Caravanserai [Reception Area]

Started by Flower, July 05, 2018, 10:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kit Cat

Name: Kinsey O'Malley.
Date | Time: June 6th 2020, morning
Wearing: Battered dark brown woollen trenchcoat, white camisole, knee length camouflage shorts and combat boots—accompanied by a flustered scowl.
Tagging: Open, everyone at front desk

Downing the two drinks, I placed them back on the tray and smiled to the barman in thanks, before moving back to the front desk to get my key card from Lalita.

“505, my lucky number,”
I declared, putting the card into my pocket and patting it. “Or at least it is now that I know I have a room to go to! You’re a star, so you are.”

I couldn’t just leave it there, however. Brandon had done well with the rejoinder, even though I could tell the jibe about his age had rattled him—a useful snippet to jot down in my notes—and I was never one not to scratch a bear when it was already sore.

I’m sure that’s how the phrase goes.

“I’m certainly sumptuous and abundant,” I agreed with a straight face, purposely misunderstanding the version of lush he was referring to. “It’s nice of you to notice too, though maybe keep the flirting until we’ve had a change of clothes?”

Giving him a wink, I chuckled, and patted his shoulder.

“I like you kid; you’ve got balls. I’ll see you around later.”

Giving a general wave to everyone there, I grabbed my backpack and walked with great style down the left-hand corridor…

…moments later, I skipped back past them at a quick pace, and went down the right (in both senses of the word) corridor, and onto my room.

Flower

Name: Reese Leavenworth
Date | Time: June 6th 2020 | Morning
Wearing: Active Gear
Tagging:  Lalita, Brandon (guest), Brandon (co-worker), Newly Arrived Guests

“Heya Brandon.” Reese picked up the man’s passport from the counter top. She glanced down at his picture and then back at his face.

“You took a great photo,” she complimented while typing his information into the database. “I swear, I look homeless in mine. They’re just so strict with them. I don’t see why they wouldn’t let me smile.”

It only took a few seconds before she located his reservation. He was booked in one of the finer lodges. Humming Queen’s ‘Another One Bites The Dust’ under her breath, she opened a drawer and withdrew his room key.

“Your friend must really, really like you,” Reese commented as she handed him back his passport. “If I was you, I would send them a thank you note and a small gift; maybe even something from our souvenir shop? That’s just my opinion though. But you’re all set!” Realizing she was holding his key hostage, she laughed a little then dropped them into the palm of his hand. “Now you’re ready. If you need help with your belongings or finding where you’ll be staying, one of our busboys can assist you.”

Now free, for the time being, she offered a friendly wave to Brandon, who was still in the process of serving the thirsty drinks.

Jaclyn

Name: Katrina von Roissy
Date | Time: June 6, check-in time
Wearing:  white open collar shirt, loose slacks, and desert boots. Kir Royal in one hand and passport in the other
Tagging: Desk clerk (Reese Leavenworth). Anyone within hearing.

… oh, passports ... she fumbles in her bag and produces her dog-eared passport ... tenders it to the desk clerk …

  “Hi. May we check in please? Von Roissy, Käti. And Fatima. I believe my travel agent made our reservations? Fatima will only staying until the next caravan departs, probably in the morning unless the wind comes up.”

… sip of the yummy drink …

  “Can you believe this crush? It's like caravans came in from all over at the same time! But we didn';t see anyone until we got to the center here.”

Flower

Name: Reese Leavenworth
Date | Time: June 6th 2020 | Morning
Tagging:  Katrina, Newly Arrived Guests

Reese ignored the rising urge to help herself to one of Brandon’s rainbow colored drinks. Just looking his delightful array of drinks inspired a thirst which had not been present until his arrival.

Two weathered travelers, both female, served as a much needed distraction from breaking away from her duties as fill-in front desk attendant. Both women appeared in dire need of relaxation; perhaps in the form of a dip in the pool or even underneath the skilled hands of one of their masseuse.

“Hello ladies,” Reese greeted with a brief wave of her hand. “Hopefully your trip here was uneventful but scenic.”
Patiently, Reese waited as the blonde haired woman dug through her purse and pulled out the required identification for check-in procedures.

“Thank you, ma’am.” A quick scan of the photo and information confirmed the woman in front of her was indeed the passport’s proper holder. Once again, Reese entered information from the passport into the hotel’s database. “That’s very kind of you, Ms. Von Roissy. However, if the weather is indeed too bad for travel, we have additional spaces available for our guides. There is no need for her to share lodging with you. It is your choice though.”

