Rage of Dragons (D&D 5e; recruiting Female characters)

Started by Naughty Miss Adventure, September 25, 2017, 07:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naughty Miss Adventure

First things first, this is a D&D 5e game based upon a request from Quasar in the Players Seeking GMs that I answered.  It is a harem-stlye game, with a heavier focus on character development and story, and will be economical with the amount of combat (i.e. necessary battles, not random encounters).  Sexy times comes after these two considerations.  Four female PCs, regardless of player gender, are being sought for the most part, though an exception can be made for one submissive/bottom or bi male PC - that said, all PCs would be part of the harem.  More details/clarification below.

The Banishment of Gaularuthor
RAGE OF DRAGONS

History: In an era long past, a primordial dragon named Gaularuthor of the End, led dragonkind on a rampage of fire and destruction to reclaim all lands from the usurping smaller races who had spread to every corner of the world.  After much hardship, Gaularuthor was trapped.  Before the circle of magi could complete the ritual that would destroy the destroyer once and for all, the ancient dragon struck back, breaking the wards that contained the boundless magical power that was to be harnessed against him.  Rather than be destroyed by that power, a tear in the fabric of reality was made, physically hurling the mighty dragon into endless darkness of the realm of the dead.  Without the wards to contain it, the backlash of magic tore through the world in a terrifying cataclysm, submerging most lands beneath the ocean until only the continent of Thaera remained unsubmerged.  To prevent the destroyer from ever returning, the wards were remade.  Dragons were hunted to almost extinction in the aftermath.

Present: The present state of the world is marked by a dark age of city-states struggling to push back the savageness of a grim and dangerous land, where nature has began to wax mighty in the absence of the gods.

800 years before the present date, an oracle from the Tharwall Mountains had a vision of the return of a great power in draconic form, and from her descriptions of the beast, most suspect it to be the long banished Gaularuthor.  Whilst there were those who vigilantly watched against this return, the oracle's vision also gave rise to a cult that grew massively in following, promising a new beginning to the many downtrodden in the world.  Over the 800 years hence, the Cult of the Dragon has spread to nearly every corner of the continent, seeking to undermine governments to increase its image and following, but it was not until the destruction of one of the twelve wardstones that they became seen as a dangerous element rather than an eccentric, if harmless cult.

Over time, the Cult of the Dragon has become an insidious presence in most lands, implicated in political murders, instigating peasant revolts, sinister kidnappings, bizzare ritual orgies resulting in half-dragon spawn, and suspected of sabotaging any attempt by rulers to form kingdoms.

Hello and welcome!  As mentioned before, this is meant to be a harem type game based on Quasar's request thread, using the D&D 5e system.  Female characters are currently being sought to fill in the four available spaces for a party of 5 (inclusive of Quasar's character).  Whilst female characters are the primary type of PCs sought, I might make an exception for a single male-trap PC (Yes, I have a weird soft spot for M/m stuff!  I have my heart set on this picture, and I think it would be fun to have the girls tease him!)

Now, onto more serious matters.  Before I continue, I think some things need to be elaborated:

Under normal circumstances, GMing a game where a single male goes on adventures with a group of females, getting to be the big man of the story whilst banging all the gals Don Juan-style holds little appeal to me.  So obviously, there will be some differences in the way this is going to be run, as well as the general development of the story.  What follows is my take and expectations (hopes even) for this game in particular.

PSYCHOLOGY OF A HAREM (a.k.a. my requirements to GM such a game)
My intent for this particular game genre is to take a backseat - rather than throwing adventures and complications at the PCs, my intent is to present scenarios that help each of the PCs involved tell their story and, thus, building the dynamic of the group and their relations to each other - in short, a lot of the narrative will be driven by the players, with me prodding things along as needed.

Now when it comes to smut, by far, a plurality of it (40-50%) would ideally take place between the players themselves.  To begin with, it would be more fair to say that they can seek their jollies elsewhere as they would have barely had any time in the company of Quasar's and each other's PCs, unless they happen to more forward or liberal in matters of sexuality.  This should decline a bit as the adventure progresses.

