Sci-Fi Roleplay/Story thing

Started by Hyena Dandy, April 03, 2013, 11:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyena Dandy

So, I have a proposal for an RP for people, and was wondering who might be interested in it. I would GM it.

The players are colonists, sent to colonize another planet. They go into cryosleep to go out. When they wake up, they find that over 1,000 years have passed, and humanity is now ruled by an artificial intelligence named Socrates, who was created to fight off an alien attack.

This is a setting I've worked on for some time, and would like to do here. There is more to it, but that's all I want to put in for now, so people don't read too much if they're not interested.

My idea is for things to be player driven. While there will be events that I have planned, I intend to do my best to avoid a railroading situation, or to just say “This Is What The Plot Is.” The players are people from a thousand years ago, adapting to a world they don't recognize, run by an omnipresent computer. Once I feel a lot has been explored that, I might start having a 'Plot,' but even then, I don't want to just be telling people what to do.

I figure... Six people maxiumum sounds good, four people would do :) Let me know if interested.

Duelist925

Sounds like fun. I'm in, definately.

Say, a computer tech/mechanic kind of character? Strengths in hacking, computery...things, and fixing up gadgets and the like?

Hyena Dandy

Quote from: Duelist925 on April 04, 2013, 03:51:22 AM
Sounds like fun. I'm in, definately.

Say, a computer tech/mechanic kind of character? Strengths in hacking, computery...things, and fixing up gadgets and the like?

You can play pretty much anything. This was going to be a full-fledged colony, not just an outpost. The players were colonists, who are going to adjust to a new world, but there would have been a bunch of civilians in addition to people who are 'qualified.' So be what you want, yeah.

GolGol

I'd be interested. I have been looking for a sci-fi game for quite some time now.

I have no idea what kind of character I want to play though :p
My game ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75040.0

Ons and Offs, the updated list,  and pictures. Updated 29/10: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4506

Discord: Plasmapudding#3339

Hyena Dandy

Quote from: GolGol on April 04, 2013, 03:41:39 PM
I'd be interested. I have been looking for a sci-fi game for quite some time now.

I have no idea what kind of character I want to play though :p

I can help you figure out, if you want. :)

fleacollar999

This sounds terribly fun! I'm in, if you'll have me!

I am allowed to join Non-Adult RPs, right? Like if I wasn't allowed to join I wouldn't be able to access it, correct?

Catastronaut

I'd like a seat at the "table".  I'm open to playing just about anything, depending on the needs of the story or setting.

These Facades

I would certainly be interested in this if you're still looking for players! I haven't been approved yet, though. Just joined today.

Baalborn87

Zelric Miras

I'd like to place my name in as well.

Chtozahuinya

For sure, for usure. I like your idea. I'd like to play a general laborer whose skills lie mostly heavy lifting and machinist type work. Hydraulics and all that. Grease monkey.
If you subscribe to a school of thought you no longer think for yourself. Don't choose sides, choose causes.

Nefarious Prime

So, is Socrates an evilish AI, or one more like "This is for the greater good"?  And does he have humans working directly for him, or is his stuff kept up only by robots?
~~~~~~~
~~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~
~~~
~~
~

MementoMori

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

O/O

BlindManDonny

I am Highly Interested, I would love to be apart.

What details would you like out of me?