Fire emblem: Broken throne

Started by SargentToughie, July 01, 2010, 06:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargentToughie

For generations, the Arrowind family had watched over and ruled the kingdom of Soravel. The great hero, Orik Arrowind, had been appointed by the golden dragon generations ago that his family shall forever rule over the majestic kingdom, so long as the values of truth and virtue remain deeply webbed into his descendants hearts. Orik started a new golden age for the world, with Soravel leading the way in a new era of peace. In each generation of Arrowind since Orik, the values remained the same. Truth and virtue remained bolstered by strength in order to rule Soravel with a benevolent and equal hand. However, all good things must come to an end.

The kingdom neighboring Soravel, Lancor, suddenly invaded the golden kingdom without warning, breaking through the Soravel forces without the slightest amount of struggle thanks to their brutal preemptive attack. By the time the forces of Soravel realized that they were being invaded, half of the country had already been overtaken by the overwhelming strength of the Lancor assault. After two months of brutal war, the Lancor army was already breaking down the gates of Soravel castle. The king of Soravel somehow managed to escape the assault with his son and daughter, fleeing to Soravel's ally kingdom of Anderien. The Queen of Anderien heard the tale of the king, and is currently mobilizing her forces in order to counterattack the Lancor forces and reclaim Soravel.

However, this is not a story about the prince or princess of Soravel, this is a tale about the prince of Lancor, a young man who saw the change in his father. A young man who saw something dark and evil behind the new powers of the Lancor army, a young man who abandoned his home before Lancor became a villain to the world. This young man is now traveling the world in search of answers, wondering how such incredible and dark powers could have been planted in his father. Tragically for the young prince, there are those who don't want him to see the truth behind his kingdom's invasion. There are those that would see his blood spilled for meddling in the affairs of those much, much higher then a single prince.

Luckily for the Lancor prince though, he is not alone in his quest. Others have come to join him for reasons and motives all their own, rather it's loyalty to the Lancor heir, or a quest of revenge, or simply a desire to see justice prevail, the Lancor prince will not stand alone in his battle to see his kingdom restored to what is right and just.

Anybody interested? I'm allowing a maximum of 3 characters per player. Of course, if you only want one or two, you're more then welcome to do that. If you want to start out using one character, then want to introduce more as the story goes on (much like 'recruiting' characters in the games) then that's also approved and encouraged. And you're also more then welcome to make a new space for a new character by killing off one of your current or former characters. After all, characters die in the games, so it makes sense that you can kill off your own people... should you wish it. Use the same general outline for my character sheets in order to make your own.

One thing though, I'm only allowing first tear classes right now, don't worry, promotions will happen as the game proceeds. We'll be playing by shadow dragon classes, since that's the most recent fire emblem game to come out. (And I haven't played the 'path of radiance' series per lack of gamecube). By that token, ANY first tear classes are available. Knights, Myrmadons, thiefs, anything except Lords.

Weapons should be pretty obvious, if your class can equip them, you can have them. Common sense applies of course, don't go equipping your knight with a silver lance right from the get-go.

If you have any questions, I'll be more then happy to answer them.

Name: Alister (Lancoros) Northwind
Class: Lord
Weapons: Rapier, iron sword (If you're a spell casting class, this is where you'll put your spells)
Other items: Vulnerary x1
Appearance:
Orientation: Straight
Bio: Alister spent much of his childhood spending time with the prince and princess of Soravel. He and Soravel's prince later became dueling partners in their later years, honing their skills with a blade against one another. Because of his time around the royalty of Soravel, Alister didn't turn out like most princes do. He wasn't spoiled, he didn't take his life for granted, he did a many things different. By many regards, he was a Soravel prince that was born in Lancor. And when his father started acting strangely, he was the first to notice, and the first to try and reach through. After his attempts to stop his father from invading Soravel nearly landed him in the dungeon, he slipped away from the castle, starting his journey to uncover what had possessed his father.
Personality: A strong and serious leader most of the time, he acts with the maturity of a man twice his age. However, when the situation doesn't call for a hero or a leader, he allows himself to relax and become a teenager once again.
Other Remarks: (Anything extra you feel like sharing about your character.)

I look forward to seeing who all's interested in taking part in this journey of mine. Sign up now if you'd like a place.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

pendarious

i'm in. here are 3 characters i'll play.