Reese laughed at Ms. Von Roissy’s amazement as she handed back the woman's passport and gave her the key to her lodging. "I've seen stranger occurrences happen here. You're all taken care of, ma'am." 

Flower

Name: Theodore Leavenworth
Date | Time: June 6th 2020 | Afternoon
Tagging:  Steffy, Newly Arrived Guests

Theodore strolled down the hallway. He was on break and in the mood for a change in scenery. He had been at the sports courts for most of the day. A few people had entered but so far none were interested in training with him. He imagined that would change once the guests grew tired of heightening their risks of skin cancer (also known as tanning) and indulging in alcohol (and suffering from hangovers).

Unlike his ex-wife/co-worker, he was not bothered by the quiet day. Easy money, in his opinion.
A few minutes later, Theo came across a rather empty front desk. It was absent of any attendants. He paused and took a quick swig of water from the bottle gripped in his hand. Where was that rather pretty…? Maybe she darted away for a moment, in need of a quick visit to the toilet?

He step away from it, fully intending to leave the desk unintended, but stopped at the phone’s sudden and loud ringing.

“Fuck me,” he swore underneath is breath. Theo growled and made his way behind the desk, yanking the phone from its holder. “Hello?!” Not exactly the tone the three owners would have liked but neither did he apply to be a front desk attendant. Luckily, the dial tone was the only response.

Just then, a rather bubbly blonde entered through the doors and made her way over to the desk. Theodore stared with raised eyebrows at her as she explained the history behind her reservation in a rushed tone.

“Uh.” He released the confused noise and pressed a key of the keyboard. A locked screen revealed itself to him. “Yeah,” Theo stalled as he tried to recall the password. “Any particular reasons why you need so many dinner plates.” He stared at her up and down, not believing she was some closet food contest eater. “You’re not planning on feeding the animals. Bad idea. You’ll never get rid of them.”

Levi

Name: Lolita Cheema
Date | Time: June 6th 2020, 8:30
Wearing: pink sari
Tagging: Theo, Steffy

After the first rush of guests Lalita had stepped away from the desk to attend to some other matters. There was a small bell on the desk which she could hear from the small staff room around the corner. Her head in one of the cupboards she had somehow not only missed the arrival of a guest but also missed the phone! Her head shot up as Theodore's rumbly voice reached her head. Muttering in Indian under her breath the front desk attendant rubbed her head and quickly got to her feet.

Rushing from the room she made her way to her post! The young woman ran an appreciate eye over Theo in his sports clothes but flirting would have to wait " I am so sorry!" She gushed "I didn't hear you arrive madam. Thank you Theodore" Lalita sent him a dazzling smile before jently pushing him out of the way. Her hands flew over the keyboard as she entered the password and the check in screen poped up.
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Steffy

Steffy Danielle Dubois, Adventurer
Date | Time: after checking in
Wearing: Pressed jacket
Tagging: Theodore Leavenworth and passersby

Things seem uncommonly busy.  Someone clearly not desk material reviews my check-in, noting my request for meals.  “My meals?  I assume there’s no objection for my order.  I have to believe there is an underprivileged group, scrapping to survive.  Can’t hurt to have them nourished.”   I think further with what he’s said, “I would hope that it would not attract animals.  Are there squirrels in these parts?”

“My best travel rule is move in quickly and completely.  Get oriented.  Might you have time for a drink?  I’d be interested in getting to know the ropes.”    I can’t imagine anything unholy entering his body, “An energy drink of some sort perhaps?”   Maybe that’s too forward in desert society.  I guess I’ll find out.

Flower

Tagging:  Steffy, Lalita, Newly Arrived Guests

“Are you a religious missionary or something?” Theodore asked with a tilt of his head, regarding the woman with a curious expression. “If so, you must have gotten turned around or something in the desert because you won’t find the malnourished or any beggars ‘round these parts.” He couldn’t resist himself, offering her a playful wink. “There are those you might be able to help though.” Yep, he was definitely going to be fired on his first day at work. Theo tried to think of all the animals he’d seen so far since his arrival. “No squirrels but there are definitely mice though. Cuter than the ones back home but just as destructive in mass.”

Around then, the gorgeous Lalita arrived and rescued him from pretending to type information to the still locked computer. Theo slid aside for her but did not leave her alone to deal with Ms. Dubois.

“Anything for you, Ms. Cheema,” he said with a grin. “Wouldn’t want you working too hard. Sorry I couldn’t be more help. I’m not the best with computers.”

