Re-Discovering the World (Exploration/Adventure-Inspired D&D 5E)

Started by NightLux, April 20, 2017, 03:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightLux

One of the aspects of roleplaying games that has always interested me was the idea of finding something that was lost.  I've always loved the idea of a post-apocalyptic world as well, although usually not in the nuclear/modern way.  What would have happened if most of civilization collapsed back during the Roman Empire/Persian Empire/Alexander's Empire?  What was it like for people in the hinterlands when the Roman Empire was crumbling?  Or when explorers found ancient cities in modern-day Yucatan?  The desire to find something new and wonder about its past is almost beautiful and inherent in us all.  Its my hope and wish that we can lay out something that will interest us all.  I've sketched out what I feel is a good start and encourage you to join me if fleshing out a world where discovery awaits.

The World of Dorander

For more click the link in the title which leads to a wiki I've written that fleshes out the world more than below

Seeking one more player!

Setting
The World of Dorander is a world in recovery. A thousand years after the Second Catastrophe, a chain of events that caused the collapse of nearly every civilization, the world is finally recovering and starting to seek to recapture its past glory.  The lone political entity to survive the Second Catastrophe is the City-State of Starfall, its name derived from the First Catastrophe itself. It became the hub of a civilization in those dark times and remains one of neutrality, a place where any and all can gather seeing trade, diplomacy or aide.  From here groups leave to search further outward in hopes to find clues as to their lost past, to continue trade with other enclaves that have managed to survive the days of frost and snow after the Second Catastrophe, and rebuild what was lost.

That's not to say there isn't joy in the world.  For most people, life is life.  They live, love, had families and die, without a sense of dread looming over them.  The world is looking out with a spirit of discover and an awe of what is found.  In fact, that spirit and hope drive many to leave their established villages and cities and establish new settlements and holds in the wilderness.  The world is theirs to rediscover and settle!  Your characters are probably the most exemplary of these, seeking dangers that others would run from and looking at a dark, spooky dungeon entrance and think "Why not?"

The world itself will be based on the standard for 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons in terms of races, technology, spells and cultures, all adapted for this world.  Players of all types and experience are welcome.  I plan to adapt published adventures from several sources as well as use player actions to help influence the direction of the world and adventure.  As strange as it can sound, my goal is to make this "fantasy" world seem "real".

What I'm looking for in players
Above all, people who are creative and want to play daring, adventurous, and heroic characters.  This world will be one we develop together.  Your individual character histories will shape the world that is and what it will be for those who follow.  That said, don't be afraid of using good, stand-by resources and stereotypes about dwarves, elves, and all the other races

But also don't be afraid to break those molds.  What if a group of dwarves managed to find shelter and survive in secluded woods and became druids and protective of nature?  What if orcs huddled for safety with elves, putting aside their differences?  My goal in using this setup is to create a world where things are possible.

That said, there are groups of elves, dwarves, etc, that survived as well and have reestablished themselves in the world.  What they are, what they are named, where they are... I haven't created.  I'll work with anyone willing to flesh these out but, at the risk of repeating myself, this world is a blank slate for us to paint.

Character Creation
  • All characters will start at level 1

• With the exception of races/subraces, anything in the Player's Handbook, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, and Elemental Evil Player's Guide is fair game.  If you'd like to use something for Unearthed Arcana, please ask and we'll see what we can work out

• Races outside the Player's Handbook require DM approval with the exception of Aasimar, Genasi and Tabaxi.  "Deep" races (Drow, Duergar, Svirfneblin) require DM approval.

• For ability scores, please use Point Buy (27 points).

• Backgrounds can and are encouraged to be customized, per DM approval.

On Creativity and Respect for other Players
Yes, a lot is open for people to develop.  Please keep in mind that this is a collaborative effort, be careful not to trap someone out of something that they might do.  It shouldn't have to be said, but also respect the preferences of the other players and their wishes.  This obviously includes sexual preferences and kinks, but also on a personal level as well.  Please keep that in mind while playing.

How many people will you accept?
This is always a tough question because people expressing interest don't always actually make it through making characters and there's always the notorious ghosting where people disappear.  So let me put it this way; if you're interested in playing, I'll do what I can to get you involved and in a group.  I have no problem running multiple groups at the same time, but I'll probably start with no more than three.

This is Elliquiy, so what about interpersonal relations?
Yes, this is Elliquiy and I have no problem if characters want to interact and have sexual relations or whatever it would be called between a goblin and a lizardfolk.  We are treating this group game as if it were an otherwise freeform game outside of the adventures.  There will be other threads for places in Starfall, homes, bars, etc.  While not adventuring, players are encouraged to still interact and have all the fun that makes group games great.  Right now those aren't up yet (everyone is out adventuring!) but as we get closer to the close of those adventures, I'll create them.

If a couple (or more) want to get frisky during downtime in an adventure, we'll work a good solution so not to also stop the adventure itself.

What about downtime between adventures?
I fully intend for this to be "realistic".  After you go and complete an adventure, you will and should have time to hang out in Starfall.  You can create house threads and the like and entertain each other.  Just keep in mind what I said earlier about scenes - its fine if it keeps going after the group sets out on the next adventure, but please don't let future knowledge blur that encounter.

Can we switch groups
Given that players usually drop out of group games, the answer is yes.  In extreme cases, I'll work in a way for a new character to join a group out in the field.  Otherwise if there are enough characters for multiple groups and you wish to travel with someone (and they agree) I can work on handling moves between groups.  I don't mind this because a larger group game.  I've got the time and desire to manage it.

Gods of Dorander
For the time being, just use the gods in the PHB (Forgotten Realms dieties) and we'll all work together to rename them and tie them into this world.

Character Sheets/Stat Blocks
I have access to Hero Lab and the 5E module, so I can create/verify your character builds with it.  That said, if you could post it with some standardization, it'd help.  In the spirit of helping the DM, please use the following (and feel free to add lines if you need for feats or other things that this doens't list):

Name:
Race:
Ability Scores (after adjustments):
Class and chosen class skills:
Archetype (if applicable already):
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies)
Languages:
Weapons and Armor:
Starting Other Gear:
Spells 0-[Cantrips]; 1-[Spells]
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
RP Status: Seeking new partners
RL Status: Looking forward to my birthday!
Solo Status: 0 (due) / 3 (total)
In Development: 0
Group Due: 0 (due) / 0 (total)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Laughing Hyena

This is a good setup so I place my token of interest in play.

Wheeler97

Interested!

Kind of want to wait and see what people make. I like to fill useful gaps. I'll work up some ideas and post them as soon as I can (might be tomorrow afternoon). My problem is I want to play EVERYTHING in 5e.

Snake

I'm interested ^_^

@ Wheeler: I know you feel on that. Wanting to play everything XD

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RedPhoenix

Love all of what I see!

What leaps into my mind is an Elf Wizard ala Evy O'Connell, more scholar than explorer but extremely brave and courageous, wanting to uncover lost knowledge despite the fact that it sometimes stirs up an unspeakable evil or six.

Do you want character sheets? :D
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

NightLux

Quote from: RedPhoenix on April 20, 2017, 03:53:05 PM
Do you want character sheets? :D

Preferably.  Once we start up I'll create a character thread that you can just keep there.  Stat blocks at minimum.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

RedPhoenix

NightLux

Either is fine.  I put a quick guide to make it easier for me to add/import them into Hero Lab to confirm/make character sheets easily.  Let me know if you have any questions.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

LisztesFerenc

I'd considering two characters, I'll settle for whichever seems to work best with what others have -

Leo Rindz-ra: A human fighter, I see them as a body guard to another character, and the exact details of their background will reflect how they ended up this way. Noble, solider or criminal being the 3 most likely options. Anyone interested in talking meat shield for their character?

Oriros: A rather brutish looking half-elf, one would swear they had orc blood in them. As a bard and teller of tales, they appreciate party members with a flair for the dramatic when it comes to combat, no matter the flavour: shining armour and belowwed challenges, explosive fire and lightning, striking from the shadows, shedding darkness for the crimsons blood of enemies...he also appreciate a drink around the camp fire, after a long day of fighting and composing songs about it, and would appreciate a stunning archaeological discovery to feature in there somewhere.

Snake

I'll get back to you on what I come up with in terms of builds

AndyZ

I'll probably go for my warlock idea, unless it turns out that we badly end up needing something else.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

RedPhoenix

I think this is ok, let me know if the format is off or I missed something, or if you want more about her background etc.

Name: Rosalie Sinhartha Vesparia Wy'cosa
Race: High Elf
Ability Scores (before adjustments): STR 8 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 15 WIS 13 CHA 10
Ability Scores (after adjustments): STR 8 DEX 16 CON 12 INT 16 WIS 13 CHA 10
Class and chosen class skills: Wizard 1, Arcana, Investigation
Archetype (if applicable already): n/a
Background: Cloistered Scholar - History, Religion
Languages: Common, Elven, Celestial, Primordial, Draconic
Weapons and Armor: Dagger,
Starting Other Gear: Arcane Focus, Explorer's Pack, Scholar's Robes, Writing Kit, Borrowed Book on Ancient Ruins, 10 gp.
Spells 0-[Firebolt, Mending, Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation]; 1-[Alarm, Detect Magic, Find Familiar, Magic Missile, Shield, Sleep]

For an elf, Rosalie is rather plain. The fact that she cares little for her personal appearance does not aid this. While she is particular about keeping herself clean that is more due to being a fragile scholar than anything related to vanity, and she cares little for what she wears. She sees little point in impractical jewelry and isn't impressed at all by makeup and tattoos other than their debatable cultural significance. She has a rather average body with an average face to match. Her noble ancestry is apparent in her haughty features and she suffers from a nasty case of resting bitch face. When she speaks of something she is interested in, she becomes animated with almost childlike enthusiasm, and she forgets all social anxiety and disquiet about interacting with others in pursuit of knowledge and ancient wonders. She believes in the pursuit of lost knowledge above all, because she believes acquiring it again will help more people than defeating one small evil ever would. She is prepared to sacrifice much to achieve it!

I didn't see where to list languages. She'd know common, elven, and three other languages. I'm not sure which would make the most sense for a scholar/explorer given the world history so I wanted to see if there were any that would make more sense for her given her goals. :) Update on new sheet!

