News:

Main Menu

Actually great MMOs

Started by ElohimDune, November 12, 2014, 02:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torterrable

PVP in Vindictus is kind of dead, though. Not well developed, not really rewarding...maybe a little fun against friends, but not a big part of the game, in my opinion.

Dhi

I had a chance to play Blade & Soul over the weekend and it pretty well crushed all the enthusiasm I had for the game. All of it is gone now.

Torterrable

Actually, speaking of crushed enthusiasm, I downloaded Runescape and played it for nostalgia reasons last week, but just couldn't get back into it. I was that guy with 24M and three 99s and whatnot, and I will always remember Runescape very fondly, but...it's just not doing it for me anymore.

Cold Heritage

I've got into TERA with some friends. I'm really, really fond of the High Elf male designs. UNF. Catsanics seem okay too.

I'm not, uh, not super happy about the Elins. I had two play sessions where I had an Elin player stalk me after I asked them to go away and leave me alone.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Samael

Quote from: Cold Heritage on May 31, 2015, 06:31:44 PM
I've got into TERA with some friends. I'm really, really fond of the High Elf male designs. UNF. Catsanics seem okay too.

I'm not, uh, not super happy about the Elins. I had two play sessions where I had an Elin player stalk me after I asked them to go away and leave me alone.

High Elf Males are absolutely delicious to look at.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LcWbp8r2wI

I am also not at all upset about the fact that most of their clothes seem to empathize their hips and stomach, which looks extremely hot.
I made one, just because I like to look at him. *coughs*

I am sharing the feeling about Elins.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

apygoos

FFXIV, Gilgamesh serverrr
game is just overall awesome

Ssieth

I miss City of Heroes a lot (although, friends have pointed out that I seemed to spend most of my time working on costume rather than 'playing').

The games I still play:

EVE Online:  A very immersive space sandbox with enough complexity to keep you peeling away layers for a very long time indeed.  It can be intimidating when you're a new player there, though, so you're best placed finding a group of people to hook up with. Fortunately, there are a number of corporations (they'd be called guilds in most MMOs) who specialize in taking on newer players and helping them find their way.  It's not free to play but when you get experienced enough you'll find you can use in-game currency to purchase game time and play for free that way if you choose.

The Secret World: Modern supernatural horror (with a hint of the super-powered to it) that plays a lot more like a single player game than most MMOs.  The NPCs are fully voice-acted and there's a massive amount of depth to the world and the plot.  A great MMO if you don't want to commit too heavily or have erratic hours that keep you from teaming up regularly with a guild ("Cabal" in tSW terminology).
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (13th November 2023)
One-on-one ideas (5th July 2023)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.

Far eyes

These are games that pass the test of the FTP non awful test (I am broke a lot, so i cant afford to spend money on them )

Pah of Exile: Imagine a version of D3 that did not get screwed up and made with consoles in mind, a game that is not afraid to let you make decisions and the bad ones to. And besides all that be a very good example of its type, and a very fair FTP model.

Warframe: very fair FTP model, you can prty much get everything in the game and not pay a single dime if you feel like trading and wheeling and dealing a bit. Its... by all fairness this is an older better version of destiny, and cooler by a lot.

Star Trek online: It is a nice mix with some problems but a decent FTP model, if you are not to worried about the end game witch is a bit nebulous. But if you just want to enjoy the story lines and play some space ships its a nice way to spend some time.
---

On the World of Tanks vs Warthunder i would argue that while on the first glimpse these might look like similar games, they really aren't so much. Its kind of like saying Unreal Tournament and Counter Strike were the same game. Yes its been a while since i played FPSs and yes i am still going with the analogy :P

But if you enjoy WoT you might want to keep an eye out for Armored Warfare, there are some promising things about it.
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

Life in Color

Quote from: apygoos on June 01, 2015, 09:00:51 AM
FFXIV, Gilgamesh serverrr
game is just overall awesome

Zomg, I play on Gilgamesh, too!

<3

Right now I'm playing World of Warcraft and FF XIV.

And a bit of Diablo 3, since it's summer break.

But, mainly FF XIV - which I started two weeks ago.

The game is absolutely gorgeous, I can play it on my PS4, and I can finally be a White Mage (so the middle school child in me is all kinds of happy.

Golden Spider

Quote from: Starstrider on May 09, 2015, 06:32:25 AM
I've been going on WoW for several years, but the current expansion is feeling a bit stale and boring. It's devolving to the early days where everything was a grind, and I don't appreciate that.
As much as I dislike EA for its butchering of good game franchises, I have to admit that SWTOR has vastly improved since its early days, and I've been having a lot of fun with it lately. The fact that there's an ongoing event that gives you 12x the normal story mission XP definitely helps since you can just cut to the chase and plow through the class storylines without having to bother with the same old sidequests.

I got SWTOR back when it was first realeased and it was so confusing it really turned me off to the game. had no istructions. I had no idea where to go or what to do from the very first point. so tell me it has changed and maybe ill try it again
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

Golden Spider

Anyways for a good MMO. if you like Star Trek, Star Trek: Online is really fun and really attempts and succeeds at staying true to the lore and canon while being a fun MMO
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l