[Pathfinder] Iron Gods Adventure path

Started by Chulanowa, May 06, 2017, 01:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibliophilia

Also, if we both get approved, then it'll be awesome for Freja to meet another Skinwalker.

Kathyan

Not being completely familiar yet with everything there is in PF you both made me wonder what a skinwalker is, going to check it right now. :P

Argent Adonis

Basically a descendant of a lycanthrope with a touch of their shifting ability.  Animalistic humans basically.

@ Muse: Hooray for female half-orcs! *Ahem* Neat character ;D
Ons & Offs: F-List | Visual Aid (updated 09.04.17)

Argent Adonis' RP Request Thread

Chulanowa

By the by, if anyone wants a hand wit htheir character, I'm totally available ot lend my expertise  ;D

Re Z L

Apsara Maya
Hellfire Round

Eye Color:  Orange-Red
Hair Color:  Black
Skin Color:  White
Height:  5' 4"
Weight:  115 lbs
Sexual Orientation:  Bisexual

Description

Bulkier clothes and a large hat help keep most of the abnormal traits she exhibits hidden.  Still, she's taken to keeping holes torn in her hat to help her ashen-toned, recurved horns poke through.  She argues that it's easier to keep the hat on that way.  Her skin tone seems mostly normal for the region, if only a slightly lighter shade than most.  Even the abnormally flexible and strong tail she has shares the same coloration.  Her hair is as black as the abyss itself, and her eyes are like twin points of dimly glowing embers--a bright orange-red.  She is slender and short, which makes her good at getting into places at times, perhaps not always to her benefit.

She has a fiery temperament, brought down through her Asura lineage no doubt.  This fire does not necessarily mean anger, but simply a strong passion for whatever she's decided upon at the time.  Still, her emotions are fickle and can shift almost at random.  She values friendship and family--be it by blood or other, less physical ties.  Her second priority is money.  Fending for herself isn't necessarily the easiest of things, so she takes what she can get, when she can get it.  It helps that she has a pretty good knack at keeping people safe (either by shooting dangerous people or just by looking dangerous enough to keep people away), and at tinkering.

Background

If the Asuras were born out of accidents of the divine, then the spawn of the Asuras are surely just as accidental.  Her "mother" was just a surrogate womb for a conniving man.  He was an evil, battle-hardened warrior-mage, and he wanted worthwhile progeny to pass down his martial skill to.  The reasons had never really been clear to Apsara, but she surmised that it had something to do with trying to rule a tiny corner of the shadowy world of the River Kingdoms.  Somehow he had, at some point, bested a Beatific One in battle, and extracted--painfully--from it a service.  He used the demon-creature to impregnate his wife some years later to give birth to sons that would inherit his own skills, as well as the skills of a creature made only for combat.

But the Asuras were born of accidents, and so he had made a mistake in trusting the demon.

His surprise came when the children had been born, two daughters instead of the sons he had wanted.  Of course that wasn't the only misfortune that his arrogance would visit upon him.  Regardless he took to task after lamenting the situation and blaming his wife.  He was their task master after the two girls had grown old enough to hold a weapon.  Apsara eventually learned that she was particularly adept at ranged weapons, and eventually took to the pistol.  Her twin, Samsara, prefered the deft skill of a light blade and up-close fighting.  Apsara was particularly close to their mother, but in time she took ill as part of the final part of the curse her father had brought upon them.  A cancerous, hellish sickness had taken over her and her health slowly degraded.  She was wracked with pain for several days before finally passing away.  Her father suspected the cause but didn't say anything about it until the twins were much older.

They were young teens then, subjected to beatings aplenty as part of their training.  It was almost impossible to know when the next would come, so they grew wary.  Perhaps their alertness was part of the training, or perhaps it was just punishment for being born women instead of men.  They were also forced to fight one another frequently.  Apsara held herself back, which helped her become a little tougher.  Eventually, during one of their training regimens, Apsara learned what had ultimately caused their mother's death.  Their father bragged about it, told them all how his plan had worked out and how they had ruined it.  Apsara decided that she'd had enough.  That night she snuck in to his bedroom and stuck a knife between his ribs.  Too scared to remain behind to see it through she ran away that same night.  Unknown to her the attempt on his life did not succeed, though it wounded him significantly.  Rather than search her out for revenge he continued to train her sister, Samsara, in earnest.  Of course that is another story for another time.

Armed with only a little coin, her pistol, and her wits she struck out into the tumultuous region of the River Kingdoms.  Eventually she fell in with a gang run by an Orc.  They travelled through the region performing various crimes--extortion, thievery, and murder to name a few.  They had gained something of a name for themselves in the area, but Apsara grew weary of preying on others.  She had been something like prey for long enough that she didn't want to subject others to the same thing anymore.  She left the gang when she went on a job with one of the other members.  Despite being told that she couldn't just leave she did anyway and disappeared to the north, where she hoped maybe she could start things over without her past coming after her.