NightLux

Quote from: RedPhoenix on April 20, 2017, 04:52:31 PM
I didn't see where to list languages. She'd know common, elven, and three other languages. I'm not sure which would make the most sense for a scholar/explorer given the world history so I wanted to see if there were any that would make more sense for her given her goals. :)

I forgot languages and gender... adding both to my template.  I also added a few more notes about fun time scenes and downtime between adventures.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

RedPhoenix

LisztesFerenc

Okay here's the basics for my two character ideas:

Name: Leo Rindz-ra of Thranwall
Race: Feat variant human (feat: Shield Master, extra skill: Medicine)
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Strength: 15   Dexterity: 10    Constitution: 13   Intelligence: 13    Wisdom: 12    Charisma: 10
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Strength: 16   Dexterity: 10    Constitution: 14   Intelligence: 13    Wisdom: 12    Charisma: 10
Class and chosen class skills: Fighter – Athletics and Perception
Archetype (if applicable already): N/A
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Noble – Persuasion and History, cards
Languages: Common, Giant and Draconic
Weapons and Armor: Chainmail, 2 shields, battle axe, light crossbow (40), dagger
Starting Other Gear: signet ring, scroll of pedigree, 1 gold, 4 silver, 9 copper, set of fine clothes, tinder box, explorer’s pack, hunting trap, whetstone, healer’s kit
Spells 0-[Cantrips]; 1-[Spells] N/A

Background and personality: Growing up behind thick stone walls in a land cool in summer and frigid in winter, Leo realized from a young age that fighting was a very good way of keeping warm, something his entire culture had noted, as everyone, from the farmer to the earl, would take up a blade in hand come first snow, and when it thawed, they would head out to foreigner lands to test their acquired skills. However whilst bloodthirsty, his people were not complete savages, and peaceful contact with others whilst not quite the norm did occur. As the third son, Leo was promised daughter of a southern lord, and stayed in those lands even after the marriage, where he made some friends, learned to read and gamble, and continued to practice with the blade and shield. Eventually though he found himself guarding another, relying on shield more than axe, a strange choice but one he grew into.

Though he likes to entertain a fantasy of being the strong silent type, Leo cannot help but enjoy the company of others. He dislikes talking about his home, which he has grown to somehow miss and scorn at the same time, but will tell stories of his travels and from the books he’s read. Though open enough, he always keeps himself half a step away from others; it takes a lot of effort before he will consider someone a close friend.

Appearance: Leo’s sandy blonde hair is still long, but he rarely finds the time to braid it anymore. Despite a slight slouch he still stands tall, strong, with a deliberate gracelessness to his movements. He has tawny eyes and a trimmed beard.

**********************************************************************************

Name: Oriros Tein
Race: Half-elf (extra skills: Intimidate and Perception)
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Strength: 13   Dexterity: 12    Constitution: 11   Intelligence: 12    Wisdom: 12    Charisma: 14
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Strength: 14   Dexterity: 12    Constitution: 12   Intelligence: 12    Wisdom: 12    Charisma: 16
Class and chosen class skills: Bard (Athletics, Deception and Persuasion, chosen instruments: Horn, bagpipes, pan flute)
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Animal Handle and Survival, vehicles (land), brewer’s supplies
Languages: Common, Elven and Orc
Weapons and Armor: leather armour, dagger, longsword, sling (40)
Starting Other Gear: horn, shovel, iron pot, 4 gold, 6 silver, 2 copper, entertainers pack, brewers supplies, tinderbox, grappling hook, 50ft hemp rope, 3 flasks of oil, 3 waterskin of ale, 1 waterskin of common wine,
Spells 0-[Cantrips - Viscious Mockery and Friends]; 1-[Spells - Bane, Heroism, Sleep and Thunderwave]

Background and personality: A union thought impossible by some, Oriros has the blood of both an orc and an elf inside him, bit a dash of human blood to act as a buffer, though he pays this part of his heritage little heed. Though his parents union was one of love, their differing natures ensured he could not grow up in a household of harmony, despite their best efforts to preserve the peace around him. He took to wandering the streets to escape it all, and quickly grew adept at bloodying his knuckles, and taking a blow to his chin standing.

Whilst not a scholar by any stretch of the imagination, he was interested in both elven and orc culture, and showed an enthusiasm for learning the tales of each people. He set off from home at the age of 14, and in the decade since then he has made quite a name for himself as fearless combatant of monsters and bandits. Motivated by a mixture of a desire for fame and a need to help the down trodden, Oiriros is careful and measured until blood is spilt, his or his enemies. Afterwards he likes to drink, alone or in company, and with very close friends he will share his ale.

Appearance: Oiriros is a rather brutish looking half-elf. His orcish heritage has not entirely robbed the soft looks of the his elven side, but it has certainly contrasted it, with an ashen tone to the skin, large, pointed teeth behind thin lips, the pale blue eyes deep set, his forehead perpetually wrinkled in a half snarl, and his hair thick and wiry. He is heavily built, but moves with a touch of grace rare but not unheard of for someone of his size.

Countdown0

Interested and booking mark the thread. Time to put a character together :D
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

AndyZ

I have a Half-Elf Great Old One Warlock in the works.  I'm just checking a couple things with our DM before posting.

Chulanowa

Definitely still interested. Specially since you seem to be touching some areas I adore and want in my own 5E game  ;D

Bibliophilia

Hi, Night!  -grins.-  I'm totally interested and I'll start working up a sheet.

Name: Kaija Urswick
Race: Human (Variant)
Ability Scores (before adjustments): 8,13,13,12,12,15
Ability Scores (after adjustments): 8,13,14,12,12,16
Class and chosen class skills: Sorcerer 1 | Arcana & Persuasion + Deception (race)
Archetype (if applicable already): Wild Magic Bloodline
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Acolyte | Insight & Religion | N/A
Languages: Common, Gnomish, Draconic, Sylvan
Feats: Spell Sniper
Weapons and Armor: Light crossbow & 20 bolts | 2 Daggers
Starting Other Gear: Arcane focus, explorer's pack, holy symbol, prayer book, 5 sticks of incense, vestments, a set of common clothes & a belt pouch with 15 gold
Spells 0- [Cantrips: Ray of Frost, Fire Bolt, Mage Hand, Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation]; 1- [Spells: Magic Missile, Witch Bolt]

Personality: Kaija is a woman who fears that which she can not control, especially when it is something which seems to reside within her.  When she was a child, her magic was a source of great concern for her family and it was this terror of their own daughter that drove them to hand her over to the temple.  Luckily, a kind priestess ensured that the Fey-touched child found her way to an order more suited to her nature, where her magic was not considered a detriment.  Even so, the memory of her parents and the unpredictability of her magic, even now, pushes her to try and control all other aspects of her life.  Some find this adherence to her personal code and attempt to keep herself in check something of a bore, but she would rather get teased for not drinking more than one cup of alcohol in one sitting, than risk getting drunk and losing control.  A meticulous, well-ordered mind is essential...chaos leads to madness, and it only takes one slip to fall down the rabbit hole.

Personality Trait - I can find common ground between the fiercest enemies, empathizing with them and always working toward peace.
Ideal - I trust that my deity will guide my actions.  I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well.
Bond - I will do anything to protect the temple where I served.
Flaw - I must constantly fight the urge to cast off the restraints of civilization and indulge in my more base instincts.

NightLux

Quote from: RedPhoenix on April 20, 2017, 04:52:31 PM
Name: Rosalie Sinhartha Vesparia Wy'cosa
Race: High Elf
Ability Scores (before adjustments): STR 8 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 15 WIS 13 CHA 10
Ability Scores (after adjustments): STR 8 DEX 16 CON 12 INT 16 WIS 13 CHA 10
Class and chosen class skills: Wizard 1, Arcana, Investigation
Archetype (if applicable already): n/a
Background: Cloistered Scholar - History, Religion
Languages: Common, Elven, Celestial, Primordial, Draconic
Weapons and Armor: Dagger,
Starting Other Gear: Arcane Focus, Explorer's Pack, Scholar's Robes, Writing Kit, Borrowed Book on Ancient Ruins, 10 gp.
Spells 0-[Firebolt, Mending, Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation]; 1-[Alarm, Detect Magic, Find Familiar, Magic Missile, Shield, Sleep]

For an elf, Rosalie is rather plain. The fact that she cares little for her personal appearance does not aid this. While she is particular about keeping herself clean that is more due to being a fragile scholar than anything related to vanity, and she cares little for what she wears. She sees little point in impractical jewelry and isn't impressed at all by makeup and tattoos other than their debatable cultural significance. She has a rather average body with an average face to match. Her noble ancestry is apparent in her haughty features and she suffers from a nasty case of resting bitch face. When she speaks of something she is interested in, she becomes animated with almost childlike enthusiasm, and she forgets all social anxiety and disquiet about interacting with others in pursuit of knowledge and ancient wonders. She believes in the pursuit of lost knowledge above all, because she believes acquiring it again will help more people than defeating one small evil ever would. She is prepared to sacrifice much to achieve it!

All checks out mechanically.  Let's assume she operates out of Starfall in one of the libraries there.  I've got a raging headache so thinking isn't my strong suit right now.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

RedPhoenix

Quote from: NightLux on April 21, 2017, 09:52:03 AM
All checks out mechanically.  Let's assume she operates out of Starfall in one of the libraries there.  I've got a raging headache so thinking isn't my strong suit right now.

