A Wanderer's Romance

Started by Zeth, October 09, 2014, 05:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeth

http://www.stargazergames.eu/games/a-wanderers-romance/

The world began as nothing but ocean. The Origins raised up a million colourful islands, anything larger than a few dozen miles being swallowed by the envious deep. Some of these immaterial beings chose to take a physical form and live in the varied lands they had created, eventually settling into the forms of men and beasts. Our ancestors.

The Origins that did not take physical form paid a great cost. They were left unable to affect their world directly, relying upon influencing men with words and knowledge. Their teachings led to our understanding of elemental balance, the formation of the thousand Legendary Styles and the universal code of combat that define our world today.

You are a great man or woman. An errant trained in both the noble art of combat and in contests of body and mind. Drifting from one island to another, you have your own philosophy on life and the power to enforce it.

A Wanderer’s Romance is a game of martial art duels and tea-making contests set in a world of unnatural islands on an endless sea. It draws on its Wuxia influences but focuses on a character driven game with scope for incredible environments and a true sense of exploration.

I have several plot seeds thanks to TheHangedMan and the Shout Box in general. This story can go in almost any direction.

Maybe all the characters share a common point - being orphans, for instance, who were taken in by a kindly old man/woman. Said old man/woman could have taken each to different places, different schools... and now they're all being called upon to visit their benefactor on their death bed?

Maybe  they are all on a  quest to find the perfect cup of tea for spiritual enlightenment?

Maybe all their paths crossed by chance?

I am open to suggestions.

TheHangedOne

Hola, Zeth. Definitely interested in this game, for obvious reasons. 
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Zeth

Name:

[u][b]Elements[/b][/u]
Air:
Earth:
Fire:
Water:
Balance:

[b]Specialties:[/b]
[b]
Philosophy:[/b]
[b]
Weapons:[/b]

[b]Armour:[/b]

[b]Styles:[/b]

This is the basic character sheet. Players will choose how to distribute 6 dice among the 4 elements as they wish.

TheHangedOne

Name: Lu Shi Huan

Elements
Air: 2
Earth: 2
Fire: 1
Water: 1
Balance: 2

Specialties:
Cooking
Persuasion

Philosophy:

Always seek to learn new lessons. Even a Master is still a student of the world.
Always strive  for rightness of action, intention, and speech.
Be as free as the wind, as solid as the mountain.

Weapons:[/b]
Darts - Small, thin wooden darts, with sharp, worked metal tips. Excellently balanced. Carries a dozen of them with him, worked into the sleeves of his robes.
Spear -  A simple looking spear. The length of the weapon is mostly bamboo, while the spearhead is worked steel.  It has a small inscription carved along its length: "Be as free as the wind, as solid as the mountain."

Armour: 1 - well worn traveling robes, dyed a faded yellow in color, thick traveling boots, fingerless gloves, and a bandanna, dyed a rich vermillion hue.

Styles:
Dust Storm (Initiate)
Boar Herder (Initiate)
Check out my poet tree!

Teo Torriatte

I would love to get in on this as well. I'll submit some kind of idea for a character in the next few days.

Teo Torriatte

Name: Xiang Wu Long

Elements
Air: 1
Earth: 1
Fire: 1
Water: 3
Balance: 3

Specialties:
Dancing
Meditation

Philosophy:
She who can move and think as soft and supple as water has the power to carve her destiny into even the tallest and hardest of mountains.

Weapons:
Spear
Bow

Armour:
None

Styles:
Seeking Killer (Initiate)
Empty Vessel (Initiate)

Zeth

You are both spear users? Perhaps students of Rivaling schools?

TheHangedOne

That could be a cool way to do things.
Check out my poet tree!