Numeria was a land full of potential, and the small town of Torch was an easy place to disappear into to let things die down.  She started doing a few odd jobs around town, mostly protection, while also tooling around with her pistol and picking up a few bits of alchemical knowledge here and there.  She spends most of her time at The Foundry, either looking for work or drinking.  She's formed something of a working relationship with the proprietor, Khonnir Baine.  She respects him, and likely views him as a more positive father figure, though she'd never really admit it.  Her prickly demeanor has put her at odds with Khonnir's daughter, Val.  In exchange for work, and making sure some of the rowdier folks stay out of the bar, Khonnir's taught her a thing or two about engineering.  The more mundane stuff stuck with her easily enough, but she seemed to develop a real knack for making some of the more advanced artifacts in the area not work.  She doesn't really understand how they work necessarily, but she understands enough of how they function to make them turn off if she wants.

Unfortunately it seems more misfortune has followed her, and now the bright fountain of blue flame is dying and Khonnir's disappeared.

Character Sheet

Mythweaver's Sheet

Other Information

Theme Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hkmuTvkp_s
A&A

Re Z L

Sheet needs some final touches, but the the background and stuff is done  ;D
A&A

CurvyKitten

It looks like you have a lot of great characters already up for possible approval. But if you end up having some drop outs or opening it up to more players PLEASE let me know! ~bookmarks thread just in case~

Chulanowa

hey, if you have an idea, put it up! Like I said, i'm keeping this open for another week (next wednesday) and will pick from what i get.  ;D

CurvyKitten

Well i do have an idea begging to be written. I do have a question, and sorry if this has been asked before. I am almost getting a steampunk vibe from the description of the town. With aliens and robots being possible. Would airships be possible? Not going to say my character has one, maybe grew up on one. Just back ground fluff, is that ok?

Chulanowa

Well... if you can imagine steampunk, with the steam replaced by lasers and the punks replaced by
Peter and David Paul

By the way this is the stupidest fucking movie of the 80's. Just FYI
then, yeah, you're in the ballpark  ;D As for the airship, that is unfortunately not really a thing in Golarion. I mean at the far end of the adventure path there might be an option for a space ship, which is awesome, and I guess an inventive character could come up with drones? But the vibe here is less "dapper victorian lads traipsing in the sky!" and more "badasses with laser-swords flying around on cyborg wyverns."

And yes. Cyborg wyverns are a thing.  ;D

Ahem. But the idea of growing up in a technologically-astute environment is part and parcel with the Adventure path. Pick up the Player's Guide (found here) give it a flip-through, tell me what you think!

CurvyKitten

nods~ trying to figure out how to work up my character concept into a sheet hehe. I think alchemist would fit best, but I have never played one. And ready over them I keep think it just be easier to play a caster LOL.

Chulanowa

Well if you'd like a hand, I can help you with the sheet. You can use myth weavers to put it together (on my phone now, so no links).

Bibliophilia

https://www.myth-weavers.com/

There's the Myth-Weavers link.  It makes putting things together pretty simple, once you have the stuff to put in.

http://archivesofnethys.com/Default.aspx

That is an easy-to-follow website with all the info you need laid out by category, so it's easier to follow than a book or even the PFSRD, which can be kind of complicated for a new person.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

And that's the PFSRD, because some stuff isn't covered by Archives.

I'm not nearly as well-versed in the game as Chula, but I'm willing to help however I can, hun.

CurvyKitten

On second thought I have been reading over things, and think an Oracle would be lots of fun! hehe

CurvyKitten

Ok a little confused by how it is worded. Does a oracle us charisma or wisdom in accordance to their spells?

Bibliophilia

CurvyKitten

Here she is, I know the background is a bit short but the sheet took HOURS! So my brain and muse were a bit drained by the time the easy stuff came up. LOL I can expand if you would like me too. And of course edit if need be, hopefully I got the sheet right though. :) If you have any suggestions for the sheet please feel free to give them as well.

Namiha (aka Nami) click for her sheet
~Personality~
Nami is a bright, spirited girl, curious, playful, kindhearted, adventurous, dreamed filled sort of girl. She helps those around her, and loves her crew, but has always wondered what else was out there. Her strange gifts make her a bit of an oddball, but she doesn't seem to let it get her down. Even if it has scared some away from her.