Works for me! :D

...the library, not the headache. Feel better soon! :(

NightLux

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on April 20, 2017, 07:20:16 PM
  Okay here's the basics for my two character ideas:

Name: Leo Rindz-ra of Thranwall
Race: Feat variant human (feat: Shield Master, extra skill: Medicine)
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Strength: 15   Dexterity: 10    Constitution: 13   Intelligence: 13    Wisdom: 12    Charisma: 10
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Strength: 16   Dexterity: 10    Constitution: 14   Intelligence: 13    Wisdom: 12    Charisma: 10
Class and chosen class skills: Fighter – Athletics and Perception
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Noble – Persuasion and History, cards
Languages: Common, Giant and Draconic
Weapons and Armor: Chainmail, 2 shields, battle axe, light crossbow (40), dagger
Starting Other Gear: signet ring, scroll of pedigree, 1 gold, 4 silver, 9 copper, set of fine clothes, tinder box, explorer’s pack, hunting trap, whetstone, healer’s kit

Background and personality: Growing up behind thick stone walls in a land cool in summer and frigid in winter, Leo realized from a young age that fighting was a very good way of keeping warm, something his entire culture had noted, as everyone, from the farmer to the earl, would take up a blade in hand come first snow, and when it thawed, they would head out to foreigner lands to test their acquired skills. However whilst bloodthirsty, his people were not complete savages, and peaceful contact with others whilst not quite the norm did occur. As the third son, Leo was promised daughter of a southern lord, and stayed in those lands even after the marriage, where he made some friends, learned to read and gamble, and continued to practice with the blade and shield. Eventually though he found himself guarding another, relying on shield more than axe, a strange choice but one he grew into.

Though he likes to entertain a fantasy of being the strong silent type, Leo cannot help but enjoy the company of others. He dislikes talking about his home, which he has grown to somehow miss and scorn at the same time, but will tell stories of his travels and from the books he’s read. Though open enough, he always keeps himself half a step away from others; it takes a lot of effort before he will consider someone a close friend.

Appearance: Leo’s sandy blonde hair is still long, but he rarely finds the time to braid it anymore. Despite a slight slouch he still stands tall, strong, with a deliberate gracelessness to his movements. He has tawny eyes and a trimmed beard.

**********************************************************************************

Name: Oriros Tein
Race: Half-elf (extra skills: Intimidate and Perception)
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Strength: 13   Dexterity: 12    Constitution: 11   Intelligence: 12    Wisdom: 12    Charisma: 14
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Strength: 14   Dexterity: 12    Constitution: 12   Intelligence: 12    Wisdom: 12    Charisma: 16
Class and chosen class skills: Bard (Athletics, Deception and Persuasion, chosen instruments: Horn, bagpipes, pan flute)
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Animal Handle and Survival, vehicles (land), brewer’s supplies
Languages: Common, Elven and Orc
Weapons and Armor: leather armour, dagger, longsword, sling (40)
Starting Other Gear: horn, shovel, iron pot, 4 gold, 6 silver, 2 copper, entertainers pack, brewers supplies, tinderbox, grappling hook, 50ft hemp rope, 3 flasks of oil, 3 waterskin of ale, 1 waterskin of common wine,
Spells 0-[Cantrips - Viscious Mockery and Friends]; 1-[Spells - Bane, Heroism, Sleep and Thunderwave]

Background and personality: A union thought impossible by some, Oriros has the blood of both an orc and an elf inside him, bit a dash of human blood to act as a buffer, though he pays this part of his heritage little heed. Though his parents union was one of love, their differing natures ensured he could not grow up in a household of harmony, despite their best efforts to preserve the peace around him. He took to wandering the streets to escape it all, and quickly grew adept at bloodying his knuckles, and taking a blow to his chin standing.

Whilst not a scholar by any stretch of the imagination, he was interested in both elven and orc culture, and showed an enthusiasm for learning the tales of each people. He set off from home at the age of 14, and in the decade since then he has made quite a name for himself as fearless combatant of monsters and bandits. Motivated by a mixture of a desire for fame and a need to help the down trodden, Oiriros is careful and measured until blood is spilt, his or his enemies. Afterwards he likes to drink, alone or in company, and with very close friends he will share his ale.

Appearance: Oiriros is a rather brutish looking half-elf. His orcish heritage has not entirely robbed the soft looks of the his elven side, but it has certainly contrasted it, with an ashen tone to the skin, large, pointed teeth behind thin lips, the pale blue eyes deep set, his forehead perpetually wrinkled in a half snarl, and his hair thick and wiry. He is heavily built, but moves with a touch of grace rare but not unheard of for someone of his size.

Either of these works at first glance.  I didn't see what fighting style you were thinking of for the fighter (I assume TWF?).  A good tank would be useful since just glancing at everyone else, we have a wizard, a sorcerer, a warlock and someone PM'ed me about another warlock concept.

But I also love bards.  And I'll tailor whatever is needed for the party.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

eternaldarkness

I was talking to our GM about an Artificer, but I also noticed we look pretty squishy with a soft frontline. So if necessary I'll do something tankier.

NightLux

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 21, 2017, 01:52:58 AM
Hi, Night!  -grins.-  I'm totally interested and I'll start working up a sheet.

Name: Kaija Urswick
Race: Human (Variant)
Ability Scores (before adjustments): 8,13,13,12,12,15
Ability Scores (after adjustments): 8,13,14,12,12,16
Class and chosen class skills: Sorcerer 1 | Arcana & Persuasion
Archetype (if applicable already): Wild Magic Bloodline
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Acolyte | Insight & Religion | N/A
Languages: Common, Draconic, Sylvan
Weapons and Armor: Light crossbow & 20 bolts | 2 Daggers
Starting Other Gear: Arcane focus, explorer's pack, holy symbol, prayer book, 5 sticks of incense, vestments, a set of common clothes & a belt pouch with 15 gold
Spells 0- [Cantrips: Acid Splash, Fire Bolt, Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation]; 1- [Spells: Magic Missile, Witch Bolt]

Looks like you're missing what feat you got at level 1 and what skill proficiency and one more language.  Also, we'll need to talk about the gods.  Pretty much the only one I've already settled on is Asmodeus because, I mean, its Asmodeus.  Someone has to write all those contracts  ;D
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

AndyZ

Name: Miranda
Race: Half-Elf - Perception, Persuasion, Draconic
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Strength 8 Dexterity 13 Constitution 15 Intelligence 10 Wisdom 12 Charisma 14
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Strength 8 Dexterity 14 Constitution 16 Intelligence 10 Wisdom 12 Charisma 16
Class and chosen class skills: Warlock - History, Investigation
Archetype (if applicable already): Great Old One
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Custom Background:
Keeper of Dark Knowledge

Skill Proficiencies: Arcana and Intimidation
Tool Proficiencies: One type of gaming set
Languages: Choose one exotic language (Abyssal, Celestial, Deep Speech, Draconic, Infernal, Primordial, Sylvan, or Undercommon)
Equipment: A set of traveler's clothes, a strange black rock that doesn't reflect light, a gaming set of your choice, and a belt pouch containing 10gp.

Feature: Heart of Darkness
Those who look into your eyes can see that you have faced unimaginable horror and that you are no stranger to darkness. Though they might fear you, commoners will extend you every courtesy and do their utmost to help you. Unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them, they will even take up arms to fight alongside you, should you find yourself facing an enemy alone.

Personality Traits:
I don’t talk about the thing that torments me.  I’d rather not burden others with my curse.
I have no patience for the petty squabbling of those who need to band together when true evil rises.

Ideal: This plane doesn't stand a chance unless everyone can work together. [Good]
Bond: I'm quick to trust and make new friends, but very slow to forgive.
Flaw: Sometimes I forget that the rest of the world can't understand the truth.
Arcana, Intimidation, Deep Speech, Dice
Weapons and Armor: Leather Armor, Light Crossbow with 20 bolts, Two Daggers (One hidden in left boot)
Starting Other Gear: Arcane Focus [Orb], Dungeoneer's Pack, Traveler's clothes, a strange black rock that doesn't reflect light, dice, and a belt pouch containing 10gp.
Spells: 0-[Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation]; 1-[Charm Person, Hellish Rebuke]

Miranda used to be your average half-elven villager of Fireshine: not always easily understood, but happy to make friends and bridge the gap between her two races.  Talented at dice, kind to everyone, she likely would have just found herself a wife and lived a peaceful life if she hadn't found that rock.

Rumors said that it fell from the sky, but who could say?  She was curious enough to touch it, upon which she vanished in a puff of crimson smoke.  Everyone thought she died, the funeral was solemn, but she returned after a year and a day.

She never told anyone what she'd seen, and people recognized the kind heart deep within, but Miranda had been forever changed.  Apprehension formed upon being outside at dark, she spoke in harsh whispers of "Those Who Live Above In Shadow," and she knew things that no villager could possibly understand.

It didn't take long for her to be exiled.  She was too sharp, too jagged to continue villager life, and after she'd accidentally nearly killed one of the elders during an argument about how best to reconcile with the Gladewalker village, the council felt it best if she leave and never return.  No longer was she Miranda Fireshine, but simply Miranda.

Thankfully, life as an adventurer came to her much more easily in her new state.  She'd never truly liked dresses, and leather armor felt more comfortable, as well as better protecting her from the elements.  Many creatures could not be reasoned with, but the more she traveled, the more she noticed: no one truly understood.  People squabbled like children who understood nothing outside their own little house, unaware of the hordes looming just outside the doors.

The few people she tried to convince either outright didn't believe her or fell into a state of delusion.  She was just strong enough to deal with it, perhaps the only one who could handle it.  It helped that she'd acquired various gifts to protect herself and others, which would only grow stronger the more she proved herself.

What she really wants, though, is simply to be able to make friends again.

Muse

Good morning, am I too late? 

I'd like to reprise Rini, a petite druid girl with a shilelagh and a cat.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kathyan

I love bards as well but seeing everyone already covered every other spellcaster and as we need front liners I'll be making a cleric with heavy armor ^^

NightLux

Quote from: Muse on April 21, 2017, 10:21:52 AM
  Good morning, am I too late? 

I'd like to reprise Rini, a petite druid girl with a shilelagh and a cat.  :)

Nope, still getting things moving.  More the merrier.

Quote from: Kathyan on April 21, 2017, 10:25:22 AM
I love bards as well but seeing everyone already covered every other spellcaster and as we need front liners I'll be making a cleric with heavy armor ^^

Clerics are my second favorite class.  I really do want them to come out with an archetype or variant that isn't a armor wearer, though...
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Bibliophilia

Quote from: NightLux on April 21, 2017, 10:02:03 AM
Looks like you're missing what feat you got at level 1 and what skill proficiency and one more language.  Also, we'll need to talk about the gods.  Pretty much the only one I've already settled on is Asmodeus because, I mean, its Asmodeus.  Someone has to write all those contracts  ;D

I have her feat picked, there just wasn't a spot on the sheet and I didn't want to change anything without your go-ahead.  As for the language, I didn't know I got another one...so that was me being a dink, as well as the skill.  I'll get that finished up and add in her history and personality today, if you want those squishy bits, too?