At Ms. Dubois’ statement, Theo nodded his head in agreement. “I’m pretty much the same way. It’s why I don’t own more than what can be carried in a single bag of luggage. I’ll pass on the drink but I can definitely show you the way to the bar once you’re settled.”

Giantmutantcrab

Name: Khalil Ag El Mokhtar
Wearing: As pictured
Tagging: Lolita Cheema, Steffy Danielle Dubois, Theodore Leavenworth, OPEN

It felt good to be back home.

These were the last miles of his trek through the desert. Khalil had rode out on his bike in the wee hours of the morning, when the desert was still crisp and cold. It was the reason why he had his jacket on. Without anything to actually hold in the day’s blistering heat, the Great Desert reached freezing temperatures during the night. When he was about a dozen miles away from his goal, he stopped his vehicle, killed the engine… And waited.

And watched.

And took in the celestial ballet that presented itself before him. He took in everything, from the soft shift of the wind to the blues and purples being chased away by the yellows, oranges and reds of dawn. Oh he had seen many sunrises and sunsets in his life. But those of the Sahara, the Great Desert… These were dawns and dusks that swallowed the sky, from horizon to horizon. It made him feel part of the cosmos, of its multitudes of galaxies and planets.

One of the most fascinating things about the Sahara is even when one is born and raised within its warm embrace, it still finds a way to renew itself. It is both familiar and unknown. The dunes, like civilizations of old… They rise, flourish, before inevitably falling, only to begin anew, elsewhere. Like a massive, slow-moving sea of sand. It had always fascinated him, really.

Khalil hadn’t checked his watch, or did anything to break this serene moment. There was something deep and significant for him to return here, to his place of birth. It was… Spiritual, in a sense. He was a citizen of the world, of course. He had lived in Oslo, Nairobi, Rio de Janeiro, Anchorage… And he had felt that he had found a home in each one of those places, of those cities and countries. And here, too, he felt like home. It was a wonderful sensation. So he smiled, a large, toothy grin. He breathed in the now warm desert air, slowly nodding to himself.

Putting on his helmet, he started the engine, turned the vehicle around, and roared through the dune valley he was in, heading in a straight line to the Caravanserai resort. Minutes after his departure, the tranquil winds of the Sahara erased his tire tracks, as if he had never even been there.

He had been born from sand, and one day he would return to the sands.

When he arrived, he slowed at a civil pace and stopped besides the front entrance. The sign mentioned a parking service, and the man was not one to push people around for speedy service. So he pulled his helmet off, running a hand through his locks of dark hair, and waited.

For a few minutes...

...Still nothing.

Well then!

Easily sliding off his bike, he placed the helmet on the seat and headed for the front doors. He dusted himself off lightly as he passed through the perfectly clean see-through doors, noticing that there was a bit of a crowd at the front desk. When the lovely young woman behind the counter dressed in a red and pink sari would have eye contact with Khalil, he would smile kindly and give her a polite nod. Which would mean that yes, they had seen one another. Yes, he was a new customer wanting to check in. Yes, she was busy at the moment and yes, he would patiently wait his turn.

As stated earlier, Khalil was not the kind of man who would push people around around for speedy service. So he instead took a moment to position himself to wait in line, behind the lovely blonde wearing a modern-day safari hat at the young man in a sleeveless t-shirt, revealing a toned and tanned physique.

Steffy

Tagging: Lolita Cheema, Theodore Leavenworth, Khalil Ag El Mokhtar,
and passersby

My request for extra meals gets some pushback from the faux clerk who can’t imagine anyone who might need a meal and can’t afford one.  He mentions mice which doesn’t fall into most anyone’s needy category, and the comment doesn’t seem intended to offer a common bond between us.   

I don’t know how much she’s heard, but share a look with Lolita as she enters and smile. She takes over and gets me checked in.  So my current world, the check-in desk, seems to be divided into the competent, Lolita-a woman, and the questionably skilled, the workout person-a man.  Hmmm, not very different from the rest of my world. 

My suggestion of getting a drink is met with the offer of directions.  At least.  But getting people to chat about what’s going on around here seems to be a slow starter.  I notice a very polite person who stands behind me, waiting.  “I’m checked in I believe.  You’re next.  The clerk” I look at the clerk’s nametag again, “Lolita is very efficient.”   I smile again, “Thank you Lolita.”  I move aside to allow room for him. 

