Fallout - Behind the Scenes

Started by Mathim, May 26, 2017, 11:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

I have this interesting concept for a different sort of scenario for a Fallout based RP but I don't know if I have time to devote to GM it at the moment (might change late) but I really want to put this out there for anyone who might want to take the idea and run with it.

The idea is this: There are many occult, more dark fantasy than traditional science fiction elements featured in the games and I wanted to expand on that while at the same time combining the sinister nature of Vault-Tec and other corporate entities that helped lead to the destruction of society. So what if the people running Vault-Tec were a cabal of worshipers of the Old Golds and their elaborate inhuman experiments were intended as a means of providing both servants (Ghouls, Super Mutants, other genetic freaks) and sacrifices (all the charred skeletons left behind after the bombings) while these bastards sat comfortably in their own special vault, being kept immortal by some hideous means, preying upon other humans in a vampire-like (remember the Family from Fallout 3? Only, you know, for real) manner, whether those humans are the ones occupying the vault and unaware that they're essentially just breeding stock to be fed upon, and once their numbers deplete, the vault opens and beckons in any survivors of the bombings with a hospitable, survival-friendly atmosphere, only to lead them to their dooms once they step inside and let their guard down...

I had other ideas for this, like that the creators of Vault-Tec are this inbred sort of 'keeping it in the family' brood reeking of old money, an old-fashioned blue-blood Illuminati sort of thing, so there's more to it than just some people being a little sick in the head, but massively so. They orchestrated world events such that at their appointed time is when the bombings happened, all engineered to follow exactly their design, and live on even as their legacy leaves behind even more dead, disfigured and miserable people aside from those they will be using to prolong their own cursed existences.

So, does this sound like something someone can do something with?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).