Golden Age of Piracy - Recruiting!

Started by Oneiros, June 01, 2012, 08:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saerrael

Quote from: napanee on June 02, 2012, 07:24:00 PM
I thought you might like that. Giles will be, like me, a man with a somewhat twisted sense of humour.

It had me laughing out loud, indeed. *is still grinning*

Hm... think Giles and dear little Christoph are acquainted through family?

usha

Player:Usha
Name: Melania Idoia / Melchor Idoia
Orientation: Straight, Submissive, potential for switch depending on the scene.
Nationality: Spanish

Allegiance: Neutral
Ship:
Rank/Occupation: Apprentice Doctor/Apothecary
Equipment: Herbs and medicines, bandages, sewing kit (both for clothing and people!), various tools required for her trade.
Weapons: Currently several sharp knives of varying sizes, never before used for combat, but useful in minor operations and in the preperation of medications.

Description: Exotic, tanned skin, wavy black hair, stands at 5'3" with dark brown eyes. Melania as per picture. Melchor shares the same height and slender build, same warm brown eyes and dark hair. He keeps his hair swept back into a long ponytail, or otherwise braided. He keeps himself impeccably dressed, quite formal in his attire at all times.

Personality: Its hard to say is Melania herself even knows who she is. Having to live a dual life, she has had to make certain changes in herself. Melania has been repressed, and it is hard to say who she truly is. Melchior, however is known to be a true gentleman. If he has any vices, aside from secretly being a woman, none are known. He is a man of few words and quick action, intelligent and a man of the books. He is good at what he does, despite his youth. He is not known to drink, or whore, or even join in gambling. He is solitairey and asocial, but always available should his counsel be sought.

Biography: Melania was born as the only child to an apothecary and his wife. She was not a boy, so it was frowned upon that she should learn the skills and while she was not formally taught, she learned a great deal simply by assisting her father in his practice and his shop. Her mother died in child birth, as well as their son, devastating the family of two. Melania was uninterested in the advances of men, her desire for knowledge and love of medicine taking precedence. Her father's death, therefore, left her devastated and without a means for survival. The apothecary shop and their home was taken to pay for debts, and she was unable to hold land. In desperation she turned to the one thing she knew, even if it meant she would have to hide who she truly was.

Melchor Idoia signed on to a merchant vessel days after Melania disappeared. A skilled apothecary and a passable doctor, he was readily accepted onboard a vessel heading towards china to trade in teas and spices. The secret is carefully guarded, and has been for the last three years. Melchor lives the unassuming, quiet life, at least as much as he can sailing from port to port. He is known to be a gentleman, never engaging in vices such as drinking, or prostitution, or even gambling. Odd for a young man, but his skills are valuable enough that no one wishes to press it.

Anything else: Just wanted to get this up, still a work in progress, obviously ;)

Oneiros

NinjaWeazel

Hm.  I'm interested... can we get a consolidated list of who is on what ships?  I have a couple of ideas, but I want to see where there is open space before I start wringing out the brain-sweat.

Saerrael

I think Fedora's doing it the other way around; see which positions are demanded the most, then decide on how many ships are needed.

Oneiros

I'm going to start assigning spots on ships soon :) I think we have at least two ships full of pirates, and are working on a navy ship.

Saerrael

*raises a hand* I prefer Chris to be on a pirate ship, by the way.

Oneiros

*grins* Settled on the pirate side, eh? He'll be on a pirate ship then. ;)

Suiko

I would also like to be on a pirate ship. I can't see a navy vessel keeping a boy captive. <<
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Did someone say Dragon's Dogma 2? -

Saerrael

Quote from: Fedora on June 02, 2012, 08:10:05 PM
*grins* Settled on the pirate side, eh? He'll be on a pirate ship then. ;)

Hey, he might go where the money goes, but I go where the most opportunity is for some raw.. err.. ehm.. booty! *nods sagely*

Quote from: Angel Eros on June 02, 2012, 08:10:15 PM
I would also like to be on a pirate ship. I can't see a navy vessel keeping a boy captive. <<

Speak of the devil.

Suiko

- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Did someone say Dragon's Dogma 2? -

NinjaWeazel

Oho then.  I suspect I shall become the captain of a privateer, since the Navy clearly needs some representation.  And I can in fact whip out an entire roster of NPC crewmen to be replaced with PCs as necessary for the sake of convenience.

Nadir

Quote from: Angel Eros on June 02, 2012, 08:10:15 PM

Actually, the navy's main form or recruiting was to kidnap >_>

Oneiros

Quote from: Eden on June 02, 2012, 08:30:37 PM
Actually, the navy's main form or recruiting was to kidnap >_>

This is very true. ;) They'd scoop young men up and put them to work. Where would they go? Soon enough they're in the middle of the ocean.

And you're welcome to join the navy, NinjaWeazel!

NinjaWeazel

Marie Reynolds

Yep, the Royal Navy called it "Press Ganging"

Flaming Dead Man

It's a lot to catch up to on my phone...  >>  -Curses the slow thing.-

Can I do a sort of... what's the word I'm looking for..?

Con-artist!  Sort of.  xD

He'd play different parts, working his way onto a ship or into an estate, and when the ship would dock or the time was right, he'd take off with a good bit of plunder and disappear.

He'd be a master of disguise.  :)
Wanderings (Updated 2013.08.21.)
(Check this forum for the posting list, as well.)

Partner Search Thread (Updated 2013.08.21.)

Oneiros

We have some openings especially on the 'female' ship and in the navy.
Women don't HAVE to go on the female ship, by the way!