Most times she trusts her gut, and doesn't seem afraid to take that first step...or leap. She is a hard worker, and one to play hard at times as well. Her strange upbringing gives her an open mind and she tends to let a person's actions show who they are. She is good at being the middle man, or the calm voice in a room filled with chaotic ones. Something about the energy she gives off just seems to soothe those around her. her smile and laugh known to brighten any harsh day. 

~History~
Nami doesn't know much about her mother, her father always said she was bold, beautiful, curious and stronger than anyone he'd ever met. She captivated a man that had lived a life of loving them and leaving them. She stole his heart, and in a way she took it with her when she vanished. He has no idea what happened, but he knows she wouldn't have left him without a fight. So to this day he keeps a hopeful eye out for her.

Still that left him with a spry little girl for him and his ragtag crew of adventurous to race. Nami group up with her human father, Christopher, a Orc (Grog), an elf (Benric), a tiefling(Zen), cobalt (Grimble), twin gnomes (Gidgiit and Gadget)and any other crew that came and went through the years. Each taking a liking to the young girl as time went past. They became her strange and all to an amazing family. They looked after her and did their best in raising the young woman.

Things became hard when her oracle powers came into being. None of them know how to handle the strange happenings or where they really came from. But no one ever got left behind least of all her. So they have helped her deal with what has developed thus far, and she has always helped keep them going. Noting only motivating them, but also stitching them up and make sure they took care of themselves. But as the years passed it seemed that maybe it was time for Nami to forge her own story, and she had many questions with no answers to be found.  But most of all there were adventures to be had!

Re Z L

And the sheet is now basically done (pending some minor inconsequential purchases).

Also, I was dropping the spell-like ability in favor for a roll on the random Tiefling abilities  :)
A&A

Chulanowa

Quote from: Re Z L on May 13, 2017, 08:59:42 PM
And the sheet is now basically done (pending some minor inconsequential purchases).

Also, I was dropping the spell-like ability in favor for a roll on the random Tiefling abilities  :)

At 2017-05-13 21:20:26, Chula the GM (uid: 27361) rolls: 1d100 Result: 80

Quote from: Blood of Fiends, p.1780 You gain a +2 bonus to your CMD.

Phooey. it's never corpse-eating.

Chulanowa

Just a reminder; I'm closing recruitment Wednesday evening, so if you're holding on to an idea, good time to get it out there  ;D

Muse

*Smiles*  What do you still need on my aplicatoin? 

I understand i got some deatils on the setting wrong?  And neated to include moving to this area? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chulanowa

Yeah, if you can just like, tighten up her background, tie it in with the stuff from this thread and the player's guide? make it more about her than her parents.

Kathyan

Ok still have to check a few details on equipment and most probably change a feat but until then:

Samira Bellows

Everybody said it was better to stay away from the hill and its remains and leftovers, it is dangerous they said, but Samira didn't believe that, since she was little she was always wanted to get her own hands between what they called crap and find one of those fantastical artifacts she had only heard about. Countless times she tried to sneak away but either her parents when the was little or the city guards or the Technic League agents when she grew up wouldn't let her get out of the city and close to the exploration sites.

She had to do something about it as her curiosity wouldn't just disappear by itself, on the contrary it just grew bigger with the the years though she learned to hide that urge from others, or perhaps not so well as one of the local craftsmen,Garrit Burrwaddle, hired her to help him with his research about the sky foreign ores. Samira didn't think about it twice and immediately accepted the job. As years passed by Samira moved in with Garrit to learn more, from him she learned things like basic gunsmithing and the Androffan language as well as some interesting facts regarding these lost artifacts they both so eagerly looked for but she was also sure she could apply some of this new knowledge to her new profession as well.

The Black powder already turned her on, but also the idea of discovering something herself and some times it was even hard to sleep on the sole thought of when would be the time for her to discover things that neither she nor her master had ever seen yet so when Khonnir expedition came back from these new ruins they had discovered she could hardly imagine what could it feel making something even better with whatever they could find in the ruins. Samira was a bit jealous it was Khonnir Baine and not master Garrit who finally discovered some real ruins to explore so she talked to her master and proposed that she went to further investigate.

Re Z L

That's a lovely rifle you've got there  ;D
A&A

Chulanowa

Hokay. So. Sorta awkward having six full concepts and five spots. Ahem.

So the five who will be appearing in Torch are...

Freja Bjørnhjœrþ, Coldborn Mad Dog - Played by Bibliophilia
Zoren, Hungerseed Monk - played by Argent Adonis
Mirrim Forgeheart, half-orc Fire Wizard - played by Muse
Namiha, Half-Elf Time oracle - played by Curvykitten
Samira Bellows, Human Techslinger - played by Kathyan

Re Z L, I can adjust things to accommodate a sixth, if you've got a second character option?