Doctor Who 50th Anniversary (Need 11+ players for Doctors+companions) (No sex)

Started by YaoiRolePlay, November 01, 2013, 02:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YaoiRolePlay

That is true. And we could even do a multi-Master sort of thing. I had never even considered that possibility until I saw Delgado and Ainley together in this:

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Clala

Alright then!

This seems to have slowed down a lot. But fear not, I have thought of a plot! (Or, well, the idea for one).

We talked of God-like creatures before, something powerful enough it requires multiple Doctors to stop it. The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit is one of my favourite stories, and so thought we could do something on The Beast. Of course The Beast has already been slain now but there is still a big question about him we have no answer to. How did such a powerful, god-like creature become imprisoned in that deathtrap on Krop Tor in the first place? The Disciples of Light it was claimed... But Who were the Disciples?

"The Disciples, 12 men from a race thought dead. Together they stand."
The Disciples, you guessed it, would be the Doctors. This could also involve the Master as a secondary villain, possessed by the Beast and perhaps eventually working with the Doctors. I doubt we'll get someone for every Doctor, so not all are required (and I've counted John Hurt there).

Obviously this still needs a lot of work, but please tell me what you guys think!

Major Major

M'yeah; gonna have to drop out; started a training course, so it's taking up all my time.

kingmaster1

kingmaster1

kingmaster1

kingmaster1

Wow :P

So many choices XD

I'm....tied between all of them...if only I had an eight sided die!

How about.... Number two? I think I'll go with him. But I will second guess myself no doubt XD

YaoiRolePlay

Go for it. I'm taking Six or Eight, whichever doesn't get taken. Though I'll just chose one if neither is taken.

I think we should get this started though. So we're doing a prequel to The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit. This is the last call, is everyone alright with this? Everyone who wants to participate please post right away so we can get started. Finally.

pendarious

Doctors  1,2,3,5,6,7, and 8 are free i'm pretty sure 9,10, and 11 are taken. I'm playing 4 and i'm totally cool with this plot
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

kingmaster1

Theta Sigma

Quote from: YaoiRolePlay on December 10, 2013, 04:37:27 PM
Go for it. I'm taking Six or Eight, whichever doesn't get taken. Though I'll just chose one if neither is taken.

I think we should get this started though. So we're doing a prequel to The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit. This is the last call, is everyone alright with this? Everyone who wants to participate please post right away so we can get started. Finally.

Already voiced my interest, still interested. I can promise my time around might be terrible until after the 5th of Jan due to ridiculous working hours, unfortunately.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Clala

I've talked to Stormraven, and he is still interested. So we still have a nine!

Sorry to hear you're dropping out Major.

We have a few doctors now, but we still have the role of the Master to fill. Anyone up for this? I'd be fine playing him, but if someone really wants to feel free to claim him!

Another question then. What incarnation of the Master shall we use? Simm, a previous incarnation (just not Eric Roberts... Ew), or even an OC Master?

YaoiRolePlay

Stormraven

I guess it's up to our Master, but the idea of using the YANA incarnation is pretty exciting! We only saw Derek Jacobi take up his evil persona for a few minutes but... Wow, what a few minutes they were.

Clala

I'm against using the Jacobi Master. I loved him in short stint as the Master but I think it would be unfair to his character to relegate him to a puppet of The Beast.

In these circumstances I'd prefer Simm or an OC.

kingmaster1

Well, since he technically died... We should probably use an original one :P

pendarious

we could use one of the Masters earlier incarnations (before Delgado and Ainley) when he still had a few Regenerations left and this could be why he despises the Doctor....

Clala

But wouldn't it be best for him to recognise most of the Doctors? Plus if it's before Delgado we can't make any references to stuff!

pendarious

you have a point. I was just throwing out a random idea....though I wasn't really thinking about that *laughs*

YaoiRolePlay

Ok. I'm going to be throwing up a starter GM post soon. Probably tonight or tomorrow sometime.

Do we know who's going to play the Master? Or we can just have him as an NPC.