I giggle, “So about to be newest guest to have checked in, I’m about to be shown where the bar is and possibly have a drink with someone who is not drinking, . . . not even water? . . . would you care to join us?”

I add, “I’m Steffy by the way.”

Giantmutantcrab

Tagging: Lalita Cheema, Steffy Danielle Dubois, Theodore Leavenworth, OPEN

Well the young lady in front of him didn’t have cold feet, did she?

He liked that in a woman.

His attention turned to look at the hat-wearing blonde with the dazzling smile. He reached out and offered her his hand to shake. Firmly, respectfully. Not some delicate handshake, nor a crushing maneuver to attempt to impose himself. He smiled back at her. ”I am Khalil. A pleasure to meet you, Steffy.” She was dressed like she was about to go through an expedition in the Amazon. She seemed a model of what to wear to dress like an adventurer.

Then he was offered to go join her, and the personal trainer besides her, at the bar. Having released her hand, he thought for a brief moment about it. ”Of course. I may not stay at the bar for an extended period of time, if only because there is so much I would like to see of this resort before nightfall. But the main bar… It is next to one of the pool areas, I believe.” He seemed to nod to himself, thinking up a quick strategy. "I will get myself properly checked in, change into something suitable for the poolside, and I will meet you there. It is a pleasure to have met you, Steffy.” Taking a moment, he turned to Theodore and offered him a hand to shake as well. Firm, respectable. ”I’ve not yet had the pleasure to speak with you, sir, but I look forward to doing so. I am Khalil. It’s very nice to meet you.” The man shot one of those toothy, ice-melting smiles of his to both of them. Picking up a duffle bag of clothing and various accessories, he would then move to the front of the line, standing in front of the main desk.

He looked over at the receptionist… Lolita, Steffy said was her name? Perhaps Lalita? Khalil hadn’t heard properly but there was no need to ask the young lady to repeat herself. He would have to speak with the beautiful dark-haired, dark-eyed woman behind the front office in mere moments. Plenty of time to know one another’s name. ”Good morning, miss. I would like to stay here for awhile. Please tell me about the available accomodations.” He was actually looking forward to her sales pitch. It didn’t hurt that she was quite easy on the eyes as well.

Dragongoddess

Name: Alexandrena Kensington
Date | Time: June 7, 2020 ||| Morning
Wearing: See Picture
Extra: Driving Ferrari California T
Tagging: Front Desk Workers, Chris (Deandre) Nelson
Mentioning: Khalil Ag El Mokhtar, Everyone in Lobby
Open/Closed: Open

"Hang on!"  A blonde woman called over the noise of the wind to the man in the passenger seat of a beautiful black Ferrari California T.  They'd been driving most of the night to make it to this hotel.  The heiress knew cars weren't supposed to make their way to the hotel but she didn't care.  They'd made the trip much faster than people normally did and that was due to the hybrid car they'd used to make the trip.  Unfortunately, they were now quickly closing the distance between the car and the building.

"Woo-hoo!"  The blonde screamed, her wind pushing her hair back forcefully.  She loved this feeling and wasn't quite ready for it to end.  But she knew what would happen if she didn't stop.  At the very last chance to get the car to start stopping, she started pumping the breaks, slowly decelerating the speed of the car.  There were definitely reasons her bodyguard rarely let her drive and she knew this was one of them.  Even with the pumped breaks, it was still a likely chance they were going to crash.  But Ren knew what she was doing and was able to stop the car, turning it so the passenger side of the convertible vehicle was mere inches from the side of the building.

"Wasn't that fun?"  She asked, eyes gleaming with enthusiasm.  As if she'd been trying to trap the dark-skinned male in the car alone, she turned the expensive vehicle off and let herself out, strutting into the building where she would find a lobby full of people waiting for the front desk workers to check them in.  This didn't phase the woman who walked straight up to the desk.

"I have a Dushura Royal Suite reserved for Kensington."  She stated, in an almost demanding tone.

Steffy

Tagging: Khalil Ag El Mokhtar; Theodore Leavenworth

The handshake.  Khalil seems very deliberate in style and message as he shakes my hand. I then pump his hand firmly in response.  (No fingers clasping his hand, not an evening gown how-do-you-do approach).

And a rendezvous is set.  An hour from now.  I nod.  “Understood.  The bar.  Whoever arrives first gets a table.” 

The faux check-in person (Lolita’s assistant or Lolita’s assistant’s assistant?) has been quiet.  “They must have some sort of energy drink or protein shake.  I’m anxious to get acclimated as soon as possible.  I’m sure you have insights galore.  Do join us.  Please.”   