FOR QUASAR (agreed to, but reproduced for everyone's information)

• No Gratuitous Wish Fulfillment: If the idea of a harem is simply to get your rocks off with as many of the females around your PC as possible, I may have to nip my candidacy for GM-ship in the bud right now, since I'm of a preference for something more complex and stimulating.  Be aware that as the central male PC, you're going to hold the very heavy burden of making him flexible, dynamic, and interesting.  Perving it through, isn't going to do it for me.  Now, given what I've read from your original request post, I don't think it will be a problem, but I do think it best to bring this up all the same.  No offence intended.

• Help the Harem to Shine: For the most part, I'm expecting your PC to be in a strong supportive role (if you've seen it, think Zuko from Avatar The Last Airbender), whereby you aide the other PCs to shine.  Your PC will obviously have some of the spotlight time as well, but for the most part, I would expect that you're not actively seeking it by calling attention to your character.  It will generally be your responsibility to help them out in their individual stories in any way possible, including, placing your character in harm's way if necessary.  This is keeping in line with being a responsible 'keeper' of your PC's harem.  To some degree, this will require your character to be a blank slate until you've gotten a feel for the PCs involved.

• Non-Possessiveness of Player PCs: Although one could say that all females ideally stick with the harem's central male, this is a group game with real people, so I'm expecting no prissiness if there are sexual matters players want to explore that does not involve your character (i.e. no storming in and calling them out on it).

FOR PLAYERS (things I'm expecting from the players)

• Inter-Party Psychology: Privately, in literature, I love multiple female to single male relationships because I enjoy seeing the psychology and dynamics played out - what makes this one person desirable enough to pull in several women at the same time, when the average man can only hook up one at a time.  I use the word 'psychology' because I don't want it to be something so simple as 'oh, he's good looking', 'damn, he's good in bed', or some other lazy ass reasons.  Certainly, they may start with few, if any, reasons, but it will be up to players to build up those connections as things go along - their angle, motivations, conflicts, agreements, friendships, rivalries, coming to terms, etc...  If these things aren't there, my interest drops about as quickly as an erection splashed with ice-cold water, and shrinks just as completely.  If it isn't clear, this is the part I love the most and is my main motivation to run the game.

• Vibrant, Interesting Cast: I'm of the opinion that harems live and die by the how interesting the harem members are.  A girl who can't pick up the ball and play, quickly fades into the background until you start to wonder what the heck she's doing there in the first place.  In short, the player needs to bring their PC to life, even if the character is a little on the submissive side.  Likewise, I'm expecting a player's character to come with a story that explores them, thus adding dimension to them.  More so than the central male, they're the real stars of a harem, because a man without a harem is a single male; common, uninspiring, and a dime a dozen.

• No Trojan Horses: (before I start, this is not aimed at anyone in particular - it's just a past observation that I think may be relevant here) Many times, a person (male or female) offers to play a female character when what they're intent on playing is a female trojan horse - they've seen a lot of other lovely female PCs around and wish to play out their lesbian fantasies, only thinly enduring the male company despite being in game where it is implicit there should be F/M sexuality primarily, with F/F as a side bonus.  Now, I have no problem with this preference and way of seeking out enjoyment, but the purpose of this particular story is about an emotional and physical development between the male and females primarily, and then between the girls secondarily.  To do so otherwise ruins the purpose of the game, which will bring it to a stop, which makes it a waste of all my time and effort put into it (this last part, generally being what will miff me the most.)  I don't relish the idea of calling people out on it, so I'd prefer not to be given even the hint of an excuse to.

• One Winner?: The most realistic course of things is that eventually, one girl takes the lead and wins the day by becoming the only true romantic interest.  Whilst classically time honored and probably the best from a literary perspective; I am of the opinion that a game between players should have no losers.  Ideally, it's one big, messy group romance.  Realistically, its a matter of compromise and respect.  With each other, they start the game together and end together.

