News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

DnD 5e: Brightvale Chronicles

Started by ShadowFox89, December 15, 2015, 10:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

Lyku, what kind of fighter are you going for, and would you object to another?

I'm thinking Warforged made by Dwarves with a heavy Hephaestus tint, either Battle Master or Eldritch Knight.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Lyku

I have a female cleric concept I can dust off if you want to grab fighter.  I'll get her info up soon enough.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Chulanowa

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 16, 2015, 09:34:29 PM
I should note, I have a preference for running games with female characters......

On that topic, just wanna ask - what of futanari or trans characters?

Phaia

Character Name: Aurelia Flavius 'Goldie'
Class: Eldritch Knight [6]/Warlock [1]
Race: Human
Background: -Urchin-

Goldie grew up in the second largest city of the Cyrene Empire, Four Hills City. She barely knew her mother, a street whore and has no idea whom her father was. Growing up was a challenge just to survive. She grew to be quick and agile and smart enough to stay steps ahead of the theif's guild and any local constables. Yet by the time she was 16 she was no longer a virgin in any sense of the matter and had run afoul of various guilds till one day things changed.

She was called Goldie for her bright yellow gold hair, as far as she knew she had no other name, and she was gasping for air as she ran. Her feet drove her toward one of the open merchant areas near the East gate. She hoped she could lose the jerks from the Thief's Guild somewhere around the bustling stalls and tents. They were upset that she never paid 'taxes' to them nor would spread her thighs for them so this day they had decided to teach her a far far harsher lesson then any before and she would be lucky if she lost just a hand. Glancing over her shoulder she could see half a dozen of them spreading out between the various merchants. maybe it was luck or fate of just some sense she had but her feet sped her toward a tent with 2 legion guards, in full gleaming breastplates and capes with spears, standing on either side of the closed tent flap.Ducking through the opening she skidded to a stop and twisted to glance back through the parted opening as she saw the guilders gathering near by. Then she nearly jumped as a strong voice from the dimness behind her seemed to almost growl, "I gather you are here to sign with the legion but you do look a bit young."

Many things changed for her that day. Lying about her age she joined the 10th Cyrenian Legion. There she gained a real by the gods name learned to fight and how to read better, she learned the trade of war and found a home and in many ways her self. She used the skills learned on the street to become one of the best scouts for her legion slowly climbing in rank. After 7 years she finally left. The desire to see the world had grown in her and though she now was a junior officer and a citizen and was gifted a plot of land in a far corner of the Empire, something drove her to explore more and learn more. Magic came to her and she began selling her sword to merchants and a few freelance units it was one of those just 18 months ago that changed her again.

Aurelia knew she was in trouble bad already she had used her major magic and all she had left was her cantrip. Her swords were bloody and still the goblins charged. They had came to this cavern system on the rumors of a hidden temple and lots of wealth and all they had found so far was endless ranks of goblins. She lead the way now as what was left of the party fled back toward the surface. Turning a corner and she felt a rumble and heard shouts as suddenly the floor gave way under her feet. Falling, tumbling off stone, she fell to land hard surrounded by dust and debris. Finally she groaned as she moved to stand swaying. Pulling a candle from her pack she puffed it alight with a simple spell and her eyes widen. Somehow she how found the very thing they had come here for...a gleaming statue of 'something' was there and as she stared it seemed to shift and flow. Suddenly she felt her mind on fire as she sank to her knees and screamed...

Her wandering heart had brought her this town, Brightview, and she would stay a while and see how she could help out or what she could find after all it was only a few days before she would celebrate her 26th birthday and she would like to at least have a good meal and a hot bath...and maybe peach pie would be nice.

I will work up the character sheet as needed per Shadowfox.

Phaia

Premier

Name: Mabli Teague
Race: Shifter
Class: Barbarian 7 (Totem Warrior)
Background: Sailor
Backstory: They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and Mabli's getting pretty sick of people saying it. Mabli's old tribe was a messy mix of different races who couldn't hack it in a warrior tribe. A bunch of fishermen and peaceful sea faring traders and Mabli had barely gotten old enough to talk before realizing that her heart wasn't going to be in it. They were getting by but gutting fish for the rest of her life seemed like a right miserable time, she talked of being heroes and taking riches instead of hoping to find them in fish bellies. The crew knew a troublemaker when they saw one and it wasn't long before the Captain was bringing out the lash to shut up the mouthy beast girl, but the first taste of leather had her pulling at the ropes tying to the mast in fury and when they broke she was in the mood to bite.

It wasn't a fight she'd win she knew that and having scarred the captain with a rather wicked gnaw to the face she wasn't going to be shown mercy either. A tribe of old men and cowardly warriors weren't able to stop the wild cat easily, but when the heat of anger started to drain from her she knew they were going to skin her for what she'd done and numbers were very much not on her side, so she took her chances with the sharks instead. It turns out she had a way with animals, in that if you punch a shark on the nose hard enough it might be too shocked to even notice you grabbing it for a ride. Wet, half drowned and a bad taste in her mouth from having bitten both a rather sour captain and an incredibly pissed off shark, by the time Mabli got to shore she'd pretty much had it with sailing.

