It used to cost you an arm and a leg...

Started by Oniya, January 08, 2009, 11:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

She'd better. Saves her life and she divorces him. Sheesh.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mathim

What a horrible thing. There's nothing about that situation that's any good. I would need to know more about it, but if she hadn't mentioned being unhappy in the relationship or divorce before the operation, I do think that she did not deserve to have him as a donor in the first place.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Cecily

It isn't specific about her health, but I think it's quite awful to try to get a kidney back when it could potentially kill her. I know taking advantage of someone to get a kidney is pretty low, but it's better than dying. :p Some people are lucky with organ donations but many are not.

Inkidu

I'm reminded of the episode of House where a woman had liver failure and her partner donated a part of her own to save her life and the woman was planning on dumping the donor because she was, "Bored of her."

House said they could cure her disease but being a bitch was something they couldn't fix.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

jouzinka

Hm... when she filed for divorce in 2005 he never mentioned it until now. Before he gave her the kidney, she underwent two other transplantations, that's quite a lot before one decides. I mean don't get me wrong, I know, that give away a kidney is not the same as donate blood, but come on. Did he tell her that he'd give her the kidney only if she never divorces him? o.O The marriage was shaky back then due to her illness anyway.  Apparently after that they (she?) tried to make it work for five years, but it apparently doesn't.

On the other hand, what right she has to deny her children to see their father is beyond me. >:( That's more outrageous.

I think that one ill turn deserves another. These two probably can't blame each other, they're pretty even.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Mathim

"House said they could cure her disease but being a bitch was something they couldn't fix."
LOL, that reminds me of something I heard the other day. "I can lose weight but you'll always be an asshole."

But this really stinks...I mean, if she was lying to him and leading him on JUST to get the kidney, I do think he deserves to get it back since he would never have given it to her in the first place otherwise. That's like stealing, on her part. Here's what I would do, I would negotiate so that she'd have to pay him monthly installments for the rest of her life to pay back the monetary value of the kidney.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Inkidu

Trieste

Ahm.

He knew their marriage was on the rocks. She was not 'leading him on'.

He has also said that he would make the same decision 'up to this day' and he does not want the kidney. It was made out in the article that he doesn't really so much want the money, either.

He was trying to highlight how terrible it is for someone else to demand something vital to your health in a divorce settlement. Like, oh, children. She wants full custody of the children. He wants to be able to see his children. If you read the article it's not so much about the kidney.

Jesus.