• The World Exists to Serve the Relationships at Play: Basically, I will not be supplying numerous NPCs for smut unless it serves a story purpose and/or presents an opportunity to positively enhance the dynamic and relationship of the group.  With the right idea in place, I'm prepared to indulge out of party smut much more liberally and in greater quantity.  Generally, if you want smut outside of the group, that's fine, but contact me to work out the particulars of how it will contribute to the story (in fact, best to have a few in mind to offer, so that time need not be wasted feeling around)

THE GAME (a.k.a. I get the harem part, but what about the game/story?)
Well, with the heavy stuff out of the way, here are my thoughts as to what you can expect in general, in no particular order of priority:

• Dragon slaying!
  • Having the group explore your character's backstory and personal quest.
  • Globetrotting, and the challenges of different environments.
  • Kingdom building maybe?
  • No-frills plot (i.e. what you see is what you get - I won't be throwing an excess of curve balls when it comes to figuring things out)
  • Classic fantasy approach (i.e. minimal to absent shades of grey - bad guys need smiting, dragons need slaying, people need help, tombs need raiding, good deeds are rewarded, and the beards of evil wizards need to be set ablaze - there will not be many instances where things are not as they seem.)
  • Flavor of Fantasy: Somewhere between Heroic and Epic.

Still there?  Well then, let's see about building a character:

• Starting Level: 4
  • Ability Scores: Assigned from the following array - 15, 15, 14, 13, 10, 8
  • Alignment: Any non-evil.
  • Races: Dragonborn, Dwarves, Elves, Half-Elves, Half-Orcs, Tieflings.  Here is some campaign info for them, which indicates how they are different from the norm.
  • Classes: All classes from the PHB and official sources permitted.  Anything else, especially UA material, subject to approval.
  • Hp: Maximum at 1st level + Con.  Average + Con at every level thereafter.
  • Bonus Feat: All characters gain a bonus feat at 1st level.
  • Starting Equipment: Taken from your class and background options.  Choose one uncommon magic item (subject to approval).
  • Background: You can generally choose any place on the map from where your character originates and create details for it. I'll give these a read over to make sure it doesn't conflict with anything I have in mind, but for now, most of it is pretty much up for grabs apart from the region around Dagheim and the Black Ice Wastes.

Quasar's Character as of his last PM to me, for reference.
Quasar's character is built differently.  He is a 1st level PC, using a 14, 14, 13, 13, 12, 12 array distribution (the idea being the girls are specialized, where his is a generalist).  He will have certain buffing abilities above the standard for a bard.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
ARODEL
CG Male Half-Elf Bard 1
Height: 6'  |  Weight: 145 lbs  |  Age: 20
Background: Dragon Casualty

Description: Arodel stands as a tall, well-built individual.  Whilst his features could be considered kindly, the numerous ritually inflicted scars upon his body and face add a certain sinister look to his features.

Personality: Though gentle soul at heart, since his confinement and year-long torture, Arodel has put up many walls around himself, presenting a rougher facade that he has grown into.  He evinces a dry wit with moody patience at most times.  Although he feigns indifference to people problems, he often steps in to help when others need aid, though he does his best to stay hidden if possible or downplay his role in the matter.  His scars are a bit of a sensitive issue, and were what prompted him to withdraw from society when he couldn't stomach people constantly looking at them.  Reasonably collected at most times, he has an abiding hatred of the Cult of the Dragon, and would neglect no opportunity to do them harm if it were within his power, though he would prefer to keep his friends safe rather than risk their lives.