Gannameade

Name: Chris (Deandre) Nelson
Date | Time: June 7, 2020 ||| Morning
Wearing: Tank top.
Extra: Driving Ferrari California T
Tagging: Front Desk Workers, Alexandrena Kensington
Mentioning: 
Open/Closed: Open

There was a reason he didn't let her drive this was it.  She was crazy as a march hare and a brat besides.  It was something about her though that both pushed his buttons and pushed his buttons.  But he was her bodyguard not her caretaker.  He had to watch out for her, not change her.  They were close before so he no longer tried it was safer for all involved to let Ren do Ren.  He could pull her back from the brink but she wasn't their yet not officially.  But he played the game.  "What the hell is wrong with you?!?"  He said sounding much angrier than what he truly was.  He moved to get out of the car, he followed after her once he got their suitcases his was his military duffle bag and her was a pair of twin bags.  He moved to walking inside more like the dutiful husband that bodyguard carrying her things.  "Depends on your definition of fun?!?"

He walked in true to form he analyzed the place, entrances, exits, refreshments, potential threats.  He did this in less than 60 seconds before he moved up behind Ren to wait for them to be checked in.  Hopefully she didn't miss their reservations. 

Levi

Name: Lalita Cheema
Date | Time: June 6th 2020,
Tagging: Theodore, Khalil, Alexandera

A chuckle passed the young woman's lips as there fellow staff member declared his inability to work with computers. "Not everyone is good at everything" she responded with a smile, a delicate blush forming a s he addressed her as "Miss Cheema" turning her attention to the next guest Lalita couldn't help but take a small double take he was incredibly handsome the shades almost made him look like a movie star.Good morning, miss. I would like to stay here for awhile. Please tell me about the available accommodations.”.Stay forever! Lalita couldn't help thinking dreamily.

The front desk attendant was so enamoured by the newest guest that the arrival of another went unnoticed until the lady very loudly announced "I have a Dushura Royal Suite reserved for Kensington." Lalita's smile froze ever so slightly before she turned to the woman and said "Of course madam, if you wouldn't mind waiting a few moments I shall just check this gentleman in". Turning her attention back to Khalil, the brunettes smile turned up a notch as she said "I apologize for the wait sir! Our accommodation?...most certainly! We have the standard rooms available and four large suites, at this time only the Baalshamin and Quos are available." Reaching under the counter Lalita pulled out a pamphlet and laid it out for the guest to persue. "Are you traveling alone?"she asked, depending upon Khalil's answer then Lalita could recommend which rooms would more suit him.

Flower

Tagging:  Steffy, Khalil, Alexandrena, Newly Arrived Guests

Theodore did not protest nor hesitant when it was time to relinquish control of the front desk back to its actual owner. Though he did participate in conversation with Ms. Dubois, he could not help but notice and admire how Lalita handled herself. She appeared at home within the flurry of activity, not breaking a sweat or appearing stressed out. He made a mental note to compliment her later once she was not busy answering questions for a new guest.

His question about Ms. Dubois’ background went unanswered as she became distracted by the arrival of a dark haired motorcyclist. Theo couldn’t blame her as the man had a magnetic presence, even without uttering a single word. Besides, it wasn’t a competition. He listened somewhat to their conversation, only interjecting when he heard mention of nightfall.

“Make sure to check it out in the even as well,” he suggested to the man, mouth spreading into a knowing grin. “Same place but two different atmospheres. In fact, I think they’re throwing a party or something tonight. There will probably be more info in your room.” 

Theodore was all set to escort Ms. Dubois to her room. Yet, another set of guests entered through the automatic entrance doors. He glanced at Lalita who was engrossed in conversation with the motorcyclist. Though he was eager for a break, as he earned it, leaving her alone was not an option. Clicking her tongue against the roof of her mouth, he motioned for two bellboys to come over to him.

“I’ll have to take a raincheck on that drink, Ms. Dubois,” Theo said with a sigh of regret. “Don’t hold it against me. I promise to take you up on the offer. Maybe once I’m off the clock. Either way, these lads can help carry your belongings to your room. They’ll also show you the bar. For now, I’ll give you one recommendation, one that you can use today. For your first drink, ask for a Mirage Spicy Martini. Tell them it’s courtesy of Theodore.”

Just then, a rather rude woman strutted by all of the other guests and made it clear that she rather not wait another second for service. Luckily, most of the others lingering in the lobby were in conversation with themselves or snagging a free drink from one of the bartenders.