Name: Irina Morgain
Class: Myrmidon
Weapon: iron sword, Killing Edge
Other Item: Vulnerary x2

Appearance:

Orientation: Bi-sexual
Bio:
Irina Morgain is the Daughter of Duke Arsonus Morgain and his wife Dutchess Inera Morgain. Duke Morgain rules over the territory of Almarius in the kingdom of Lancor.  Almarius is a region that is mild in climate with warm gentle springs, hot summers, cool autumns, and cold snowy winters. The landscape of the region is mostly mountainous but the people have learned how to cultivate here none the less. Agriculturally this region is sufficient for taking care of it’s citizens and it’s soldiers. Most of the region is fortified it’s something of a massive strand of mountain side forts. The soldiers have learned how to use a combination of infantry and Draco Knights. Duke Morgain was a kind and gentle man but a very formidable warrior. He was well respected amongst the aristocracy. His daughter Irina decided she wanted to learn how to wield the sword knowing that one day she would have to take up the mantel of Dutchess. Her education in both politics and the sword began when she was 5 years old. She was a very studious girl constantly either reading or practicing with the sword. She spent much of her free time at the age of 12 traveling the mountainous region trying to get to know the people. It was her fathers words that inspired her to travel keeping in mind these words “benevolence is the key to success as the one who leads people but keep in mind knowing the people as they are and what they desire is a grand key as well. Furthermore one must also be strict in upholding the laws they make.”  And so she came to know and understand her people. One evening a man approached Duke Morgain in the market and handed him a mysterious food object claiming it was from across the sea. Duke morgain invited this man to join him in the manor that evening. The man accepted,  and went to the manor. Duke Morgain at this food and fell ill passing on halfway through the night. The mysterious man laughed and proclaimed that he was from across the sea and had come to this continent to test new poisons. He never explained why he happened to come to this country in fact he never had the chance to because Irina ran him through killing him instantly. Lady Morgain fell into a state of Depression after her husbands death. Irina was 14 at that time. The fallowing year Lady Morgain committed suicide by throwing herself off the cliff that sat a few miles behind the manor. Irina herself remembered that she needed to maintain order and took up the rank of Dutchess at 15.
personality: she is quiet and kind. she acts firm and tough despite her actual self. she prefers to hide her kinder/gentler self in order to protect herself from being percieved as weak.

Name: Mari Elisentrus
Class: Pegasus Knight
Weapon: Iron lance,Javeline
Other Item: Vuleneraryx2

Appearance:

Orientation: Bi-sexual
Bio: Mari Elisentrus was born in the small town of Lerosite in the kingdom of Soravel. The town is an agricultural village somewhere near the border furthest from Lancor. Many people became mercinaries as a way of life to help the small town bring in money. Many woman became Pegasus knights because the forests near them were teaming with the animals. Mari was given a young Pegasus for her 6th birthday by her mother.  Her mother spent the next 8 years teaching her daughter all about the mercenary trade. As a result of this training Mari became detatched from loyalty to the country and became loyal only to the employer who handed her cash. At the age of 19 she is just a wondering mercenary looking for work.

personality: she is a fun loving and care free sort of person who enjoys her day to day life. she gets serious on the battlefield though.

Name: Orenius Maxwell
Class: Knight
Weapons: Steel Lance, short spear
Other Item: Vulenrary x3

Appearance:

Bio: Orenius Maxwell is the son of a blacksmith in a poor town called Elthestina which lies around 4 days south of the capital of Lancor. When he was 15 Orenius happened to see some knights riding through the town to return to the capital he admired them and began to train to be one. Well what he thought was training to be one anyway. He would exorcise, work hard in the forge, then go out into the woods and fight against hey dummies he set up. One day a bandit attack occurred and Orenius was able to fend them off all alone. A few days later some knights arrived to help the town and they witnessed the youths strength and fighting ability or at least the potential. They made him a squire and took him back to the palace. They indoctrinated him into believing that the kings words were law and should always be obeyed. He was 25 when he was Knighted and has faithfully served the kingdom since.
personality: he is a stiff and stern fellow but can be laid back when not on the field of battle. he believes in discipline.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

FragarachZ

As said in PM, here is my first character. I'll save the other two slots for later.