Background: Only a year ago, Arodel was a slender, carefree teenager who traveled with his minstrel parents between towns.  Then, on a trip from Haverghast to seek passage to Stanningard, the small caravan he was travelling with was attacked by strange raiders.  Many were killed, including his parents, but the survivors were rounded up and spirited away.  Several harrowing days later, Arodel and the others found themselves in deep caverns beneath The Blight, where they came face to face with a true dragon.  Although Arodel can't remember with any great clarity what happened thereafter, he can still remember the torture and screams of having his flesh carved through on an almost daily basis, with alchemical fluids dripped into his wounds or injected into his body like, burning like liquid agony.  If there was any benefit gleaned from this torture, it was the fortification of his body in strength and agility, though Arodel was in no way appreciative of it.

By whatever miracle or chance, he found a chance to escape and stumbled out of the caves and fled southward, with little more than the rags he wore.  How he ended up in Dagheim, he cannot recall.  Nursing his wounds, he became a recluse, living away from others on a small abandoned farm away from the town where no one bothered him, though in reality, it was more to do with him having a hard time fitting in.  His living in harmony with nature, as well as his constant solitary performances caught the attention of minor natural spirits (fey), with whom he has become very friendly with.

CURRENT APPLICANTS

• Knarfy - LG Female Half-Elf Paladin/Favored Soul - Branwen
  • Sol Lua - CN Female Tiefling Cleric (Trickery) - Elysia
  • FollonStars - CN Female Human Warlock (Archfey) - Divara
  • Lockepick - CN Male Human Rogue (Swashbuckler) - Limbic
  • Zaer Darkwail - LN Female Dragonborn Rogue (Arcane Trickster) - Nesnys
  • Muse - CG Female Elf Wizard (Bladesinger) - Shandrilaine Diamonddew
  • Calison - LN Female Elf Wizard (Evoker) - Kasala Lufaren
  • Kathyan - CN Female Dragonborn Cleric (Tempest) - Evayla Thunderstorm
Ons & Offs (last updated: 15.08.21)
Absences & Apologies (back after a near year-long absence!)
Current Status: Not Accepting New Games; Muse: Erratic

Visit Eridor, where the Black Gate has been opened! (Long-term D&D 5e project)
Visit Carla at The Breeding House of Vinicus

Knarfy

Hmmmmmm...

Seems neat! And I've just had a few slots open up.

Count me interested :)

Godbound: Erry day I'm shillin' it
My O/O thread
Why isn't Knarfy posting? - probably because he is lazy
"The most iconic hentai is essentially Lovecraftian, in that it portrays sexual pleasure as beyond human comprehension, to which the only possible response is a descent into hedonistic madness." - Anonymous

Naughty Miss Adventure

Pleased to meet you Knarfy!  If you have any questions, feel free to ask them :-)

Knarfy

Will do!

Right now I'm just diving back into 5E, trying to see what catches my fancy :)
My O/O thread
"The most iconic hentai is essentially Lovecraftian, in that it portrays sexual pleasure as beyond human comprehension, to which the only possible response is a descent into hedonistic madness." - Anonymous

Raveled

This is interesting to me. I'm going to have to ruminate on a specific character. Is any of the web content, i.e. Unearthed Arcana, going to be allowed for building characters?
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Naughty Miss Adventure

Hello and welcome Raveled.  Nothing in specific comes to mind, so feel free to make a suggestion and I'll check up on it if I can find it.

FollonStars

This sounds very interesting, I'd be down for doing this! But I am relatively new to this, would that be alright?

Naughty Miss Adventure

No problem on that account FollonStars!  Please feel free :-)

Quasar

Hey all!  And a big thank you to NMA for getting this up and running!

Anything anyone wants to suggest, I'll be all ears!  Arodel is in a half-finished state, so he's still apt to change a bit before the end.
Quasar's Bangs (Requests; Updated 2017.08.25)
Quasar's A/As (Updated 2017.08.12)

Raveled

Quote from: Naughty Miss Adventure on September 25, 2017, 10:03:01 PM
Hello and welcome Raveled.  Nothing in specific comes to mind, so feel free to make a suggestion and I'll check up on it if I can find it.