“Not to worry, Ms. Cheema,” Theo announced, cracking his knuckles. "I can take care of her."

He slid over to an empty computer and tried one of his usual passwords. He never really invented a new one, only changed the number at its end. It took a few failures before it shifted to a new screen, one which required him to update his password. He hadn’t logged in since training.

“Name and a form of identification please.” While waiting, he typed out a new password. Unlike Lalita, his fingers did not fly across the keyboard. Nope, he pressed it one letter at a time.

LocusVonErich

Name: Joseph Edwards
Date | Time: 6 June 2020, 2pm local time
Wearing: White khakis, white button down shirt with sleeves rolled to the elbow and the buttons only buttoned up to the solar plexus
Location: Just arriving at Caravanserai, moving to Front Desk
Tagging: Lalita Cheema, Open

Joseph had made his booking from a hotel in Paris, having left the states two weeks ago and taking his time to travel. The flight from Atlanta to Paris was long and turbulent. From Paris to Athens, from Athens to Barcelona, Barcelona to Tangiers, Tangiers to Rabat, Marrakech, Casablanca, through the Atlas Mountains. Joseph Edwards finally got to see the world through his own eyes, rather than watching Anthony Bourdain bring it to his TV screen.

Each journey was new, each journey brought about perspectives, stories he would have never believed he could see or hear for himself as he closed in towards the rendezvous point. There he would meet two men with camels. Annoying beasts. Edwards decided he would rather fly, at least he didn't have to worry about controlling a sentient animal traveling that way.

Edwards had been late to the meet-up, and thus didn't arrive to the oasis he sought until the early afternoon. The advertisements, the word of mouth...none of them came even within an iota of correctly describing just how beautiful Caravanserai truly was. Joseph would slowly walk into the front doors, trying to absorb every detail he could. Wondering who built such a place, what wealth they must have had, what royalty they must have been.

Finally arriving at the front desk, he took a moment to look at this young woman, ascertain the details of who she was, where she had been. "I'm here to check in. A Quos Residential Suite, reserved under the name Edwards. Also, if you could point me in the direction of somewhere I could get a drink, that would be wonderful. I haven't had a good stiff drink since I left Casablanca, and I need to forget about the fact that I just spent twenty-two hours on a camel." His voice was deep like the Marianas Trench, smooth like the finest silks, and contained within a tone that felt authoritative without being overbearing or controlling.

Levi

Name: Lalita Cheema
Date | Time: June 6th 2020, 2pm
Tagging: Joseph

Morning arrivals finally all booked in the young woman had a few moments to herself. She smiled happily this was defiantly the job for her! Excitement, romance, a hint of danger, each guest had their own unique story and Lalita enjoyed envisioning their every day lives. At noon she had closed the desk for her lunch break and returned promptly at one pm. Nothing much has happened a few phone calls which the officiant young woman had dealt with in a speedy manner. She had then pulled an old romance novel from under the desk and had been deeply engrossed when the doors of the hotel opened once again.

She looked up, her green eyes sparkling like jewels a slight flush to her cheeks due to the humidity. Smiling she greeted the new arrival "Good Afternoon!" As soon as Mr Edwards announced his name, Lalita filled in the information on the data base. Easily finding his reservation she drew up the relevant documents. "Of course sir! The hotel sports a most wonderful bar called Mirrage" from her trusty draw she drew out a map of the hotel. Grabbing her pen she circled their location. "Here we are, at reception and this" she pointed "Is the bar", she then jestered down the corridor "Not to far down there, Brandon our bar tender can furnish you with exactly what you need!" She said smiling.

Folding the map she offered it to him and then asked for his identification. "Twenty two hours?! Where did you fly in?" She asked making small conversation as she made quick work of the gentleman's check in.

LocusVonErich

Name: Joseph Edwards
Date | Time: 6 June 2020, 2pm local time
Wearing: White khakis, white button down shirt with sleeves rolled to the elbow and the buttons only buttoned up to the solar plexus
Tagging: Lalita Cheema, Brandon Murphy, Open

"Drove about seven hours from Nashville to Atlanta. Boarded a flight from Atlanta to Paris. Travelled through Europe and caught a ferry at the Spanish Mediterranean coast and arrived in Tangiers last Friday. Spent the week exploring Morrocco, going through Rabat, Marrakech, and Casablanca. Left Casablanca by car late Wednesday, didn't get to the rendezvous until about noon yesterday. Having car trouble in a small village in the Atlas Mountains is an experience I wouldn't wish on Hitler himself, it was that rough. Being late to the rendezvous, we spent the rest of the day and through the night marching on camels. There's something unsettling about having a transport with its own brain." Joseph would chuckle slightly as the attendant would hand him the map and his key. "You seem to have a smooth operation going at this desk. I respect that. Thank you." Edwards would leave an American 20 dollar bill on the counter. The way he did it betrayed the fact that he wasn't used to being a rich man, and that he wasn't used to spending money indiscriminately.