It didn't stick, with no tribe no one in the land trusted her and so she was left to make a living signing up for the bloody stupid sea trip enterprises that usually ended up with everyone dead of hunger, thirst, pirates or if you're particularly lucky a horrible monster instead. She got pretty good at surviving all of those things and gotten a reputation as someone who'd either see your trip through hell, or arrive back at shore alone with a boat washed with blood and the manic smile of someone who had a boat to sell now and it was going awfully cheap.

Mabli's still up for hire from anyone with a scheme mad enough that they'd consider paying her, or at least spin a good enough story about a fantastic reward at the end. She's not in it for the money, she's in it for the biting.

ShadowFox89

I won't be doing much checking until Monday at the earliest.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

I should have  asked before I posted anything. Shadow are you using the varient human option? Feats?

Phaia

Nanachan

So are we still going for an all girl group? If so I think I might drop out, I prefer a balance

Lockepick

I haven't posted anything because I was under the impression that there was going to be a specific format/template to follow, but I haven't seen it posted yet.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Nanachan on December 19, 2015, 09:10:42 AM
So are we still going for an all girl group? If so I think I might drop out, I prefer a balance

I'm wondering this myself. I can play and enjoy playing female characters, but I vastly prefer playing male ones.

ShadowFox89

Male characters are still fine. Again, will post monday.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Phaia on December 19, 2015, 07:54:48 AM
I should have  asked before I posted anything. Shadow are you using the varient human option? Feats?

Phaia

I think variant human is allowed.

ShadowFox89

Yes to feats, no to variant human.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

eternaldarkness

Phaia

well as a fighter type I have 2 ability score improvements and now have to decide on if I prefer a 20 dex or an 18 and a feat and drop the warlock dip [wanted warlock for the 'Hex' spell very very useful for a duel weapon fighter type]

Phaia

Premier

Mostly did up my sheet!

My random trinket roll was a pirate flag and that's just too good to pass up for a Sailor who isn't a pirate.

DomJoe

Welp, no to Variant Human kinda messed my day up... I sure don't want to use a plain human, so I might have to rethink backstory...

AndyZ

Seems like we have enough tanks at the moment, so I'm working on a male human druid.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Zaer Darkwail

Name: Iorthir Icesong the Half-Born
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Champion 7
Backstory:
Wall of text warning
Iorthir was born twenty five years ago to a elven warrioress Elestra Icesong, Elestra had been raped by human soldiers whom she had fought in battle in border dispute. She had been captured and raped over and over again but she remained unbroken, then she was rescued by her comrades from slave camp and brought to north but she was deeply in pregnancy and there was no way safely stop the pregnancy so she had to carry through it. However her harsh treatment along with pregancy made her body weak and she caught sickness which weakened her body further with fever and she died while giving birth to Iorthir.

Now, Elestra's family saw the half-breed nothing more than disgusting reminder of Elestra's treatment and not part of their tribe. So following customs of their people how they treat infants which are born with defects is just carry child into wilds and placed there to die during the winter and devoured by whatever happens come across the newborn child. However quirk of fate pack of wolves moved into area and heard cries of newborn baby, in the pack there was female wolf which had lost all pups recently on disease which had infested on their earlier den and mother instincts kicked in and the female wolf then started take care of the half-elf baby and nurse it.

Ten years later a local aged elf ranger Jalik 'Strider' Frostbranch heard rumors about a 'wolfman' in the woods, spotted by some local herders running with pack of wolves. Suspecting a werewolf Jalik started track the wolf pack and seek slay the werewolf before further trouble arises from such. However he was surprised as he tracked the pack and got closer look on the wolfman to see it was a half-elf child....living and communing with wolves like one pack members and hunting alongside with them! Jalik had to make hard decision and decided he has to capture the wolfman, as a half-elf child's natural place is not in the wolfpack. Albeit it's weird miracle itself but he knows this is not natural as child was different species than the wolves around it.

So, Jalik hunted the child but now different purpose, he manages lure child onto trap after a day and then drag child on his cabin and start a very long process taming the child. He himself dislike the term but that very much was it; as child was feral and completely like a wolf. So it took good two years of patience and daily interaction before child was anyway presentable shape to talk, use tools, wear clothes and understand most concepts like other humanoids do than animals. Jalik named child as Iorthir, which is for elven 'wolf born'. However he also asked around had anyone lost half-elven children around the community and so far none came up.....expect until he came across Icesong tribe who told one their own had given birth of one but they had thrown the child into forest....which to Jalik was monstrous deed for innocent child but tribe was adamant on their judgement. Also tribe elders were shocked to learn the child which they had thought dead long gone along with mother had actually survived!

