Baron Wyrmhaven's Academic Institute for Seductive Demons (Need 2 More Players!)

Started by Capone, April 11, 2017, 09:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibliophilia

Capone

Capone

So I gave it some consideration, and even though it'd be a smaller game, I'm wondering if it's worth trying with just four players and adding on if folks gain interest down the line.

The question is: am I ready to start hosting a group game right now? My life's gonna be in a weird flux the next two weeks, but after that I should have more stability and potentially more access to E. So with that in mind, I wanted to gauge the interest of you folks so far:

1) Do we just go for broke and play with four players regardless? Or do you think there won't be enough variety in characters?

2) Do we want to wait 2-3 weeks when I'm more settled to begin?

Even if we choose #2, I'd probably try and use some spare time to create some of the setting threads just to give a sense of what the Institute is like. In addition, it'll better allow me to figure out how I want to start this off.

Or, there's always option

3) Close this, and in 2-3 weeks start a request for another group game.

Even in my one-on-one's I plan for multiple characters, so any of those ideas would work. Or I could think of something new.

Obviously the end decision is going to come down to how I personally feel, but I'm also very impressionable in my own right. So once you guys have thought a bit, let me know what you'd like to try and do.

Sephiriel

Even if I am really looking forward to it starting as soon as possible, reason and group game experience in general tell me that it's better to wait. And if we're going to wait, choice no 3 should do it. Here's my reasoning: we can go with just four players and keep it nice and simple and I bet it's going to be really good, but if either of us backs down for whatever reason then the game dies. Any game needs a focused, somewhat ever-present GM. He or she should be in it with all it takes. Of course things that interfere with this idealistic ever-present situation will always come, so at least the start of the game should be free from them.
I have the feeling that the setting you've worked on is complex enough and it would be a shame to have only a few players - even if we are the best players, which we are, right guys?  ;D and if you use the time to work on the setting some more, than that's a win-win situation for me as a player and I don't mind waiting. Advertising it in a new light or in a period that's better for group games in general might be wise.
BUT you should choose what feels right for you! (I bet that's what the Serpent told Eve too after such a long speech hehe)

Capone

Thanks for your input! I'll wait and see what Bibs and LordLuck think before making a choice.

Chaosfox

This  does seem interesting.  As I stated in another thread yesterday for an other game I will work on  a CS  and get it Up At the very least by Wednesday or Thursday. If not For family coming over today I would say tuesday XD.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Marek

My Sunday morning started with breakfast, coffee, and mad laughter. You see, I noticed this curious little recruitment tag, and then read this amazing game idea...

Yes, yes, absolutely yes, I'm in! While I cannot get a character sheet done this morning, I will over the next day or two. I'm dialing in on a subjugation scholar, a charismatic figure that wants to give the succulent little humans the direction they so clearly need on what to think and how to live. And who better than the scion of a powerful senator? It is assumed by most that he will someday follow the family tradition and enter politics, but for now he is a college student, one thought of as the hope for a better future. It's chic for humans to know what he thinks, and a social coup for them to be able to say they've spent time with him. And he is a sharing man...

Capone... This is a spectacular idea!! Thanks for this! Whether you launch this now or in the future, I would love to be a part of it.

Marek

"Shame is the lie someone told you about yourself." - Anais Nin
Roleplaying Status: Actively Searching
Ons and Offs | Marek's Speakeasy

Capone

Take your time. Feel free to drop the character sheet in when you're ready.

Bibliophilia

Oh, yay, more people!  -grins.-  It sort of seems to indicate that leaving recruitment open and available is the best idea.  I don't mind waiting, personally.

Capone

LordLuck

Personally, I am ok with letting the tale wait a little further.

Despite my urges to touch the ladies around out characters so very much. I fully concur with Jane Storm - in the end, this is your tale, Capone, and we're here to back your decisions up on the feel and even the timing and pace of the story :)
Mourning.

Capone

I'm actually going to reqbest that character sheets be held onto for now. There's a good chance I'm going to be shelving this after all. I cannot go into detail, unfortunately, but will offer a full explanation if I choose not to go through. I don't want anyone spending time crafting a character if they don't have to.

Capone

Well, if you look to the left you'll notice something new. At a most interesting time have I become a Mentor.

Because of the additional responsibilities this will entail, I made the choice to shelve this story for the time being. I'm sorry, as when I first created it I hadn't foreseen this possibility. But, it's here, and I fear that were I try and commit to this story as well, I would be too stretched and worn and something would break.

Apologies if anyone feels lead on or let down. I will make sure I let all of you know if I choose to bring it back, or if, in time, I find myself at a point to mentor and run a group story. For now, though, I'm afraid this idea must remain on hold.

Thanks for the interest, everyone, and may you all have delightful tales to weave.

Bibliophilia

LordLuck

Yeah, congrats! Good on you, man.

Take your time, and feel free to get in touch when things cool down slightly and you feel yourself able to take onto a new tale.
Mourning.

Sephiriel

Everyone quick, dance around the mentor and annoy him with stupid questions!  ;D

Grats, Capone!

Chaosfox

There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's