Yeah, if you aren't a hundred percent on the gods, I can always change hers.  I just chose the one that best fit her personality. 

NightLux

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 21, 2017, 10:37:46 AM
I have her feat picked, there just wasn't a spot on the sheet and I didn't want to change anything without your go-ahead.  As for the language, I didn't know I got another one...so that was me being a dink, as well as the skill.  I'll get that finished up and add in her history and personality today, if you want those squishy bits, too?

Yeah, if you aren't a hundred percent on the gods, I can always change hers.  I just chose the one that best fit her personality.

Yeah, that little sheet was to give me the information to plug it into Hero Lab and validate everything.  As many variations as the classes have, I knew I'd miss some stuff.  Feel free to edit that as you see fit.

As for the gods, its really up to everyone.  My first idea was to rip some of the Forgotten Realms gods, rename them and viola!
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Wheeler97

Okay, so I have a dentist appointment in two hours so I'll work on a character when I get home... I'll gladly make a Paladin if we need one... Oath of the Ancients seems particularly fitting for this. Otherwise, if we need a bit more Wisdom in the party I'd really like to build a Monk, perhaps with the Way of Shadow style.

Bibliophilia

I just went with the deities in the 5e book.  Mystra is from Forgotten Realms, though.

NightLux

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 21, 2017, 11:04:37 AM
I just went with the deities in the 5e book.  Mystra is from Forgotten Realms, though.

That's fine.  For now let's just use those dieties and I'll rename them as I have time.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

NightLux

I'm going to set this down as a marker of everyone who has expressed interested and what they have submitted.  Let me know if I missed anyone.

And before anyone new asks, yes you can still join.  I'll probably break this into two or three groups, depending on what everyone chooses.

• Laughing Hyena (Lord)

• Wheeler97 (Lord) - Paladin

• Snake (Lord)

• AndyZ (Lord) - Miranda , female human warlock (tentacles anyone?)

• RedPhoenix (Centurion) - Rosalie, female High Elf Wizard (ordinarily ordinary)

• LisztesFerenc (Lord) - Leo/Fighter or Oriros/Bard

• Countdown0 (Lord)

• Kathyan (Lady) - cleric?

• Chulanowa (Lord)

• Bibliophilia (Lady) - Kaija, female human Sorcerer (Odds on dropping a fireball on her head?)

• eternaldarkness (Lord) - Artificer or "tanky"

• Muse (Lord) - Druid

One thought after compiling this... do you really want to go dungeon delving and exploring ruins without a rogue?
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Chulanowa

You know what's hilarious? Last night I resolved to myself, "not a rogue. not doing a rogue. Not again, I ALWAYS play rogue"

And now, this morning, I'm like "Hmmm, we could use a rogue!"

So. I guess I owe Biblio $5. I'm PROBABLY making a rogue. Might make a damage-oriented heavier melee.

eternaldarkness

Artificer can actually cover a lot of the same skill bases as Rogue. It's one of those versatile 'do everyting, excel at nothing' classes.

Name: Tykel

Race: Human
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Str 11 Dex 13 Con 13 Int 15 Wis 13 Cha 8
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Str 12 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 16 Wis 14 Cha 9
Class and chosen class skills: Artificer. Arcana, Investigation, Nature, Thieves' Tools, Alchemist's Supplies, Poisoner's Kit.
Archetype (if applicable already): Alchemist
Background: Hermit. Medicine, Religion, Herbalism Kit.
Languages: Common. Elven. Gnomish.
Weapons and Armor: Handaxe, light hammer, light crossbow and 20 bolts. Chain Shirt.
Starting Other Gear: Alchemist's Satchel, Thieves’ tools, Dungeoneer’s pack, a scroll case stuffed full of notes from your studies, a winter blanket, a set of common clothes, Healer's kit, herbalism kit.
Spells: None
Alchemical Formulas: Alchemical Fire. Alchemical Acid. Healing Draught.

Born in raised in a small human town full of fearful and superstitious people, Tykel is an orphan who was taken in by his reclusive aunt after his parents' death by disease. His aunt was a skilled apothecary and alchemist who taught him her art and it turned out that she was a recluse because of the fear the locals had of all things magical. Against his aunt's advice, Tykel moved from her remote home back into the nearby town where he'd spent most of his childhood, intending to use the knowledge she'd imparted to improve their lives. He spent almost a year doing exactly that, until a number of people he'd treated with his healing draughts and alchemical concoctions began to die mysteriously. Accused of all manner of dark magic and wickedness, Tykel fled the town before he could be killed and returned to his aunt's home only to find it burned to the ground with her presumably dead. He now wanders the world in search of greater knowledge, intending to return someday to clear his name, or perhaps to exact vengeance on the ungrateful people who spurned the very people that tried to help them.

Bibliophilia

Woot, I might get five bucks!  I see a turkey and swiss foot-long in my future.

AndyZ

Quote from: NightLux on April 21, 2017, 11:45:53 AM
I'm going to set this down as a marker of everyone who has expressed interested and what they have submitted.  Let me know if I missed anyone.

And before anyone new asks, yes you can still join.  I'll probably break this into two or three groups, depending on what everyone chooses.

• Laughing Hyena (Lord)

• Snake (Lord)

• AndyZ (Lord) - Miranda , female human warlock (tentacles anyone?)

• RedPhoenix (Centurion) - Rosalie, female High Elf Wizard (ordinarily ordinary)

• Countdown0 (Lord)

• Kathyan (Lady) - cleric?

• Chulanowa (Lord)

• Bibliophilia (Lady) - Kaija, female human Sorcerer (Odds on dropping a fireball on her head?)

• eternaldarkness (Lord) - Artificer or "tanky"

• Muse (Lord) - Druid

One thought after compiling this... do you really want to go dungeon delving and exploring ruins without a rogue?

Miranda is half-elf.

I wasn't planning on using tentacles, though >.> I have another game for that.

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 21, 2017, 11:50:00 AM
You know what's hilarious? Last night I resolved to myself, "not a rogue. not doing a rogue. Not again, I ALWAYS play rogue"

And now, this morning, I'm like "Hmmm, we could use a rogue!"

So. I guess I owe Biblio $5. I'm PROBABLY making a rogue. Might make a damage-oriented heavier melee.

I was thinking about Rogue, but I've had this concept for a while and it's darn rare for people to okay custom backgrounds.

Kathyan

Name: Lena Thunderstorm
Race: Human Variant (Skill: Bluff; Feat: Heavy Armor Master)
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Str14, Dex10, Con13, Int08, Wis15, Cha12
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Str16, Dex10, Con13, Int08, Wis16, Cha12
Class and chosen class skills: Cleric of Umberlee - Persuasion, Religion
Archetype (if applicable already): Tempest Domain
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) : Customized Pirate - Athletics, Perception, Thieves' tools, Vehicles(land)
Languages: Common and Primordial
Weapons and Armor: Warhammer, Light crosbow (20bolts), Chainmail, Shield
Starting Other Gear: A priest’s pack, Holy Symbol, A belaying pin (club), 50 feet of silk rope, A diary written in a language you don’t know (a random trinket), a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp
Spells 0-[Guidance, Sacred Flame, Light]; 1-[Bless, Command, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Fog Cloud, Thunderwave]

Personality: To me, a tavern brawl is a nice way to get to know a new city.
Ideal: I’m committed to my crewmates, not to ideals.
Bond: I’m loyal to my captain first, everything else second.
Flaw: I follow orders, even if I think they’re wrong.

Backstory: Having lived all of her life in the wastelands Lena learned to be tough and self-reliant though she grew up in a bandits gang so she learned about teamwork too. Being the strongest she was always in front to cover everyone from imminent danger whenever they assaulted a wagon or razed a hamlet. That was not enough though as one day a long shot spell was cast directly to the leader of the gang, they still won and killed every opposition but their leader fell as well. Lea was heavily shocked by this event and all they could retrieve from the responsible spellcaster was a book written in an exotic language that none of them could understand. With no further ties bonding her to her former group she took the book and departed looking for an answer, she didn't have it clear herself what was she looking for but she did have clear she needed a new master. With the mysterious book in her hands and none of her former teammate being able to dissuade her Lena set her way into the unknown.

Personality: A bad ass and a troublemaker who likes picking up fights yet very protective and even possessive with her friends, very dominant with everyone excepting to her leader whom she will be very submissive to.

NightLux

Just going to keep posting this and updating as we go.

• Laughing Hyena (Lord)

• Snake (Lord)

• AndyZ (Lord) - Miranda , female half-elf warlock (tentacles anyone?)

• Countdown0 (Lord)

• Kathyan (Lady) - Lena, female human cleric

• Chulanowa (Lord)

• eternaldarkness (Lord) - Tykel, male human Alchemist

• Muse (Lord) - Druid

Quote from: Kathyan on April 21, 2017, 12:15:15 PM
...if I could customize my background to make use of the Bad Reputation in a more land related background that would be great though.

I don't see anything in the background that limits it.  People now you're a pirate.  Doesn't matter if you're in the middle of a desert as far from the sea as you can get, they just don't want to risk your ire for petty things.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Kathyan

Quote from: NightLux on April 21, 2017, 12:32:30 PM
I don't see anything in the background that limits it.  People now you're a pirate.  Doesn't matter if you're in the middle of a desert as far from the sea as you can get, they just don't want to risk your ire for petty things.

Ok changed her tool proficiencies to make it more land related, guess she could be called a brigand more than a pirate now :P
Also she might not be great at all with her thieves' tools but can always use guidance to improve her check.