Name: Ken Rayn
Class: Myrmidon
Affinity: Dark
Weapons: Killing Edge
Appearance:

Bio: Ken was chosen at a young age for his talents by Caen Bael, the sword instructor of the royal family in Lancor. The swordmaster believed that skill had nothing to do with heritage, and while loyal to the Lancoros family, he took the boy of commoner origins on as his apprentice. His prediction turned out to be true, as the young Ken showed signs of his great skills in swordplay. He often met with Prince Alister and the two developed a friendship over the years. When the prince set out on his journey, Ken was the first to join him. His goals are to aid his friend Alister in his quest for  truth, and to master his sword by traveling the land and overcoming challenges.
Ken is dead serious when it comes to battle, but is otherwise a pretty easygoing guy. He has excellent dexterity and sword skills, but lacks in other areas, like the weapon proficiencies, mounts or heavy armor of other warriors. Instead, he focuses on his speed to carry him trough battles, navigating the battlefield with grace, cutting down enemies with precise attacks.
He can get in touch with most people fine, but he has troubles interacting with nobility other than his friend. He believes in the freedom of the individual and refuses to associate any special traits or right with heredity. He also finds portents and such ridiculous.
Due to a childhood trauma he doesn't wish to discuss (unless pressed of course), he has a strong dislike against dark and anima magic users.
O&O

Videospirit

Name: Lily Rikae
Class: Hunter
Weapons: Iron Bow
Other items: none
Appearance:
Orientation: Bisexual
Bio: Lily grew up as part of the Rikae tribe, living on the plains nearby Lancor. She lived a nomadic life, one with the horses, hunting and foraging for her daily sustenance. This all came to an end when a large group of "bandits" hailing from Lancor marched upon the tribe during the night. Many of the tribe were scattered or killed, Lily was one of the handful captured alive and taken back to Lancor to be sold as a slave, the bandits having their way with her many times along the way. She was fortunate to be spotted by Alister who bought her freedom, but she chose to serve him as a maid anyway out of gratitude, often tagging along when he travels due to her upbringing. She became a target for some of the more depraved advisors to the king of Lancor, unable to deny their demands of her whenever the prince did not take her away from the castle, and never brought this up under threat of being removed from Alister's side. She was only too happy to join him on his journey, although the scars she bears still simmer beneath the surface. She hopes that one day she can learn the fates of her fellow tribesmen, especially her brother and sister.
Personality: Lily is especially timid because of her past, although occasionally she'll slip into a happy carefree mood like she was as a child. She rarely volunteers information unless withholding it could bring harm to the prince or someone else she cares about, but will carry on a conversation if spoken to. She tends to get straight to the point when there's work to be done though, always making sure the chores are taken care of around camp, and she loves spending time with horses, missing the great tamed steeds her tribe had raised for generations with the odd wild horse brought in here and there, compared to the bulky warhorses of Lancor however. Although she is a crack shot with a bow, she doesn't really have the heart to kill, always aiming to injure rather than kill her targets, and often hesitating when making a difficult shot.

Silk

I'm interested in joining but I'm gonna take some time to make a character

SargentToughie

Works for me, looks like we've got enough players now.

Whenever Silk's character comes in, we'll get this ball rolling. Here's how the RP is going to work: Instead of me trying to control entire armies, like my former clusterfuck of a Gundam RP, you guys will be the ones in control, for the most part.

When we enter battle, you'll write a short story about your character's involvement in the fight, you'll also be controlling the enemies as well. But of course, I request that you do this within reason, keep in mind that your character isn't an invincible superman, he/she is a very mortal person, and must rely on careful planning and teammates in order to survive.

You can have your characters (If you have 2 or more) cooperate, or if you want to write a joint story with another player, that works just as well, just make sure to iron out the details in PM before you try to just start a battle on a whim and contradict something that another player's character is doing.

Other then that, this RP is largely reliant on you guys. As you'll be the ones in control of how efficient in combat that your characters are.

Let's have some fun.