This caused uproar especially amongst Eleste's close family, especially on her brother who swore to kill the bastard but elders forbid it; as laws are clear if child survived on it's own without aid of the tribe in the woods (even if taken care by wolves), the child is considered part of the tribe. So Jalik introduced Iorthir to his relatives as adoptive parent....and overall things did not go very well at all. As Iorthir was bullied, mistreated and called 'half-born' daily basis. Iorthir was unhappy and wanted live with Jalik than with his people (or back in wolf pack). However Jalik was firm in keeping Iorthir on the tribe where he truly belonged but he promised visit Iorthir regularly to check up on him.

Thanks being bullied Iorthir made no friends from the tribe, only elders were neutral but even they viewed him as 'lesser' than pureblood members of the tribe. So not much was expected from him. Iorthir listened and heard about tribal warriors and he sought mentor for himself but all potential candidates laughed on him and dismissed him. However warriors gained recogniction in the culture despite what their race or origin were, naturally tribe's own warriors were highly praised but they gave praises for select few non-elven warriors as well and given honorifics.....so Iorthir saw becoming a warrior only way to gain acceptance!

So, without mentor he started to train and work hard, just himself. He stole wooden toy sword and started hammer in the forest, recall how he had hunt with the pack and started adopt their tactics and methods for his movements and attacks. This lasted for several years until he reached age of seventeen, a age where he could undertake rites of adulthood and considered as adult by tribes standards. However his request was denied, as he had no parents then only his closest male relative, his uncle, would be able vouch for him to get approval. But as uncle still hated the half-breed, hated what humans had done to his precious sister, he spitefully denied Iorthir no chance to get recognized adult and planned him always considered as a child. A worthless child at that.

This angered Iorthir and he ran off, stealing armor and weapons from tribe's armory he then set out from the tribe and started travel in the world. To prove he is something worth to talk about and recognized fully as adult by tribe's standards! Since then he has recklesly ran into conflicts as a hired sword, learning along way from more experienced warriors the tricks of the trade, short brush up and update his skills. He met Jalik somepoint and Jalik saw Iorthir is trying find place in the tribe by traveling the world, so as gift for Iorthir he gave one precious elven cloaks to help Iorthir in his travels and he considers it precious gift from Jalik to him.

He has traveled outside elven lands and fought in lands of dwarves and orcs as hired sword and started build quite a personal fame for himself and he is quite familiar with many places now, world traveler who had seen and witnessed many things and grown wiser over the years. But still at heart he yearns for more glory and fame and so much glory and fame that his deeds will be singed at even his homeland tribal gatherings as grand deeds....deeds which not even Icesong tribe elders cannot ignore nor his spiteful uncle. So he can someday return and make second request to undergo the adulthood rites and truly become part of the tribe's male adults and considered full fledged member of the tribe.

Phaia

we have a possible 2 fighters and a barbarian. I can easily go with my second idea of a rogue/arcane trickster. We do not seem to have a  rogue yet though Aurelia has some rogue skills!

Phaia

DomJoe

Yeah, having to re-think my character over and over again is beginning to take its toll. I'm afraid I'll have to drop out of this one.

Chulanowa

The race / culture matching is a little... weird. i mean, roman humans are easy as all hell to find. But... egyptian orcs? greek dwarves? Ah well, I'll figure something out  ;D

Zaer Darkwail

You mean pics wise?

Egyptian orcs

= Basically look for brown orcs or those which look like desert orcs. Facial paintings are done by nobility or egyptian tribes mark their alliances and such. Armor/weapon wise it's hard to find orc with a khopesh but then again egyptian orcs may still prefer axes and other weapons. Just focus on light clothing and light armor (egyptians were never in favor for heavy full plate armors, breastplates perhaps).

Greek dwarves

= With Greek focus again on shiny/light armoring as greek warriors were more poets/inventors, there was really only one famous greek subgroup which embraced warrior culture and those were the spartans (big round shields, spears and harsh training and light armor). As greek is warm climate their clothing is light than fur lined or such. Also elaborate braided hair/beards may work as well.

AndyZ

Speaking purely for myself, I would imagine orcs to be either Aztec or Norse.  Shadow gets the say, though.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to play.  Seems like we have enough tanks, and there's too many sexy ladies not to go either male or intersex, but I'm not sure if intersex is allowed.

Premier

I always assumed the culture was more the attitude than the aesthetic. Though of course stealing some of the Aesthetic is fun.

Dwarven Greek - Powerful City States. Each Dwarven Hold has their own thing they excel at, be it invention, trading or military rule. Deeply religious.
Nordic Elves - Warrior Culture. Dying in battle is the only true death. Gods match nature and the world around them. Very aggressive raiding culture.
Celtic Shifters/werecreatures - Tribal culture, who consult with their tribal chiefs/kings in time of crisis. Three Tier Society with Warrior Aristocrats > Poets and Bards > Everyone Else
Aztec Halflings - Mandatory Education. Similar to Roman, except they have an Emperor unlike the Romans disdain for Emperors.
Egyptian Orcs- Leaders are seen as literal walking gods. Reluctant to leave their lands unless provoked.
Roman Human - Nobles are Military Leaders and Diplomats (Often a problem for them). Highly regimented culture. Very aggressively expansionist. Democracy for the Noble Class, with a fear of anyone getting enough power to become a king.

But I could be wrong!