Pathfinder Assassin's Guild

Started by Mantis Shrimp Prime, April 07, 2017, 02:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pockets

*tosses my hat into the ring*

I might either play my 3.5 warlock or my pathfinder trip master monk. I don't know.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Marie Reynolds

Sounds Good to me Kathyan, Should I pm you has out our connections?. Has stat generation or other creation guidelines aside from tenth level been set up?

Snake

Mantis told me tat he'll put that sort of thing on an OOC thread.

Chulanowa

Others

Name: Piglet
Race: Goblin
Class: Alchemist (Archetype undecided; Looking at Grenadier, inspired alchemist, mad scientist, and / or tinkerer )

Piglet has never really known a life outside the guild; years ago an ill-planned goblin raid (what other kind is there?) left behind one of their offspring in the gutters of the city. The squalling green thing was scooped up and tended by the gamine of the street, who in turn answered to the consortium of footpads and cutpurses. Though raised outside the culture of her primitive parents, Piglet took to skulking and sneaking and stealing naturally.
   D'armo Valissiere daw more potential in the pickpocket than just loose change and pilfered rings, though. Piglet had a sharp mind and picked up new things readily, and Lord D'armo (as he fancied himself) wondered if goblin obsession with fire was a natural one, like their sneakiness. As it turns out... No, but even so, Piglet found she loved learning about the explosives and chemicals the guild used to make distractions and cover their escapes. She has even expanded on the repertoire considerably.
   Piglet is fine with a dagger in the dark, of course. She's skilled at disguise and spying. But if you need just the right toxin? Or cure? Maybe a nice potion of barkskin? Or, of course, if you ever need an entire room of people turned into a smoky mess all across the walls? You'll want the green bomber.

Mystic Dragon

Interest- Monster characters ok?
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Yes, but it will depend.

I didn't want people getting too far ahead with character specifics, as I just wanted to gauge  interest before I started planning stuff out. I'll get back to everyone about campaign specifics as soon as I can.

(Probably by the end of this week.)

Just going to let everyone know this won't start for awhile, since I'm going to Las Vegas for a weekend in a couple weeks, so, story won't start until after I get back from that.

Sally Aces

Thanks for the heads up... and ...hmmm... monster races, eh? *puts thinking cap on* my Wizard may be on the 'someday I'll go Lich' tract...

Kathyan

Oh monster as characters definitively sounds interesting, not familiar with that in PF but will give it a look to see what can I come with. Will think of her personality once I decide ^^

Chulanowa

Well shoot, the one time I come up with a character idea fairly quickly, the game is nowhere near starting  :P

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 11, 2017, 02:18:58 AM
Well shoot, the one time I come up with a character idea fairly quickly, the game is nowhere near starting  :P

lol, yeah, my bad, I probably should've been a bit more clear about that.
I've been wanting to do this assassin's guild rp for awhile now though, so, I wanted to make sure people would be interested, and also make sure I got it off right so I don't wind up winging it only to like, bail out shortly into it

It could start earlier depending on how much time I have this week to work on roleplaying, but I figured I should give that heads up just in case

Mystic Dragon

I'm fine with the delay- my partner in crime will probably want in on this because he and I started our characters in an assassin's guild game that didn't get very far before fizzling out. I'm sure he'd like the chance to play out our pair's early years.

Countdown0

I'm not disheartened by the delay either. More time to get the character ready. I'm thinking of either making a Sorcerer or an Arcanist whose preferred method of assassination: teleport to target ==> cast spell to kill them ==> teleport to safety

Probably sorcerer, so that I can both get the high charisma to also act as a "face" character, and for more spells per day :D
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Marie Reynolds

I think Ill try the Vishkanya race with the Investigator class. Unless Kathayan wanted to play the poisoner still or still have character ties?

Kathyan

Aw I forgot illithids were copyrighted by wizards so no mind flayers in PF, I was sort of thinking that if we were allowed to go monstruous, I'll keep pondering if anything else comes to mind otherwise I'll stick with the halforc mesmerist.

Feel free to go poisoner Marie, and we can still discuss characters ties later if you want :-)

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, squidfaces belong to WotC franchise. As does following list of them;

beholder
gauth
carrion crawler
displacer beast
githyanki
githzerai
kuo-toa
slaad
umber hulk
yuan-ti

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: Kathyan on April 15, 2017, 11:06:27 AM
Aw I forgot illithids were copyrighted by wizards so no mind flayers in PF, I was sort of thinking that if we were allowed to go monstruous, I'll keep pondering if anything else comes to mind otherwise I'll stick with the halforc mesmerist.

Feel free to go poisoner Marie, and we can still discuss characters ties later if you want :-)

No reason we can't attempt to convert if the GM is amenable.

Marie Reynolds

Sounds good Kathyan look forward to discussing ties.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

lol, WotC's copyright.
I include whatever I want.
Sometimes not even D&D-derived things!

Anyway, we could probably work something out... PF is a bit harder to balance the races with since there aren't as exact guidelines as, say, a level adjustment, but we could probably customize something.

MingMing

Are you still accepting characters? 

I had an inspiration for a Wuxia style Tian character, a bard that specialized in unarmed combat, looking 'harmless', gaining access to all manner of 'safe' courtly locations, waxing poetic while fulfilling contracts.  I might ask for a few 3.5 feats to help flesh out this idea, if you are willing and accepting of more characters?
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Mantis Shrimp Prime

I actually haven't really eve started formally accepting people, I'm probably not going to be able to really start this until next Tuesday anyway, so, check back then, there'll surely be a room for everybody.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

All right. After a bit of reflection and consideration, I'm going to start moving forward with this.
The opening post has been updated reflecting more details on what kind of game I hope to run and final character creation guidelines.

I should be able to take on anyone who is still interested in the final details.
After a lot of thinking, I've decided this will be going into the Bondage/Human section.
My apologies to anyone who was hoping for something different, but I don't really want to deal with anything other than that right now.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, will start working my char concept :)

Chulanowa

IT'S ALIIIIIVE!

I may stick with Piglet. I might not. I'm just surprised that 40-point buy isn't as impressive as it sounds.