WH40K Death Watch Interest Check. [1-2 Spots Open]

Started by ArcherCC, September 24, 2014, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArcherCC

IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE THERE IS ONLY WAR

"It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor of Mankind has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth."

Welcome to the hell that is the Sabbat Worlds Sector. For the last 2,000 years the sector has be racked with heresy and chaos. This all ended with the titanic battle of Hagia, some say Saint Sabbat herself came back to aid the Imperium.

In the years since then the Imperium has noticed and recorded an increase in Xeno activity in the Sabbat Sector. This has led to the creation of a new Watch Fortress.

Watch Fortress Aurelian.
The fortress is based in requisitioned Imperial battle station based over the planet Hagia.

I will be using the Death Watch RPG by Fantasy Flight games.

Positions to Fill:
1-2

Current Players / Chapters / Classes
Updated List: 10/3/14
Pumpkin Seeds: Dark Angels Tactical Marine [Complete]
Deadmanshand: Carcharadon Assault Marine [Complete]
Arcannyx: Dark Angel Librarian [Complete]
HairyHeretic: Space Wolf Wolf Scout [Complete]
Jaded: Raptor Devastator Marine [Complete]
Norwegian One: Black Templar Apothecary [Complete]
AndyZ: (Spot Held)
Lirliel: Imperial Fist Tactical Marine [Complete]

Right now I am only allowing cannon SM chapters, and I will only allow one (1) Black Shield.

Thanks for your time.

Pumpkin Seeds

AndyZ

Keeping an eye on this for a Space Marine.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

ArcherCC

Did either of you have a specific chapter in mind?

AndyZ

I don't know 40k extremely well.  Most likely I'll just grab whatever's left.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Pumpkin Seeds

Not sure yet.  Dark angels are my favorite lore wise.

Thinking I am going to try for a Dark Angels Devastator Marine.

Landshark

Will this be a system game so complete characters and all or a straight up rp. I have the books somewhere but god emperor only knows where they are. :P

Ollumhammersong

I have been wanting to make Storm warden for a while now. I will toss my name in for this.
Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

HairyHeretic

How will you be running Inquisitors in a Deathwatch game? Dark Heresy rules and additional XP spend?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

ArcherCC

Quote from: HairyHeretic on September 24, 2014, 04:43:10 PM
How will you be running Inquisitors in a Deathwatch game? Dark Heresy rules and additional XP spend?

I was just going over what that would take to do, and have decided to eliminate them as an option, to time consuming, and crunchy. I don't want to get bogged down with the conversion, nor have players get bogged down.

Jaded

I would be interested, though might lose internet access shortly for a week or two, so if that is an issue can avoid applying.

ArcherCC

Quote from: Jaded on September 25, 2014, 12:13:54 AM
I would be interested, though might lose interest access shortly for a week or two, so if that is an issue can avoid applying.

Thats a not a problem at all.

Cataclysmic Archangel

I'd be interested.  I haven't done much with the system (mostly just making characters for a DH game that never got anywhere on these boards).  I know the game and the lore/fluff, but I don't know as much regarding the specifics of the rules off the top of my head.  I'd have to find that stuff online.

Most likely I'd go for a Librarian, I think, or maybe try and throw a specific concept (which I remember that Deathwatch didn't quite work with at first).

Any chance of a Grey Knight, if I call dibs? :)  If not, very likely Dark Angel.

Ollumhammersong

Grey knights do not serve in Deathwatch. They work for a completely different branch of the inquisition and they do so exclusively.

That and it would kind of give away their whole 'staying secret' thing.
Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

Pumpkin Seeds

Yeah, Grey Knights are more the Demon Hunter thing.  Also considering they kill anyone that sees them and is not a Grey Knight themselves might be problematic for the rest of the group.

Landshark

Well crap. I cant find my books. They are packed away somewhere. Perhaps in a few weeks i can dig them out and see about tagging in here.

Pumpkin Seeds

If you need some help Landshark, let me know.  I can help you make a character.

Oh, any special rules for character creation?

ArcherCC

Quote from: Arcannyx on September 25, 2014, 10:44:31 AM
I'd be interested.  I haven't done much with the system (mostly just making characters for a DH game that never got anywhere on these boards).  I know the game and the lore/fluff, but I don't know as much regarding the specifics of the rules off the top of my head.  I'd have to find that stuff online.

Most likely I'd go for a Librarian, I think, or maybe try and throw a specific concept (which I remember that Deathwatch didn't quite work with at first).

Any chance of a Grey Knight, if I call dibs? :)  If not, very likely Dark Angel.

Grey Knights are exclusive to the Ordo Malleus, but a Dark Angel would be ok.

So far it looks like we have
Dark Angel X 2
Storm Warden
Space Shark

If you want you can begin working on character Bio/concepts and posting them here.

Landshark

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on September 25, 2014, 03:33:24 PM
If you need some help Landshark, let me know.  I can help you make a character

I might take you up on that PS. I probably should focus on my move though. I will deffinetely be keeping an eye out here though. :) In a few weeks ill be in my new place and free to play no doubt. Hopefully there will still be a spot.

Pumpkin Seeds

Well, feel free to drop me a line.  If you know a ball park of what you want it seems like the GM is just looking for ideas of characters at this point.

Landshark

I was thinking Ultramarine Librarian but i think someone else spoke up for a librarian

Second idea was a devastator but once again i think its been called for already.

Im not a bigg CC fan so I guess maybe the Apothecary? idk

HairyHeretic

I have a Space Wolf from the last time a Deathwatch game came up on here, a Wolf Scout.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Ollumhammersong

Quote from: Landshark on September 25, 2014, 04:18:45 PM
I was thinking Ultramarine Librarian but i think someone else spoke up for a librarian

Second idea was a devastator but once again i think its been called for already.

Im not a bigg CC fan so I guess maybe the Apothecary? idk

There are quite a few of us. We are going to have some overlap on roles. It's not a terrible idea to have 2 of anything really. Except maybe librarians.