Snake

[Floatright][/float]

Name: Caine Ionoche
Race: Half-elf
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Str: 15 | Dex: 14 | Con: 13 | Int: 10 | Wis: 12 | Cha: 8
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Str: 16 (+3)| Dex 14 (+2)| Con: 14 (+2)| Int: 10 (+0)| Wis: 13 (+1)| Cha: 10 (+0)

Class and chosen class skills: Fighter | Acrobatics, Athletics, Intimidation, Perception, Persuasion, Survival
Archetype None
Background: Soldier (Officer) | Athletics & Intimidation | 1 Gaming Set, Vehicles (Land)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Dwarvish
Weapons and Armor: Scale Mail, Shield, (Total AC: 18) | Longsword, Light Crossbow +20 Bolts
Starting Other Gear:  Rank Insignia, Torn Banner (Trophy, Worn as shoulder-cloak), Deck of Cards, Common Clothes, Belt Pouch (Containing 10 gold), Explorer's Pack (backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit,Soap, Mess Kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it)

Personality:I can Stare down a hellhound without flinching and I believe in being respectful and polite for the most part.
Ideal: I Believe it's better to fight for the greater good than it is to fight for selfish ideals, but everyone deserves the right to follow their own path in life.
Bond: I won't leave a friend behind to die in battle when I could've saved them.
Flaw: I have little patience for unproven warriors or mages

Note: I added two items to the explorer's pack that would just make sense to have, the soap and a mess kit (from PF)

NightLux

Quote from: Kathyan on April 21, 2017, 12:46:30 PM
Ok changed her tool proficiencies to make it more land related, guess she could be called a brigand more than a pirate now :P
Also she might not be great at all with her thieves' tools but can always use guidance to improve her check.

Now that I think of it, brigand probably makes more sense in the world than pirate - more people moving on land than over sea.  Either that or it would be even more brutal since most of the trade is headed into or out of Starfall as its the biggest port by a longshot.  Pirate would probably fight each other just as much as trying to raid ships.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

eternaldarkness

I'm leaning Tykel toward being an effective healer with useful rogue-esque skills who will eventually be able to bring a bit of buffing via magic. He's a good fifth man for any party.

NightLux

Quote from: Kathyan on April 21, 2017, 12:53:34 PM
Might still rearrange some numbers to raise Lena's dex to at least 10 though ^^

Why?  If you're wearing heavy armor it doesn't matter.  You don't detect Dex penalties, page 145.  Don't get bonuses either.  You'd just be slow on the uptake in initiative.  Not necessarily a bad thing for a cleric.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Snake

btw: Sorry about the large pic. I tried to size it down but the encoding didn't work for me. I must've put it in wrong

And I know the pic loopks odd like he's pointing up the sky; but he's supposed to be holdin something like a gun or (in this case) a hand crossbow

greenknight

Adding interest. It'll take me a minute to read through all the worldbuilding and see what folks are playing and offer a character.

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking a fairly simple war cleric, goes by Chaplain. Soldier or mercenary veteran for background.

Alt, a bard looking to join the college of valor or a UA ranger looking a hunter archetype.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

NightLux

Quote from: Snake on April 21, 2017, 01:34:53 PM
btw: Sorry about the large pic. I tried to size it down but the encoding didn't work for me. I must've put it in wrong

The syntax is [img height=xxx]http://or [img width=xxx] where xxx is the number of pixels.  For example, the picture at the top is 800 pixels wide, reproduced here (it also has padding but that's not important here).

However, if I change that to 400, you see this:

Under the spoiler is the full size.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

AndyZ

You have Height capitalized in the tag ^_^ just change it to height with a small h.

NightLux

Quote from: greenknight on April 21, 2017, 01:42:27 PM
...or a UA ranger looking a hunter archetype.

A hunter will have some serious usage in this game.  Not everywhere you go has nice roads and shops to keep supplies, food and water in stock.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Snake

I considered a ranger too; maybe I'll multiclass into it.

But thanks for the image resizing code.

Question; HOw would an military officer survive the events that reshaped the world?

NightLux

Quote from: Snake on April 21, 2017, 01:50:02 PM
Question; HOw would an military officer survive the events that reshaped the world?

You wouldn't.  That was a thousand years ago.  Even infant elves born before are almost entirely dead.  The PHB mentions elves live upwards of 700 years, so assuming you get the equivalent of a 117 year old human (say the natural span is 80) that's our oldest person alive today, hitting 1000 would be exceedingly rare.  Maybe damn near impossible since a fantasy world is going to be a lot rougher than ours without access to some pretty hefty magic.

And if you did meet someone who remembered the time before the Second Catastrophe, be exceedingly nice because they're probably extremely powerful too.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: NightLux on April 21, 2017, 09:57:10 AM
Either of these works at first glance.  I didn't see what fighting style you were thinking of for the fighter (I assume TWF?).

Fighter style is Protection, he'll be throwing his shield up to try and block an enemy rude enough to go after some of the more squishy party members. Speaking of which, since it seems front liners will be more useful right now, I think 'll put Leo as my character for this game. I know you could work with a fragile party, but its easier if there are some tougher members. Oriros is withdrawn, at least for now.

Snake

Ah I see Lux! Well Could I reference one of those survivors as a sort of Idol for Caine? Like a person he measures his own accomplishments against.

greenknight

Yep, looks like a ranger, hunter as an archetype. Is the UA version good?

Also, I'm looking at playing a human with medium armor master. Can I possibly switch out the two shortswords (20gp) from basic gear and 5gp for a longsword and shield (25gp). I just don't like the "forced" TWF spec on baseline rangers.

CS incoming present

Name: Brannock
Race: Variant Human: Perception, Medium Armor Master
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Str 14, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 10
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Str 14, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 10
Class and chosen class skills: Ranger: Athletics, Medicine, Nature
Archetype (if applicable already): (planning on hunter)
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Outlander: Stealth (replacement for previous Athletics), Survival; Sylvan; musical instrument (viol or lute or flute)
Languages: Common, Elf, Goblin, Sylvan         
Weapons and Armor: Scale armor, longsword, shield, long bow and quiver of 20 arrows, dagger
Starting Other Gear: backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50 feet of rope, hunting trap, traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, (viol or lute or flute), 3 gp
Spells 0-[Cantrips]; 1-[Spells]
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

Bibliophilia

I know Kaija will appreciate any protection she can get on the front line.  -giggles.-  On the plus side, her feat lets her double the range of her spells, so she'll be well back and you guys won't have to worry as much about keeping yourselves between her and pointy things that want to kill her to death.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 21, 2017, 02:20:53 PM
I know Kaija will appreciate any protection she can get on the front line.  -giggles.-  On the plus side, her feat lets her double the range of her spells, so she'll be well back and you guys won't have to worry as much about keeping yourselves between her and pointy things that want to kill her to death.

That is one problem with the Protection style, you have to be next to me for my to use it on you (and I can only do it once per round), but on the plus side, the enemy doesn't have to be adjacent, so I can block ranged attacks just as well, but still, it may be better for you to just stand back sometimes. Depends on the exact encounter.

greenknight

CS in my last post

and an avatar

Snake

Well between us it can work Lisz. YOu cover her sexy ass and I"ll go chop them to ribbons :3

Kathyan

Quote from: NightLux on April 21, 2017, 01:19:05 PM
Why?  If you're wearing heavy armor it doesn't matter.  You don't detect Dex penalties, page 145.  Don't get bonuses either.  You'd just be slow on the uptake in initiative.  Not necessarily a bad thing for a cleric.
I know about heavy armor, that's why I dumped dex but picking locks and disabling traps are still dex and even with the +1d4 from guidance I could still use a +1 or rather a +0 instead of a -1 plus proficiency. Could lower cha to 10 or could lower con to 13 and still be pretty tanky, AC18, DR 3/magic, retaliate with lightning/thunder when hit and cure as bonus action ;)

Oh also Lena would be pretty chaotic and mostly dominant in most cases but I would be seeking someone to share bonds with, someone who is her leader, and who dominates her as well. Either male or female by the way.

Bibliophilia

I fixed Kaija's sheet, Night and added her personality write-up and the ones from her Background.  I made up my own Flaw, since none of the ones in the book worked for me.  If you would rather I pick one of them, though, just let me know.

NightLux

Quote from: Snake on April 21, 2017, 02:12:46 PM
Ah I see Lux! Well Could I reference one of those survivors as a sort of Idol for Caine? Like a person he measures his own accomplishments against.

That works.

Quote from: greenknight on April 21, 2017, 02:17:08 PM
Yep, looks like a ranger, hunter as an archetype. Is the UA version good?

Also, I'm looking at playing a human with medium armor master. Can I possibly switch out the two shortswords (20gp) from basic gear and 5gp for a longsword and shield (25gp). I just don't like the "forced" TWF spec on baseline rangers.

Yes, UA version is good and so much better.

And as for gear, you can treat the value of those goods as gold if you'd rather do something else with it.  However, if they say "any martial weapon" don't go picking the most expensive one just to get some extra gold.  You know, like I always do.   ;D

Quote from: Kathyan on April 21, 2017, 02:57:42 PM
I know about heavy armor, that's why I dumped dex but picking locks and disabling traps are still dex and even with the +1d4 from guidance I could still use a +1 or rather a +0 instead of a -1 plus proficiency. Could lower cha to 10 or could lower con to 13 and still be pretty tanky, AC18, DR 3/magic, retaliate with lightning/thunder when hit and cure as bonus action ;)

Oh also Lena would be pretty chaotic and mostly dominant in most cases but I would be seeking someone to share bonds with, someone who is her leader, and who dominates her as well. Either male or female by the way.

I forgot about the skills, my bad.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

greenknight

Full version, in my fancy adaptation of the stat block format. Haven't chosen an instrument, yet.

Brannock
Human Outlander Ranger 1, Neutral Good
Armor Class 18 (scale armor and shield)
Hit Points 11 (1d10+1)      XP 0
Speed 30 ft.

