Looking for a DnD 5e (possibly Pathfinder) Kingmaker or Kingmaker-like game

Started by Rummy Tum Tum, August 23, 2020, 06:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

Where you would like to play? Discord suits me the best, but I can make anything the group likes work too. I honestly prefer playing on E, but text-based discord isn't unacceptable.

Where you would like your campaign set? I.e a desert, forest, swamp, a tropical island(this means ships), hellscape (this means hell engines) I'm pretty flexible to be honest, except on the hellscape thing (see gritty/grimdark, below). If we're doing a Kingmaker-y thing, then I kinda figure a Kingmaker-y setting works best.

How do you want to do stats? Gm prefers standard array + feat on ability score up. This means you get your ability score increase and a feat on levels where you get an ability score increase. I generally prefer point buy, but stadnard array can work too; i like ot save rolling for the rare AD&D game that pops up.

What level do you want to start at? I'm always a fan of level one characters, but Three is where most classes get their defining features. So, between one and three.

What do you want the tone of the game to be? Light, dark, gritty, smutty? Light, somewhat comedic (though not necessarily slapstick), with a bit of a heroic vibe. You know, the whole "hapless adventurers trying to get money for booze end up saving the village" thing. Smut is fine, but not as a driving force, plot point, or main focus for the characters or (most) NPC's. I'm not a big fan of 'gritty" or "Grimdark" in general, and given the current state of everything it's really a no-go for me.

Do you want to use the standard dnd gods or homebrewed ones? Why not both? No reason Lathander cannot exist in the same universe as Demnia, the goddess of cake, happiness, and beer.  ;D

Is there anything specific you want in the campaign? I.e ships, maybe you really want to fight in the underdark at some point, ect. Oooh, a venture into the underdark sounds fun. I'm a fan of dungeon crawls and the like. In fact anything that fits that "schlock fantasy" vibe of AD&D and 80's fantasy media is great for me (big fan of Larry Elmore art  ;D) One thing I would love to avoid is steampunk/magitech, unless you're planning on setting this in Eberron or something. I'm all airshipped out.

Bibliophilia

Bibliophilia

Mosos

Quote from: Bibliophilia on August 24, 2020, 10:26:21 PM
Are you still looking for players?

Yes I am taking all comers, if I feel the group gets too large I'll split it in two and run both.

Bibliophilia

Excellent!

Where you would like to play? I am with everyone else, pretty much.  I actually think Discord would allow for more immediate posts without the pressure of long-form posting that exists on E, but would prefer any sexual components be kept to E.  A thread for it would be ideal!

Where you would like your campaign set? I'm not especially picky in this.  Anywhere that makes sense for Kingmaker, really.  There's always the opportunity to explore other settings during the game, after all.

How do you want to do stats? Also not terribly picky, as long as it's not rolling.  But, even if we roll I can work with it.  I'm pretty flexible.

What level do you want to start at?  1-3, like the majority of the group.  I like lower levels, but know that with 5e 3rd is where things really pop off.  Might be fun to start out at 2 and then level up early in-play.

What do you want the tone of the game to be? Light to medium-dark.  I like a good mixture of humor and absurdity in my games, so if it's dark I prefer the tone to be more like...Umbrella Academy or The Boys, rather than The Punisher.  I prefer if smut is treated as a spice added to the entree of plot, and purely optional to be played out.  I really, really, really dislike 'bad end' style DnD, or anything involving non-con, though.

Do you want to use the standard dnd gods or homebrewed ones?  Either...or...both?  I don't mind.  I'm contemplating a druid, so as long as there's a nature deity, I'll be happy.

Is there anything specific you want in the campaign?  I really like a good mixture of all aspects of game play, so a balance of social gaming and combat and political machinations and whatnot really make me happiest!

FoxgirlJay

Quote from: Bibliophilia on August 24, 2020, 11:25:39 PM
Excellent!

Where you would like to play? I am with everyone else, pretty much.  I actually think Discord would allow for more immediate posts without the pressure of long-form posting that exists on E, but would prefer any sexual components be kept to E.  A thread for it would be ideal!