EDIT: Just because we have enough doesn't mean that we can't accept more. Any who are interested are still more then welcome to join in.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

pendarious

hmmm.....this should be interesting.....*goes to find the die i have laying around so i can determine this D&D style*
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Kaiser Maverick

Name: Hector"Nero"Gale
Class: Paladin
Weapons: Brave Sword,Killer Lance.Regal Blade
Other items: Elixir x3
Appearance:Underneath his helmet his eyes are ruby red with light,short red hair.
Bio:Nero was raised in Renais by his father and mother.HIs father was a trained military leader in the lead Renais army.He taught his sons the basic combat of battle.His younger son never took to the combat of blades so he opted out and joined his mother.The eldest brother,Hector,took to arms and quickly learned how to fight with speed and skill.He gained the name "Nero" after decimating a castle fortress.
Personality:Nero has a cynical personality.Partly sadistic and partly caring.Not Bipolar.HE will do what is necessary to protect his team but often may go overboard.
Other Remarks:

Kaiser Maverick

Class:Chevalier.
Weapons-Iron Lance,Iron Sword,Javalin.

pendarious

*scratches head* nero is from Magvel.....and he's involved with lancor and soravel why? and also i'm pretty sure that demon said 1st tear only and i think the basic weapons are through c rank though with the short spear i may have accidently added a B rank weapon without meaning too.....

Videospirit

Quote from: pendarious on July 08, 2010, 08:18:55 PM
*scratches head* nero is from Magvel.....and he's involved with lancor and soravel why? and also i'm pretty sure that demon said 1st tear only and i think the basic weapons are through c rank though with the short spear i may have accidently added a B rank weapon without meaning too.....

Seems like the character would have been better suited to joining the game later on than right from the start, although he corrected the class/weapons in the second post, rather than just editing the first one.

SargentToughie

He's a NING, he can't edit posts yet.
Ons and offs

pendarious

oh well i just feel like an ass now.....*sweatdrop* oops sorry about that.

Videospirit

I have now been educated in the meaning of NING.

Although I feel kind of embarrassed to have a lower post-count than someone with that title ;_;.

Rachubka

Name: Morgan Naessi
Class: Chavelier
Weapons: Steel Spear, Steel Sword
Other Item(s): Vulenrary x2, Antitoxin x1
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Bio: Morgan has been a member of the Soravel court for as long as she can remember, mostly in thanks to her father acting as a sort of diplomat to the Kingdom of Lancor. Much to her mother's disapproval, her father insisted that she be trained in the art of swordplay. At a young age she decided to do one better and learn how to swing a sword just as gracefully except on a horse.

The little Morgan being as intuitive as she is, quickly learned the pattern at which her father left for Lancor. His trips often coincided with Prince Alister's, causing her to hate the young prince as he was associated with her father leaving for weeks on end. Thankfully, before she had the chance to best him in combat, she learned otherwise that Alister was not the cause of all of her problems.

As she matured, so did the complications of her native Soravel. Much of the court, especially Alister who was essentially living among them, were wary of Lancor activity. Her father grew distant, spending the majority of his time amongst the highest echelons of royalty. When Morgan caught on to exactly what was happening, her father shipped her off onto a wild goose chase days before the invasion. In her instructions to find an 'eagle', she figured out that there was no such creature to find, there was only Alister. Hoping to find Alister before her family is in any true danger, she sped off in hopes of offering him her services.

Personality: Morgan carries herself beyond her years in terms of battle experience. In matters of the heart, however, she is rather naive and will often pretend she knows better than she truly does. Her family is a touchy subject, as she is not sure of their well being -- if she gets the opportunity, she will pester Alister as to why it is taking so long to liberate Soravel.

SargentToughie

Alright, change of plans, I'm not going to hold up a group this large for a single player that can easily join in later on. Here's the RP itself.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=74977.0

Then here is the obligatory OOC thread to partner it:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=74979.0
Ons and offs

pendarious

Silk

Name: Lelian Twilign

Class: Curate

Weapons: Cure, Restore

Appearance:

Orientation: Bisexual

Bio: Lelian spent much of her time assisting the priest at a small village in southern Soravel. She had a amazing talent for healing magic and was able to push her boundaries past a persons normal limits. However when going to such legnths it takes its toll on her body, which is not very durable to begin with.