Str
Dex
Con
Int
Wis
Cha
14 (+2)14 (+2)12 (+1)12 (+1)14 (+2)10 (+0)
Saving Throws Str +4, Dex +4
Skills Athletics +4, Medicine +4, Nature +3, Perception +4, Stealth +4, Survival +4
Senses passive Perception 14
Languages Common, Elf, Goblin, Sylvan

Features and Proficiencies
Proficiencies Light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons, musical instrument
Favored Enemy. You gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with weapon attacks against humanoids. Additionally, you have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track your favored enemies, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them.
Natural Explorer. You are a master of navigating the natural world, and you react with swift and decisive action
when attacked. This grants you the following benefits:

• You ignore difficult terrain.
  • You have advantage on initiative rolls.
  • On your first turn during combat, you have advantage on attack rolls against creatures that have not yet acted.
In addition, you are skilled at navigating the wilderness. You gain the following benefits when traveling for an hour or more:

• Difficult terrain doesn’t slow your group’s speed.
  • Your group can’t become lost except by magical means.
  • Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling, you remain alert to danger.
  • If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace.
  • When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would.
  • While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.
Skill. You have proficiency in Athletics
Medium Armor Mastery. When wearing medium armor, you may add up to a +3 Dexterity bonus to AC and never suffer disadvantage to Dexterity (Stealth) checks.
Wanderer. You have an excellent memory for maps and geography and you always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around me. You can always find fresh food and water for yourself and up to five other people each day.

Actions
Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, 5 ft. reach, one target. Hit: 1d8+2 slashing damage or 1d10+2 slashing damage and AC 16 if used with two hands.
Longbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, range 150/600 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8+2 piercing damage
Staff. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, 5 ft. reach, one target. Hit: 1d6+2 bludgeoning damage or 1d8+2 bludgeoning damage if used with two hands and AC drops to 16.
Dagger. Melee Weapon Attack: 4 to hit, 5 ft. reach or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage

Additional Equipment
backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50 feet of rope, hunting trap, traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, 3 gp

Age 20
Height 5’10”
weight 170 lbs
eyes green
skin tanned
hair brown

Personality
I’m driven by a wanderlust that keeps me moving through the forest. I’m never comfortable sleeping in the same place more than one night at a time. And the Forest is getting a bit small.

I’m always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and sometimes breaking them.

Ideals
Man has many enemies in the wild places. I don’t sit back and defend, I find them where they live.

Bonds
??? ?

Flaws
I hate that I can never find a home, one place I can just stay put.[/f]

Brannock, half-elf alt
Half-elf Outlander Ranger 1, Neutral Good
Armor Class 15 (leather armor and shield)
Speed 30 ft.

Str
Dex
Con
Int
Wis
Cha
14 (+2)14 (+2)12 (+1)12 (+1)14 (+2)12 (+2)
Skills Athletics +4, Insight +4, Medicine +4, Nature +3, Perception +4, Stealth +4, Survival +4
Senses darkvision 60 ft, passive Perception 14
Languages Common, Draconic, Elf, Goblin, Sylvan

Proficiencies Light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons, musical instrument
Favored Enemy. You gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with weapon attacks against humanoids. Additionally, you have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track your favored enemies, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them.
Natural Explorer. You are a master of navigating the natural world, and you react with swift and decisive action

• On your first turn during combat, you have advantage on attack rolls against creatures that have not yet acted.
In addition, you are skilled at navigating the wilderness. You gain the following benefits when traveling for an hour or more:

• Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling, you remain alert to danger.
  • While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.
Fey Ancestry.You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.
Skill Versatility. You have proficiency in Perception and Insight
Wanderer. You have an excellent memory for maps and geography and you always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around me. You can always find fresh food and water for yourself and up to five other people each day.

Actions
Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, 5 ft. reach, one target. Hit: 1d8+2 slashing damage or 1d10+2 slashing damage and AC 16 if used with two hands.
Longbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, range 150/600 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8+2 piercing damage
Staff. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, 5 ft. reach, one target. Hit: 1d6+2 bludgeoning damage or 1d8+2 bludgeoning damage if used with two hands and AC drops to 16.
Dagger. Melee Weapon Attack: 4 to hit, 5 ft. reach or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage

Additional Equipment
backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50 feet of rope, hunting trap, traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, 3 gp

Age 20
Height 5’10”
weight 170 lbs
eyes green
skin tanned
hair brown

Personality
I’m driven by a wanderlust that keeps me moving through the forest. I’m never comfortable sleeping in the same place more than one night at a time. And the Forest is getting a bit small.

I’m always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and sometimes breaking them.

Ideals
Man has many enemies in the wild places. I don’t sit back and defend, I find them where they live.

Bonds
??? ?

Flaws
I hate that I can never find a home, one place I can just stay put.

NightLux

Probably the last update I'll do today.  Since we're getting closer, I'll probably create some of the threads over the weekend.

• Laughing Hyena (Lord)

• Snake (Lord) - Caine, male half-elf fighter

• AndyZ (Lord) - Miranda , female half-elf warlock (tentacles anyone?)

• Countdown0 (Lord)

• Kathyan (Lady) - Lena, female human cleric

• Chulanowa (Lord)

• Muse (Lord) - Druid

• greenknight (Lord) - Brannock, male human ranger

Assuming those who expressed interest do join, if we get one more we can have three groups.  I mentioned it before, but it will really be one large group game - obviously groups won't be able to interact with each other while out in the field, but if you're all back in Starfall at the same time, go have fun.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Kathyan

Oh if we are to have three groups running I would say then that Lena has two captains, or she hasn't decided who of those two to be her captain thus she follows commands of both, so as we are able to exchange groups I could see a situation where both of the other PCs could boss her around while also being a possibility that none in the current group could. ^^

White Wolf

Hey there, we chatted over PM earlier but I'm only getting a chance to post now having been at work all day haha. Here's my character idea :)

Name:   Repentance (Tiefling Virtue name)
Race:    Tiefling
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Str 14 Dex 11 Con 12 Int 11 Wis 11 Cha 14
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Str 14 (+2)Dex 11 (+0)Con 12 (+1)Int 12 (+1) Wis 11 (+))Cha 16 (+3) (Tieflings get +1 to Int and +2 to Cha)
Class and chosen class skills:Paladin; Divine Sense (Detects fiends, undead, celestials and consecrated and desecrated ground); Lay On Hands (Can draw from a pool of healing points to heal those she lays her hands on)
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Acolyte - Tools: N/A, Skills: Religion, Insight, Medicine, Athletics
Languages: Common, Infernal, Celestial, Draconic
Weapons and Armor: Longsword, Dagger, Chain Mail, Shield
Starting Other Gear: 20 GP, Pack
Blanket
10 candles
Tinderbox
Alms box
Prayer Book
2 blocks of incense
Censer
Vestments
7 days of rations
Waterskin
Holy Icon
Spells 0-[Cantrips]; Thaumaturgy

The stars are coming right. Is this really the end?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Kathyan on April 21, 2017, 04:08:48 PM
Oh if we are to have three groups running I would say then that Lena has two captains, or she hasn't decided who of those two to be her captain thus she follows commands of both, so as we are able to exchange groups I could see a situation where both of the other PCs could boss her around while also being a possibility that none in the current group could. ^^

Leo is based off viking culture, hence the barely literate nobility who live in a cold climate, fight and attack others, so maybe something could be worked out between him and Lena? Maybe they respect each others abilities, but perhaps Leo's more brutish ways reminds her a little too much of her former companions for her to commit fully, at least for now.

NightLux

Whattaknow, I'm actually waiting for people to show up.  So in the effort to keep it updated...

• Snake (Lord) - Caine, male half-elf Fighter

• AndyZ (Lord) - Miranda , female half-elf Warlock

• RedPhoenix (Centurion) - Rosalie, female high elf Wizard

• greenknight (Lord) - Brannock, male human Ranger

• White Wolf (Lord) - Repentance, female tiefling Paladin

• Kathyan (Lady) - Lena, female human Ceric

• Bibliophilia (Lady) - Kaija, female human Sorcerer

• Countdown0 (Lord)

• Chulanowa (Lord)

• Muse (Lord) - Druid

• Laughing Hyena (Lord)

If those of you who expressed interest can get your characters completed, I think we might be able to migrate over the weekend and get things moving next week, at least with two of the full groups.  I'll work on that in the morning.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Countdown0

Name: Varanos Girand
Race: Half-Elf (skills are Deception & Perception)
Ability Scores (before adjustments): STR: 10, DEX: 13, CON: 13, INT: 10, WIS: 12, CHA: 15
Ability Scores (after adjustments): STR: 10, DEX: 14, CON: 14,: INT: 10, WIS: 12, CHA: 17
Class and chosen class skills: Sorcerer; Skills are Arcana & Insight
Archetype (if applicable already): Draconic Bloodline (Gold)
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Noble; Skills are History & Persuasion; Tool Proficiency: Dragonchess
Languages: Elvish, Common, Draconic, Dwarvish
Weapons and Armor: Quarterstaff, Dagger, no armor
Starting Other Gear: Fine clothes, a signet ring, scroll of pedigree, Dragonchess set, pouch of 25 gold, 750 gold (class average) for additional starting gear - currently unspent
Spells: 0-[Fire Bolt, Frostbite, Create Bonfire, Friends]; 1-[Sleep, Shield]

Varanos cuts a striking figure, taller than most half-elves with a lithe build and what at first seemed almost a naturally haughty visage. At a distance, his eyes may seem a deep yellow or perhaps a dark brown, but upon closer inspection, they carry a distinct golden hue, as does quite a lot of the blonde hair he keeps swept away from his face. Even the areas on his body where his skin if thinner over more pronounced bones - like his cheeks, knuckles, elbows, collar, etc. - a slight sheen of gold can be spotted. It comes with the bloodlines when one's great grandfather is a gold dragon, so he learned to get over the curious glaces of others rather quickly when they notice the tiny scales that blend in to parts of his skin. As the heir to the Girand family, his parents would typically prefer that he keep out of trouble and not go about flaunting his natural magical prowess. They tried to have him schooled at a young age to channel and control the arcane magics he has access to, but book learning didn't take. It was always apparent that he preferred to figure it out himself and use his instincts than to have to read spells out of a book or write them on a scroll. Perhaps pride kept him from becoming a naturally gifted wizard, but without that same pride, he wouldn't be the man he is today, and that would certainly be a bad thing, wouldn't it? *cheeky wink*

(All right, here's the character sheet. *edit* Got the picture in there, hope its suitable/not ugly and repellent to everyone's eyes.)
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Wheeler97

Decided to go Barbarian for something different... Lots of Charisma-based characters already.