Walking off, Joseph Edwards would follow the map dutifully to his room. A room that was his and his alone. Even though he had lived alone for over a decade, he was still amazed at the size and magnificence of his new place. Even the apartment he had rented back home wasn't this...large. Undressing, he would shower and change clothes, putting on attire that looked identical to what he had wore during check-in...another quirk that came from frugality.

After that, he would take his map and make his way to the Mirage, and it seemed as if the bar fit the name almost TOO well...or was it the other way round? Either way, Joseph Edwards was once again out of his element. Grabbing a stool at the bar, he awaited the barman to finish up with other customers, trying to be inconspicuous in order to hide the fact that he was indeed the odd man out.

Giantmutantcrab

Tagging: Lalita Cheema, OPEN

Khalil slipped a sideways glance at the loud, brash young woman who had strutted along to the front of the line, demanding a room reserved to a specific name. It took but a few short seconds before the situation was dealt with. The fit young man who seemed like either a fitness trainer or perhaps a member of security decided to take charge and usher the demanding woman in order to prevent any friction. Taking off his sunglasses Khalil looked at Theodore, smiled, nodded and said ”Thank you.” to the man. It was very professional of him to have accepted the burden of the situation and not just allow it to move beyond normal control.

Turning back to Lalita, he looked into those big, beautiful chestnut brown eyes of hers for a second, before glancing down at the flyers presented to him. Head tilting for a moment he decided on simplicity. ”Oh, I would go for “indefinite” as for how long I will remain here. I have all the time in the world to decide.” Another large smile. ”I would like a simple room, please. And I am traveling alone. No pets, no smoking.” Sliding one of the pamplets out of the stack he looked it over, nodded to himself and slid it back to Lalita. ”I would like to rent  one of the Quos suites, if there is one still available. I’m afraid I have not taken any reservations.” An apologetic smile, a hand brushing through his black locks.

Endogenesis

Name: Laila Røed.
Date | Time: June 6th mid-afternoon.
Wearing: T-shirt with s faded Diablo 3 icon, faded black jeans that now borders to grey, sandals with socks. (Yes, with socks!) and an oversized sunhat.
Tagging:Open

The Saharan desert had been enlightening, first of all Laila had learned upon landing in Marocco that sunstroke was a horrible affliction, having spent the two first days there violently ill, she had cursed whatever gods she could think of.  Recovering enough to finally travel on, she had dreaded the trip by camel through the desert.  The destination one she silently mouthed to herself as they travelled through the wast expanse of sand.  Caravanserai.

Her little secret, her new beginning.  No one knew she had travelled here, and for the first time in years she found herself smiling at nothing at all.  She had not found her peace at home, so it was time to try something completely insane.

Arriving, she heads to the front desk, but not without pausing to take in this wondrous place in the middle of the desert.  Would this be far ennough?  Could she escape here? Taking a breath she steps into the front desk area and immediately feels a relief from the blistering warmth of the afternoon sun.  She immediately feels somewhat small as she enters, looking at other guests that seem to be dressed in things that would look horrible on her, and that she'd struggle to afford.

Stepping up to the front desk she clears her voice and says "I have a reservation." in a tone that's clipped and somewhat impatient, her nordic accent only seems to make it worse.
"And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many.”

Flower

Name:  Natasha the Front Desk Attendant
Date | Time: June 6th mid-afternoon
Wearing:  Uniform
Tagging: Laila

Natasha chewed her strawberry flavored bubblegum without blowing it into an impressive sized bubble like usual. That type of shenanigans wasn’t allowed here. She was a long way from home. Who would’ve thought a country girl from a no-name town in Mississippi would land such a prestigious job? Certainly not her nor anyone else who learned of it.

People still didn’t believe though she posted a picture of herself in uniform on Facebook. They thought she left everything for some man or a part of some shady scheme. She didn’t blame them. Hell, she was leery of Caravanserai as well when she job advertisement on Indeed.com. Desperation made her apply though she was afraid it was a joke; it struck again when she received a phone call, making her ignore her mother’s concerns about them being a funnel for the sex slave industry.