I was thinking a Monk and Way of the Kensai. Martial artist using a spear and flipping around.
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Lockepick

Voicing interest -- especially in the male-trap role! I was considering a rogue, warlock, cleric, or druid (caster, not Wild Form based) -- depending on what the party needs. I tend to lean towards Rogue to play a 'toolbox', but only if I don't step too much on Quasar's role as a bard.

Quick questions:
1) I assume the bonus feat that all get mean that Variant Human is NOT allowed?
2) What's the process for getting approved? What would you like from potential applicants at this stage? I don't want to assume first come, first serve.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Muse

Still interested from the GMs seeking thread, and hoping to apply with a Bladesinger, and adjust the personality to the group for a good dynamic. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Naughty Miss Adventure

Quote from: Raveled on September 26, 2017, 06:32:56 AMI was thinking a Monk and Way of the Kensai. Martial artist using a spear and flipping around.
Sure thing.

Quote from: Lockepick on September 26, 2017, 08:49:41 AM
Voicing interest -- especially in the male-trap role! I was considering a rogue, warlock, cleric, or druid (caster, not Wild Form based) -- depending on what the party needs. I tend to lean towards Rogue to play a 'toolbox', but only if I don't step too much on Quasar's role as a bard.

Quick questions:
1) I assume the bonus feat that all get mean that Variant Human is NOT allowed?
2) What's the process for getting approved? What would you like from potential applicants at this stage? I don't want to assume first come, first serve.
Hello and welcome Lockepick, you'd certainly be most welcome. :-)

• The variant human will be allowed.
  • I didn't think first come first served was ever implemented nowadays!  But no, lol.  Basically, I'll look over the applications, check the O/Os, post history, writing style and such and see who I think might be a good match for the game with, along with Quasar's input.  At this point in time, more than the character sheet, I'm looking at creativity from anyone who applies - so, more or less, what you create for your character's background and personality.

Quote from: Muse on September 26, 2017, 10:48:15 AMStill interested from the GMs seeking thread, and hoping to apply with a Bladesinger, and adjust the personality to the group for a good dynamic.
Welcome Muse, glad to see you made it. :-)

FollonStars

Do you have a character template for applications, or perhaps give the applicants an RP scenario and see how they reply?

Naughty Miss Adventure

Not in particular, but if you wish, you may use one similar the format Quasar presented his character in.

[float=right][img padding=2 height=300]insert[/img][/float][font=courier][size=18pt][b][url=url]NAME[/url][/b][/size][/font]
[size=10pt][font=georgia]Alignment Gender Race Class
[b]Height:[/b] Height  |  [b]Weight:[/b] Weight  |  [b]Age:[/b] Age
[b]Background:[/b] Insert[/font][/size][hr]

[size=10pt][font=georgia][b]Description:[/b] Insert

[b]Personality:[/b] Insert

[b]Background:[/b] Insert
[/font][/size]

Knarfy

Quote from: Naughty Miss Adventure on September 26, 2017, 05:55:45 PM

• The variant human will be allowed.

Oh, I was under the impression that only the races you listed in the opening post were allowed.

QuoteRaces: Dragonborn, Dwarves, Elves, Half-Elves, Half-Orcs, Tieflings.  Here is some campaign info for them, which indicates how they are different from the norm.

I presume that that was just a list of the races that were different?

No worry either way, I just want to know one way or another :)

My O/O thread

Naughty Miss Adventure

Quote from: Knarfy on September 26, 2017, 07:51:19 PMOh, I was under the impression that only the races you listed in the opening post were allowed.

I presume that that was just a list of the races that were different?

No worry either way, I just want to know one way or another :)
If its one found in the world building thread, then its a viable PC.  Likewise, players can use both normal human or the variant human as is their preference.

Knarfy

My O/O thread

Naughty Miss Adventure

I'd say fine with it in theory :-)  I'll probably have to give it a good read-over when I've had the chance to give rub the sleep out of your eyes.

