What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Scree is like an old gay guy xD

Host of Seraphim

You mean the way he acts/talks in the game? I can... kinda see that. But he's so adorable! I wanna pet his little stony head. He reminds me of one of my cats. The ugly one.  :D
Tentatively trying to get back into RPing...

:: O/O :: A/A (updated 3/2 -- please read) ::

Leo

I've lost my passion for the 3rd generation games lately, so I went back to the old ones.

Playing Parasite Eve 2 these days -already beat it thrice in five days.
I'm not new. I just... lurk...

Brandon

wow, I havnt played primal in a very long time. Come to think of it I dont even remember what the story was but i remember it being interesting

I havnt decided what Ill be playing and consequently reviewing next week so until I figure that out Im going to all three episodes of Xenosaga
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

Soon. (AS in, a few weeks) I'll be playing BlazBlue: Continuum Shift...despite my total lack of skill with fighters. LOL.

Might also consider picking up Pokemon SoulSilver or HeartGold Again...now that I have WiFi for my DSi, I can actually go online with it. o3o

Sabby

Ninja Gaiden 2. It's such a silly game xD

Level 1. Fighting Ninja's on skyscrapers. Boss fight is a giant spider on a helipad.

Level 2. Fighting Ninja's in a town owned by your clan. Boss fight is a Nina with a backhanded katana with red lightning and Wolverine claws.

So far, not so strange right? Aside from the giant spider, it's just the typical nina stuff, right?

Level 3. Fighting Ninja's, Dog Ninja's that use a dagger in their mouth and toss exploding shurkens, demon bats, and massive pink monsters that breath fire through New York. Boss fight is a cyborg worm with a cherubs face that conducts lightning.

Okay, huh? What's next, fighting Werewolves in Rome?

Oh, wait...

Brandon

They really should remake the original nina gaiden series. It had some great story telling moments. Then again, I feel the story might be unoriginal considering every fantasy game seems to have to have demon elements by law

Ya know what I would like to see though? A nice werewolf game. Give me a game where its a shadow world similar to Werewolf: The forsaken and let me have the 5 forms, each one having its strenghts and weaknesses. In fact make it an rpg where speech, combat, stealth, and shaminism are equally viable as well as a well written, overarching story that takes me from the city into the vast wilderness, and even further into a shadow world to destroy something big, ugly, and awesome

*thinks he should design such a game now*
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on July 14, 2010, 07:02:57 AM
Ninja Gaiden 2. It's such a silly game xD

Level 1. Fighting Ninja's on skyscrapers. Boss fight is a giant spider on a helipad.

Level 2. Fighting Ninja's in a town owned by your clan. Boss fight is a Nina with a backhanded katana with red lightning and Wolverine claws.

So far, not so strange right? Aside from the giant spider, it's just the typical nina stuff, right?

Level 3. Fighting Ninja's, Dog Ninja's that use a dagger in their mouth and toss exploding shurkens, demon bats, and massive pink monsters that breath fire through New York. Boss fight is a cyborg worm with a cherubs face that conducts lightning.

Okay, huh? What's next, fighting Werewolves in Rome?

Oh, wait...

D: thanks for spoiling it, Sabby. >_<

Sabby

Spoiling what, the deep story and characterisation? :P NG2 is everything that gaming was made for but feels obligated to deny. Boobs, explosions and killing monsters. A lone man with a sword and martial arts training taking on modern military by himself, saving extremely large chested women with guns, turning air into spinning blades to behead and de-limp entire crowds of demons and then slowly walking away from the explosion that was the end boss fight a few seconds ago.

And then out of no where, a giant Werewolf with a scythe decides to send hundreds of his children to destroy Venice and find a warrior (in other words, you) who can put up a decent fight... out of boredom... with almost no relation to the story at all...

Yes, NG2 is retarded, pointless, and awesome.

Womb Raider

STill Playing C,O,D 4 god its sooo goood I need to break away from my obsesion with it though its getting out of hand cant pull another all nighter and go to work on no sleep.

