Pathfinder - Another game for the newbs :P (looking for 1 replacement)

Started by Autocad, May 06, 2013, 06:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latooni Subota

I don't have time for a more in-depth background sadly, but here's what I have so far.

Kali Nah Vajra, Vudrani Monk

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Kali Nah Vajra is a Vudrani acolyte of the Monastery of the Unfolding Wind in Jalmeray. Growing up all her life surrounded by martial artists, she learned the value of discpline and order quite early on . . . but never really lost a thirst for adventure. Despite working hard at advancing her craft in the temple, she has chosen to travel the world for a time to hone her craft against monsters and warriors of other lands . . . at least that's her excuse. In the end she really just wants to explore the world and be a proper adventurer. She's been hopping from port to port on various ships ever since, doing odd-jobs in exchange for passage.

(What? Korra was the best Vudrani-looking monk picture I could find. :P )
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Coyote

Here is my character, a Cleric

Athoros, The Wretched Priest

Umm I'm really sure if it's all right, so if anyone looks at it and notices something wrong please let me know. He is mainly focused on using mind affecting abilities on opponents and buffing and healing allies. I will put up a backstory soon but he is basically a priest of thieves and sneaky folk.

For an item, I think I would want a full plate of armor, I'm not that experienced with this game but that seems to make the most sense to me.
"Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less. A shadow on the wall. Yet shadows can kill. And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow"

-Lord Varys, The Spider

Autocad

By the way, I want to clarify that while some of the adventure takes place on the coastline, this is NOT an aquatic campaign. Most of the action takes place in the jungle or ancient ruins in the jungle, like something out of Indiana Jones. (Skull and Shackles is the pirate one. Did you mix them up?)

Trilogy

Reposting these here now that I've cleaned them up a bit...

Aoko the Kitsune Synthesist Summoner (True Form) (NSFW Boob warning)

Character Sheet
Eidolon's character sheet

I'll hopefully write a more detailed backstory tomorrow, but she's a mix of social focus and combat thanks to her eidolon, which is a fox shape she merges with when she summons it. As a Kitsune she also has both a human and fox-person form. As kitsune are a rare, clan-oriented race, she was traveling with her family when she was kidnapped by slavers in a distant port and ended up being shipped off towards foreign shores...

For items... Not sure, actually. I don't need much in the way of weapons thanks to my eidolon. I'll think of something

Kay Tana

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12253

I'm fairly certain that's everything in its place. If not just let me know. I can't think of any mundane item that he'd need or want.

Latooni Subota

oooh, yeah I think I did mix that up. I definately wanted the pirate one, not the jungle one. I'll back down then if we're stuck with Serpent's Skull, since i meant to vote for Skull and Shackles.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Autocad

Well, anybody mind if we switch over to Skull and Shackles?

Pirates are cooler anyways

Kay Tana

No offense to pirates, but if we do switch I think I'll just have to bow out.

Autocad

So... basically whatever I do, one of you will be gone?

EroticFantasyAuthor

Why not do another vote between just the two modules/adventure paths?

Kay Tana

Probably. I took a good look at the pirate one and there just doesn't seem to be anything in it to interest me. Not to say you all wouldn't have fun playing, but I simply don't feel like I'd be into it enough to be of any help.

Yano2mch

If the purpose of this is to get familiar with the system or try out classes/features from 3.5 to PF, then why would it lack interest? The roleplay? Setting? Specific areas/features? I'm sure if you voice specific dislikes with the DM/GM they could alter it a little to incorporate what you would want to have fun...

Trilogy

For the record, I don't mind either option, though I may change my character a bit if we do pirates instead.

EvilBeast

15 point buy is a little restrictive imo, but I'll see if I can make it work. I do have a character (halfling druid) that I will need to tweak. She was built with 20 point buy.

Is there a player's guide for Serpent's Skull?
nm...found it
http://paizo.com/products/btpy8g6d?Pathfinder-Adventure-Path-Serpents-Skull-Players-Guide

Latooni Subota

The only adventure I found interesting to me was Skull and Shackles. I was pretty hesitant anyways when I saw that you bumped the game size up to 6, so I'm definately not going to play in an adventure path I don't like in a game that's too big.

Trilogy

Guess we're sticking with Serpent's Skull then? Can we get a final GM's verdict? I'm ready to get started whenever.

Coyote

It seems like there is a lot of confusion about the adventure path and someone will be mad no matter what, honestly I would be in favor of simply just flipping a coin at this point
"Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less. A shadow on the wall. Yet shadows can kill. And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow"

-Lord Varys, The Spider

EroticFantasyAuthor

CapeCodRPGER

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on May 13, 2013, 09:17:27 PM
6 is too big?  ???

Most Pathfinder parties are 4-6 people, thats what the adventures are designed for. I would have liked to try this but its full.

EroticFantasyAuthor

6 sounds like a fine party size to me, thus the confusion.

Autocad

We'll be switching over to Skull and Shackles which is a pirate aquatic campaign. The good news is that the start is still the same - captured on board a pirate ship, with no gear.

Please pay close attention to the instructions for character creation. Consider this a test of your reading comprehension and I reserve the right to boot you if you fail too horribly.

Allowed sources: any official Paizo material (i.e. not third party) that can be found on the pathfinder SRD http://www.d20pfsrd.com/
Starting level: Level 1
Ability scores: 15 point buy (standard fantasy)
Starting traits: 2
Starting gear: None

Additional information: In your character sheet please also indicate one (1) item that you want for your wishlist. This can be any mundane item or a spellbook (please include the starting spells contained as appropriate for a level 1 character). It is meant to make sure that you have the right gear for your build. For example, if you have the feat Weapon Focus (glaive), then you would probably want to put "glaive" on your wishlist to make sure that you get a glaive, instead of, say, halberds. If you are a wizard, then you would probably want to put "spellbook" with the list of starting spells included, otherwise you might find it difficult to prepare spells.

More additional information: Please also indicate what sexual activities you are fine or not fine with.

Finally, our remaining cast appears to be:

evilbeast
yano2mch
latooni subota
coyote
trilogy

If you are on this list and shouldn't be, or if you should be on this list but aren't, please let me know ASAP...

Trilogy

Hmmm... Okay.

The question is-- do I keep my Kitsune Summoner, or switch over to a Catfolk Gunslinger? Only because I've always wanted to play a pirate catgirl...

Autocad

Relevant picture is relevant.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1144367

I'll take nekomimis over furries any day of the week.

Trilogy

Okay, you talked me into it  ;)

Here's what I have so far: Asra, Catfolk Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger Archetype)

I do have a question about our 'wishlist' item: As a Gunslinger, I'm supposed to get my first gun as a class feature, not something I have to purchase. While that obviously doesn't mean I'm going to get to start with a gun in this case, could I get a second non-weapon wishlist item to go with it, to make up for the fact that I'm also losing that part of my class at start?

I'll add those items and my sexual content preferences to my sheet later today!

Yano2mch

Mmmm... Updated to fit the item/kinks requirements: Meet Jared FrogBurn (mind you he has a very long name... WIP)

If there's anything wrong with him let me know.