As a note to everyone, getting your character concept up is much more desirable than stating them up, as I want to see the story potential of those involved.

FollonStars

Right now, I'm roughing out a character concept based on the template you gave; should be able to post it tomorrow :-)

Knarfy

Branwen
LG Female Half-elf Paladin/Favored Soul
Height: 5'10" |  Weight: 155 lbs|  Age: 29
Background: Knight of the Order - Branwen is a member of the Order of the Raven: an independent knightly order dedicated to thwarting the Dragon Cult through aggressive action. She was taken in by the order after cultists killed her parents, and has been in their care as long as she can remember.

Description: Branwen is a rather statuesque woman, tall, and the kind of fit that only constant training and hardship can produce. Her dark blonde hair is usually in a loose bun, and she eschews most jewelry and other adornments, favoring either simple clothes or armor. She has her share of scars, but not as many as one might think. Her most distinctive scar is a ring that goes all the way around about 2 inches back from her left wrist.

*Personality*
Personality Trait - "I've lost too many friends, and I'm slow to make new ones." Branwen is still young, but the Dragon Cult is everywhere these days, and the Knights of the Raven rarely rest. She's been at the front lines of the shadow war for her entire adult life, and its taken its toll.
Ideal - "The Greater Good. We fight the Dragon Cult to protect the whole world, and we'll do it or die trying." Branwen has a strong sense of duty, not just to the order, but to Thaera itself. She's seen the suffering of the orphans left behind by the cult, and is well aware of what her life might have been like without the help of strangers.
Bond - "I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves." The Cult of the Dragon threatens everyone, but not everyone can fight. Someone has to bake the bread, mend the clothes, and even smile once and a while. Everyone bears a different burden. Fighting the cult is hers.
Flaw - "The Cult is everywhere, and one day they're going to get the better of me." The Cult of the Dragon is insidious and ruthless, and every Knight of the Raven wears a target on their chest. Branwen has survived dozens of ambushes and traps, and participated in even more. She's survived this long through luck and constant vigilance, but she knows it's only a matter of time before her luck runs out...

*Background*
They tell her that she was born in Greensil, but she spent her childhood in the Order's chapterhouse in Sunsil. Once she came of age, she was sent to Vallingard to become a squire. It was there that the battle began, and it hasn't really stopped since. The City States of Vallinar are always a hot-bed of Cult activity, and the Vallingard chapterhouse is one of the largest in the world. Branwen participated in dozens of small campaigns against the Cult, and was knighted by the Order in her 20th year.

After that, she followed the Eyes. While every Knight's talents were a little different, there were a few distinct areas of specialization. The Knights of the Eye were more like spies and scouts than dashing cavaliers. Not to say that any Raven Knight tended towards dashing chivalry. They're typically rather grim. It was their job to suss out the Cult and find out how to hit them where it hurt. Once they did, the job fell to Knights like Branwen- a Knight of the Beak. As soon as an Eye could verify some kind of cult activity, the Beak would burst out of hiding and make a beeline straight for it, smashing it without hesitation.

The Raven Knights typically operated in small companies called Ravens, with two to four Eyes, a few dozen Knights of the Beak (referred to collectively as 'the Beak' of the company), and some number of support staff, sometimes referred to as 'the Wings'. The most senior of the Eyes was usually called the Third Eye (even when there were more than or less than 3 Eyes), while the most senior member of the Beak was called the Beak Captain. The Third Eye had nominal command over the whole company, while the Beak Captain was in charge of the assaults. In practice, the Third Eye and Beak Captain usually exercised joint leadership of the Raven. It was common for multiple Ravens to operate in the same area, though not always in direct cooperation. When more than one Raven was needed for a single goal, they would form, unsurprisingly, a flock, and one Third Eye would be elected as Knight-Commander of the Flock.