Male Ship
Govad – Captain/Navigator
Cristoph la Croix – Financier/Quartermaster
Du'an - Boatswain
Lucas – Cabin Boy
Edgar Marks - Prisoner

Female Ship
Katarina Acosta – Captain
Dierdre Cullen – First Mate
Edouard (Brigit) LeFevre- Boatswain
Mr. Smith – Prisoner(Doctor)
Giles Wilberforce - Prisoner

Navy
Melania(Melchor) Idoia - Doctor/surgeon
(We have two more potential navy characters also)

Sparrowhawke

*nerves*

Well, I have a potential character, he could work as a Navy guy if they allow for some scary, sadistic sons-of-bitches on there. Not sure how well he'd fit in with the other navy characters, though I suppose I could always make him some sort of ex-navy bounty hunter.

Ironically, Sae, Cristoph frightens my testicles. That is all.

elfguy

Quote from: Sparrowhawke on June 04, 2012, 02:44:05 AM
*nerves*

Well, I have a potential character, he could work as a Navy guy if they allow for some scary, sadistic sons-of-bitches on there. Not sure how well he'd fit in with the other navy characters, though I suppose I could always make him some sort of ex-navy bounty hunter.

Ironically, Sae, Cristoph frightens my testicles. That is all.

I'm always up for having players on my ship, assuming my girl Captain gets approved.
----

Oneiros

Going to be getting some general threads up soon. If you want in in the initial ships, now's the time to hurry and get a character sheet written up!

NinjaWeazel

Player:NinjaWeazel
Name: Asher Conleth
Orientation: Straight
Nationality: English

Allegiance: Former smuggler, currently Privateer for the Crown of England. 
Ship: The Harlequin, a three-masted clipper
Rank/Occupation: Captain
Equipment: A flask of fine brandy, quill and ink, lockpicks.
Weapons: A single flintlock pistol, a belt of throwing knives, a dagger for his left hand, and a cutlass.

Description: Asher Conleth is a man of unassuming build, standing 5'11 and weighing 170 lbs.  His hair and beard are a dark chestnut with touches of iron grey, sharply contrasted by his bright blue eyes.  His typical sea outfit consists of well-worn boots and pants of soft black leather, a loose white cotton shirt tucked into a wide sash, and a dark blue captains greatcoat.

Personality: A gentleman, a rogue, a fearless sailor, and a mild romantic, Conleth is a man in love with life.  He enjoys adventure, adores a challenge, treats his crew with respect and dignity, and loves his ship as though it was his only child.

Biography:  Born in southern England, his father was a merchant and his mother was a proper English lady.  When his father was lost to a storm at sea, his mother followed not long after.  Some say it was a broken heart.  Asher took the family fortune, sank it into building his ship and the trade business, and never looked back as he set out to rule the ocean that conquered his father.  Eventually his smuggling ventures became significant enough to garner official notice, at which point the choice became the rope or the writ.

Anything else:  i can, if you want, whip up an NPC roster for the Harlequin for whatever spots you don't fill with PCs.

Healergirl

My apologies if I've missed it, but what ocean is this starting in?  The Caribbean?  Barbary links could imply the Mediterranean?  Very interested in this!

Oneiros

We're going for kind of a general "Atlantic" area, and probably ending up around the Caribbean/Central America. I'd love to include Barbary pirates but we haven't worked them in just yet. There's still plenty of room for more people to join in! Feel free to fill out a sheet, you can post it here or in OOC, or PM it to me.

undisclosedtoyou

Okay, so I couldn't help myself, I have to throw my hat into this ring, if you'll have me of course.  Here's my character sheet for the carpenter position on a ship.

Player: undisclosedtoyou
Name: Thomas Deveraux
Orientation: Bi
Nationality: English

Allegiance: Pirates
Ship:
Rank/Occupation: Carpenter
Equipment: One Hammer, chisel, Wood file, and Large Screwdriver.  As well as the contents of a small pouch, four pieces of eight, a single blue glass marble, and a tiny tin toy soldier.
Weapons: One grapple, and a sharp blade.

Description: Tall and broad, Tom stands at 5'9".  His frame is muscled from long hours of working as a woodcutter/carpenter, and his skin is a bronze color from having to work long hours out in the sun when it's needed.  His body is littered with scars, some from accidents while working, and a few from fights from his past.

Personality: Tom is rude, abrupt, and completely uncaring of anyone but himself.  Fiercely protective of the vessel he serves on, he's been known to attack anyone who would put on any unneeded damage to the ship, going so far as to cut out the tongue's of those he thinks are the biggest perpetrators.  He's not completely unsocial, as he likes to drink with the crew as much as any man; but even drink wouldn't make him forget his tools, tools that can double as weapons on any occasion.

Biography: Born and raised in the slums of the London docks, he grew up one of twelve siblings, and the youngest son, in a dirt poor hovel of a home; but other than the hunger, he never wished for more than he had.  As he grew older, he, like his brothers, went to work with their father, taking to the sea until he was more comfortable on the rocking ships, than on the solid dry land.  At the age of thirteen, he left his father to work away from his family on another ship. 

His life was simple, he took a wife, and had a son, but the tumultuous salty seas called to him, and he eventually left them behind, to continue on with his life.  Eventually, the ship he was working on was attacked, and he was forced into servitude on a pirate ship.  Despite his seemingly forced servitude, Tom took to his work like he would if he had willingly asked for employment.  To him, work was work, and as well as he got to do what he did best, he could care less if someone wanted to call if forced, or not.

Anything else: Hates anyone who touches his tools without permission, not that he'd give it, and will not hesitate to punish those he feels are too rough on ship.

Because I had for too much time on my hands

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's