[Interest Check] Virtual Reality Fantasy MMO

Started by Yorubi, May 15, 2011, 04:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Yorubi

Woot! Meh the map i was making I think will be just a small outpost if anything. Nyah taking to long making it a full blown city. >.<

SinXAzgard21

TheHangedOne

I could throw together something for you, if you'd like,  Yorubi.  :-) And I've been quiet thus far, I know, but I just want to say, I really like the way things are going. Will probably put BMganpp in the low to mid twenties level wise.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Yorubi

Yes, lets go mid level. 2d6 +20 if you want to be nerdy and roll it, otherwise just go for 18-32 range if you want to pick a level out. I'll go with 50 level cap. :)

http://imageshack.us/m/220/5716/city1dj.jpg Thats all i could come up with, granted I rushed it at the end to finish rather then make it bigger. Was so tedious and just wasn't coming out fully the way I liked. ^^;; The darn background didn't want to change to green/grass look no matter what I tried. >.< Oh well meh maybe it will be worth something to use at some point. ^^;;

Feel free if you want to help to do so. I'm just doing what I can with my limited skills.

TheHangedOne

Looks a lot nicer than what I threw together right-quick-like.  :-) http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c195/TheOneTheOnlyTheShane/MapVR1.png if you'd like to use it for anything, feel free to, Yorubi. It's like the give a penny, take a penny at a convenience store.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Yorubi

Well I did cheat using symbols haha. Hmm not sure really. I'll figure it out tomorrow for sure. I'll make the threads then. :) I would need to add a map key to mine though if I use it, but thats not to huge of a deal. Photoshop (aka the photoshop google chrome application thingy) seems like it can get the job done for that easy. :)

Zone wise I'll start a bit simple and keep it to maybe 1 zone per 10 levels. A little 'lame' I guess if it was a real game, but it would keep from spamming so many threads for the Roleplay. Each zone would have one primary 'environment' though it would have variety in how it is laid out to keep it from being that. For example, a snow area might have parts that are actually grass and melted away while there would be higher elevated fields with snow and the mountains with caves.

DartimusRae

WOOT!!! i'm looking forward to this! huzzah for being a chronicle character! though if it hasn't been thought up, might i suggest an out of world thread, and an in game thread, so the players can interact with the real world and do whatever when they're not jacked into the game?

Yorubi

I already am. I'm making several threads for in game and keeping 1 for out of game. I figure the real life thread likely won't be explored as much as the in game threads, so one of those should work fine. ^^

DartimusRae

man, you are all over it girl! awesome. i'm looking forward to playing with you, even though you hate anthros :P

Yorubi

Hehe ^^;; Well I still got to create my own character, but I'll probably do that after I make the threads. I'm going to make an 'index' thread to keep all the links together and reference it in each thread so it should make it easier to find threads.

In terms of rating, I guess I'd do best to fit it in NC: Exotic to be safe. Probably won't go there, but its always better to be safe then sorry. :)

DartimusRae

well, the NC, probably not, but with a furry in the group, you never know what's going to happen. though tentacles, i draw the line at those.... DX

Yorubi

NC it really depends what people like. NC steps it up over bondage too which I know is something that might more likely appear that passes light. I feel like sticking it in bondage is a little bit more "asking for it" personally haha NC really to me just means it could happen but it doesn't need to, and anything below that (aka bondage) is always possible since who knows in terms of character interaction outside the game and what not. I could toss it in extreme but... meh... it scares me how far some of that stuff could be taken. 

Wolfy

Has this started? Because I'd love to join in as a Magi-knight.:D

Yorubi

Nope! Trying to start it up tomorrow. Feel free to join. You can post the profile here for me to okay if you want, I'll make a profile thread to put it in with all the rest tomorrow.

DartimusRae

Nc seems the best place for it, just in case. i know some people like to abuse their own characters *coughlikemyselfcough*. so, nc should be perfect.

Wolfy

Character Name: Hitomi
Class: Magi-Knight
Weapon: Sword. (Possible Dual wield? Hmm)
Appearance:

Character Background:

Appearance:

Personality:
Background:

I'll finish it tomorrow, but here's a rough outline for now. :P

Yorubi

Yeah. Well working on the zones a bit roughly. I'll probably end up trying to give more detail when making the threads such as common enemies and what not, but I figure I'd get some general basis of them down for something to use.

That is fine Wolfy. I prefer a Magi-Knight focusing on single handed weapons. You need that one hand to enchant your weapon after all and to use ranged spells. I can see if you want to dual wield to create a magical weapon or something of that sorts that acts as an 'attachment' to the other by a magic chain to mimic it to a weaker extend at the cost of sacrificing the ability to use ranged magic unless you dispel it.

Whew I'm so sleepy already. I might add in a few more things to have it ready for tomorrow then go to bed.

DartimusRae

heheh... i'm so excited. i can't wait to get this started *bounces*

Yorubi

Glad to see people are. :)

As a side note as I get off now, feel free to come up with names for the actual 'game' that is being played, since I still don't have one. ^^;;

SinXAzgard21

I made a few minor updates.  I'll be putting up the character abilities and what not after we get the main threads going.

Yorubi

Whew woke up from a small nap feeling groggy. Anyways I'll work on creating the threads in a little bit. Just figuring a good name for the game now. :)

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

DartimusRae

naw... needs to be something catchy, that will draw more players. i would never touch a game that had "ville" in it.

Yorubi

Yeah, hmm... something catchy and with some meaning behind it.

Edit: Name wise, I think I'm going to lean on Legacy. Its a simple name that fits the basic idea behind the idea of one of its definitions.

anything handed down from the past, as from an ancestor or predecessor

Fits the aspect of the world developing from the past civilizations and it seems to me like a word that draws attention. Does it sound good to everyone?