Branwen became Beak Captain when she was 23, after a particularly bloody series of incidents that cost her her left hand, spread between Northgard, Union City, and North Down. From there, her Raven pursued a lead out to Nueval, stopping in Nachtgard for reinforcements and a new hand courtesy of the Abbess of the Nighthall, then spent the next two years rooting out a massive cult in the Sunwood. After that, it was Skullenport for six months, then down to the Yawning Isles, where they bounced between Eastfurt, Ceolheim, and Stanningard for another year and a half.

Two years ago, the Order started catching hints of something going on in Starfall Bay. There were an unusual number of ships sailing south through the bay, and no one seemed to know where they were ending up. Branwen's Raven was put on the job along with several others. It didn't take long to figure out that the Cult was shipping supplies into Aryandai, though the why of it was a little more elusive.

Regardless, the simple fact that they were doing it was enough reason to try to stop them. The Flock turned to full time naval interdiction, and Branwen spent the most recent portion of her career in a succession of vicious boarding actions on the Bay, right up until a week ago.

The Cult's trap wasn't complicated, but that was really what made it so sneaky. The Raven boarded the ship against heavy resistance, like usual. And then, just as they seemed to be making headway, the whole damn thing blew up.

Against all expectation, Branwen's luck hadn't completely run out. She awoke on the beach near Dagheim, a bit scorched and waterlogged, but amazingly alive. For now, she's convalescing and doing her best to make it up to the villagers for helping her, but the war calls, and soon enough she'll need to answer...

Character Sheet

Branwen, Beak Captain of Raven 67
Level 4 (1/3) Half-Elf Paladin/Favored Soul Sorcerer, Knight of the Order
Str 16 +3
Dex  8 -1
Con 15 +2
Int 10 +0
Wis 13 +1
Cha 17 +3

HP: 30/30
Attack: +5, 1d8+3
AC: 18
Save Proficiencies: Wisdom, Charisma
Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Insight, Intimidation, Perception, Persuasion, Religion
Tool Proficiencies: Playing Cards
Arms Proficiencies: Simple, Martial, Shields, All Armor
Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarvish, Elvish
Background Feature: Knightly Regard

Racial Abilities
Darkvision 60ft
Fey Ancestry - Advantage vs Charm, immune to magic sleep
Skill Versatility - Proficiency in 2 skills

Class Abilities
Divine Sense (4/day)
Lay on Hands (5 pts)
Spellcasting (Sorcerer 2nd)
Favored Soul (Divine Magic, Favored by the Gods)
Font of Magic (3 pts)
Metamagic (Quickened Spell, Empowered Spell)

Spells

Attack +5
Save DC 13
1st OOOO
2nd OO

Cantrips
Green Flame Blade
Guidance
Mending
Spare the Dying
1st
Bless
Cure Wounds
Guiding Bolt
Shield
2nd
Spiritual Weapon

Gear

a heavy mace (warhammer)
a shield
a dagger
an explorer’s pack
Chain mail
a holy symbol
One set of traveler's clothes
an Order of the Raven signet ring
a pouch containing 10 gp
My O/O thread

Zaer Darkwail

Hello, I voice interest to join in as well :). I would prefer play role as female half-dragon rogue (arcane trickster), if Quasar not against male playing female. I usually play male doms (or bottoms), but I am willing expand to try out full female char (I have some experience through myself working as GM and use female NPC's on smut scenes and such :)). But question; can I through feat or by GM approval use charisma instead inteligence as casting stat for arcane trickster? Sort present 'sorcery' nature of dragonborn? Anyways idea is sort of char who hides and is sort recluse herself because of her heritage (sort hunted and shunned by society and uses trickery to disguise herself when she can to blend in).