After Lancors assault on the kingdom, Lelian left her village to go assist those in trouble at the front lines. After witnessing the barbarity of the Lancorian army it did not take long for Lilian to begin to seethe with anger. The once passive girl who only wished to help those around her, was now getting involved in the war. Lelian is begining to get a reputation as "The Twilight" Which she was given partly as a play on words from her name, but also because of her habit of arriving at the first glimpse of light after the dark night of battle, and came as a sign that the soldiers would live to see the coming day.

Personality: A gentle hearted and pious girl for her entire life Lilian is the type of person who you would find going to assist anyone regardless of risk to herself. However with the recent invasion of her country she has begun to stir a more darker ego as the realities of war threaten to overwhelm her. Sometimes prone to flights of fancy and her growing reputation can sometimes threaten to make her full of herself.

Other Remarks: Is able to push her body further, to be able to sacrafice some of her own health to restore the wounded. However it takes a toll on her and leaves her vulnerable for a time afterwards.

SargentToughie

Name: Kain Arrowind
Class: Chevalier
Weapons: Iron sword, Iron lance
Other Items: Vulnerary x1 (As is becoming the standard)
appearance:
orientation: Straight
Bio: Kain's early life was a struggle, as his family was barely able to afford food and shelter for the family, which consisted of Kain, his parents, and his two siblings. As soon as he came of legal age to conscript at 18, he joined the Lancor military. For the initial months, Kain put his heart into his training. The last thing he wanted was to turn out like his parents, who he resents heavily, even to this day. Upon completion of his basic training, Kain was assigned to the royal family's personal detail. Thinking of this as an honor beyond all imagining, Kain put incredible effort into this new position, though he never met the royal family in person. When he overheard that Alister was leaving Lancor on his journey, Kain saw it as his duty to be by the prince's side, and protect him. Acting of his own accord without consulting his superiors, Kain mounted his horse and sped off in the direction where the prince and his group were last seen.
Personality: Kain has two great priorities in his life: His duty, and women. His relatively short time in the Lancorian guard earned him a reputation as an extremely hard worker and a loyal fighter, but it also got him a reputation as an insatiable flirt. If it has a pretty face and a skirt, odds are that Kain would try to flirt with it. Appearing as a strong and confident man when it is required of him, he often jokes around that the reason he joined the military is so that he could appear like a knight in shining armor to the ladies of the world. He's not comfortable with sharing his roots, as he resents his entire family for reasons he keeps to himself. Kain also has a tendency to be overprotective of his friends and allies, often taking on overwhelming odds and powerful opponents if it means their protection. This reckless nature of his tends to put him in many, many dangerous situations.
Other information: He's extremely attached to his horse, named Shimmer, and considers the horse to be one of his most trusted and loyal friends.

Ons and offs

kckolbe

It seems we are mageless.  Interested in more players still?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

SargentToughie

Most certainly, if you're bringing along some mages for the ride, it'll be great to have you.
Ons and offs

pendarious

hehe this is getting to be a bigger and bigger group by the character post *laughs*

kckolbe

Awesome.  I'll have a mage then.

Name: Nivek Eblok
Class: Mage
Weapons: Fire Tome
Other Items: Vulneraryx1
Appearance: (Will have to wait until back at my own computer)
Sexuality: Straight
Bio: An apprentice of the Chief Mage of Lancor, Nivek had learned his magic from the best Lancor had to offer.  Once he was old enough, he joined the Lancor military, working alongside the fast Myrmidons, with whom he would practice quick strikes.  Lately, when practicing with his mentor, he heard his old master mentioning things about changes in the king, though the elder man refused to talk of it when asked by Nivek.  Curiosity slowly took him over, and he eventually decided to set out when he heard word of a group departing.
Personality: A very easy-going and relatively humble young man, Nivek's pride in his abilities is well tempered with knowledge of his inadequacies as a fighter.  He has learned to move quickly as a result of his training, but his magic is not as strong as that of the more devoted mages.
(By the way, if either of our Myrmidons wish a shared backstory, let me know)
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

FragarachZ

Quote from: kckolbe on July 11, 2010, 02:16:07 PM
(By the way, if either of our Myrmidons wish a shared backstory, let me know)
So far Ken is the only myrmidon from Lancor, who was like your character, raised and teached by the local master of the art :P
I don't mind if you want a shared backstory, at least there can be one mage my myrm is on friendly terms with.
O&O

pendarious

Irina is also a myrmidon from lancor *laughs* she's just a noble as well