This is my exact feelings on roleplaying on discord, just that I've got no qualms about writing any smut via discord... Though, a naughty thread on E is fine as well. But yeah, immediate posts and less pressure for long-form, when often in D&D all you really need to respond with is some dialogue and no excessive descriptors added on due to a sort of... social pressure and expectation brought on by forum posts, is why I prefer Discord RP.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, fine with Discord in most game posts/OOC discussion, but smut could posted on E in it's own dedicated thread.

Mosos

Alright players listen up! I have enough votes to start character creation. Since the assembled players have competing limits I shall split you into two groups a no noncon/dubcon group, and a pro noncon/dubcon group.

Please at the top of your post list which group you want to be a part of. For anyone reading this that means there is plenty of slots still open, tell your friends.

As it stands it seems main game on discord smut on E ill be the best option, depending on group compositions that is.

As it stands now the fresh wild lands you will be taming is in a forest. Note that doesn't mean all the other civilizations will be in a forest, just the groups'.

For your stats we shall do Standard Array + ASI and Feat. 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8 (I considered the updated array, but some of the classes I am allowing in could get a little too difficult to reign in.)

Starting level is 3.

Tone will be a classic d&d style Hopeful heroic adventure. Villains will be evil, heroes will be good and a good time will be had be all!

For gods it seems a mixed group of listed gods and home brewed gods is desired. So it shall be.

All of your special requests have been added to the melting pot. I had entirely overlooked the concept of dungeons.

The world will not have magitech or firearms. However portals will exist and planeshift items will be able to be found.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, you could create discord server and invite us in and we can hassle chargen in there (and post sheets when done).

Edit; Pro noncon/dubcon group.

FoxgirlJay

My character would be better suited for the no-noncon group.

Presenting, Cirene Galath, a scholar wizard hailing from Candlekeep (or whatever great bastion of knowledge and magical power exists within the world). Well trained, lacking in experience, and with a great talent for arcane scribing, Cirene was sent to to join this cohort, seeking to establish a new city, by her superiors in Candlekeep. She approaches with curiosity, and a helpfulness that can border on patronizing. After all, when it comes to scholarly pursuits she can scarcely believe that any would have better training than what's given at Candlekeep. When dealing in matters she is unfamiliar with, she takes a shy and distant approach, preferring to watch and learn first. She has a brilliant mind, and skill to control the fabric of magic itself, twisting arcane formulae to strange and unexpected forms (Order of Scribes Feature).

https://ddb.ac/characters/34468296/Nceyx3

Link to the character sheet, for any who care to peruse.

Muse

*peeks*  Zaer tells me you're accepting aplications.  :) I'm in a voice game right now but i'll review this as soon i get done. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

So far class is open, but race options wise; Tiefling likely, half-elf maybe (or even a elf). Half-orc maybe.

Bibliophilia

I would like the no noncon/dubcon group, please.

I'm making up a Firbolg Druid.

Zaer Darkwail

FoxGirlJay: Fey Touched Inteligence gives you one 1st level divination/enchantment spell casting once per long rest, Chromatic Orb is neither (but it's good spell to know as wizard).

Mosos

The reason I haven't opened the servers yet, is that I want an idea of who is going to which one.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, so making two different games then or when inviting folks you tag with color mark who is pro for noncon/dubcon and who is not (easier than double-check replies/preferences).

Mosos

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, so the present group split two. If Tenshi goes pro noncon/dubcon, considering Rummy is against NC (but not DC), so he may go no noncon/dubcon group. So 3 vs 3 party sizes estimated.

Bibliophilia

I can confidently state Chula will be in the no noncon/dubcon camp.  He's at work right now, or he'd be answering for himself.

Zaer Darkwail

So 3/4 party split. Would nice find one more deviant to pro noncon/dubcon side....

Bibliophilia

Zaer Darkwail

Rummy, FoxyGirlJay, Chulanowa, Zaer Darkwail, Bibliophilia and Muse (if catches up, suspect likely interested). Malkavia was not heard since initial posts in the first page as she suggested Sword Chronicle. So not 3/4 but more as 3/3.

ThreeFour pics below, folks opinion/votes welcome which prefer (helps decide race).

Pics

Chulanowa

Quote from: Bibliophilia on August 25, 2020, 02:26:45 PM
I can confidently state Chula will be in the no noncon/dubcon camp.  He's at work right now, or he'd be answering for himself.

Can 100% verify

Rummy Tum Tum

No noncon side for me.

Also thinking of going swashbuckler rogue, possibly with a dip in fighter :)