Raveled

Is it generally known what the Cult is doing or where the wardsones are? I'm building a hermit and trying to tie her Discovery into the overall campaign. Maybe she had a vision of where one us, or she saw how the cult could bypass then and wants to stop that, or she's trying to find a great dragonslaying weapon. Thoughts?
O|O A|A Ideas

Naughty Miss Adventure

Quote from: Knarfy on September 27, 2017, 12:59:12 AM
Branwen
LG Female Half-elf Paladin/Favored Soul
Height: 5'10" |  Weight: 155 lbs|  Age: 29
Background: Knight of the Order - Branwen is a member of the Order of the Raven: an independent knightly order dedicated to thwarting the Dragon Cult through aggressive action. She was taken in by the order after cultists killed her parents, and has been in their care as long as she can remember.
Looks great Knarfy!

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 27, 2017, 04:13:02 AMHello, I voice interest to join in as well :). I would prefer play role as female half-dragon rogue (arcane trickster), if Quasar not against male playing female. I usually play male doms (or bottoms), but I am willing expand to try out full female char (I have some experience through myself working as GM and use female NPC's on smut scenes and such :)). But question; can I through feat or by GM approval use charisma instead inteligence as casting stat for arcane trickster? Sort present 'sorcery' nature of dragonborn? Anyways idea is sort of char who hides and is sort recluse herself because of her heritage (sort hunted and shunned by society and uses trickery to disguise herself when she can to blend in).
Not a problem Zaer; I did note in the opening that the roles were open to players irrespective of gender :-)

By half-dragon, I'm assuming you mean Dragonborn?  If you'd like to use Charisma, I'll permit it at the cost of the bonus feat at 1st level.

Quote from: Raveled on September 27, 2017, 07:04:54 AM
Is it generally known what the Cult is doing or where the wardsones are? I'm building a hermit and trying to tie her Discovery into the overall campaign. Maybe she had a vision of where one us, or she saw how the cult could bypass then and wants to stop that, or she's trying to find a great dragonslaying weapon. Thoughts?
For now, most people don't know much about the inner workings of the cult, apart from what I've already detailed - not even the lower ranks, though the mid-tier cultists know that their actions across the continent are not as random as it often seems and a plan of some sort is in the works.

The location of ward stones themselves are secret - the general public thinks them a myth - and each stone has specific guardians, ranging from entire secret cabals to bound creatures.  Those who guard it know the location of only their stone and none of the others; a means to prevent the secrets from being pried out in the event of capture or corruption.

As for her discovery vision, I'd be more comfortable the weapon aspect from among the three.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, meant dragonborn :P. Sort mixed it up. Anyways my idea for casting stat swap is that you could approve a custom feat which allows swap casting stats (as sacrifice of a entire feat for swapping casting stat is quite large advantage to throw away).

Feat description

Different Source of Power
Unlike most others in your profession your magical knowledge draws from different origin or source. So thus your magic works differently from others of same profession and allow access some power from other casting class similar to magic you wield.

• You can swap your primary casting stat from one to other (allowing swap between Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma be primary casting stat).
  • Pick single cantrip from caster class which primary casting stat matches with your chosen primary casting stat (Charisma = sorcerers, bards, warlocks, Intelligence = wizards, Wisdom = druids or clerics), you can use the cantrip as if it belonged to your class originally.
  • Pick single skill from other casting class (which primary casting stat matches with your chosen one) skill list and you gain proficiency for it.

Explanations of perks; Swapping casting stat should be significant shift in power from individual (from paladin perspective turning it into wisdom or intelligence means paladin must had completely different viewpoint on things personal level). Class saving proficiency often key to the fact that given stat will be invested on as well (late game saves will be high given stat to point you almost always succeed where as with this split the stat changes and so you can have decent saving score in two or even all three stats thanks heavy investment to new casting stat).

So only additional perks is for extra cantrip (not major thing overall as magic initiate does that and more) and extra skill is for classes which may lack knowledge in casting career where cantrip (or new casting stat) is based on. Example being that as arcane trickster ironically does not have any means to gain arcane as trained/proficiency in besides background pick which may not fit to rogue in start (or invest a feat).

If not okay with above custom feat then I just try work with intelligence based casting.