Nadir

What web browser are you using? I'm on chrome.

kasper

Firefox, but I tried it on Safari too and it wasn't working on that either.

Does the search work for you?

Edit: Nevermind the last question, it obviously doesn't. Haha.

Oniya

This might be the explanation. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

kasper

Vekseid

Hm. No, it would say the search daemon is down. Apparently search stopped actually working properly as of 5 AM yesterday : /

Vekseid

Yeah, apparently was because of the upgrade. It's not even trying to talk to Sphinx anymore : / Am looking at it.

Nadir

Vekseid

Should be fixed. I'm honestly not sure what went wrong, looking through everything : /

Nadir

It's working, and I do like the improvement added to it. Thank you again. ^_^

Amber

Thank goodness. I've been trying to search for "Inception" for days and it wasn't coming up with anything. I was all "There is no way that Inception has NOT been discussed on this site."

Thank you for the quick fix ;D <3

kasper