Name: Roan Sawyer
Race: Half-Orc (Skill: Intimidate)
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Str: 14, Dex: 14, Con: 15, Int: 8, Wis: 10, Cha: 10
Ability Scores (after adjustments): 16 (+3), 14 (+2), 16 (+3), 8 (-1), 10 (+0), 10 (+0); Half-Orc adds +2 Str, +1 Con
Class and chosen class skills: Barbarian, Perception and Athletics
Archetype (if applicable already): N/A (Probably Berzerker)
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Folk Hero, Animal Handling and Survival, Vehicles (Land) and Carpenter's tools.
Languages: Common and Orc
Weapons and Armor: Greataxe, Handaxe x2, Javelin x4
Starting Other Gear:
Explorer's Pack
Backpack, a Bedroll, a Mess kit, a Tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of Rations, and a Waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of Hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
, set of Carpenter's Tools, shovel, iron pot, common clothes, 10gp

Roan grew up with a rather simple childhood, and that is something he deeply appreciates. His human father, Harbin, is a carpenter, and his half-orc mother, Belika, tended gardens. He wasn't the only half-orc child in the hamlet of River's Bend, nearly two week's travel from Starfall, and most other families were respectful of their neighbors. This meant he was spared the typical bullying half-orcs in larger towns expect. The woman that passed as River's Bend's schoolteacher died of illness when Roan was nine or ten, and that was the end of his formal education. He quickly learned the value of a hard day's work, first carting his mother's pickings around town and eventually working with his father as a woodcutter, then learning the trade of a carpenter.

Four years ago, days of heavy rains caused the river of River's Bend to flood. Roan had been hauling a wagon's load of lumber down from the hills above the town, fighting the muddy trails the whole way. In a mix of terror and frustration, he leaped down from the wagon, cut his family's horses loose from the wagon, and ran. Before long he was wading and then swimming to his family's home. He found it empty. With his mind a frantic blur, he only vaguely remembers swimming through that frigid water from house to house as he followed cries for help. He saved three families that afternoon, swimming them two by two to safety. The next day he received help, as some of the men that survived returned in small boats they managed to salvage downriver. And the next day he was relieved to find his parents safe, returning from a delivery to a family friend a day's travel away. Reluctantly, Roan was hailed as a hero, the "Hand of (Ilmater)" for his endurance and compassion. He felt that his motivation wasn't worth the praise; he was trying to find his parents. It just wasn't right to swim away from the people he came across.

With so many homes damaged, crops and livelihoods washed away mere weeks before the harvest, most of the residents of River's Bend were forced to pack up their belongings and move on. The Sawyer family had a decent savings and continued as far as Starfall. Father and son struggled and failed to rebuild their carpentry business in the city. Taking whatever work he could, Roan took to the city... poorly. The vices within Starfall are constantly calling. Facing his demons, Roan is convinced he needs a change of scenery.

Character Portrait

Bibliophilia

-is giggling entirely too much at the image of Charo making character portraits and cuchi-cuchi-ing all the while.-

NightLux

If your name is in green I've validated your character.  I will be editing this post over the next hour as I finish.  Green means I have been able to validate your character with Hero Labs.  Red means either I found a problem (and you got a PM) or you need to tell me which of the two characters you've mentioned you will play.

• Countdown0 (Lord) - Varanos, male half-elf Sorcerer

• Wheeler97 (Lord) - Roan Sawyer, male half-orc Barbarian

• LisztesFerenc (Lord) - Leo Rindz-ra of Thranwall, male human Fighter

• Chulanowa (Lord)

• Muse (Lord) - Druid

• Laughing Hyena (Lord)

A lot will be happening this weekend in order to get us ready to go next week.

• I will create a Character Thread and OOC over in NC-Exotic.  I chose NC since there might be some dubious-con events between the player characters.  However, you cannot actually force yourself on another character without their player's permission, obviously.

• I will finish validating all character sheets this morning that have been submitted.

• I will announce the groups in the OOC thread by tomorrow

• Check both threads for what everyone needs to accomplish (posting characters into the character thread, etc) before we start

If anyone else has any questions, please shoot me a PM/post here/the OOC.  I hope everyone is looking forward to this!
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

LisztesFerenc

Assuming there's no problem with Leo, I will be playing him.

greenknight

Strongly considering switching Brannock's Cha and Int and possibly making him a half-elf (and then possibly re-working his stats for better use of the ability advance at L4). Also, could I possibly switch out the musical instrument proficiency for herbalism kit?

NightLux

Quote from: greenknight on April 22, 2017, 10:03:03 AM
Strongly considering switching Brannock's Cha and Int and possibly making him a half-elf (and then possibly re-working his stats for better use of the ability advance at L4). Also, could I possibly switch out the musical instrument proficiency for herbalism kit?

Until you've posted over in the character thread, you can make any changes you want without my permission, so long as it remains a valid character.

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on April 22, 2017, 10:01:17 AM
  Assuming there's no problem with Leo, I will be playing him.

I'll get him validated now.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

greenknight

Cool. Here's the update. Won't be able to afford an herbalist's kit for awhile, but I replaced the instrument proficiency from background for it.

Is the character thread up yet?

Brannock
Human Outlander Ranger 1, Neutral Good
Armor Class 18 (scale armor and shield)
Speed 30 ft.

Str
Dex
Con
Int
Wis
Cha
14 (+2)14 (+2)12 (+1)10 (+0)14 (+2)12 (+1)
Skills Athletics +4, Medicine +4, Nature +2, Perception +4, Stealth +4, Survival +4
Senses passive Perception 14
Languages Common, Elf, Goblin, Sylvan

Proficiencies Light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons, musical instrument herbalism kit

Skill. You have proficiency in Athletics
Medium Armor Mastery. When wearing medium armor, you may add up to a +3 Dexterity bonus to AC and never suffer disadvantage to Dexterity (Stealth) checks.

Actions

Additional Equipment

Age 20
Height 5’10”
weight 170 lbs
eyes green
skin tanned
hair brown

Personality

Ideals

Bonds
????

Flaws
I hate that I can never find a home, one place I can just stay put.

NightLux

The character thread/general information is up here.

Anyone in green is cleared to post their characters.  Feel free to PM me for your stat blocks.

• Chulanowa (Lord)

• Muse (Lord) - Druid

[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Wheeler97

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 22, 2017, 02:24:20 AM
-is giggling entirely too much at the image of Charo making character portraits and cuchi-cuchi-ing all the while.-

What have I done? No, what have you done!? I won't be able to get this image out of my head all day, I am sure. *Giggle* I didn't pay so much attention to the name of the artist at first.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Name: Rini Orlsdotter
Race: Human
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Str   9, Dex   13, Con   12, Int   12, Wis   15, Chrs   12
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Str   9, Dex   14, Con   12, Int   12, Wis   16, Chrs 12
Class and chosen class skills: Druid: Medecine, Nature.  Herbalisim Kit. 
Archetype (if applicable already): --
Background: (include skill and tool proficiencies) Folk Hero: Animal Handling, Survival, Cook's Tools, Land Vehicles. 
Languages: Common, Druidic, Sylvan
Weapons and Armor: Dagger, Staff.  Leather Armor. 
Starting Other Gear: Belt Puoch.  10 gold.  Calico barn cat "Strut", Clothes (Common),  Cook's Tools, Druidic Focus, Explorer's Pack,
Spells 0-[Cantrips]; 1-[Spells] Produce Flame, Shilelagh.  Engangle, Fairy Fire, Goodberry, Healing Word   

Notes:  Her feat is Polearm Master.  Let me find her picture. 

Bibliophilia

Quote from: Wheeler97 on April 22, 2017, 11:20:22 AM
What have I done? No, what have you done!? I won't be able to get this image out of my head all day, I am sure. *Giggle* I didn't pay so much attention to the name of the artist at first.

It's the first thing I noticed and the image wouldn't go away, so I thought I'd share!  -giggles.-  I like the art, though.  She's almost as good an artist as she is a dancer!  -shakes my maracas and shimmies out.-  Cuchi-cuchi!

greenknight

Maracas.
__
|\
   \
     Is that where we're calling it now? :D

Kathyan

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on April 21, 2017, 04:33:01 PM
  Leo is based off viking culture, hence the barely literate nobility who live in a cold climate, fight and attack others, so maybe something could be worked out between him and Lena? Maybe they respect each others abilities, but perhaps Leo's more brutish ways reminds her a little too much of her former companions for her to commit fully, at least for now.
As you put it he sounds like a great buddy for Lena as she is quite brutish too. I'm sort of thinking about her as if she had come out from a Mad Max film even though she has spells :P oh and loved Charro's portrait as well.

RedPhoenix

Chulanowa

I'm getting there, I'm getting there! It's just.. .a thing I have...

VenatorBC26

EndofDivine

Have room for more?

Name: Sora Davenlow
Race: Air Genasi
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Str: 8 Dex: 15 Con: 13 Int: 12 Wis: 10 Cha: 14
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Str: 8 Dex: 16 Con: 15 Int: 12 Wis: 10 Cha: 14
Class and chosen class skills: Bard. Class skills are Performance, Persuasion, and Investigation.
Archetype (if applicable already): Probably going College of Lore.
Background: Sage. Arcana and History proficiency plus two additional languages.
Languages: Common, Primordial, Celestial, Infernal
Weapons and Armor: Rapier, Dagger, Leather Armor
Starting Other Gear: Lute, Chest, 2x Map Cases, Lamp, 5 sheets of paper, 2x Oil Flasks, Perfume, Sealing Wax, Soap, 2x bottle of ink, quill, common clothes, belt pouch with 10 gp
Spells 0-[Cantrips]  Mage Hand, Vicious Mockery; 1-[Spells] Feather Fall, Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Thunderwave

Personality: Danger? What danger? All I see is adventure and artifacts waiting to be had.
Ideals: Studying and learning from the past will show us the way forward.
Bond: I feel drawn to the elemental planes. One day, I hope to meet an Elemental Lord for myself.
Flaw: Relics of the past are priceless to me. The desire to obtain one often overpowers my common sense.

Background: Sora's father was one of the first Starfall scouts sent out into the ravaged lands to see what could be found by sifting through the ashes. He performed admirably for a time but his greatest find also turned out to be his final mission. By some random chance, he had stumbled across an ancient portal to the elemental planes buried deep within a cave complex. It stood dormant, clearly unused for thousands of years. Curious, he approached, his fingertips brushing the dust from unfamiliar runes. The gate whirred to life and reacted to this intrusion, sending a jolt of energy through his arm that was strong enough to fling him against the cavern wall. It was several hours before he regained consciousness only to find that the greatest discovery of his life had vanished without a trace.