ANy recomendations for good games on PS3 with alittle depth?
A magister can ostendo vos ianua , tamen vos must penetro per vestri

Nyarly

Quote from: Wolfy on July 14, 2010, 06:31:30 AM
Soon. (AS in, a few weeks) I'll be playing BlazBlue: Continuum Shift...despite my total lack of skill with fighters. LOL.
I suck at fighters too, but I like to play them anyway and BlazBlue is just awesome.

Well, at least Calamity Trigger is, what brings me to the question, when Continuum Shift will be released in Europe. The fact, that one year was needed for the release of Calamity Trigger, doesn't fill me with confidence.

Heaven Sent Blossom

Quote from: Brandon on July 14, 2010, 07:13:12 AMYa know what I would like to see though? A nice werewolf game. Give me a game where its a shadow world similar to Werewolf: The forsaken and let me have the 5 forms, each one having its strenghts and weaknesses. In fact make it an rpg where speech, combat, stealth, and shaminism are equally viable as well as a well written, overarching story that takes me from the city into the vast wilderness, and even further into a shadow world to destroy something big, ugly, and awesome

Bioware will develop it and you will have a revolutionary moral choice system where you can either be a baby eating, slobbering monster or a misunderstood beast with a heart of gold.

Seriously though, somebody needs to reform Troika, give them some people who can actually code and then allow them to go back to the World of Darkness license and pick up from what they did with Bloodlines.

Leo

Quote from: Heaven Sent Blossom on July 14, 2010, 02:14:14 PM
Bioware will develop it and you will have a revolutionary moral choice system where you can either be a baby eating, slobbering monster or a misunderstood beast with a heart of gold.

Seriously though, somebody needs to reform Troika, give them some people who can actually code and then allow them to go back to the World of Darkness license and pick up from what they did with Bloodlines.

Bloodlines was a masterpiece that suffered the impatience of funding company. As much as I'd like to see new players introduced to epic RPG titles board, with all the fresh ideas and ways of thinking taking form and shape on screens, I'll choose the evil way and say that it's Bioware that should do it.

;)

Drivestort

Quote from: Heaven Sent Blossom on July 14, 2010, 02:14:14 PM

Never ever ever gonna happen. Not with WW owned by a vidja game company now.

Wolfy

So...Gonna start playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2. o3o

Drivestort

Why can't they make a game called Hugsfield: Good Friends 2?

Leo

All games will be named such in about 20 years.

Nyarly

Quote from: Leo on July 15, 2010, 02:13:59 PM
All games will be named such in about 20 years.
If Moral Guardians ever conquer the video game industry, then that may be right. And this will be the time when I exclusively play Freeware Games.

Unless they get hijacked by Moral Guardians too. *shudder*

Oniya

As long as there are customer service jobs, there will always be at least a black-market for FPS games.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Leo

Actually, I think there will always be a black market for anything that you can buy.

Wolfy

Well, I did the Whole" Buy 2, get one Free" deal at Gamestop...

so Now I'm playing:

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands. (Twas my free game..heard it wasn't as good as the original Trilogy, but meh..I think it's pretty good so far..)
The Force Unleashed. (Finally getting to play this after soooo damn long. lol..)
Darksiders. (Meh..Heard it was like Zelda...and Devil May cry 4...haven't started playing it yet.

o-o..I plan to finish them before this friday so that I can take them back, get the whole Refund thing, and pick out something else. :D Or Pre-order Blazblue and Monster Rancher DS....

Yes..I said Monster Rancher! o3o

King_Furby

been playing an free mmo called pirate galaxy its a spaceship game

Nyarly

I'm playing Earthbound, it's successor Mother 3 and (related to the them in a way) Super Smash Bros. Brawl at the moment.

Sabby

Forgotten Sand's had great platforming, but everything else about it was crap. Prince looked like he had down syndrome, combo was repetitive and clunky, and the story... well, this is POP. It's plot should never be anything short of superb, and this was so not superb...

It's an attempt to return to The Sand's of Time, yet misses everything that made SoT great. Still, platforming is excellent :)

Nyarly

I've buyed the Sands Of Time trilogy a year ago, but didn't got too far on any of the games. What I don't understand is, why so many people think that Warrior Within as harder battles than SoT. That may be right, if SoT didn't have these incredibly aggravating endless battles. They are the reason I probably will never play it again, as it sucks away all the fun and makes the game an exercise in frustration.