Anything was better than working at that hellhole for low pay and long hours.

Natasha’s mother had been beyond pissed when she accepted the position. Who’s going to take care of that baby? You taking her with you. It wasn’t possible. Plus, she couldn’t just uproot her child and drag her across the world where they’d be no other children. Her baby threw a massive fit the day she left for the airport. Thinking about that day made her heart hurt but she reminded herself that distance brought her opportunity home never once provided her.

The ding of the automatic sliding doors announced the arrival of yet another guest. Natasha pulled herself from thoughts of home, of family, and put forth her best face. People were paying an arm and a leg for a fantasy; she needed to play her role or risk losing her job.

“Good afternoon, ma’am.” Natasha greeted in a pleasant voice, ignoring the lady’s sharp tone. “May I have your name and identification so I can look you up in the system? I promise it won’t take up too much of your time.”

Endogenesis

Fumbling for her passport, Laila finally found it, pulling it out with her travel documents and her reservation.  Handing them to the woman behind the front desk and shifted her weight from one leg to the other in a way that made her look restless.  You don't belong here. The thought snuck into her mind like a vicious little serpent, she tried to focus on something else, and her gaze fell to rest on a brochure for various activites one could partake in while being a resident here.

"Everything is in order?" she asks absentmindedly a little while after.  Laila had spent weeks agonizing about this trip -it was so expensive- but with all her savings she was able to swing it.  It was foolish and crazy, spending most of her funds on a trip into the desert.  But this was what she needed.

At least here no one knew her, a couple of weeks here, to rediscover or perhaps even reinvent herself was what she needed.  And then what, back home? She tried to shake off the constant nagging at the back of her mind, but it remained. 

"And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many.”

Flower

Name:  Natasha the Front Desk Attendant
Date | Time: June 6th mid-afternoon
Wearing:  Uniform
Tagging: Laila

Natasha kept her demeanor professional, meaning she did not roll her eyes or click her tongue when the woman struggled to locate a means of identification within the confines of her purse. Years of working within the customer service industry meant she was used to the scales being weighed more favorably in the customer’s direction. It was okay for them to make mistakes but nothing less than perfection was acceptable for her.

Rather than stare at the woman, and likely make her more nervous, she occupied herself by moving the mouse across its pad and pretended to bring up programs which were already present for use on her screen. Soon enough, the woman handed over the necessary documentation. Natasha took all of the paperwork with a gracious smile and began to read through them for pertinent information.

“Ms. Røed.” Natasha struggled with the woman’s surname, unaccustomed to the weird letter present within it. Lifting her gaze from the paperwork, she offered the woman an apologetic smile. “Did I say that right? Sorry if not. I always struggled with pronunciation.” A manicured nail with french tip marked the progress of her gaze as she moved down each page. Content, she shifted her attention back to the computer and began entering necessary information and pulling up the woman’s reservation.

“Yes,” Natasha reassured without looking up. “Almost done.” Stepping away from the computer, she grab the Ms. Røed’s key and papers to hand back to her.  “I have you in a Qos Suite. You’re all set! Before I let you go, do you have any questions? Don't worry if you don't. If you think of one, you can always just give us a ring. Someone's almost always by the phone.”

Endogenesis

Name: Laila Røed.
Date | Time: June 6th mid-afternoon.
Wearing: T-shirt with s faded Diablo 3 icon, faded black jeans that now borders to grey, sandals with socks. (Yes, with socks!) and an oversized sunhat.
Tagging: Who is your character talking to at the moment? Natasha.

"The pronounciation was not too bad." she says as she gets her eky and travel documents back.  For some reason she had this lingering fear that someone would glide in -in her mind this place is too classy to do anything but glide- and tell someone had made a mistake, that she simply would have to leave.  She could not help but glance guiltily at the woman behins the front desk as she was thinking this.

"I wonder if someone could show me to my room?" she finally manages, wondering if this was a big ask.  Not wanting to be a bother.  She begins fidgeting with her passport as she asks.  "I mean I am sure I might find it on my own -- I think..."  Why are you acting like such an idiot?  She closes her eyes for a moment.  "I am sorry, I will find my way." she says, once more the words sound harsh and impatient, Natasha would have a distinct feeling the anger and impatience was not directed at her though. 

Walking off  with impressive speed, Laila pulls her suitcase along.