The scout settled down after that fateful encounter with ancient tech, though the numbness in his arm never went away and his back never quite healed right. An old acquaintance from the scouts became his wife not long after he retired and they were happy for a time. When they finally decided to have children, it became shockingly clear that the scars the man now carried weren't the only gift left over from that day. Sora was born to two humans, a Genasi that was nearly more elemental than human - a rarity these days considering how diluted the elemental bloodlines had become over the course of a thousand years. The obvious rumors of infidelity swirled and the mother - obviously knowing the truth - swore the child was a mutant that she wanted nothing to do with.

Stuck with a daughter he had no clue how to raise on his own, Sora's father defaulted to what he knew: he raised a Scout. This was perfectly acceptable to Sora, a free spirit that found the city too confining and the gossip that was whispered behind her back too painful to listen to. Sora developed into a bright and capable young woman under her father's training and gladly accepted the task of scouring the world outside the city for people, artifacts, and resources; anything that could be useful. Deep down though, Sora's motives were much more personal; she never felt human and never really belonged. Out there somewhere were people like her - people whose blood carried the lineage of two different planes - and devices that would let her see the elemental planes with her own eyes. Sora was resolved to find them, even if she had to turn over every rock on the planet looking for them.

NightLux

Quote from: VenatorBC26 on April 22, 2017, 01:00:12 PM
Is it too late to join?

No it is not. I'm out and about the town today but if you post a character I'll validate and you should be good to go.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

VenatorBC26

Name: Alliera Brightshield
Race: Dragonborne(Silver
Ability Scores (before adjustments): Str: 14 Dex: 13 Con: 12 Int: 10 Wis: 8 Cha: 15
Ability Scores (after adjustments): Str: 16 Dex: 13 Con: 12 Int: 10 Wis: 8 Cha: 16
Class and chosen class skills: Paladin of Bahamut, Class Skills are Athletics and Religion
Archetype (if applicable already): N/A(as of yet)
Background: Noble
Languages: Common, Draconic, Celestial
Weapons and Armor: Longsword, 5x Javalins, Chainmail, Shield.
Starting Other Gear: Explorer Pack, Set of Fine Clothes, Signit Ring, Scroll of Pedigree,  Necklace with silver relief of Bahamut(Holy Symbol)
Spells 0-[Cantrips] 1-[Spells]
Personality: Why do we always have to be so dour? we're seeing all kinds of cool stuff and helping people!
Ideals: The Protection of the realms and thier people is the highest goal.
Bond: Alliera loves all children, and will often act as a foster-mother to some homeless children.
Flaw: Alliera is a bit of a scatterbrain, and will often miss things others will see.

Background: Alliera's real parents were a pair of dragonborn pilgrims, who dropped her off with the human noble family Brightshield before then went on a some religious journey that goes unexplained to this day. Alliera was raised by this noble family, brought up to be a noble lady and Knight in the human tradition. this continued until Alliera had a number of dreams that calls her to the dragon god Bahamut. Alliera goes to a Temple to the platinum god, and the local church authorities reveal that she was called to be a Paladin. Alliera went to be trained, and worked hard for her chosen diety. It is years before she becomes a true Paladin, and even then, she isn't anywhere near the best. For a few years, Alliera quests around the local area, before eventually working to find a group to work with.

Wheeler97

Wow, if anyone wants a really neat form-fillable PDF character sheet for 5th edition, this is available for as little as you'd like to pay (can put $0 for free). It has settings for what content to allow or not, even UA, and auto-fills the sheet for you with everything as you add your class, race, background, attributes, and items. I haven't played with it to see what it does for custom backgrounds, or how to add them, and I haven't played with spells.

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/186823/Character-Sheet--MPMBs-fullyautomated-Printer-Friendly-character-generator?src=hottest_filtered&filters=45469

NightLux

The character thread/general information is up here.

Anyone in green is cleared to post their characters.  Feel free to PM me for your stat blocks.

• VenatorBC26(Lord) - Alliera, female Dragonborn Paladin

• EndofDivine(Lord) - Sora , female Air Genasi Bard

• Chulanowa (Lord)

• Muse (Lord) - Druid

Ven and EndofDivine are good to go post into the Character Thread (big link at the top of this post).  I'll send PMs with your stat blocks shortly.

If anyone I've approved hasn't gotten a stat block, let me know.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

NightLux

Quote from: Wheeler97 on April 22, 2017, 05:30:24 PM
Wow, if anyone wants a really neat form-fillable PDF character sheet for 5th edition, this is available for as little as you'd like to pay (can put $0 for free). It has settings for what content to allow or not, even UA, and auto-fills the sheet for you with everything as you add your class, race, background, attributes, and items. I haven't played with it to see what it does for custom backgrounds, or how to add them, and I haven't played with spells.

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/186823/Character-Sheet--MPMBs-fullyautomated-Printer-Friendly-character-generator?src=hottest_filtered&filters=45469

I used that for the longest time.  Spells can get a big tricky.  I love Hero Labs but I understand, the license is $25.  But I already used it for PFS...
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

eternaldarkness

We seem to have a strong 'outcast' theme going with the characters thus far. I like it.

NightLux

OOC Thread and Group Announcements are here.

One another announcement - I accidentally put the Character Thread in the Freeform board, not the system.  I've asked them to move it.  Not sure if that messes up bookmarks and all, but I'll relink it from the OOC thread.

Again, green means you're good, I should have sent you a stat block and you can post in the Character Thread.

• VenatorBC26(Lord) - Alliera, female Dragonborn Paladin

• EndofDivine(Lord) - Sora , female Air Genasi Bard

• Muse (Lord) - Rini, female human Druid

• Chulanowa (Lord)

If anyone I've approved hasn't gotten a stat block, let me know.

To anyone else interested in joining, we still have one post open on the third group and then we are full up.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Bibliophilia

I've got Kai's stat block finished and posted.  -flops.-

Chulanowa

Name: Gaz the Lionslayer
Race: Goblin
Ability Scores (before adjustments): 14 | 14 | 15 | 8 | 10 | 10
Ability Scores (after adjustments): 14 | 16 | 16 | 8 | 10 | 10
Class and chosen class skills: Barbarian; Perception and Intimidate
Background (include skill and tool proficiencies:) Urchin; Sleight of Hand, Stealth; Disguise Kit, Thieves Tools
Languages: Common, Goblin
Weapons and Armor: Warhammer; Shortbow w/ 20 arrows; javelins (4)
Starting Other Gear: Explorer's pack; Small knife; map of the city; A pet mouse; a token; set of common clothes; belt pouch w/10 GP

Once, Gaz was a slave. Born into the thrall herds of the underdark, she toiled with her kin, picking through ore and rubble in a Deurgar mine-town. Chatter was punished by the whip. Glares were punished by the whip. Being punished by hte whip meant being punished more, usually by withholding food. It was a grim life. If anything made it slightly bearable, it's that the evil dwarves always seemed somehow more unhappy than hteir slaves.
   Goblins are not the world's bravest creatures, but even they have limits. A plot against the masters took root in the slave warrens. Several weeks in the making, it would have succeeded, had one lickspittle not warned his captors. As it was, several of the goblins escaped, fleeing into the wilds of the underdark. Among them was Gaz.
   Who knows how long she was alone. She certainly had no way of telling time. For that period her life was mostly going hungry, following her nose towards anything that smelled good to fix that ache in her belly. This is what led her to the surface - and capture. A lone goblin stuffing its face with pemmican is hardly a worry for five trained adventurers, so they saw no point in killing her.
   Instead, Gaz found something new; kindness. She tagged along with these tall, jabbery creatures, making herself useful in various ways. eventually she learned their jabber, and offered more direct service; shew knew paths and lore of the underdark, and was more than happy to guide others against the scumbags living down there.

Personality:
   Gaz is pleasant enough company, if you find goblin barbarians pleasant company; She eats like everyone around her is going to steal her food, she rarely bothers to watch her tongue, and is very fond of singing - the bawdier the better. She has no real ties and so has readily adopted the way of the adventurer. Though she's not bad at sneaking, she finds more... direct approaches far more satisfying and gratifying. Despite the obvious differences between them, she has quite a soft spot for other goblins and will always try to see a peaceful resolution between them and the tallpeople. She has no tolerance for slavery or forced servitude. Gaz began calling herself "The Lionslayer" after a drunken back-alley battle with a particularly large tomcat. Somehow hte title has stuck and others refer to her as the lionslayer as well. She likes it.

NightLux

Looks good Chulanowa, I sent you the stat block and you should be good to go.  I'll be getting your group's thread up soon.

To anyone else who is interested, we have one slot left open.  I'd love to get it filled!
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

CeruleanSerenity

I have been thinking of joining this... probably as a rogue of some sort. I'm not ready to write up a character quite yet, but hopefully I can catch up on my other responsibilities and get to work on that soon, if there's still room. I still need to read through this thread properly, too.

Wheeler97

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on April 24, 2017, 01:23:23 PM
I have been thinking of joining this... probably as a rogue of some sort. I'm not ready to write up a character quite yet, but hopefully I can catch up on my other responsibilities and get to work on that soon, if there's still room. I still need to read through this thread properly, too.

There is indeed one more spot in the third group. Feel free to ask questions when you come up with any. The important parts to read are the big links at the top of the last two posts by NightLux. One's the OOC thread (has the groups and general info for the starting quests) and the Character Thread for the extra bio and the post header for the game... Whatever you submit here for a character "sheet" is what NightLux will use for your Stat Block that will go in your character thread entry...

NightLux

Exactly.  Luckily building a 5E character isn't too terribly tough and we've been able to breeze through it.  Its the narrative stuff that might take longer because, well, it takes longer for me because I love that sort of brainstorming.

Feel free to PM me any questions and I can help you through anything you need.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Wheeler97

Oh, Chulanowa, Gaz is adorable... Maybe I should keep that to myself. Then again, maybe it's more fun if I don't, haha.